TOY BOY - Lyrics Discussion

Suzy

THIS ONE?

BlueBoy2.jpg

I quite fancy him!

A. Clay, where did you find this picture and who is it of? It's fantastic!

Maybe Mika is just as simple minded as I am because that's all I thought it was about anyway. :naughty:

I learned when I studied English at school that the authors never understood half of what could/would be interpreted from their words, which the author would say made the interpretations invalid.

However, if you dug deeper and leraned about the life and times of the author, you began to understand that waht they write is a product of themeselves, their lives and their times, and their world-view is necessarily reflected in their word. Sometimes they are trying to get a contrary or different view across, but you still need to know what it is different from...

So Mika and Christine can have a simple interpretation, but Mika's writing comes out of him, and he is not simple...

A. Clay, where did you find this picture and who is it of? It's fantastic!...

THIS GENTLEMAN:

BlueBoy1.jpg

MAY BE FOUND HERE:

http://www.alisasinternationaldollart.com/live/collection.shtml

[scroll down to Paul Crees]

ALSO:

http://www.creesandcoedolls.stirsite.com/Paul_Crees_Peter_Coe_Wax_Doll.html

*http://www.creesandcoedolls.stirsite.com/Paul_Crees_Blue_Boy.html*

Edited by A. Clay

If there's a link in your message I'm not finding it, and the picture is not clickable... Can you post the link again please?

But thank you for all of him - he really is special! The face in close-up is more powerful, the body gives context of history.

if there's a link in your message i'm not finding it, and the picture is not clickable... Can you post the link again please?

But thank you for all of him - he really is special! The face in close-up is more powerful, the body gives context of history.

So, you fancy him as well?

Well, there are 5 of him somewhere!

BlueBoy2.jpg

*http://www.creesandcoedolls.stirsite.com/Paul_Crees_Blue_Boy.html*

Edited by A. Clay

Oh Toy Boy is just the most awsome song i have ever heard in my whole life!

"If you come a little close, I'm gonna pull your hair!"...

"You'll be there remembering your old toy boy"...

guys i found this on youtube, although I MIGHT get blocked ... meanwhile ... enjoy :thumb_yello:

That's what i meant last night...:wink2::naughty:

Edited by FREDDIESDOUBLE

Lyrics from MS:

TOY BOY

I’m a wind up toy

in an up-down world

if you leave me all alone

ill make a mess for sure

I’ve a heart of gold

in the smallest size

leave me in the dark

you never hear me cry

PRECHORUS 1:

more than an illustration

points of articulation

come to life on a brass spring

such a wonderful plaything

VERSE 2:

its a cruel cross

that I have to bear

if you come a little close

I’m going to pull your hair

more than just a toy

in a patched blue suit

when you hold me in your arms

I’m just a boy like you

but your momma thought

there was something wrong

didn’t want you sleeping

with a boy too long

its a serious thing

in a grown-up world

maybe you’d be better

with a Barbie girl

PRECHORUS 2

you knew that

I adored ya

but you left me in georgia

toys are not sentimental;

how could i be for rental?

VERSE 3

she’s the meanest hag

that has ever been

pulled out my insides

with an old safety pin

i’m the sorest sight

now i feel like trash

clothes are made of rags

and they don’t even match

so she dressed me up

as the man she loved

and threw me in a box

when she had had enough

now the light of day

I no longer see

she stuck her voodoo pins

where my eyes used to be

PRECHORUS 3

accidentally tragic

victim of her black magic

had a boy once who loved me

now he’s so afraid of me

VERSE 4

on a long lost day

when you’re grey and old

you’ll be there remembering

your old toy boy

when your only son’s

wondering what to be

tell him the story of

a boy like me

oooooo

oooooooo

Thanks heaps! Not sure about 'fancy' except in the stand back and admire sense, because that face does not look cuddly! I'm off the check the links!

Ok, something that's been on my mind for a bit and I always forget to post here....

When Mika 'allegedly' said in one of his recent promo sessions (this came from one of the spanish articles I think, but I'm not sure) that Toyboy was about a boy who had a toy and then later on his mother used him for vodoo,etc.. I really can't make any sense of that.

I explain.

He says in the song 'but you left me in Georgia' ,then that TB was for rental, and then later on the woman (the supposed mum) has the toy again. How on earth would that work? If he's a child he would move from Georgia to wherever with his family, so it makes no sense that he leaves the toy behind and then his mother has the toy later on.

Bottomline: the story about the mother makes no sense. It's definitely not his mother.

Ok, something that's been on my mind for a bit and I always forget to post here....

When Mika 'allegedly' said in one of his recent promo sessions (this came from one of the spanish articles I think, but I'm not sure) that Toyboy was about a boy who had a toy and then later on his mother used him for vodoo,etc.. I really can't make any sense of that.

I explain.

He says in the song 'but you left me in Georgia' ,then that TB was for rental, and then later on the woman (the supposed mum) has the toy again. How on earth would that work? If he's a child he would move from Georgia to wherever with his family, so it makes no sense that he leaves the toy behind and then his mother has the toy later on.

Bottomline: the story about the mother makes no sense. It's definitely not his mother.

Well - this is just conjecture - but in the same interview Mika said that the mother used TB as a voodoo doll to get back at the man who had left her. Suppose the boy went with his father and didn't stay with the mother? And left TB behind.

:mf_rosetinted: Or of course Mika just didn't think through his "explanation" for the press.

Ok, when one's wrong, one's to apologise: MIKA SORRY, I LOVE YOUR SONG'S LYRICS NOW AND I LOVE THE SONG ALL TOGETHER. MUCH. :mf_rosetinted:

thanks to whom posted the "official" lyrics. I cannot wait to hear it in the definitive version. :wub2:

:wub2::teehee:

Well - this is just conjecture - but in the same interview Mika said that the mother used TB as a voodoo doll to get back at the man who had left her. Suppose the boy went with his father and didn't stay with the mother? And left TB behind.

:mf_rosetinted: Or of course Mika just didn't think through his "explanation" for the press.

well, the way I see it now that we have the official version is that mum's just angry at him for other reasons and the vodoo metaphor serves the purpose.

Ok, when one's wrong, one's to apologise: MIKA SORRY, I LOVE YOUR SONG'S LYRICS NOW AND I LOVE THE SONG ALL TOGETHER. MUCH. :mf_rosetinted:

thanks to whom posted the "official" lyrics. I cannot wait to hear it in the definitive version. :wub2:

Oh, I was wondering what you thought about the songs now that they are on MS because I knew you hadn't liked them before.Glad you like them!:thumb_yello:

I hope it happens the same for me with Blame it on the girls. I loved what I heard on the music blog, but not at all when he sang it at the secret gig:boxed:

Oh, I was wondering what you thought about the songs now that they are on MS because I knew you hadn't liked them before.Glad you like them!:thumb_yello:

I hope it happens the same for me with Blame it on the girls. I loved what I heard on the music blog, but not at all when he sang it at the secret gig:boxed:

oh I meant just TB here. I am working on BOTG (i'd love it actually if it wasn't for the reprise :boxed:).

I don't like GGG and BE at all at the moment. LJ is ok, not my fave but Ican handle it. TB and LA: fannnn-tastic!! :thumb_yello::wub2::teehee:

Awww Avoka!:wub2:

I'm so happy for you, I know you would come around eventually!:biggrin2: