MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

Neiobi what a beautiful pic your mum took, its one of the nicest iv seen:biggrin2:

Hehe thanks! :biggrin2:

Tia - it was lovely to meet you and your sweet daughter (hope we didn't scare her too much?!).

Yep balloon got back all safe and sound - and the recepient LOVED it !

Was lovely to meet you too Neiobi - your 'frock' was gorgeous. And *waves* to Tauruslady n Shaza! - glad we found each other lol !!

Deb - it was an absolute delight and a pleasure to meet you - and Kev said he's glad to have been of service :wink2: You made a list of MFC'ers names - that is so me :roftl:

The lovely lady between us was Bettasan !

Thanks everyone for the wonderful reports / videos / photos. Liliana - your photos are AWESOME - thank you for sharing!

Hehe thanks! Loved meeting you too:biggrin2: And your hubby was so nice aswell!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK ... Where to start with this report :wub2:

Was absolutely lovely to spend the morning with some fellow Oldlings (Kath, Abby, Rose, Silver, Monie and Shady) this London trip wouldn't have been the same without you - had a lovely meal in a restaurant called The Worship ... apt name me thinks - not that we worship Meeks ... or at least Abby doesn't :wink2: Or does she secretly ... Kath ... you'll have to get back to me on that one :biggrin2:

Was lovely to meet Jemma, Carlota and her Mum - sorry I wasn't that talkative but I think the nerves were starting to play up by that time ... :aah:

Sadler's Wells .... actually the first MFC'er I saw when I got there was Cazgirl .... who was stood outside with some people .... I knew it was her and wanted to say hi ... but I wimped out .... :sneaky2: Went in and instantly bought the EP book - even though I'd pre-ordered it ... and I told myself that I was not going to do that .... Eventually you couldn't move for people in that foyer .... nerves finally decided to go - or I decided to ignore them and talk to people anyway .... I think I pretty much said hi to most people .... that is If I recognised them - said hello to Cazgirl just as we were let into the stalls area .... made my way to my seat ..... extremely happy with seat ... was behind Freddie and Caz .... who were the only two I didn't say hi to in the foyer - so rectified that ....

Nectar ..... really really nice to meet you finally and really hope you enjoyed your first Mika gig ... though of course I didn't see you enjoying yourself too much did I .... nope .... just some clapping and lots of Bravo's :wink2:

You forgot me :crybaby:

You forgot me :crybaby:

:shocked: Do you know why ... cos' I erased my original post of our meeting up in the hotel room ... cos' when you walked in ... I was looking for Shady cos' I thought you were Monie .... you looked amazing girl ..... cos' all I saw was the dark hair .... and until you spoke and I heard that broad Scottish accent :wink2:

I wrote a whole speel about how fantastic you looked and alot more detail about our inane natterings in hotel and restaurant ... but then decided noone would want to read all that and wiped it :aah:

I am so so sorry :huglove: and you did look amazing .... :wub2:

No problem! Wish I could have helped more. Love your photos btw!

They are fantastic! Thank you!

You were a good help!:thumb_yello: So sweet trying to help me! I was feeling so shy when I talked to you!:teehee: And you were very sweet with me!:wub2:

Thanks! I'm glad you like the photos!

You were at SW .... why didn't I see you .... :aah: Lovely pics

Didn't see you either Marina:sad:

Lovely pics though!

marina wrote they were taken by her sister....HER SISTER???

mari, i didn't know!:blink:

You're welcome!

Unfortunately I wasn't there, I would have loved to come, I had bought the tix for my sister and me (she lives in London), but as I was going to Milan I realized 2 gigs in a row would have been too tiring for me, so had to give up and she went with a friend of hers.

They enjoyed the show a lot of course!

Really hope I'll be able to go to a London gig during next tour :wub2:

Do you know why ... cos' I erased my original post of our meeting up in the hotel room ... cos' when you walked in ... I was looking for Shady cos' I thought you were Monie .... you looked amazing girl ..... cos' all I saw was the dark hair .... and until you spoke and I heard that broad Scottish accent :wink2:

I wrote a whole speel about how fantastic you looked and alot more detail about our inane natterings in hotel and restaurant ... but then decided noone would want to read all that and wiped it :aah:

I am so so sorry :huglove: and you did look amazing .... :wub2:

aww Laurel:wub2:

Thanks honey ..... don't worry i was only joking:wink2:

broad accent!!:teehee:

Nah, I would probably look even more like a tw*t if I was seen in the picture! :roftl: Seriously, my face was like this smiley: :arf2: And Mika's face was this one: :yikes: And then the same as mine: :arf2:

thanks that so makes me feel better lmfao:roftl:

I really enjoyed Mika's show was the best havent felt soo alive even my support worker Hayliey was suprised as I normally even though I hyper sometimes I quite calm most time she never seen me dance or singing top my voice before was dancing like a mad girl support worker was laughing as the 2 older lads next to me kept eyeing me up hayliey gets abit protective cos I abit younger for my age abit cos my mild learning thing thought my older brother Barry 29 was a pain being protective when comes to men but she was a pain abit a man on her sitting on her side was lovely when she went loo he chatted to me had lovely smilie he was from new york and his first time seen Mika but loved his songs for a long time too cant wait for Mika have another tour hope it soon as my second show but now I hooked love his live shows he soo funny and very handsome too

Part 2- Gig (Yadda yadda description of the whole thing)

I’ll describe everything in order because there’s no other way to do it for me.

So these two lovely girls came on stage. Their songs were quite nice, and one of them had a beautiful voice. Ocasionally a guy would join in to do the drums. I enjoyed their performance, even with some technical glitches now and then. Their music sounded mostly all the same but it had some interesting instruments on it, like the xylophone and a weird one that one of them was holing on her lap, plucking the strings, it was called a Kalimba(thanks Biekje). Kinda made me remember of the celeste. They finished their act, and we waited a while for Mika to come. In the interval, I met Soaring Simpson, and CharlotteChristy told me Brian May was at the foyer. I saw Cazzie and Freddie going there, and in a way I wanted to meet the man, but I didn’t want to get on his business. xD So I just sat there, waiting impatiently while some guys removed Blue Rose’s gears from the stage. Popular songs played on the columns as we waited, including even Elvis Presley I think! Anyway, I’ll go straight to the more interesting part. The curtain that separated the tiny bit of the stage from the rest where I thought Mika’s set would be lift up a bit and it was put down again.

---

It was so exciting to have that glimpse of the actual stage! I could see the grand piano and glitter allover it, aswell as Cherisse’s drums. Once in a while, people would start clapping and then they’d stop. Some would yell his name, others would just scream. When the music start, everyone went loco. They got the first thick curtain up, and only a net was covering all of the people on stage. You could see the shapes of Mika, the orchestra, and Cherisse. Couldn’t see Martin or Dan because the piano was covering them xD He started to play the first chords of Grace Kelly and the whole crowd started to cheer. It all felt so surreal for me! He was right there, sitting on the piano, playing the songs that I’ve been adoring for so many time now…

Cherisse was looking absolutely beautiful as always, Eda(don’t know how to spell her name xD) was looking pretty good too, and she had a really good presence, Alexander was someone quite interesting to watch, clapping, stomping his foot… But he never smiled! The orchestra didn’t play at Grace Kelly.They looked great with those pointy hats. It was a good start off point, to energize the crowd. Everyone was clapping and singing/yelling/whispering the lyrics. He made funny stops and we’d all be surprised.

Next was Lady Jane. It’s so so beautiful live. I always liked it so had no reason of complaints. The violins and cellos sounded amazing following the song, and Eda and Alexander’s vocals along with the guitars made it even more stunning. Listening to his voice in total silence was just mind blowing to me. And the feeling he’d put into singing it… Wow. The microphone would have some problems now and then, but it finally got fixed. When the choir comes in, it actually feels like you’re just down there below the water, at least to me. I must be the only one who loves this song that much xD

Stuck In The Middle came on. He first did some jazzy chords in the piano so I didn’t really recognize it at first. It was a great song to perform live, as always. To me he’s almost spanking the piano in that song. I looked around me and everyone was seating. I couldn’t believe that! I did stand up now and then but as I saw no reaction around me I would limit myself to sit again:naughty: Was a bit frustrated by not getting any eye contact, but I wasn’t expecting any!He’d turn his head around to the right side sometimes, but never staying there. The band made a bit of funny noises with the zubababa dabadubaba etc and we always repeated that part as usual. It’s a great song for interaction with the crowd.

Moving on… He then said the next song was from the new EP and… It was called “Lonely Alcoholic”. Everyone was quite pleased to know he did it! It’s a song that I think isn’t really that good, but it did sound better with a arrangement with the orchestra and the guitars. I’d like him to play the song on the piano for once though:aah: He sang it with feeling as always, but it sometimes felt like the song itself was a funny shout out. Blue Eyes came afterwards, it’s such a great song to feel relaxed and happy. Everyone was clapping and most were singing along wich was really really nice to hear.He made a tiny mistake at the piano and giggled… That was adorable :fangurl: Toy Boy followed. A huge wodden Toy Boy ascended the stage, and all these funny random intriguing noises were played while he started to play the celeste. He messed up the first part of the intro, then carried on. The violins would occasionally pop in doing a creaky sound. His expressions while singing this song.. It’s priceless. The orchestra would fully play in some verses and make the song sound even more amazing. I love how he picked his clothes on the “clothes are made of rags and they don’t even match” part. He played that Mozart song in the end but everyone started clapping so you couldn’t hear it fully. Toy Boy is one of the best songs to be performed live. I think it just has so many feeling onto it and a twisted sense of humour that makes it memorable to be seen performed. He said that certain Toy Boy belong to one of his friends called Billy, and I see everyone saw what was coming. Oh good old Billy Brown! Everyone was waving their hands around and clapping… Love the story teller he becomes while singing it and introduces his kind of view onto the background he created. You could see the band was all in such connection with each other and you could see each one of them was having fun and in sintony. Good Gone Girl sounded like a different song at first, a bit gloomy. I think it’s a good song, but don’t like how the lyrics are all a bit rushed. It will be a hit though! It was another song that got everyone fired up, and Cherisse’s drumming contributed a lot to it. Dan is a very good singer aswell  Over My Shoulder followed… God that song has so much feeling put onto it and sadness and it’s amazingly beautiful to me. When Alexander’s voice came in, it was just so overwhelming for my ears to hear that. It was like a beautiful cry, I dunno… That man has a unique voice. My mom was surprised to hear it coming out from him! You could see sweatdrops falling from Mika’s head, and to hear him sing that song and as I mentioned a lot with the violings make it even better… You can notice even more the mind blowing voice he has. I’m not saying he’s god or anything to make each song perfect, but damn this is so good. The song actually sounded sadder and more melancholic with lower keys being played by him. I was almost crying when Alexander’s voice was connected with Mika’s and a violin was following them aswell as the piano… I feel so grateful for him playing this song again, I’ve never heard it live. It was a lovely gesture of the front row to throw roses and flowers onto the stage. What did put me off a bit was that Big Girl, such a bouncy song came afterwards that. It’s just jumping to another world all of a sudden and not be able to appreciate the other one for a bit more. But it was nice aswell. Silver confetti started coming off of those tube things at the sides of the stage, and I even thought it was Lollipop already! Mika held a umbrella and with some members they simulated a snow/rain/confetti storm, wich was quite good and funny! I loved the dance that him and Dan made. What can I say about this song… I just got on my feet and jumped all the way trough it, I love to hear it live. He was quite playful on stage, sitting on the piano, then a bit after he played the piano in the place of Alexander… It’s just the usual crazyness. Really really great for interaction between him and the crowd. I could see one of the violinists clapping and singing along. Freddie was mad, picking up the confetti and throwing it on the air:roftl:

Another great song came after. Love Today. Everyone was singing it, yelling, clapping, dancing… I was about to get on my seat when I heard the first notes on the piano. Absolutely gave up on being still because it’s just impossible! He finally came to my side and was jumping around like usual gigs.. I thought that part would never come! One of the violinists, an older man, seating on the right was always looking puzzled by what was happening around him:aah:

He made a joke about the amount of confetti on stage, saying he had to have a lot of chewing gum to have that there. A beautiful creation by Es Devlin. Dunno what he said afterwards but he said “Shouldn’t have said that.” Made a pause and then he was giggling and saying “Sing, you f*cking idiot, sing…” I love how he insults himself :naughty:

He started playing it on the piano and you could see the look on his face when he noticed everyone knew the clapping part. It’s a really good song, I dunno why, it has that Mario soundtrack like feeling to me. It always sounds like he’s telling a story when he does it. The backing of Dan and Martin make it sound even better. Loved singing the chorus over and over and over:bleh: I like how he makes the fans sing and feel so into the music.

(Continues)

He then stood on the piano playing the dustbin, and the rest of the band was doing it too. Some guys threw this huuuuuuge inflatable silver ball thing onto the crowd, and the insane feeling of the song was already there. Balloons allover the place, everyone clapping, jumping… He then put on that feathered hat and looked like quite a clown while singing the song:roftl: The huge ball hit the stage and blocked him but was quickly pushed away. Everyone was yelling the lyrics, jumping to the rhythm.. Ah, dunno what to say more! And then I realized. The band bowed. It was Lollipop. We were near to the end. It all went by so quickly! He performed Happy Ending with Eda after. It’s so lovely, on the piano, with the two voices combining and again with the orchestra. It’s a song that I find absolutely utterly beautiful and special to be performed live, and you realize once again what a great voice Mika has. And the little bit of love part is my favourite:wub2: With the violins doing a classical like melody it sounds stunning.

He went off stage then and I thought it was really over. But come on, we deserved some more! It all was too fast. So everyone kept cheering and calling him back so he did and performed Any Other World then gave up, because the violins and the guitars weren’t following and he was on the wrong tune. I’d LOVE to hear it live buuut didn’t happen. He did My Interpretation, a reasonable song live… Don’t like it that much, it gets a bit repetitive aswell.

He then played Rain. It still sounds repetitive to me but much more nicer and wonderful with the new arrangement. I like how this acoustic tour made the songs sound a bit more classical aswell. Great song to sing along.

They all went off again, and came back after the crowd demanded, to perform Relax. It’s SO beautiful live and played acoustically. Really chilled. He then sang the intro of the version we all know, and it turned really all disco and everyone was jumping around all of a sudden. Great turning point! I don’t know how and don’t care, but Aurelien and Sariflor got on stage as most of you know. Dunno if he wanted that many people there, but without thinking twice, I found myself on stage, jumping around. Saw everyone else following around and I just limited to be on my own jumping.:roftl: Couldn’t really see him, problem with being short! When I saw people going around them I backed off even more,didn’t want to be part of that. Saw the woman hugging him,and people running into him and him leaving. Aaah I just couldn’t believe it was all over. I never felt like I was present there the whole time. It was all like a lucid dream or something… Really loved the ending though. Got out of the stage, with the help of my mom of course, orelse I’d fall right on my face :roftl: And went out of the room to head to the foyer, see if there was going to be anything afterwards. So I waited and waited to know if there was going to have a M&G afterall, took group pictures, spoke to people, saw Fortuné…God, he’s so alike his brother! Monie we have to form that fan club afterall. I wanted to say something to him but would I say? It’d just be plain silly… When I saw MFCers heading round the building I went to go to the qeue and wait for Mika to come out.

Part 3 will follow.

Geez, sorry guys... I dunno if anyone will read this anyway but it was a looot that happened for me that day:naughty:

Edited by Neiobi

(Continues)

He then stood on the piano playing the dustbin, and the rest of the band was doing it too. Some guys threw this huuuuuuge inflatable silver ball thing onto the crowd, and the insane feeling of the song was already there. Balloons allover the place, everyone clapping, jumping… He then put on that feathered hat and looked like quite a clown while singing the song:roftl: The huge ball hit the stage and blocked him but was quickly pushed away. Everyone was yelling the lyrics, jumping to the rhythm.. Ah, dunno what to say more! And then I realized. The band bowed. It was Lollipop. We were near to the end. It all went by so quickly! He performed Happy Ending with Eda after. It’s so lovely, on the piano, with the two voices combining and again with the orchestra. It’s a song that I find absolutely utterly beautiful and special to be performed live, and you realize once again what a great voice Mika has. And the little bit of love part is my favourite:wub2: With the violins doing a classical like melody it sounds stunning.

He went off stage then and I thought it was really over. But come on, we deserved some more! It all was too fast. So everyone kept cheering and calling him back so he did and performed Any Other World then gave up, because the violins and the guitars weren’t following and he was on the wrong tune. I’d LOVE to hear it live buuut didn’t happen. He did My Interpretation, a reasonable song live… Don’t like it that much, it gets a bit repetitive aswell.

He then played Rain. It still sounds repetitive to me but much more nicer and wonderful with the new arrangement. I like how this acoustic tour made the songs sound a bit more classical aswell. Great song to sing along.

They all went off again, and came back after the crowd demanded, to perform Relax. It’s SO beautiful live and played acoustically. Really chilled. He then sang the intro of the version we all know, and it turned really all disco and everyone was jumping around all of a sudden. Great turning point! I don’t know how and don’t care, but Aurelien and Sariflor got on stage as most of you know. Dunno if he wanted that many people there, but without thinking twice, I found myself on stage, jumping around. Saw everyone else following around and I just limited to be on my own jumping.:roftl: Couldn’t really see him, problem with being short! When I saw people going around them I backed off even more,didn’t want to be part of that. Saw the woman hugging him,and people running into him and him leaving. Aaah I just couldn’t believe it was all over. I never felt like I was present there the whole time. It was all like a lucid dream or something… Really loved the ending though. Got out of the stage, with the help of my mom of course, orelse I’d fall right on my face :roftl: And went out of the room to head to the foyer, see if there was going to be anything afterwards. So I waited and waited to know if there was going to have a M&G afterall, took group pictures, spoke to people, saw Fortuné…God, he’s so alike his brother! Monie we have to form that fan club afterall. I wanted to say something to him but would I say? It’d just be plain silly… When I saw MFCers heading round the building I went to go to the qeue and wait for Mika to come out.

Part 3 will follow.

Geez, sorry guys... I dunno if anyone will read this anyway but it was a looot that happened for me that day:naughty:

i'm reading! go on missy moo! :huglove: