What did you do before Mika and MFC???

willywonka

Hrmmm before Mika I was a beatle/monkee lovin' internet freak who loves Dean Martin, John Lennon and Jim Croce more than music of today. Now I love Mika, Dean Martin and the beatles. I still act like I was born in the wrong decade but Mika helps balance that out a bit for me. XD

Mika's made me accept dance music I used to hate anything that resemble dance music unless it was western swing.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before MFC and Mika...well.. I was alot quieter and less...me. I was just about always me but never boldly. Now I'm me shamelessly.

I also was on the computer much less but that's prolly because my computer was broken for a couple years and soon after we got a new one my dad found Mika and MFC :naughty: After that I was addicted. To both.

And before the both of them I was definitely a bit more closeminded. I never discriminated but I never really looked out there and thought of all of the things there are to think of. MFC and Mika have opened a different work for me.

I think I was a lot less happy before Mika. I can't remember too well. It's been 2 1/2 for goodness sakes.

Mika and MFC have strengthened my creativity, most definitely. Seeing all of the amazing creativity on here and being inspired by Mika's music has helped my art a lot.

In some ways MFC has helped me grow up but at the same time it helps me embrace my inner child and I like being able to have both :biggrin2:

I definitely wasn't nearly as dirty minded before I joined MFC but I really don't mind. :naughty: It keeps me entertained.

I definitely did my homework in reasonable time before MFC and Mika because I wasn't so distracted. But I don't mind that either.

Mika and MFC have also opened me to a bunch of music I can't imagine living without now. Like Patrick Wolf and Of Montreal and the Scissor Sisters. I don't think music hardly even mattered before MFC. I just listened to whatever my dad played and I figured the 'cool' stuff really was cool cause everyone said so. but now that I've learned what music can be I'm in love with things that stretch the boundaries.

I've never regretted a day I've joined MFC or found Mika :biggrin2: My life is definitely better because of it :wub2:

I still act like I was born in the wrong decade but Mika helps balance that out a bit for me.

I can relate to this. All of my past music artist obsessions aren't as awesome because I am also obsessed with artists like the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, etc. and most of my favorite artists are either dead or they had their prime in another decade so I don't get to enjoy them the same way.

It's awesome to have an artist that is growing during my generation and it's fun to follow him from the beginning of his career instead of admiring him after the end of his career

I can relate to this. All of my past music artist obsessions aren't as awesome because I am also obsessed with artists like the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, etc. and most of my favorite artists are either dead or they had their prime in another decade so I don't get to enjoy them the same way.

It's awesome to have an artist that is growing during my generation and it's fun to follow him from the beginning of his career instead of admiring him after the end of his career

Yup, I was brought up on my parent's music so I know all the 60-80s really well and I love it. I grew up in the 90's and I'm definitely a 90's child but music wise I'm more of a Baetles/Bowie/Cher/Donna Summer/KC And the Sunshine band kinda gal :naughty:

I was thinking the same thing the other day. It's really cool to be able to follow someone as they do these things instead of having to go and look up everyhing you can about someone who doesn't even make music any more.

Before Mika . . . I was totally wrapped up in Freddie and my heart was pretty much BROKEN all of the time - cause he is not here, and it is PAINFUL loving someone so much that you can never touch. Mika was HONESTLY the answer to a prayer. And I am SO thankful for him. My LIFE has changed SO MUCH since that man walked into it. More like BLAM j u m p e d straight into it! :teehee:

Before the MFC . . . I had a social life that was not virtual. I actually went out with friends and co-workers. Spent more time caring about television. Now I just do not have the time for it! And on a more negative note - I GUESS I use to spend more QUALITY time with the kids! Now they JUST know when I am on the MFC . . . go on about your business cause I am gonna be here forEVER! :doh: I AM SUCH A BAD MOTHER! :crybaby: BUT in all reality . . if I didn't have kids I would be here 24/7 - 365 . . . so MAYBE I am NOT as bad a mommy as I think! :roftl:

Exactly! It is peculiar to be able to watch him "from the beginning" so to speak. I'm so used to my favorites already having a whole collection of music for me to asorb. I think that is why I am so tickled over this whole thing. :wub2:

haha, good thread, never seen this before! :naughty:

it's a good question... well, in 2005+2006 i was on take that forums a lot, as there was a lot happening because of their reunion, and i still liked them from when i was a teenager. and i played sims2 and second life... well have my 2nd life in mikaland now, lol! :roftl:

also used to go out a lot, but the fact that i'm not doing that much anymore is not so much because of the mfc, but for other reasons.

basically, i already was addicted to the internet before mfc/mika, and still am now, just on different websites. :naughty:

I was a reasonable person. Yes I had been a fan of other things before but it was limited to putting up posters, buying the cd and seeing a gig once in the 4 years the artist came to Holland. I thought that was the worst I could get. Then Mika came along:roftl:

Before Mika I was an (even more) naive little girl who had no idea how to grow up and be an adult. I had no independence, I relied on everyone. I grew up sheltered. I was at college with no real insight to what my future would hold, I wasn't that confident, I didn't know how to look nice, I was always holding back.

Thank God I've changed at least a little bit :naughty:

Before Mika I was an (even more) naive little girl who had no idea how to grow up and be an adult. I had no independence, I relied on everyone. I grew up sheltered. I was at college with no real insight to what my future would hold, I wasn't that confident, I didn't know how to look nice, I was always holding back.

Thank God I've changed at least a little bit :naughty:

Yeash you're a sexah biatch now:mf_rosetinted: *Vogues*:naughty:

I was a reasonable person. Yes I had been a fan of other things before but it was limited to putting up posters, buying the cd and seeing a gig once in the 4 years the artist came to Holland. I thought that was the worst I could get. Then Mika came along:roftl:

Hehe... I'd never went to a concert before Mika!

:roftl::roftl: I wouldn't quite say I'm a "sexah biatch" LOL but I was worse back then I assure you! :roftl:

We should be in Vogue together! :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah let's do a shoot togetherrr

madonna-vogue1.jpg:naughty:

Hehe... I'd never went to a concert before Mika!

My first...well actually his concert 4 years before that. Well what can I say? I was young and inexperienced:roftl: This wasn't filmed by me though. I was somewhere in the back of the stadium XD

Before Mika and MFC I was .... ummm I don't remember exactly. :teehee:

Hmmm, but now, obviously I'm more internet-addicted, LOL:naughty:

But I go out much more often as well, I have alot more friends, and I'm happy with what I've become. Yeah, he/you gave me this self-confidence I needed so much.

So basically, yeah my life's so much better now. That's for sure :thumb_yello:

I was gonna say I was maybe more into art stuff before, but no. Definitely not actually. Mika inspires me so much, and he broadened out my perspective. :biggrin2:

The only thing is that I have less time for art, perhaps.

Excellent thread.

Before MFC:

My house was a little cleaner.

Eat when I came home from work

Now:

House not so clean

Come home from work, come here, eat cold food.

Hopeful

I had a better concept of time. The space time continuum is messed up here :teehee:

Support and promote another artist ive been a fan of since 97 as much as possible Got 3-4 hours of sleep a day (use to go to bed around 5/6/7 am). Sometimes nada. Ended with i became an admin. for a record compag. in that area. He was/is a part of that compag. but they have "removed" me as one after i joined here cos im not as active there than i was before :blink::tears:

I was in love with Johnny Depp:

Now displaced by MIKA!

Omg me too! :teehee:

I was such an huge fan. I almost have ALL his movies on DVD. I think I've watched Edward Scissorhands about 30 times now. :naughty:

I still go to all of his movies, and I still think he's great, and the best actor in the world. But I'm not just that obsessed with him like I used to.

He's still talented and sexy, but he's getting a little old. I mean.. Look at our young hot Meeks :mf_lustslow: , Johnny could be my father. :naughty:

Before mfc I was a big fan from Marco Borsato a dutch singer. Well now I'm not that biggest fan anymore from Marco Borsato hahahaha.. Now I only go to his gigs here in the Netherlands ;)..

For me is it only mika now.