MIKA @ Sadlers Wells, London - June 8 2009 - Gig Reports, Photos & Videos

Blue Sky

That was pretty much my attitude too :naughty:.

There were other people there who wanted it more badly than me and I couldn't be a**ed with the jostling tbh :wink2:.

Luckily his height means you can always get a glimpse of at least the top of his head from any vantage point :aah:

btw Kata I saw you there too, wish I had said hello now, after all it's not every day you get to meet another Mika AND Renars Kaupers fan. I'd already met one that day, meeting two would have been like a strange and surreal dream :aah: Ah well!

Actually I did see you before the gig, but you were talking to someone, so I figured I'd say hi later. Then later I wasn't sure if I remembered right who you were, so I didn't wanna make a complete arse of myself by greeting a random person :blush-anim-cl::roftl: Damn, let's hope we have better luck next time :roftl:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thing I don't get about the mad desperation to get to him after the gig is that err...I just saw him. In fact I had to brace myself against him so he didn't knock me off the stage. I really don't need to get in the way of a bunch of kiddies and first time gig goers and people who were sitting up in the second circle in order to catch another glimpse of him for the 20th time.

So nice to see you and Ewokwicket, Gata. Thanks for introducing yourselves. I'm not shy by any stretch, but I get so caught up in chatting to the people I'm chatting to I forget to seek out others until it's too late.

I STILL haven't met Soaring Simpson. I don't even know what she looks like! :doh:

Likewise! I'm glad I managed to say hi to at least a few recognisable faces, you being one of them. I'm sad I didn't manage more, but as I have said before, it WAS overwhelming at times.

As for the meeting Mika bit..well I have never properly chatted to him, I have only ever got a very brief and perfunctory autograph, but somehow this time I wasn't too bothered. Of course in an ideal world it'd be lovely to shake his hand and get a hug and a picture but I am not prepared, or bothered enough, to jostle for position in a not very organised 'queue', especially when there are people there who are more desperate for his attention than I was (this time!).

Yeh it was manic huh!! barely had time to get drinkies it was so packed in there :blink:

Oh believe me, you had more than time... At least from what I saw:mf_rosetinted:

Your accent is absolutely hilarious, btw:naughty::roftl:

Ooh and you're also so tall... Gets a bit scary:aah:

I went to the queue because I did want to meet him, even it being pointless. I had to have a looot of patience for the attitudes of the people beside me, pushing, yelling because I can't say I was particularly misbehaving... I just stood there firmly waiting for my turn, expected just to get an autograph but to chat with him for just a bit and having him to say what he said was so worth it.:naughty::aah:

Edited by Neiobi

Yessss I have a lot of forum opinions , good to know Im starting to meet people for reals :biggrin2:

Sure thang! You're a lot taller than I imagined if I'm being honest lol (and I'm a lot shorter than you - and others! - imagined :roftl:) I love your accent by the way!

I escaped during the opening act to get a mango juice :naughty:

Or alcohol? :roftl: *kidding! I know it wasn't!*

Ohh yeh tall I is!!

The accent is something else especially for our foriegn guests :naughty: , I try and slow it down

Could be worse could be Scotland:blink:

:roftl: I really tried not to laugh when I heard you "Helloo, Sunshine!" :aah: But I get fascinated with accents so...:naughty:

Yep.:naughty:

A 6ft 2 man with my accent with a floating duck in his drink (not sure where that came from) :roftl: is quite an introduction

Indeed...:roftl:

I'm just glad Cazzie was right there to save me from the shock afterwards meeting you:aah:

I shouldnt be a Mika fan really , god knows how it all happen but it has so I will accept :biggrin2

Did Cassie take you away for therapy? :naughty

Haha why shouldn't you?

Yep:wub2: She was a really good therapist :roftl:

:teehee

At least he didn't call you an 'animal de estimacao' ("pet") :roftl

He did to you?:lmfao::roftl: (I don't blame him:teehee:)

Btw, I didn't get to meet you... Didn't know how you looked like anyway:sad:

Its so nice to see people you know and also new people that add to the people you already know .. a true community builds up :wub2:

Amazing really

Waiting before the gig was really special , loved it

Yeah:biggrin2: Me too.

It did get a bit overwhelming sometimes as I said before and I did mess up talking to so many people, like my conversations with Christine, Mana, Sara, Marianne were so so ridiculous because I just didn't know what to say:aah:

Its so nice to see people you know and also new people that add to the people you already know .. a true community builds up :wub2:

Amazing really

Same! It was sooo nice to meet up with you Freddie, cos I've known for over two years now and I had never met you during that time...but now I have! :thumb_yello:

(Likewise with Mika lol :wub2:)

The other thing I don't get about the mad desperation to get to him after the gig is that err...I just saw him. In fact I had to brace myself against him so he didn't knock me off the stage. I really don't need to get in the way of a bunch of kiddies and first time gig goers and people who were sitting up in the second circle in order to catch another glimpse of him for the 20th time.

So nice to see you and Ewokwicket, Gata. Thanks for introducing yourselves. I'm not shy by any stretch, but I get so caught up in chatting to the people I'm chatting to I forget to seek out others until it's too late.

I STILL haven't met Soaring Simpson. I don't even know what she looks like! :doh:

It was nice to meet you Christine, I was sadly one of those people who was trying to get an autograph, I have seen him at a few gigs, but NEVER at a M&G so I did really want to get it, but tbh now, it was a bit of a waste of time, I would like to speak to him properly even just for a few seconds instead of being barged out of the way by others, it doesn't help being a short arse at things like that. :teehee: I wish I had just admired from a distance a bit now tbh.

Amazing really

I totally, totally agree. Made me think about bab's comment from a

long time ago: It's not ALL about Mika! :wink2:

Your pictures are amazingly good Liliana, you have talent, I hope you continue to smuggle your camera into concerts, especially Mika ones :biggrin2:.

I'll take this opportunity to thank everyone for their pictures, videos, reports etc etc in this thread; it's so nice to have my own memories of the night supplemented by other people's, it somehow makes the whole thing twice as special.

:thumb_yello:

Thank you! I didn't have a proper lens with me, but however I think I have some interesting photos!:teehee:

The problem with this camera is that is a professional one, and in some venues is forbidden to use this type of cameras, unless we are a photojournalist. :naughty:

Could someone jog my memory as to the setlist order for this gig?

I have tried to find it on the thread but can't, it's such a huge thread...!

Thanks.

I think it's:

Grace Kelly

Lady Jane

SITM

Lonely Alcoholic

Blue Eyes

Toy Boy

Billy Brown

Good Gone Girl

OMS

Big Girl

Love Today

BIOTG

Lollipop

Happy Ending

Rain

Any other word/My interpretation

Relax + stage invasion

:aah:

At least from what I have in mind and written down..

Could someone jog my memory as to the setlist order for this gig?

I have tried to find it on the thread but can't, it's such a huge thread...!

Thanks.

I recorded the songs in the order that they came up and uploaded them in the same order, so here is your setlist :naughty::

Mika - GRACE KELLY @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - LADY JANE @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - STUCK IN THE MIDDLE @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - LONELY ALKIE @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - BLUE EYES @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - TOY BOY @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - BILLY BROWN @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - GGG @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - OVER MY SHOULDER @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - BIG GIRL @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - LOVE TODAY @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - BIOTG @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - HAPPY ENDING @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - LOLLIPOP @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - MY INTERPRETATION @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - RAIN @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Mika - RELAX @ Sadler's Wells in London 080609

Yeah:biggrin2: Me too.

It did get a bit overwhelming sometimes as I said before and I did mess up talking to so many people, like my conversations with Christine, Mana, Sara, Marianne were so so ridiculous because I just didn't know what to say

Don't be silly Carlota, you weren't ridiculous at all :roftl:, you were very sweet!

I for one felt really rushed because I was initially trying to sort out tickets and finding people, and somehow I just remained stressed and highly strung until the gig started, managing to miss out on meeting tons of people who I had actually thought beforehand that I wanted to meet.

Anyway, I am really glad that I did manage to meet a few new faces and say hi (if only quickly to some) to others who I had briefly met before :wub2:.