• Blue Eyes
    • None of the brand new ones, I still prefer Rain
    • I can't possibly pick just one!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to choose Blue Eyes because I think it fits me quite well. Actually (with the exception of the 'pill' part) it explains me almost perfectly.

Plus I may be a bit biased cause I spent an entire night trying to figure the lyrics out so I kinda have a connection to the song now.

I really like them all though, Toy Boy was definitely a close one too :thumb_yello:

It's easier to pick the one I like least, which is "Good Gone Girl". It's not that I don't like it, but it's just not stuck in my head like the other 3 are :naughty:

I'd probably like it better if I could sing along to it too, but I have no idea what he's saying in it :lol3:

It's easier to pick the one I like least, which is "Good Gone Girl". It's not that I don't like it, but it's just not stuck in my head like the other 3 are :naughty:

I'd probably like it better if I could sing along to it too, but I have no idea what he's saying in it :lol3:

Check the lyrics thread, we've made some half-decent progress on it. I think we can at least get the gist of what it's about now. :naughty:

can't choose..."None of the brand new ones I'd better pick the unreleased demos of some years ago* " is not an option...& I want to give Mika some additional time before I leave the boat :kaf:

* or HowMuchDoYouLoveMe, kinda lame but had its rythmic potential...{keyboards}

I mean, how can you say such raw material is so good...

Edited by greta

Toyy. Boyy. Driving up to Aucks today with some friends i sung all nine verses over and over until Christy hit me. :naughty:

but i'm seriously in love with that song. i've already gushed about how much i love it everywhere else so i won't start again.

but -surprisingly- my little brother is really into blame it on the girls. he was walking around the house trying to clap and sing it today. but he was saying 'maybe i'm a girl.. maybe i'm a boy.' instead of the alternitave (although i still call it the clap-clap song. its cemented into my brain :lol3:)

So I, being a choosey chooser, had to choose the can't choose choice.

If I really did have any choice of songs for the new album, I would have HMDYLM, Toy Boy and the Clapping song....and I am still open to the new version of Rain.:wub2:

I've been waiting for the poll. I knew there would be one. I love good Gone Girl because I think it could be a huge hit single, but I think Toy Boy will actually be the stand-out song from the album, so I voted for Toy Boy.

But all the new songs are just amazing. I love them all much better than songs other musicians have written! Rain will also be much better now that it's been completed and set to a really good track with the plucked violin. I think the whole album is going to be outstanding and will have something for everyone who loves great music.

I went for Good Gone Girl because I truly believe it's going to be the first single and his biggest hit since Grace Kelly.

However it was very close between that one and Toy Boy, because the latter could well end up being the standout song on the album. Possibly the most 'Marmite' song too as far as critics are concerned :naughty:.

Toyy. Boyy. Driving up to Aucks today with some friends i sung all nine verses over and over until Christy hit me. :naughty:

You mean you know it by heart already?:blink:

but -surprisingly- my little brother is really into blame it on the girls. he was walking around the house trying to clap and sing it today. but he was saying 'maybe i'm a girl.. maybe i'm a boy.' instead of the alternitave (although i still call it the clap-clap song. its cemented into my brain :lol3:)

This is interesting, I think you're brother is on to something, it's definitly growing on me too!:wink2:

I voted for Toy Boy!:wub2:

Aaaah the new songs :wub2: . I was so close to voting for Toy Boy but then I thought that I can't really choose one, because even though TB is my favourite now, I like them all a lot so I really honestly can't pick only one.

All in all the new songs seem to be a lot more advanced than LICM, and I can't wait to hear the full thing. This record is going to be fantastic.