Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 2)

Fmbm

I think it would be a VERY good idea once gigs start rolling to have a thread like that,

since it seems we are getting quite a few new members, and even if someone was just browsing the site, maybe they would stumble upon it and M&Gs would be better for everyone.

I mean everyone kindof knows it, but you know, in that moment, I have heard stories of star struckedness...if it was actually written down and respected I think it would have more of an impression. Just my two pennies worth :D

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest Robi, after the post-gig meeting with him in LA, I don't think that it's an utopic thought. Things went SO well there that it was very refreshing. People were calm and respectful, and as a result Mika was really chilled and at ease.

I would like us to take it as the "format" for fan meetings from now on, so that things work out well for us in the future. Even though a meeting is never guaranteed, I do strongly believe that if Mika and his team see us as non-problematic, easy to deal with fans, they will be a lot happier abot organising meetings. If it's no work for them and no stress because we behave, why would they not?

It just works out for everyone :wink2:

I'm so happy to read that people in LA treated Mika with respect, and not a piece of meat. I also hope this continues, and that he does not get hastled at the places he goes to, when he's just Mica Penniman having some personal time.

I'm so happy to read that people in LA treated Mika with respect, and not a piece of meat. I also hope this continues, and that he does not get hastled at the places he goes to, when he's just Mica Penniman having some personal time.

couldn't say it better :thumb_yello: totally agree!

I think it would be a VERY good idea once gigs start rolling to have a thread like that,

since it seems we are getting quite a few new members, and even if someone was just browsing the site, maybe they would stumble upon it and M&Gs would be better for everyone.

I mean everyone kindof knows it, but you know, in that moment, I have heard stories of star struckedness...if it was actually written down and respected I think it would have more of an impression. Just my two pennies worth :D

You know, I think it is going to be important to have some MULTI-LINGUAL guidelines for M&Gs, especially for Europe/UK because of the sheer number of international fans at those gigs.

We might even consider having some basic multilingual FAQs at some point. If we are THE reference point for all things Mika, which is what we sometimes like to think, then we need to think global.We could have a little flag symbol that people could click on to get their right language....

I am sure I saw Robi with some FAQs in Italian before, but I couldn't find the link...do we have Spanish etc too?

I wonder who that talented lady is?

Wrong post!

I saw some paparazzo today on Gaga being in london for some radio interview, maybe her he likes her, but he won't tell or his fans will fly to the river to see her too...

Edited by willywonka

You know, I think it is going to be important to have some MULTI-LINGUAL guidelines for M&Gs, especially for Europe/UK because of the sheer number of international fans at those gigs.

We might even consider having some basic multilingual FAQs at some point. If we are THE reference point for all things Mika, which is what we sometimes like to think, then we need to think global.We could have a little flag symbol that people could click on to get their right language....

I am sure I saw Robi with some FAQs in Italian before, but I couldn't find the link...do we have Spanish etc too?

we translated some points of the guideliness actually, in multiple languages, you can read them in the GL.

and the complete translation is almost ready!:thumb_yello:

So very true and it's my hope that every single member of this forum, old or new will read this and take it in to consideration!:thumb_yello:

*goes to check what the faq section has to say about M&G's*

I'm more worried about the fight to get into M&Gs then the hassle to Mika during them, if there's only to be 10 allowed in in a place like London, Paris or Amsterdam. Inside or outside, I don't think the problem is that people don't KNOW how to behave- they just don't do it- so guidelines would be of limited use.

Slightly off the subject, I'm not sure about the "one MFC wristband admits two" idea if it's to be continued- it was different in LA where there were fewer fans wanting them. Why risk giving wristbands to non-members? And it could put the unlucky ones in a postition of having to beg people for their extra ones. I like the MFC guaranteed idea- especially if people are booking flights/ can't get away for two days- but I'd go for "admits one" I think.

that is an excellent idea!

I really think this would be a good thing to get going, not that the MFC arn't respectful, but general guidelines are always a good thing when we are being represented.

as far as people not following them, if they are a MFCer, then the respect of their fellow members should mean something to them, if they don't follow them and they are there, written out, well, I wouldn't want to be looked down upon by this community :fisch:

Edited by Ankmet20

we translated some points of the guideliness actually, in multiple languages, you can read them in the GL.

and the complete translation is almost ready!:thumb_yello:

Can I ask in what languages?:wink2:

I'm more worried about the fight to get into M&Gs then the hassle to Mika during them, if there's only to be 10 allowed in in a place like London, Paris or Amsterdam. Inside or outside, I don't think the problem is that people don't KNOW how to behave- they just don't do it- so guidelines would be of limited use.

Slightly off the subject, I'm not sure about the "one MFC wristband admits two" idea if it's to be continued- it was different in LA where there were fewer fans wanting them. Why risk giving wristbands to non-members? And it could put the unlucky ones in a postition of having to beg people for their extra ones. I like the MFC guaranteed idea- especially if people are booking flights/ can't get away for two days- but I'd go for "admits one" I think.

But the problem is, or has been, even if you have been invited to M&G there have been people behaving badly. Crowding Mika and cut in front of each other, interrupting people right when they were talking to Mika!:thumbdown:

It's embarrassing and disappointing to be in a situation like that, believe me!

So what the girls who were in LA mean, is that we should take the LA M&G as an example of how they should be done in the future and I absolutely agree with that.

And in my opinion a good thing to do is to make it a big deal in this fan club to tell everyone what we expect from them as represents for the MFC!:wink2:

About the booking flights/hotel rooms and not know if you will have a ticket for a show, forget it, I would never do that!

To much money and time to just take a chance!

Wrong post!

I saw some paparazzo today on Gaga being in london for some radio interview, maybe her he likes her, but he won't tell or his fans will fly to the river to see her too...

It WAS lady GaGa. Amazing :roftl:

But the problem is, or has been, even if you have been invited to M&G there have been people behaving badly. Crowding Mika and cut in front of each other, interrupting people right when they were talking to Mika!:thumbdown:

It's embarrassing and disappointing to be in a situation like that, believe me!

So what the girls who were in LA mean, is that we should take the LA M&G as an example of how they should be done in the future and I absolutely agree with that.

And in my opinion a good thing to do is to make it a big deal in this fan club to tell everyone what we expect from them as represents for the MFC!:wink2:

There have been instances in the past, as Sienna said, where once people get in the same room as Mika they all start losing their minds. The problem is that it gets ruthlessly competitive. So many people want that face time with Mika and when they feel someone else could be edging them out of getting that time, out come the fangs and suddenly people get this notion that they must do whatever it takes to get his attention. All it takes is a few people to step out of line, and soon he's being mobbed.

And when that happens no one gets to have a proper conversation with him, people get angry with their fellow MFCers, Mika's management think of us as a bunch of crazy fangurls, and as for Mika, well, I'm not inside his head but I can't imagine it's pleasant for him, either.

I really, really hope everyone has a chance to watch Sariflor's video of the meet and greet, and to get a clear idea of why everything worked so well. If you haven't seen it, here's the link:

So, I ask because I'm genuinely curious. Would you all like us to formally create a list of guidelines about how to act during a meet and greet? To outline exactly what worked so well in LA, and maybe remind us all what didn't work so well in the past? Would such a list be helpful?

But at these places where people lost their minds, were there only 10 of them? The Brixton etc comments I've read sounded like there were more! Obviously I could have been mistaken, but I was thinking that Mika/ management had come up with their own solution.

But at these places where people lost their minds, were there only 10 of them? The Brixton etc comments I've read sounded like there were more! Obviously I could have been mistaken, but I was thinking that Mika/ management had come up with their own solution.

Another example of a good m&g (mostly) was Amsterdam, and there must have easily been over 100 of us there.

So yes, lower numbers make it easier for things to work out, but are imo by no means essential. It's down to laying down rules, and stating in no uncertain terms that if people break them, Mika leaves.

I think that, sadly, based on what I've seen, this is the only way.