TOY BOY - Lyrics Discussion

Suzy

I hope it happens the same for me with Blame it on the girls. I loved what I heard on the music blog, but not at all when he sang it at the secret gig:boxed:

None of us has exactly the same taste even in Mika's music, but I can't imagine fans are not going to like this song. You can tell from the vlog there's going to be a lot more going on on this track than what we heard at the gig.

But even at the gig it was a huge success. He managed to get a room full of people who'd never heard the song before singing along with virtually no coaxing. It was a noticeable contrast to Good Gone Girl where people just sort of politely sat through it.

I think GGG has a lot of potential too but as you can tell in the videos the sound mixing was off and we couldn't get a feel for the song when we couldn't hear the lyrics.

I meant to say as well the videos of the secret gig are nice to have but really it's no substitute for being there when it comes to the sound. The cameras pick up all kinds of background noise and the music gets distorted. Don't judge too harshly based on what you've seen of the secret gig videos.

Ok, something that's been on my mind for a bit and I always forget to post here....

When Mika 'allegedly' said in one of his recent promo sessions (this came from one of the spanish articles I think, but I'm not sure) that Toyboy was about a boy who had a toy and then later on his mother used him for vodoo,etc.. I really can't make any sense of that.

quick reaction to this.....

the Spanish journalist might have mixed up / misunderstood what he actually said ....or Mika also has different stories in his head (In his case I cannot say interpretaion -probably some previous versions :cool:

whatever he truth, he should STOP INTERPRETING IT:sneaky2:

I didn't really get his comments to SITM, either, and I don't think it was directly related to the lyrics, anyway...

None of us has exactly the same taste even in Mika's music, but I can't imagine fans are not going to like this song. You can tell from the vlog there's going to be a lot more going on on this track than what we heard at the gig.

But even at the gig it was a huge success. He managed to get a room full of people who'd never heard the song before singing along with virtually no coaxing. It was a noticeable contrast to Good Gone Girl where people just sort of politely sat through it.

I think GGG has a lot of potential too but as you can tell in the videos the sound mixing was off and we couldn't get a feel for the song when we couldn't hear the lyrics.

I meant to say as well the videos of the secret gig are nice to have but really it's no substitute for being there when it comes to the sound. The cameras pick up all kinds of background noise and the music gets distorted. Don't judge too harshly based on what you've seen of the secret gig videos.

Yes and yes!:thumb_yello:

That's why I've only watched the LA gig videos a handful of times, because I want to listen to the songs on the cd with the full arrangements.I´m not losing my hopes regarding BIOTG because I was obsessed with it when I watched the vlog.

I think Mika may have been changing his mind on the lyrics of the new songs right up to the last minute.

I just got an iPhone and realized yesterday that it displays the lyrics when a song is played (provided it's a legally purchased song and the artist has included the lyrics). Sort of like how iTunes displays the album cover.

Well, I was reading the lyrics while listening to Toy Boy and it actually said: "I've a heart of gold and the smartest styles smallest size" as if he had one in there, changed his mind, and forgot to delete the first version (or whoever what in charge of providing the lyrics forgot to make the edit).

Weird! I know we've been unsure which one it was - and now there are official lyrics on MS - but it looks like he was actually debating both.

It also has some written lyrics for Blue Eyes that are blatently not what he's singing.

There was the same problem with lots of LICM songs unfortunately. :boxed:

Well, I was reading the lyrics while listening to Toy Boy and it actually said: "I've a heart of gold and the smartest styles smallest size" as if he had one in there, changed his mind, and forgot to delete the first version (or whoever what in charge of providing the lyrics forgot to make the edit).

No those lyrics have just been lifted from somewhere, via MFC. :roftl:

They are not embedded in the real tracks I'm sure.

Hmmm.. I'm pretty sure it's the copy I downloaded straight from their link. You're thinking iPhone tracks down lyrics elsewhere and matches it with the song you're playing? It doesn't happen with any other songs I have on there...

There is no legal download of Toy Boy. It hasn't been released yet. :wink2:

Hmmm.. I'm pretty sure it's the copy I downloaded straight from their link. You're thinking iPhone tracks down lyrics elsewhere and matches it with the song you're playing? It doesn't happen with any other songs I have on there...

You may want to double check those links that you use :lmao::crybaby:

Edited by sariflor
stupid smiley didn't come up ;o)

I can't wait to see the actual official lyrics. This is all being a bit confusing for me when there are different interpretations to how the lyrics are.:naughty:

The official lyrics are on Mikasounds.

I'll update the front page of this thread. :thumb_yello:

The official lyrics are on Mikasounds.

I'll update the front page of this thread. :thumb_yello:

Forgot about that:doh:

Even with all those mispellings?:shocked:

To be honest I was focusing on them and I didn't notice the whole lyrics structure at all:teehee:

Forgot about that:doh:

Even with all those mispellings?:shocked:

To be honest I was focusing on them and I didn't notice the whole lyrics structure at all:teehee:

I don't see any spelling mistakes. Just bad punctuation. :naughty:

I don't see any spelling mistakes. Just bad punctuation. :naughty:

You always make me look/sound like a fool:naughty::doh: You're right anyways! I know I'm critical when it comes to this and I shouldn't, because as I'm not a native I make mistakes at writing/speaking too, but I just can't see how people can make the your/you're mistake:aah:

I shouldn't be saying a thing.. I write "wold" instead of "would" a lot:roftl:

I officially know by heart the non official lyrics to this song now. :mf_rosetinted: lalalalalal... :yay:

after having played and sang along with the song a countless # of times in the car yesterday (and every day, mostly on the way to work): it's a luck people cannot HEAR me sing in fact.. I haven't exactly got mika's voice.. :roftl:

There is no legal download of Toy Boy. It hasn't been released yet. :wink2:

and actually Songs of sorrows are not on sale in Itunes.

For what i know, Itunes dont put lyrics on the songs purchased.

The costumer who purchase a song can put the lyrics (with a cut copy operation) on the properties of the file (in the text section) and then the lyrics appear during the hearing, if you click three the central button of the Ipod.

Anyway it is quite odd that if you put on Itunes the Songs of sorrow, officially purchased on Msounds, Itunes does not recognize the cover.

I officially know by heart the non official lyrics to this song now. :mf_rosetinted: lalalalalal... :yay:

after having played and sang along with the song a countless # of times in the car yesterday (and every day, mostly on the way to work): it's a luck people cannot HEAR me sing in fact.. I haven't exactly got mika's voice.. :roftl:

I've been playing it on my piano, transposed up to G. I sure as hell don't have his voice, but it didn't stop me uploading my cover to Youtube :naughty:

The lyrics are official. They have been posted on Mikasounds.

Anyway it is quite odd that if you put on Itunes the Songs of sorrow, officially purchased on Msounds, Itunes does not recognize the cover.

I guess they didn't embed the information in the track...? :dunno:

• 3 weeks later...
:roftl: So there we were, praising the complexity of the lyrics to Toy Boy compared to (say) Lady Jane, when it turns out that Jodie Marr co-wrote it :wink2:

True. But she is great and they make a brilliant team.