What made you happy today?

keti

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well It's not just today, I have been sooo happy since Saturday morning when my daughter Vix asked me to read her letter on the phone to her cos she couldn't wait any longer, and to read that not only did Vix pass her re-audition to get back into Italia Conti she also was awarded a 2 year DADA award so now she can finish her musical theatre course and gain a diploma. The fees are pretty dam hefty and now they are covered by them for 2 years woop, so yeah not stopped being proud of her since cos I know just how hard she has worked for it lol.

Well It's not just today, I have been sooo happy since Saturday morning when my daughter Vix asked me to read her letter on the phone to her cos she couldn't wait any longer, and to read that not only did Vix pass her re-audition to get back into Italia Conti she also was awarded a 2 year DADA award so now she can finish her musical theatre course and gain a diploma. The fees are pretty dam hefty and now they are covered by them for 2 years woop, so yeah not stopped being proud of her since cos I know just how hard she has worked for it lol.

Wow congrats! You really have to be proud.

.....well, it wasn't today, it was actually on Sunday..

All last week, I was on a trip with my school on the East Coast, in D.C., Philadelphia, and my favorite, New York City. :)

Anyways, on the last day of the trip, when we were by the Brooklyn Bridge, my best friend Kelton and I had just gotten on the bus to leave NY for good, when he told me "I have something for you." He pulled out a storybook version of Cinderella, and I gave him quite a funny look, until I noticed that there was a page book marked. I turned to the page, and the book mark said..."Cinderella is overrated! If you go to Unity (prom) with me, i'll make sure you don't lose a shoe, ride in a pumpkin, or be in a hurry to leave. I'd just make sure we'd have a ball if you'd be this 'handsome prince's' princess!" It was SO CUTE!!!!!!! I nearly started crying.:naughty:

And now I have my clever way of answering him, hehe.

All last week, I was on a trip with my school on the East Coast, in D.C., Philadelphia, and my favorite, New York City. :)

Anyways, on the last day of the trip, when we were by the Brooklyn Bridge, my best friend Kelton and I had just gotten on the bus to leave NY for good, when he told me "I have something for you." He pulled out a storybook version of Cinderella, and I gave him quite a funny look, until I noticed that there was a page book marked. I turned to the page, and the book mark said..."Cinderella is overrated! If you go to Unity (prom) with me, i'll make sure you don't lose a shoe, ride in a pumpkin, or be in a hurry to leave. I'd just make sure we'd have a ball if you'd be this 'handsome prince's' princess!" It was SO CUTE!!!!!!! I nearly started crying.:naughty:

Romantic or what?!:wub2:

I couldn't stop thinking about my boyfriend:wub2:

Aww, this is so sweet!:wub2:

Love is in the air!:plane:

Prince(new)2_Lg.jpg

A prince of a fellow,

that one:

You lucky girl.

Edited by A. Clay

Today the weather was considerably better than it was yesterday! :bleh:

That is so...:wub2:

aww thats so cute:wub2:

I got to read a book in school today...not too exciting but it was better then working:naughty:

Awww that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard of, really!:wub2::wink2:

What what way?:naughty:

Visiting and taking lunch at

HILLWOOD today!

mmp_detail.jpggardens_maindrive2.jpghillwood-org-museum-25aug05.jpg

hillwood.jpg

http://www.hillwoodmuseum.org/press/vid/cnnvideo.htm

MARJORIE WAS A PARTY GIRL AND COLLECTOR!--MARJORIE WHO?

Marjorie Merriweather Post (1887-1973)

Socialite, heiress, businesswoman. Born March 15, 1887 in Springfield, Illinois. The only child of Charles William Post and Ella Letitia Merriweather, Marjorie became the owner of the successful Postum Cereal Company at age 27 after her father died. She married four times: In 1905 to investment banker Edward Bennett Close, in 1920 to financier Edward Francis Hutton, in 1935 to Washington lawyer and Soviet ambassador Joseph E. Davies, and in 1958 to May Department Stores heir Herbert A. May Jr.

In 1923, after Post’s second husband Edward Hutton became Postum’s chairman of the board, the company expanded to include such brands as Birdseye Frozen Foods and became the General Foods Corporation. The move was largely instigated by Marjorie, a shrewd businesswoman who saw the need for prepared food in an age of increasingly independent women. After the Huttons divorced in 1935, Marjorie joined the company’s Board of Directors, becoming one of the first women to join the board of directors of a major American corporation.

Post was renowned for her lavish homes, and a few have since become landmarks. The Long Island home she shared with her third husband is now the C.W. Post College at Long Island University. The 115-room Mar-A-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, was purchased from the Post Family Trust by Donald Trump in 1985 who reopened it as a private club. Her Washington, D.C. estate, Hillwood, was left to the Smithsonian and reopened to public in 1977 as a museum to display Post’s extensive French and Russian art collection.

Though an avid socialite with expensive tastes, including the largest privately owned sea-going yacht in the world and a pair of 20-carat diamond earrings belonging to Marie Antoinette, Post was also renowned for her substantial charitable donations. She set up soup kitchens in New York during the Depression and contributed to the Soviet War Relief of World War II, the Boy Scouts of America and the National Symphony Orchestra's "Music for Young America" program. Over the years, she donated millions of dollars to charities, including $100,000 to build the Kennedy Center. The French government also awarded Post the Legion of Honor after she donated funds to construct field hospitals in France during World War I.

Edited by A. Clay