MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 6: Meet Mini Mika

Mika looked cheerful when he moved down the queue. He didn’t meet everyone, only the people who were on the road side of the queue. Anna and I weren’t exactly there, so we quickly moved further back. It was better to be last in the queue than being somewhere in the middle of the crowd… It wasn’t a queue anymore. Anna met Mika first and he signed her book and said happy birthday I think. I was next to her taking photos. Then Mika said hello to the next person and I felt like being somewhere stuck in the middle, if you get what I mean. Luckily he didn’t seem to be in such a hurry that he wouldn’t notice me at all.

I said hello and he smiled at me and said hello too, looking me in the eyes at the same time. And as we shook hands I told him my name in case he didn’t recognize me. So I didn’t find out if he recognized me but he sure will next time! I presented Mini Mika to him like it was a Grammy award or something. “I’d like to give you this award for your amazing work”, I said. :fangurl: I wish there were enough words to describe the expression on his face at that very moment. I watched his Bambi eyes widening. At first he looked totally shocked! He said loudly something like “Oh my God! Wow, this is amazing!”

He immediately asked me how I had made it, and I said that I customized an old doll. (It wasn’t so “old” actually, but it got a total makeover so it was old to me.) He took a more careful look at the doll and turned the package around. I told him that it was the doll's life story on the package. He was smiling like a little girl at Christmas and he promised to read it later. That made me sure that he would take good care of Mini Mika. I originally wanted to ask him if he knew that I was making this doll, but I forgot. I will ask him next time.

He had moved to the next person when I remembered that I had the EP in my bag. I wouldn’t have “needed” him to sign anything for me anymore, and I surely wasn’t going to drag the EP with me to a gig. But I had bought it since the pre-ordered one hadn’t come yet. So I might as well ask him to sign this one if he had time. I waited until he had signed the other person’s EP and stopped talking to her. I politely asked if he could sign my EP and he agreed to it. He bent over the book that I opened and put his name and something that looked like an ‘X’ on it. He did it so quickly that I almost didn’t have a chance to thank him. He was already moving away from me when I said “Thank you so much!” and he turned to look at me one more time with a smile on his face.

Part 7: On Cloud Nine

I was in Heaven, I really was! I was cold at first, but I was warm when I talked to Mika. You know that feeling, right? You just forget everything else when he looks at you, smiles at you. He seemed genuinely happy about the doll. That wasn’t acting. That was my best meeting with Mika, even though it was probably shorter than my first meeting with him in Stockholm. Brixton was a mess. It’s amazing how Mika makes me speak English so well, and I understand everything he says when he’s in front of me. Some people say that Mika makes them speak badly and forget everything they want to say… But it’s the other way around for me!

It seems like some fans regard him as God. Err, he’s not. He’s just a guy, though a talented guy. But I don’t idolize him, so it’s easy for me to speak to him. You should all try that. I’m so happy that Mika meets his fans gladly. If he wasn’t like that I wouldn’t even want to meet him. There are so many musicians out there whose music I listen to but who I never want to meet!

Back to the story. Anna and I said goodbye to other MFC’ers and took a taxi with Lillibet. The taxi driver thought that we had been seeing Britney Spears. Erm, where have we heard that before? The taxi driver wanted to know when Mika was playing next. I noticed that there was a single dark brown hair between the pages of my book, so we made jokes about it. Was it Mika’s or somebody else’s?

We where at Travelodge before 1 pm, so that bar man was still there. Anna showed him the pictures she had taken of Mika and I showed him Mika’s signature on the book. We checked out at noon the next day and left towards Heathrow. It was a tiring trip back home. We still made jokes about the hair and everything else on the plane. Should we do a DNA test on it? Or stretch it and see if Mika’s hair is in good or bad condition? Nah, I said I was going to throw it away, but Anna wouldn’t believe me. We decided that we wouldn’t go back to London in a while, but we would go somewhere else next time. When we were about to leave the plane a man behind us asked if we had just seen Britney Spears. Eh, third time!

For your information: I did nothing to the hair except threw it away last night after looking at it for the one last time. Thank you, it was a pleasure! The end.

Shock shock Mika! :yikes:

SDC11383.jpg

Photo courtesy of Kasia. :biggrin2:

This picture is utterly HILARIOUS and I just had to quote it. Look at his eyes!! The look on his face!! HAHAHAHA!

Priceless :roftl:.

A 6ft 2 man with my accent with a floating duck in his drink (not sure where that came from) :roftl: is quite an introduction

I am SHOCKED to read this!!:sneaky2::naughty:

may i say it's just the same stare as the doll itself?

marianne, you caught his inner soul! :teehee:

Robertina, I missed you at the gig..:boxed:

I looked for you, but I couldn´t find you..:crybaby:

Robertina, I missed you at the gig..:boxed:

I looked for you, but I couldn´t find you..:crybaby:

my fault...

i did not introduce you to her, sorry...

i did not know that you was searching her...

anyway nice to see you, after 1,5 years since we met :thumb_yello:

This picture is utterly HILARIOUS and I just had to quote it. Look at his eyes!! The look on his face!! HAHAHAHA!

Priceless :roftl:.

may i say it's just the same stare as the doll itself?

marianne, you caught his inner soul! :teehee:

Oh yes! His reaction was so funny! He was actually very happy about it after having recovered from the sudden shock that seeing Mini Mika caused him. :naughty: I was going to ask him if he knew that I was making the doll, but of course I had to forget. It would have been nice to know.

I know I missed so many people at this gig... I saw you Robertina, at the venue, I think so, but there were just too many people there so I missed meeting you.

And I wanted to meet Celine but I didn't get a chance... She was sitting in the front row and I should have jumped over people. :roftl: Oh well, hopefully next time. I did meet loads of MFC'ers though, probably more than I've ever had in one place, so it went pretty well I guess. :teehee:

I probably talked to Andy too much. Blaah, I could have met MFC'ers instead. :biggrin2: But that was my first proper conversation with Andy. Now he knows how crazy I am and will probably try to avoid seeing me next time. Ooops. :teehee:

Anzuzu and I were searching for the MFC flag to sign it, but no one knew where it was at the time so we missed that too. Can we sign the Sadler's Wells part next time?

Edited by Marianne84

Sara did you recorded the all gig?:shocked:

Of course she did .... she's our number one video star :wub2: You always know if she's going to a gig you're gonna have some fabby vids from it ....

:yay: New York :lmfao:

Don't be silly Carlota, you weren't ridiculous at all :roftl:, you were very sweet!

I for one felt really rushed because I was initially trying to sort out tickets and finding people, and somehow I just remained stressed and highly strung until the gig started, managing to miss out on meeting tons of people who I had actually thought beforehand that I wanted to meet.

Anyway, I am really glad that I did manage to meet a few new faces and say hi (if only quickly to some) to others who I had briefly met before :wub2:.

Awww thanks:blush-anim-cl: But sometimes I just would start a conversation out of nothing and that turned out to be a bit awkward sometimes:lmfao:

Me too:biggrin2: And I felt stressed too but just because there were too many people and I wanted to talk to everyone:roftl:

LOL!! I have to say I wasn't expecting an unregular member of the MFC to know who I was!!! Was totally surprised!!! Even though I post videos on YouTube and shizz, it was still surprising having people come up to me saying they knew who I was!

Hey.. I was regular back in the day!! and you were one of us early birds.. easier to notice in my case...:thumb_yello:

I'm wondering who were the two girls in front of the venue after the gig, who asked if we were from MFC and if we were waiting for Mika I think I mumbled something about just waiting for people who were waiting for Mika, which really is what I did, but I kinda wonder now how that came across, cause I didn't even think of mentioning that there was a queue for the waiting for Mika business on the other side of the building Anyway whoever you were, I hope you eventually found him

I was there... we were waiting for people from MFC.. namely Fred..cause we lost them some how?? and I didn't even know that there was a queue..had to follow rose around the block just to get to the queue..:sneaky2: but that's when I saw Rose walk passed Bryan May without blinking an eye.. wouldn't want to miss that for anything...:roftl:

Yessss I have a lot of forum opinions , good to know Im starting to meet people for reals

.. it has been well over two years now since you sent that MFC badge to me!! How time flies.. really glad to finally meet you

yyeeesssssss!!!!!!!!! i saw him got pics but dont know how 2 load them on here im crap at all that.... got them on facebook and myspace. have a look add me 2 c them.... katie 'mika' perrett. xx did u see him?

Oh, it's you.. sorry we didn't help at all.. I was personally very confused myfelf..

The other thing I don't get about the mad desperation to get to him after the gig is that err...I just saw him. In fact I had to brace myself against him so he didn't knock me off the stage. I really don't need to get in the way of a bunch of kiddies and first time gig goers and people who were sitting up in the second circle in order to catch another glimpse of him for the 20th time.

So nice to see you and Ewokwicket, Gata. Thanks for introducing yourselves. I'm not shy by any stretch, but I get so caught up in chatting to the people I'm chatting to I forget to seek out others until it's too late.

I STILL haven't met Soaring Simpson. I don't even know what she looks like!

Christine...I wish I can act cool like Kata after gigs, but I just love our lil conversations and I like to surprise him again and again.. everytime he sees me.. he is like this :shocked: .. I guess that's cause I don't get to see him a lot.. but if I were to travel around and go to more gigs.. I probably wouldn't bother either..

Ohh yeh tall I is!!

The accent is something else especially for our foriegn guests , I try and slow it down

Could be worse could be Scotland

Thank God.. I was just about understand you..(I'm kidding) I love how you say 'book'.. in the meet & greet video.... i play it again and again..

:naughty::roftl:

I shouldnt be a Mika fan really , god knows how it all happen but it has so I will accept

That's what I thought...you definitely stand out in here!

Awww thanks But sometimes I just would start a conversation out of nothing and that turned out to be a bit awkward sometimes

Me too And I felt stressed too but just because there were too many people and I wanted to talk to everyone

You really don't have to say anything you just have to smile.. being so cute.. I think even mika must think you're cute.. see how he looks at you in liliana's m&g video :blush-anim-cl:

You really don't have to say anything you just have to smile.. being so cute.. I think even mika must think you're cute.. see how he looks at you in liliana's m&g video :blush-anim-cl

Aww:blush-anim-cl:

No way:aah:

I can only buy it if he says it out loud:mf_rosetinted: It'd be such a boost for my ego:lmfao:

Hey.. Could one of the mods or Blue Sky update the first post? Even though it's been a while and most people might not care, but after those reports and pics there were more posted and they could be linked on there:biggrin2:

does anyone have a video of Lollipop from this night? Like the WHOLE SONG to the end?? i've only seen two; one is only the intro drumming and the other doesn't last until the end of the song.

he touched my hand during this song!!! i can't find footage anywhere

thank you thank you thank youuuuu

it was nice seeing you kata, im sorry i never came over and said hello but i kinda got confused who everyone was cos its been a long time since seeing ppl!!!

I'm so glad Tia came over to see me! We had a nice chat, she's such a lovely girl and has grown!

I know we hadn't seen each other for ages but it didn't seem so long really did it, when we were chatting?

Seeing you again soon, I think? :wink2:

Hey, I didn't mean to scare you! :naughty: Anyway, I think you realised pretty quickly it was me, not some strange child molester. :naughty: I hope! :shocked:

But you are cute, girl!

Aha you didn't, it was quite funny!:roftl: And yep I recognized you straight away, you're so lovely! As I said, much more than you actually say you are.:naughty::wub2:

Thanks, haha:aah:

does anyone have a video of Lollipop from this night? Like the WHOLE SONG to the end?? i've only seen two; one is only the intro drumming and the other doesn't last until the end of the song.

Why don't you post your request in the "looking for something" thread, too? :wink2:

I think this is from that performance:

+

Stage invasion?

Edited by A. Clay

I know ... some person I haven't seen since Sadlers. who I work with, was asking me all about it today :aah:

I then realised it was two weeks today :tears:

I can't believe it's been so long. I've been on a Mika high since, but now I feel quite depressed lol.....xD

I can't believe it's been so long. I've been on a Mika high since, but now I feel quite depressed lol.....xD

I do love your siggy .... :wub2:

Least you have something that captures that .... :wub2: