MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

It's got to be the way forward.

yes it's GOT to be the way forward. everyone behaved impeccibally, no one got crushed or hurt, we did seat dancing some of the time, sat in awe at the beauty of his voice and song and music when the song called for it, and we got up and freaked out when the song and atmosphere overtook us. All in all....:thumb_yello: well done guys of the MFC you were all a credit :naughty:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but that has passed here that mika was angry mmmmmmm:blink: :shocked:

how?:boxed:

I do not understand anything:aah:

I thought we set this straight.

As far as I could see, he was NOT angry at the M&G!!!

He saw you, how could he be angry?:mf_rosetinted:

I seem to have this effect on him, that he finds everything hilarious!:naughty:

Edited by RAK1

Oh god. So many pages.

I... Don't really know what to say right now. It still feels like I wasn't there and I can't remember anything:tears: Just basic stuff... Will try and tell everything later, have to settle down for a bit.

Oh god. So many pages.

I... Don't really know what to say right now. It still feels like I wasn't there and I can't remember anything:tears: Just basic stuff... Will try and tell everything later, have to settle down for a bit.

Are you still alive?:shocked:

Are you still alive?:shocked:

Haha I am:roftl:

But all this in one day is a lot to soak in... I've been crying all my way home for no reason:naughty:

And as silly as it may sound I remember most names of the MFCers I met but can't remember the f*cking show. :doh: I feel so frustrated:boxed:

Have you seen me invading the stage, eh?:mf_rosetinted:

I'm heading off for a bit now, have a gig in Lisbon... Geez.

Haha I am:roftl:

But all this in one day is a lot to soak in... I've been crying all my way home for no reason:naughty:

And as silly as it may sound I remember most names of the MFCers I met but can't remember the f*cking show. :doh: I feel so frustrated:boxed:

Have you seen me invading the stage, eh?:mf_rosetinted:

I'm heading off for a bit now, have a gig in Lisbon... Geez.

I have seen the stage invasion, but I only recognised Aurelien and Freddie because well....they were the only men apart from Mika and the band in the crowd of ladies:roftl:

Just poppin in to say that is was the BEST Mika gig iv been too!!! AMAZIN!!!! everything seems to have been said already but i wanted to add how great it was too meet up with everyone, its been too long!!! I can hardly talk and im soooo tired, only just got home i will upload my pics 2mr!!!

And what is that picture on the first post?:blink:

The one with his shoes, you mean?

That was taken yesterday when he was interviewed by R1 (finally!) about the album and EP.

Are you home now then?

After Waiting 3 hours At Brixton to see him! & then gave up :[

Finally That has re-payed as i waited aroundd 30-50 Mins for him.

& got him to sign my Dvd! :]]

You Wouldnt believe how excited i was LOL!:teehee:

Just poppin in to say that is was the BEST Mika gig iv been too!!! AMAZIN!!!! everything seems to have been said already but i wanted to add how great it was too meet up with everyone, its been too long!!! I can hardly talk and im soooo tired, only just got home i will upload my pics 2mr!!!

I missed you and Bexxy last night, I wanted to say goodbye, but couldn't find you.

Wanted to get a pic of us together, but Andy was being evasive. Next gig, we'll do it:wink2:

I missed you and Bexxy last night, I wanted to say goodbye, but couldn't find you.

Wanted to get a pic of us together, but Andy was being evasive. Next gig, we'll do it:wink2:

we where near the back cos we kept stopping talking to everyone LOl and then i got my stuff signed and went cos of the little one! She coped so well thou:biggrin2: Didnt get chance to say goodbye to anyone other then Bexx in the end!!! Can't wait for the next one:wink2:

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR REVIEWS! :wub2:

That's just waht I needed while getting things readys for Paris :wink2:

Seems to have been an amazing gig! Reading through your reviews really put a smile on my face!

Wow, I think Happy Ending and Rain sound really good. Well, Happy Ending compared to normal Happy Ending and Rain compared to Pdp Rain.

Re Stage Invading: Relaxxxxxx! Woahhh guys. :shocked:

A short woman hugged Mika without asking. Definitely a lawsuit waiting to happen. We should probably make a rule that no one is ever allowed within a 4 metre radius of him from now on, you have to throw your cds/sharpies at him to sign, wrapped in bubble wrap, of course.

Mika motioned for Aurelien (I can't spell) to come on stage, if he didn't want a stage invasion he should have said no. If he didn't want that many people on stage he should have told people to stop. And if he didn't want to be touched by strangers then he shouldn't have become a popstar and invite people who are starstruck by him to go crazy with him in a confined space. People weren't crowding or cornering him, he walked directly to the back to go on the piano of his own accord. Yes, there was too many people on stage, but that was Mika's fault. Sorry. He can't expect people who want to go on stage when he's told them they could to decide "no, there's too many people on there, I'll just stay here so it's not crowded" and he could easily have said "that's enough now". Yes, he was pissed off and uncomfortable pushing through the crowd, and by crazy-woman hugging him, but he's the one who let them all on stage so that's his own fault (crazy woman not, but well, she's exempt because I'm sure if she saw him randomly on the street she'd do the exact same and what are you going to do about it? She's obviously inherently crazy :dunno:)

It drives me crazy how everyone always over analyses and tries to regulate everything. If Mika doesn't like stage invasions or thinks they are dangerous or his safety is at risk or he can't afford a lawsuit (ridiculous issue btw), then why does he HAVE stage invasions all the freaking time?

When I watch that video I see everyone having the time of their lives, a dancing crocodile and a kangaroo jumping across the stage, a humorous crazy lady and a slightly awkward/annoyed Mika, of which I don't understand why he is acting like that because he brought it on himself.

Queenstown in New Zealand is famous for bungee jumping... and there's a thing in Auckland where you jump off a building (I saw Zachary Quinto do it when he was there promoting Star Trek)...

SO funny you should mention Queenstown just now, but also completely irrelevant so I'll take it to the Aussie thread :naughty:

I got his autograph but didn't get to speak to him - I had people in front of me so just handed over my ticket to be signed - didn't even really see him

Come to Australia, we probably have less fans at our meet and greets :das: (also less Mikas, but if you time it well, you could get lucky :naughty:)

Oh i forgot about mika ..... haha!

not really much to say , show was great , fab to see him back in action again ... vocals were amazing ... My first stage invasion ... saw him briefly afterwards , but too many tall people in front of me (Fred) for me to give him the petition , but freddie did ! .... he quickly flicked through the petition and moved on and signed our Ep's .... Im sure he'll have a better look in his private time

:biggrin2:

So yeah had a lovely time with all you guys last night, although the night ended on a downer when I cheated death on my way home. Not the best way to end a Mika gig!

Please do elaborate?

yes it's GOT to be the way forward. everyone behaved impeccibally, no one got crushed or hurt, we did seat dancing some of the time, sat in awe at the beauty of his voice and song and music when the song called for it, and we got up and freaked out when the song and atmosphere overtook us. All in all.... well done guys of the MFC you were all a credit

I disagree. I mean, sure, he can have some seated shows in nice venues every now and then, like this, like nice acoustic shows, that's nice. But if he only did seated venues then I would probably not go :naughty: Boring and awkward. I looove being squashed in a sea of people who are equally enjoying the music, jumping/dancing as a group and just ... yes, that's awesome. Sitting in a chair or standing up, while getting weird looks from the people still sitting, and having everyone be able to clearly see your dancing/bopping. Yuck. And like Dazzle, just because you didn't buy tickets the exact second they came out doesn't mean you don't love the music and want to go there to really enjoy it, and it's kind of unfair.

Edited by Oakie Doke

Mika signing things in queue - looks happy to me

IMGP0351.jpg

:lmfao:

Oh but he wasn't signing anything when this photo was taken. :teehee: No wonder he looked happy! :clap: This was my face at the moment: :arf2: Full report tomorrow. :mf_rosetinted: Thanks for the photo!

Haven't read thread yet to know what's been posted .... I have some vids ... :)

Grace Kelly

Am uploading the others - I'll post links when up :wub2:

Lady Jane

Beginning of Stuck In The Middle

Do report later :boing:

Edited by Laurel