MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW what a wonderful day - what a wonderful gig !

Firstly as we didn't have to spend hours queuing we sat in the stage door cafe for a while (did anyone else have a 'regular' cappuccino? It was more like an eggcup sized drink lol) We were very fortunate to meet the legendary Es Devlin and had a chat before she went back to organising the stage. She is such a nice lady - much respect for her and I felt very... :fangurl: I was gutted that I wasn't in possession of the book at that moment - it would have been great to have her sign it.

Went off to have a bite to eat and not long after arriving back at the venue finally got to meet Deb who was just a lovely and genuine a I knew she would be. Met loads of old and new friends - real feel good atmosphere - what a great bunch the MFC'ers are.:wub2:

It was bliss having seats, but still being able to have a 'bop' too AND having the space to do it without being elbowed in the back !! Had brill seats too - thank you to our 'musical chairs' friend :huglove: So on to the songs...

Loved Lonely Alcoholic, Blue Eyes... well ok, I loved every minute! It amazes me that I still get goosebumps when I hear the old ones though - guess that's a result of not experiencing a live MIKA gig for 16 months, sigh...

MIKA was lapping up all the adoration, and our reward was an absolutely amazingly entertaining evening! Roll on September / Winter (must start saving now!).

Will echo what Kev said about the M&G, and I know I'm a little selfish but would have loved the opportunity to have had a chat with MIKA. Oh well, who knows what the future will bring... Oh, and special thanks to Daz for keeping up entertained before and after the show! (Hope you've recovered from your near death experience x)

Just a few photos - sorry they aren't great. Gave up in the end and just enjoyed the show without worrying about getting the 'right' shot! Enjoy...

sadlerswells001.jpg

sadlerswells002.jpg

"How much more chewing gum have I gotta chew?!"

sadlerswells003.jpg

sadlerswells004.jpg

Edited by Blue Eyes
Changed my mind - now loving Lady jane LOL

Glad you had a great time! And welcome to MFC!!!

I wish relax worked for me.. am I the only one it's not working for?

It did for me,I was bouncing at the end.

Texted Caz, to clear up the confusion.

What she meant was, he was in a foul mood going off stage after the stage invasion. Obviously not happy about what happened.

When he got to the M&G, he had calmed down and was fine.

What she meant was, he was in a foul mood going off stage after the stage invasion. Obviously not happy about what happened.

Thanks Rose. We'd heard just a few moments ago ourselves!

Jules, great to see all your pictures, thanks for sharing!!

Found this thanks to Twitter:

_45891907_mika_466.jpg

With his Louboutins.

Full report here (I wonder if this is actually new, hard to find the date, and it doesn't mention the show, although it has a picture....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_8091000/8091260.stm

Edited by Blue Sky

_45891907_mika_466.jpg

With his Louboutins.

Full report here (I wonder if this is actually new, hard to find the date, and it doesn't mention the show, although it has a picture....

someone likes his shoes :fisch:

thanks for keeping the front post updated bs. :thumb_yello:

The person who hugged Mika onstage has written a blog:

http://www.allaboutyou.com/social/outthereblog?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&userId=c0721d96-c010-42f2-90f3-f1e6f845be0c&plckPostId=Blog%3ac0721d96-c010-42f2-90f3-f1e6f845be0cPost%3a6d65dd0b-5295-4004-89c1-34be9b518776&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

She ends with:

I will send this review along to Mika's website and I hope Mika gets to read this... Mika, I'm sorry if I gave you a bit of shock last night (gave myself one to be honest).

No Teegs you are right, she has done something to that Relax video.

I will adjust the links on the front page.

Okay, I thought it might've been me...

So we heard... seems she ran out of batteries and couldn't explain that... can't wait for the vid!

http://www.allaboutyou.com/social/outthereblog?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&userId=c0721d96-c010-42f2-90f3-f1e6f845be0c&plckPostId=Blog%3ac0721d96-c010-42f2-90f3-f1e6f845be0cPost%3a6d65dd0b-5295-4004-89c1-34be9b518776&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

She ends with:

I will send this review along to Mika's website and I hope Mika gets to read this... Mika, I'm sorry if I gave you a bit of shock last night (gave myself one to be honest).

All nice and stuff, but I still don't get why you would do that? Maybe she got carried away in the moment, that's possible but seriously....

I went to see Mika at Sadler's Wells theatre last night - and at the end he was pulling folk up on the stage to dance. I loaded my kids (11 and 13) up onto the stage, scrambled up myself, danced over to Mika and gave him a huge hug, whispering in his ear, 'It's so nice to meet you!'.

It seems a bit impulsive though and she should have relativated the situation a bit more to come to the conclusion that during the show it's not a good idea to put him in a corner and start hugging him. I'd freak out if I were him. But that's just me:roftl:

She ends with:

*cough*

No comment...

All nice and stuff, but I still don't get why you would do that? Maybe she got carried away in the moment, that's possible but seriously....

I went to see Mika at Sadler's Wells theatre last night - and at the end he was pulling folk up on the stage to dance. I loaded my kids (11 and 13) up onto the stage, scrambled up myself, danced over to Mika and gave him a huge hug, whispering in his ear, 'It's so nice to meet you!'.

It seems a bit impulsive though and she should have relativated the situation a bit more to come to the conclusion that during the show it's not a good idea to put him in a corner and start hugging him. I'd freak out if I were him. But that's just me:roftl:

I certainly wouldn't like some random person coming up and hugging me... I don't even like my sister grabbing my leg when she gets excitable... and we're related!

If it were a really attractive man (ie, Mika) then I think I could get over it :blush-anim-cl:...

Jules, great to see all your pictures, thanks for sharing!!

Found this thanks to Twitter:

_45891907_mika_466.jpg

With his Louboutins.

Thanks for sharing this one :thumb_yello: Loved it!

I certainly wouldn't like some random person coming up and hugging me... I don't even like my sister grabbing my leg when she gets excitable... and we're related!

If it were a really attractive man (ie, Mika) then I think I could get over it :blush-anim-cl:...

Yeah but come on, you wouldn't like a 45 year old to run to you, and moan in your ear about how it's nice to meet you. See, if Mika initiated the hug it would have been different.

If I was on that stage I'd ass whooped her out of the way:mf_rosetinted:

Thanks for reporting, glad you had a great time!!

Brian May offered you a drink!!! o m f g

Yes he did!:mf_lustslow: After the support I went quickly to the loo. On the way back I noticed Brian May standing in the hall with a few people. I came up to him - he's always been my idol - and just said: 'Oh myGod! Brian May! How great to see you here!':mf_lustslow: I told him my name and that I've always been a fan and I asked if I could take a photo with him. He said that he wouldn't like to attract attention but was sooo nice. I said: 'Of course i respect that. I always wanted to shake your hand and I did that!' And he was like.... sorry for the photo again.... and said: 'But maybe I can buy you a drink instead?' - he was drinking beer himself. :mf_lustslow::roftl: I said: 'Beer, Brian May and Mika in one place - too dangerous for me':naughty: I thanked him again and we shook hands for the second time and I went to my seat, not believing what just happened:aah:

939753a.jpg939753g.jpg939753o.jpg

Thanks to Nono, great FBeyeing today!!

:roftl:I don't think Nono captured anything except the link...and thanks Nono, it seems the usual London resources are all busy with Beyonce and the Tony Awards...a Mika show doesn't rate a mention.:aah:

Bab I am sorry to hear you didn't even get a hello.

Who cares... The pictures are brilliant and capturing any link is beyond my expertise, so I am mightily impressed :bow: . Actually more impressed than if she had taken them herself :naughty: .

Marie-Therese

Wait, before we load up the catapult, are we SURE it was her that cornered Mika?? Isn't it possible that because so many people got up on the stage that several others managed a quick hug as well???

Just a saying..

A few things I forgot to mention last night.

The amazing tri-coned sparkly silver hats the entire orchestra was wearing, very PSBs!

The bit before LT, were Mika, Dan and Alexander were pretending to being in a windstorm, brilliant! The umbrella even blew inside out!

How awesome Cherisse STILL is on the drums, probably the low point of my night, not getting to chat to her, Martin and Andy. And not not getting to meet Dan. I hope he's permanent, he's great!

Mika wearing the blue shoes last night, I love 'em!

Getting some eye contact from the stage, I thought I read somewhere, at other shows he just seemed to be looking upwards. Not last night, the whole front row got plenty of eye contact!