New Live Show!

dcdeb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here we go one last time hopefully. Please feel free not to read this because you're all probably either sick of it or not at all interested.

Mika promo'd Australia in June 2007. At that time he promised to return in the summer with his family *winkwink* etc etc, which I've been told was a clear suggestion of coming back and touring more. It never happened as you all know because we are like broken records about this. Bear with me though.

The {V} Festival tickets went on sale with MIKA written all over ticketmaster and the {V} website. He was promoted as playing in 3 Australian cities. I know it wasn't put on his myspace and advertised here, there and everywhere in an official way, but we're talking about 2007 here and back then there was alot of us who still took Mika news to be 99.9% true 24/7. And that's exactly what we did. We assumed it was legit and any doubt we had was outweighed by the fact that we didn't want to risk not believing it in case it was legit. When I was buying my $140 ticket (which I never got my money back on) I had that horrible feeling it wouldn't happen. But to hope is a fan's prerogative and so we took our chances. Fair enough because you'd all do that too, right? However, on our last day of our first big meet-up we found out he wasn't going to be coming. That's probably why it hurts the most. We had such a wonderful Mika-related weekend, worshipping the ground he walks on, and then *SLAP* - it's all over, rover.

Anyway, as the dates rolled around for when Mika was supposed to be playing the {V} Festival, it become crystal clear that he wasn't "in the studio because he'll be needing the month of April 2008 to work on his upcoming album" as we were told he'd be. We all know he was working on PDP or starting to at that point instead. This is where a mix up with promoters/studio schedule became a deception from Mika in our opinions.

Let's get it straight though: I'm over it. There's no point being angry since I can't change it now. But, I just want to clarify that our tour dramas aren't at all the same as this code business because there aren't hopes of fans (me for one), who have never seen Mika perform, involved in this little minute bungle.

*standing ovation*

I remember being devastated about that... lucky it came at the end of the weekend otherwise it could've ruined it...

Aww Kelz, honestly, I understand your pain. Please remember that this is not a real tour and there's only one date for each country (minus France, I don't see why they should get two). Hopefully when the real tour comes round you'll get your gigs!! I honestly 100% sincerely hope that Australia, New Zealand, Asia and all the other unplayed places get their chance, because you guys really deserve it....sitting here waiting for nearly 3 years an'all

I guess it's a bit much to expect something when he says "theatres all over the world" :dunno::naughty:

Though if he doesn't tour here, I'll steal the petition book back off him and beat the hell out of him with it! :naughty:

I'm kinda thinking it too... I mean for the accoustic tour at least. Otherwise it's a really weird way to do it if people fly in from the other end of the country to attend this one and he then announces one in their own state next week

It's odd... unless the LA gig was considered part of the acoustic tour... :dunno:

O-o... guess what happened... MS is down

A great big "Not surprised at all" coming from me... *gigglesnort*

WTF is the jealousy about this time? We got 7 gigs, they got one and it's with age restriction - think Europe pulled the longer straw on this tour

Well and truly... I'm not quite sure why they couldn't get an all ages place, or just make sure the bar only sells soft drinks... one concert I went to had a bar open, but it was an all ages gig...

Yeah, same .... mine is in mothballs ...

I think I lost mine...

Where do we order them from again? :naughty:

The difference between Los Angeles and New York also means that many of us Canadians can actually make it to this gig!

canada-usa-map2-712217-1.jpg

Yayness!

I'm so glad you get to go!

I'll sell my car and some ovaries and be right there!!!

Jesus, whose ovaries are you planning to sell???

You can sell my right one, it's no real use to me anyways! :naughty:

The left one is staying, I might want to have kids at one stage...

I'm still laughing at your reply!!!!!!

I'm happy for the New Yorker's.

But Mika did his offical tour everywhere else except Australia...and our other surrounding countries.

And while touring he kept playing at venues and cities he's aready played....and everyone else who's never seen him live before just sit around and wait...whilst meanwhile I hear about people getting invited to private party things, and get to see meet him several times etc.

I dunno it just doesn't seem fair to me.......

I started to drift away from this site for a while but came back....only because I'm awaiting his new album like everyone else.

I'll just sit back anyway and see what happens.

*huggles*

But Mika did his offical tour everywhere else except Australia...and our other surrounding countries.

And while touring he kept playing at venues and cities he's aready played....and everyone else who's never seen him live before just sit around and wait...whilst meanwhile I hear about people getting invited to private party things, and get to see meet him several times etc.

I dunno it just doesn't seem fair to me.......

I started to drift away from this site for a while but came back....only because I'm awaiting his new album like everyone else.

I'll just sit back anyway and see what happens.

I won't go into the rest of your post because I think that I've already said a lot about it and it would be repeating myself, but which private parties are you talking about?

There has been nothing like that to my knowledge.

Also, official tour or not, he DID go to Australia in June 07, which is more than some countries got, so really, I think that others could also use that card if you're going to get like that.

As for people getting the chance to see and meet him several times, well, sorry but that is how it is.

If you live somewhere where there are going to be more gigs (and it all happens for economic reasons, let's not kid ourselves, there is obviously more market and profit for him to gig here than in Australia), you will automatically up your chances of seeing him. The more gigs you go to, the more chances you stand to meet him if the situation arises.

Really, it's not that mysterious. Also, last month I travelled from London to LA to see a gig, because it meant a lot tot me.

I'm not a millionaire, far from it. But I went becuase at that time I could make that decision and it was worth it for me, but just to show that if you wait for him to come to your doorstep yes, some places get it more than others, but most of the people who've seen him many times did so because they put the effort in and had the chance.

And of course I know that some people don't have the chance to do these things, due to young age or their situation, but hey, again, this is life, and not to be blamed on the actual person (in this case Mika).

The distance between Los Angeles and New York is even greater than some countries in Europe.

The difference between Los Angeles and New York also means that many of us Canadians can actually make it to this gig!

I love your maps Suzy!! And one of the main reasons that I'd love to go to this gig would be to spend time with all you lovely people :wub2:. I loved meeting them all in Toronto and this would be like a reunion.

I'm coming, i just bought too many tickets There'll be some Finns and a lonely Swede as well... and sariflor of course :naughty:

Ahem, do I detect a note of sarcasm there? Piss taking, anyone? :sneaky2::naughty:

It'll be over 18 due to the opening act. :teehee:

Hmmm...good point. If that is the case, I really hope that he's not going to make a habit of it, or we'll have drama for years.

I'm pretty sure they won't allow any filming at these acoustic gigs. :no:

Hmmmm......Well, I hope they do....Or that we can *cough* somehow get around that, as one does *cough*

Edited by sariflor

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

PLEASE BE A U.S. DATE

:fangurl:

it is HOLLY!!!!!!

We are enquiring about the possibility of admission of under 18s accompanied by a guardian. We'll let you know. :thumb_yello:

And the answer has come back that it's strictly 18 and up.

I think it's more to do with the venue than anything else -- that's the sort

of venue it is.

Sorry for all of you under 18, really I am. :(

DOES ANYONE KNOW if this is a seated venue or not? At this point I'm still on crutches from a stress fracture from like 2 months ago and really, really want to go. I should be off of them sometime between 3-4 weeks but I might still have to use them to walk long distances, but I still can't stand for long periods of time.

I really want to go. :(

DOES ANYONE KNOW if this is a seated venue or not? At this point I'm still on crutches from a stress fracture from like 2 months ago and really, really want to go. I should be off of them sometime between 3-4 weeks but I might still have to use them to walk long distances, but I still can't stand for long periods of time.

On the website it says it can be either, but as a seated venue it would only hold 250 i think, vs 700 as fully standing, so i don't think it's likely to be seated.

EDIT: You could always contact the venue, i'm sure they must have some kind of disabled space or somewhere they could put a chair for you if it is standing.

Edited by Mikafish

And the answer has come back that it's strictly 18 and up.

I think it's more to do with the venue than anything else -- that's the sort

of venue it is.

Sorry for all of you under 18, really I am. :(

Now I find that totally unfair!

I think Mika should have made sure that younger fans could go to, they buy his records too!

And if it's because of the dancer/stripper whoever, maybe he should just drop her, as from what I saw of the LA show, she didn't really add anything to it!

Then younger fans can enjoy the acoustic set too.

It's odd... unless the LA gig was considered part of the acoustic tour... :dunno:

The LA gig was just an out of the blue totally spontaneous thing that Mika decided to throw because he was bored of being in the studio, and the idea just came up, so he decided to do it totally spontaneously.

Therefore, it had nothing to do with the (planned) acoustic tour, and the only reason why it was held in LA is because that is where Mika was at the time.

Well and truly... I'm not quite sure why they couldn't get an all ages place, or just make sure the bar only sells soft drinks... one concert I went to had a bar open, but it was an all ages gig...

I totally agree with that. I know that he's not a kiddies performer, but when there are so few gigs, it really wouldn't hurt to do it at a place that caters for everyone, so the younger ones could go. It would have been nice.

Oh, and as a P.S. to my previous (mega)post, I really don't want anyone to think that I am some cold hearted bitch. I am not. I really do wish that everyone got to see him, many times if they so wished.

It's just that some things are not Mika's fault or even under his control, (as critical as I am of him when I think he deserves it :roftl:) and I find it very unfair to blame it on him. That's all that I'm trying to say.

It became very apparent that what Mika actually wants sometimes doesn't translate into what he does when he told someone in LA that he was doing Dublin, and then the gig was not scheduled. In that regard, schedule wise, I think that we need to cut him some slack.

:bye: photojenic

by reading what it says on http://www.lepoissonrouge.com

it says that the place can accommodate 250 seated or 700 standing.

so we are pretty sure that it is standing... sorry :huglove:

The LA gig was just an out of the blue totally spontaneous thing that Mika decided to throw because he was bored of being in the studio, and the idea just came up, so he decided to do it totally spontaneously.

Therefore, it had nothing to do with the (planned) acoustic tour, and the only reason why it was held in LA is because that is where Mika was at the time.

I totally agree with that. I know that he's not a kiddies performer, but when there are so few gigs, it really wouldn't hurt to do it at a place that caters for everyone, so the younger ones could go. It would have been nice.

Oh, and as a P.S. to my previous (mega)post, I really don't want anyone to think that I am some cold hearted bitch. I am not. I really do wish that everyone got to see him, many times if they so wished.

It's just that some things are not Mika's fault or even under his control, (as critical as I am of him when I think he deserves it :roftl:) and I find it very unfair to blame it on him. That's all that I'm trying to say.

It became very apparent that what Mika actually wants sometimes doesn't translate into what he does when he told someone in LA that he was doing Dublin, and then the gig was not scheduled. In that regard, schedule wise, I think that we need to cut him some slack.

Just want to say I agree with what you've said totally. As fans we area demanding lot, it seems the more Mika and his team give the more we come to expect. They can't please evry fan all of the time. :thumb_yello:

On the website it says it can be either, but as a seated venue it would only hold 250 i think, vs 700 as fully standing, so i don't think it's likely to be seated.

EDIT: You could always contact the venue, i'm sure they must have some kind of disabled space or somewhere they could put a chair for you if it is standing.

:bye: photojenic

by reading what it says on http://www.lepoissonrouge.com

it says that the place can accommodate 250 seated or 700 standing.

so we are pretty sure that it is standing... sorry :huglove:

Thanks. I guess I'll probably have to miss it unless if I hear back from the venue. It was such perfect timing too because that's the week that I graduate photography school and it's a couple days before I have to move so when he goes on tour next I don't know where I'll be working/living. :mf_rosetinted:

I always get the short end of things, hopefully I'll hear back from them. I really want to go!

*standing ovation*

I remember being devastated about that... lucky it came at the end of the weekend otherwise it could've ruined it...

The 12 hour drive home was miserable because of it (though not because of the company).

Though if he doesn't tour here, I'll steal the petition book back off him and beat the hell out of him with it! :naughty :

He might enjoy it.

Jesus, whose ovaries are you planning to sell???

You can sell my right one, it's no real use to me anyways! :naughty:

The left one is staying, I might want to have kids at one stage...

Anyones. Thanks. At this rate I've left Sydney Airport but been evicted without a parachute over the Pacific Ocean. :plane:

Firstly, I love Sariflor and I know she's sweet. I'm not arguing, just expressing some things :naughty:

I won't go into the rest of your post because I think that I've already said a lot about it and it would be repeating myself, but which private parties are you talking about?

Meet and greets. I think if someone didn't know the full story then it could be perceived as a private party with Mika.

Also, official tour or not, he DID go to Australia in June 07, which is more than some countries got, so really, I think that others could also use that card if you're going to get like that.

Yeah he did. But it still sucks for those who haven't seen him yet, or even those who have - yet may have to travel long distances just to see him now. etc etc.. And we know that those who went to the promo were lucky for that opportunity. But as fans it's not too much to ask/hope/wonder if he'll return soon considering we are on a par in so many other ways with Europe/US. Sadly, Mika may no longer be mainstream music though. And that will affect where he plays significantly.

As for people getting the chance to see and meet him several times, well, sorry but that is how it is.

Exactly. Can't be helped. And you don't have to apologise. It's all about circumstances and opportunities. There's always someone who gets the bigger slice of pie, but that doesn't make them greedy. Hopefully one day Mika does something extra special for the people who miss out more. I'm not ashamed to admit I get jealous. But I have to say, if it gets to the point that people have seen Mika 100 times, and me none, then I may be unbearable. :hair:

If you live somewhere where there are going to be more gigs (and it all happens for economic reasons, let's not kid ourselves, there is obviously more market and profit for him to gig here than in Australia), you will automatically up your chances of seeing him. The more gigs you go to, the more chances you stand to meet him if the situation arises.

It's quite difficult for many of us to travel overseas to Mika gigs. Even those on the same continent have trouble f.e. US.. So our obvious option is to wait and save up some money. But I understand how it works. He needs to gain popularity in places that will buy and go see just about anything before places that are difficult to break into, or not influential market-wise, will benefit.

Really, it's not that mysterious. Also, last month I travelled from London to LA to see a gig, because it meant a lot tot me.

I'm not a millionaire, far from it. But I went becuase at that time I could make that decision and it was worth it for me, but just to show that if you wait for him to come to your doorstep yes, some places get it more than others, but most of the people who've seen him many times did so because they put the effort in and had the chance.

Effort. Yes. But I think you had the means in some very fortunate way to do so, but some people just don't have the means no matter how hard they try. It would take alot of sacrificing for me to get to just one overseas gig, and it won't be happening any time in the near future. And yes, chance is the ultimate word here.

And of course I know that some people don't have the chance to do these things, due to young age or their situation, but hey, again, this is life, and not to be blamed on the actual person (in this case Mika).

No ones blaming Mika for where they live. Well, I haven't actually seen anyone blame Mika for that. But, we have to consider that today's announcement raised the hopes of fans all over the world. One Live Show could've been anywhere when you/we think about it. We had our hopes up simply because we'd discussed last week that our option of getting a show would be a one off - in Melbourne or in Sydney. So this could've been for us just as much as it could've been for Japan, or China, or anywhere else in similar circumstances. There's just a few hopes temporarily shattered at the moment. It will pass, and we're all happy (to my knowledge) for those who can go. Let's just chill. I know it's annoying to read jealousy, but it's natural and we've established that in so many other threads before. We need to let people express a little disappointment, and only pull them up when they go to far, as it is only a natural reaction due to our love for Mika and the vagueness in the New Live Show teaser..

Hmmm...good point. If that is the case, I really hope that he's not going to make a habit of it, or we'll have drama for years.

Maybe we can protest with blindfolds. :roftl:

:blink: I'm in no way blaming Mika...I adore Mika....it's only my opinion....I'm sorry for speaking/typing my mind.

Seems your being a bit harsh to me.

Yeah I know that's what life is...and I'm very happy for people who have met Mika......you seem to be making me out as stupid..........

I'm very upset.

I'm also sorry I can't word things the right way.....as I'm a very quiet person in real life.

should I go away again?.

:tears:

I agree about the +18 thing , one date in the USA and many of our younder members cant go , seems short sighted

Freddy, is there way to check if an under 18-yo would be admitted with an over-18yo parent or guardian? Also, whether the "warm up act" is planned to be similar to the free gig in LA?

I agree about the +18 thing , one date in the USA and many of our younder members cant go , seems short sighted

Yeah, I'm hoping it's not the way things will be for this tour. I was looking forward to taking my niece and covering her eyes when necessary. :naughty:

:blink: I'm in no way blaming Mika...I adore Mika....it's only my opinion....I'm sorry for speaking/typing my mind.

Seems your being a bit harsh to me.

Yeah I know that's what life is...and I'm very happy for people who have met Mika......you seem to be making me out as stupid..........

I'm very upset.

I'm also sorry I can't word things the right way.....as I'm a very quiet person in real life.

should I go away again?.

:tears:

Absolutely not. :huglove:

Freddy, is there way to check if an under 18-yo would be admitted with an over-18yo parent or guardian? Also, whether the "warm up act" is planned to be similar to the free gig in LA?

Ive already asked that question and they said no .... that answers the guardian question

I dont quite understand your warm up act thing , feel free to PM (stops you getting lost in a thread)

Ive already asked that question and they said no .... that answers the guardian question

I dont quite understand your warm up act thing , feel free to PM (stops you getting lost in a thread)

Have you already forgotten about titties galore and her bull riding skills?

I truly am sorry for those who won't be able to make it to the ridiculous "strictly 18 or over" New York gig (because they're underage or because it's too far to travel). That does suck majorly.

It also sucks majorly for those countries who have been untoured for a while, or haven't been toured at all yet there are avid fans in these places that continue to twiddle their thumbs and wait. I take my hat off to your patience and understand your upset and annoyance.

I read a post about those who also get to meet Mika several times because Mika goes to places where a lot of people can get to and where it's more popular...

I would like to say that I am a British girl. Out of all the times Mika has played in the UK I have only been twice. I do not have the money to go travelling backwards and forwards across the country OR the globe even though I'd love to have the privilege to. I have been unlucky in meeting Mika as it has not happened. No hello, no hug, no autograph, nothing. Please do not make the misunderstanding in thinking that when Mika does a gig in the UK or whatever that every fan from the MFC goes to every gig. You probably weren't thinking that at all actually, but I have been let down by Mika and his Team as well. You don't need to be in another country to have a sob story...(I don't want this coming across harshly, that's unintended).

I do feel a twinge of envy sometimes when people are like "Oooh I met Mika...AGAIN...he is still a lovely person blah blah blah" because I've not been able to experience what other people have so many times before. I completely understand where you're coming from, I'd love to have the privilege as well.

Please understand you're not alone and that we're not all lucky.

The stripper , love - stop acting naive :mf_rosetinted:

They've told us this gig is for 700 -- so this must be their standing

set-up.