MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

Can I just point out that this is the way the stage invasions have gone all along? Mika beckons (or pulls up) one or two people, and the rest go by themselves. Then he just dances around and ends up on top of the piano, which can be seen in the other gig videos during Lollipop.

I guess that what I'm trying to say is that it was just 'business as usual' as far as I have seen, and that the reason why he got on the piano last night was the same reason why he got on the piano all the other nights during the stage invasion. I think that he does it in order to distance himself from the mob and avoid issues (not that these can ever be totally avoided, as we've seen, with people grabbing his leg, but hey)

I was shocked to see some girl stroke his leg while he was on the piano though. :shocked: WTF?

Stroking and running up to him to hug him is totally out of order IMO, but we've already discussed this.

When I went on stage, both in Milan and last night, I made a point of going to the back of the stage and staying away from Mika, because that is what I think is respectful.

I suppose that I will just never understand people who can't show some basic respect and politeness, but that is life. The same applies to the pushy ones in the queue, etc, etc... There are always chancers in life.

On this note, it's also worth mentioning that when we got to our seats at the front I had to tell a few people to go away because they were standing there, perched against the stage, with all their stuff included!!!

I told them that this was a seated venue, everyone had their spot, and they could not just stand there against the stage in front of us as if it was a GA venue, because people were behind them and it wasn't fair. It's utterly unbelievable what some people try to get away with.

Bab also had to tell some people to get out of her seat, as they were happily sitting there when we went in! Of course they looked surprised and when asked to produce their tickets these had totally different seat numbers (duh).

Honestly, I don't get it. Why can people not be normal? Respectful? Polite? Etc, etc... The world would be a better place and I wouldn't spend my life telling people off :roftl:.

That's appalling!!!

I can't believe they thought they would get away with it!

I know Robi and Kata had our end covered, although at one point, one guy and his girlfriend slipped through and stood behind Fortune, Robi nearly went ballistic!

But luckily he was ejected from there pretty quickly.

They wouldn'rt like it if it were done to them, so they shouldn't do it to others.

I can't believe security didn't make them stay in their seats.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good evening everyone :wub2:

Show was fantastic , loved it ! ... and so nice to see all my fellow mfc'ers again ...

ok , so my highlights -

Freddie sending me to an empty bar and Brian May being stood there , and shaking his hand.

Seeing him again an hour later and him saying "oh , hello again :biggrin2:"

(For those who are wondering , Freddie was stood right in front of Brian a bit later after the show , but Brian was bombarded , it got a bit busier and we decided to leave it.....)

Oh i forgot about mika ..... haha!

not really much to say , show was great , fab to see him back in action again ... vocals were amazing ... My first stage invasion :naughty: ... saw him briefly afterwards , but too many tall people in front of me (Fred) for me to give him the petition , but freddie did ! .... he quickly flicked through the petition and moved on and signed our Ep's .... Im sure he'll have a better look in his private time :wink2:

And the text confusion - My battery was about to run out on my phone , I didnt realise when i used "mika seemed in a foul mood" and "petition" in the same sentance it would worry you all , sorry about that :huglove: It was a quick text as my battery was dying .... But what i meant was "mission success , the petition is with mika" and when i mentioned foul mood , it was nothing to do with the petition , he just seemed to want to quickly get down the queue and leave .... I wasnt sure if that had anything to do with what happened in the stage invasion or what , but i kinda guessed that may be why ..... To Me he just seemed a little bit ticked off ... and by the looks of it many other mfc'ers had noticed he didnt look happy with what had happened on stage .... so thats cleared up !

And im sorry to anyone i didnt get to say bye too .... my feet were killing me and i was a bit crippled , i have the biggest blister on my toe ever :naughty: But i think i said hello to almost everyone, So nice to see every single one of you again !!!!!! even if brief :wub2:

I'll upload the vid in a sec of the petition being handed over .... and Rose's random question ! LOL!

Good evening everyone :wub2:

Show was fantastic , loved it ! ... and so nice to see all my fellow mfc'ers again ...

ok , so my highlights -

Freddie sending me to an empty bar and Brian May being stood there , and shaking his hand.

Seeing him again an hour later and him saying "oh , hello again :biggrin2:"

(For those who are wondering , Freddie was stood right in front of Brian a bit later after the show , but Brian was bombarded , it got a bit busier and we decided to leave it.....)

Oh i forgot about mika ..... haha!

not really much to say , show was great , fab to see him back in action again ... vocals were amazing ... My first stage invasion :naughty: ... saw him briefly afterwards , but too many tall people in front of me (Fred) for me to give him the petition , but freddie did ! .... he quickly flicked through the petition and moved on and signed our Ep's .... Im sure he'll have a better look in his private time :wink2:

And the text confusion - My battery was about to run out on my phone , I didnt realise when i used "mika seemed in a foul mood" and "petition" in the same sentance it would worry you all , sorry about that :huglove: It was a quick text as my battery was dying .... But what i meant was "mission success , the petition is with mika" and when i mentioned foul mood , it was nothing to do with the petition , he just seemed to want to quickly get down the queue and leave .... I wasnt sure if that had anything to do with what happened in the stage invasion or what , but i kinda guessed that may be why ..... To Me he just seemed a little bit ticked off ... and by the looks of it many other mfc'ers had noticed he didnt look happy with what had happened on stage .... so thats cleared up !

And im sorry to anyone i didnt get to say bye too .... my feet were killing me and i was a bit crippled , i have the biggest blister on my toe ever :naughty: But i think i said hello to almost everyone, So nice to see every single one of you again !!!!!! even if brief :wub2:

I'll upload the vid in a sec of the petition being handed over .... and Rose's random question ! LOL!

Did I get his face, when he said hello to me?

Great reports everyone! It sounded like quite the crazy night. I would have been thrilled to bump into Brian May (I wonder if he will ever attend a Seattle concert? LOL!)

Mikafish, I'm so glad your evening had a happy ending. What did he mean when he said you're not supposed to have Dodgy Holiday? Haha! I wanted to have him sign my copy last year, but I was afraid it would get damaged in my bag. Maybe I'll risk it next time, just to hear what he says... :naughty:

wow is all i can say to that gig! im still finding bits of glitter :aah:

That gigantic ball was bloody heavy!!

Even though i've never met any of you i recognised so many of you

A few pictures coming soon although they may not be that great cause i was bouncing around lol

:biggrin2:

Great reports everyone! It sounded like quite the crazy night. I would have been thrilled to bump into Brian May (I wonder if he will ever attend a Seattle concert? LOL!)

Mikafish, I'm so glad your evening had a happy ending. What did he mean when he said you're not supposed to have Dodgy Holiday? Haha! I wanted to have him sign my copy last year, but I was afraid it would get damaged in my bag. Maybe I'll risk it next time, just to hear what he says... :naughty:

Think he mst have meant that is was a promo. Sadly didn't get the chance to find out, made me smile tho!

And yes that bloody ball! Knocked my tiara off!!! :sneaky2::roftl:

I'm glad you all had such a great time :wub2: So his whole family was there huh? I always wonder what his brother looks like, his sisters are gorgeous, he is....what about his brother. A well, the mind wonders sometimes :biggrin2:

Have just got home! feel soooo sad it is all over feels like a dream that you want again and again!

In agony but worth every ounce of pain .... just wanna say a few words about last night....

WHAT A FANTASTICLY, AWESOME NIGHT!!!

MIKA IS ASTOUNDING!....Truely Spectacular and I am soooooo happy to have witnessed it !

Haven't had time to read the thread..but hope everyonelse feels kinda deflated too as last night was absofukingloutely

OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!

THANKS MIKA sooooooo much!!!

:pinkbow:

Have just got home! feel soooo sad it is all over feels like a dream that you want again and again!

In agony but worth every ounce of pain .... just wanna say a few words about last night....

WHAT A FANTASTICLY, AWESOME NIGHT!!!

MIKA IS ASTOUNDING!....Truely Spectacular and I am soooooo happy to have witnessed it !

Haven't had time to read the thread..but hope everyonelse feels kinda deflated too as last night was absofukingloutely

OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!

THANKS MIKA sooooooo much!!!

:pinkbow:

So happy you had a blast! Read your facebook status, broken toe?!:shocked: awww, but still you managed to have a great time eh :wub2:

What news of part 2 of the yearbook? Did you or Moa (both) manage to hand it off to him?

Here is the video of mika getting the petition , its right at the very start and then continues to Roses random question :roftl:

Rose , you got his face in for almost everything else APART from your question ! Lol!

I'll have a few pics soon of London and i only have 2 of mika :boxed:

Edited by mikas_gal07

Here is the video of mika getting the petition , its right at the very start and then continues to Roses random question :roftl:

Rose , you got his face in for almost everything else APART from your question ! Lol!

I'll have a few pics soon of London and i only have 2 of mika :boxed:

NOOOOO!!!

I didn't get his face when he said hello!!!:crybaby:

Did anyone else video around FD and me when we did this?

So happy you had a blast! Read your facebook status, broken toe?!:shocked: awww, but still you managed to have a great time eh :wub2:

What news of part 2 of the yearbook? Did you or Moa (both) manage to hand it off to him?

We had a nightmare with where to queue but got there in the end.

Told Yasmine we had it for him and he said 'Part2 heard about this' I asked him to say Thanks to Mel for all of your work sooooooooo I have MIKA saying Thank You to the girl who IMO does the most as far as the yearbook is concerned! :thumb_yello: but we forgot to give him it Moa still had it in her hand so I reached over and gave him it..and he thanked us all very much! :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

Job complete! :teehee:

xxx

Told Yasmine we had it for him and he said 'Part2 heard about this' I asked him to say Thanks to Mel for all of your work sooooooooo I have MIKA saying Thank You to the girl who IMO does the most as far as the yearbook is concerned! :thumb_yello: but we forgot to give him it Moa still had it in her hand so I reached over and gave him it..and he thanked us all very much!

xxx

Three cheers for MELANIE!!! :clap::cheers::clap:

That is so awesome. Haha. Thanks for the info, Daisy! :wink2:

Told Yasmine we had it for him and he said 'Part2 heard about this' I asked him to say Thanks to Mel for all of your work sooooooooo I have MIKA saying Thank You to the girl who IMO does the most as far as the yearbook is concerned! :thumb_yello: but we forgot to give him it Moa still had it in her hand so I reached over and gave him it..and he thanked us all very much! :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

xxx

So he has it :wub2:

awwww, "say thanks to Mel." I can hear it in my head Daisy how cool of you.:roftl:

p.s. was it yasmine who said 'Part2 heard about this' or Mika...I'm a bit confused on that. That's pretty funny if he did, because we literally did this within a week:aah:

So he has it :wub2:

awwww, "say thanks to Mel." I can hear it in my head Daisy how cool of you.:roftl:

p.s. was it yasmine who said 'Part2 heard about this' or Mika...I'm a bit confused on that. That's pretty funny if he did, because we literally did this within a week:aah:

Mika knooowwwsss everything:mf_rosetinted:

I'm glad you all had such a great time :wub2: So his whole family was there huh? I always wonder what his brother looks like, his sisters are gorgeous, he is....what about his brother. A well, the mind wonders sometimes :biggrin2:

*cough*hisbrotherisreallycutenotthatiknoworhadaperfectviewlastyearinamsterdam*cough*:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: he must.:shocked::blush-anim-cl:

Yeah, he's watching us. Heard rumours...puh...he's just as obsessed as we are:mf_rosetinted:

Haven't had a chance to read through any of this yet so just wanted to post my thoughts.

Firstly, I don't like seated Mika gigs at all. I wanted to be standing from the beginning no matter how slow the song is. I was so glad when people finally stood during 'Big girl' but I wanted to scream when they sat down again. Also being Row N at a Mika gig is no fun. I saw how much fun everyone was having at the front and resented the boring people around me. But anyway! Was just lovely to be at a gig to hear those amazing songs with that incredible voice and all the lovely people from here I've met before.

After the gig I was at the front of the massive queue that formed waiting to meet him. We were told no pictures or signings so he would just shake our hand. But I had my EP and a sharpie in my hand so couldn't resist asking him anyway. He said "I really can't" and walked to the next person before running back and signing for me. He then went round the entire queue (with my sharpie) signing for everyone so you all have me to thank for that! :blush-anim-cl:

It did come at a price though. I have lost my poor sharpie forever.

Will link to my pics when I finally upload them but I have a weeks worth of other gigs to upload first!

So yeah had a lovely time with all you guys last night, although the night ended on a downer when I cheated death on my way home. Not the best way to end a Mika gig!