Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record and because a kind and fine :kaf: fairy has provided my physical mailbox with a very special medium yesterday, so that I now was finally able to watch the Koko gig in a (now also technically) comparably brilliant quality, I can just confirm my earlier assumption that IMO nothing Island Records will ever come up with Mika-wise will be able to compare. I say that without having seen the PDP gig yet, but I guess that one will be more like Olympia than Koko, which is, let's face it, like 'Watch the Mika in his natural environment doing what he does best and what makes him happiest.' as opposed to 'Mika constantly asking himself: 'Is that good enough? Do they need more - jumping - screaming...?'

I'm well aware that I'm complaining on a high level :naughty: you know that I heart Mika in whichever performance I can get hold of , just wanted to state again: Yep, Koko is it for me.

Okay!

To say I'm getting curious would be the understatement of the year!:boing:

Oh, how I love that word, we don't have it in Swedish!

I agree, I mean don't get me wrong either, it's pretty remarkable how one guy can take one album of songs and somehow make every single show just a little bit different from the last. But, for me there is just something amazing about that KOKO performance. I mean I've only seen it on youtube sadly, but nothing compares to that one for me. I guess its just that one really reminds you of why you became a fan in the first place. It's simplicity is what made it beautiful. Personally I would LOVE to have the ability to have an actual copy of that show.*hint hint*lol

Yes, I agree, that is one of the reasons I choosed to not go to the Paris show this summer.

I don't think I have even seen the KOKO gig!! :blink:

What a bad fan :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Confusion: Is parts of the Koko show included in the DVD PDP?:blink:

[quote name=avoca;

the only difference between the 2 editions of dvd is apparently the packaging' date=' nothing else. deluxe costs 26 € here.

the packaging though is pretty good and the booklet bears some very very nice pics. :wub2:[/quote]

Have just received the copy I ordered from Amazon UK, it's in the shape of a hard covered book, with lots of pictures attached to them but I don't know if it is a bona fide De luxe edition... Never mind, I am going downtown this afternoon to buy a De luxe copy, that will make three :insane: , including the standard one I bought on THE day.

I always buy several copies of the same disk ; thus I can lend them to people who don't know Mika yet and get them badly hooked :wub2: ; last victim, my GP, who is just under 60 and fervently hopes he lives long enough to watch Mika's career all the way :wheelchair:. I am a shameless pusher. :devil:

But I also lend them to people who can’t afford the price, like very young fans. I am not all bad. :angel_not:

I read Matthew Todd’s dithyrambic review twice and am wondering whether the first two words ‘By rites’ are a typo. Perhaps he was just being witty… what do you think ?

:fisch:

Watching it for the 4th time since I bought it just over 24 hours ago. :naughty:

Totally Awesome. :punk:

:lmfao: It arrived on wednesday and I've only watched the performance once, and the documentary twice!!:roftl: I'm a bad fan:mf_rosetinted:

You fangurly thing you!!!! :sneaky2::roftl:

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:wub2: :roftl:

:lmfao: It arrived on wednesday and I've only watched the performance once, and the documentary twice!!:roftl: I'm a bad fan:mf_rosetinted:

You are bad! To the naughty corner with you!

:fisch:

Watching it for the 4th time since I bought it just over 24 hours ago. :naughty:

Totally Awesome. :punk:

I smell an unlikely fangurl in here....:naughty:

I read Matthew Todd’s dithyrambic review twice and am wondering whether the first two words ‘By rites’ are a typo. Perhaps he was just being witty… what do you think ?

My first reaction was "Oh no yet another typo!!!"

That was before I realised it wasn't even Mika writing.:blink:

Perhaps, but it looked so wrong to me, I never got past it. Still haven't read the rest.

I smell an unlikely fangurl in here....:naughty:

Hopefully there's a cure. :naughty:

Does anybody else think the new DVD spotlights Martin more than previously. In the concert footage, I mean, although he's in the documentary too?

I noticed that too.