The strange world of Mika - Observer - June 12 2009

dcdeb

Wow, wow, wow. Am I the only one who thinks that this might be the best Mika interview ever? Maybe it's because there was so much time put into it. Mika has really grown up, and it shows. Bring on the next record!

PM me to let me know when to send the money via Paypal. :wink2:

True. :no:

As much as we'd like to know everything about Mika, it's fair to let him keep as much about himself private as he wants to. As Neil Patrick Harris says: "I'm not such a fan of the pushing-pushing-pushing people to make decisions."

I like that he's set up boundaries around his private life; It's good to know he respects himself to that point. I mean, if he didn't, and I suppose if other celebs don't, don't you think they'd end up like Susan Boyle? It'd be too much for them - like it was too much for her - for the media to come crashing down on you and start trying to find out more and more things about you, trying to get into your private life and so on.

I like that he's set up boundaries around his private life; It's good to know he respects himself to that point. I mean, if he didn't, and I suppose if other celebs don't, don't you think they'd end up like Susan Boyle? It'd be too much for them - like it was too much for her - for the media to come crashing down on you and start trying to find out more and more things about you, trying to get into your private life and so on.

Yep... I think as long as he doesn't "crack", they won't show much interest on his private life unless as usual he's seen with someone famous at the moment. And if they do find something, the impact that will have will be relative... If he isn't minimally interested on what they found and doesn't have anything to hide or doesn't care about what the press think or makes others think, he won't even comment on that and the subject will eventually be forgotten... If he does make a fuss about it, wich I doubt, they'll try and dig up more things... I think:naughty::aah:

i've already posted about the article earlier today but i just wanted to say how much i enjoyed reading it! it was a lovely (if not a little sorrowful) insight into Mika's mind, well this is what i thought anyway.:wub2: i just took the magazine into the kitchen to show my mum and asked her if she wanted to read it. when she saw me holding it she said 'so is he gay or not?' (oh dear!) and she just brought it back to me now, i asked her what she through of it and all she said was, 'he's very strange!'. haha lmao:naughty: :-) x

i've already posted about the article earlier today but i just wanted to say how much i enjoyed reading it! it was a lovely (if not a little sorrowful) insight into Mika's mind, well this is what i thought anyway.:wub2: i just took the magazine into the kitchen to show my mum and asked her if she wanted to read it. when she saw me holding it she said 'so is he gay or not?' (oh dear!) and she just brought it back to me now, i asked her what she through of it and all she said was, 'he's very strange!'. haha lmao:naughty: :-) x

:roftl:

That's what my friends always ask.. Pfft:naughty:

He's strange, and that's what I think we all like about him:teehee:

Yep... I think as long as he doesn't "crack", they won't show much interest on his private life unless as usual he's seen with someone famous at the moment. And if they do find something, the impact that will have will be relative... If he isn't minimally interested on what they found and doesn't have anything to hide or doesn't care about what the press think or makes others think, he won't even comment on that and the subject will eventually be forgotten... If he does make a fuss about it, wich I doubt, they'll try and dig up more things... I think:naughty::aah:

It's pretty obvious that it would be easier for him to be up front with everybody. The issue wouldn't have to be in every interview he ever does (as it is now). He's obviously uncomfortable, and the media pounce on the "mystery".

But if he wants to keep it to himself, I say that's bloody alright!

Maybe it's because he's not sure himself?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked::shocked:

I simply adore all the photos and this is one of the more decent articles i read about Mika in a long time.

Thank you so much for posting and sharing. :wub2:

It's pretty obvious that it would be easier for him to be up front with everybody. The issue wouldn't have to be in every interview he ever does (as it is now). He's obviously uncomfortable, and the media pounce on the "mystery".

Yeah but if he was upfront people would like to know more and more and more and if he's not saying anything about just that one thing there's no way people can wonder about something more.. I think:aah:

Yep:biggrin2:

Don't know... Maybe! We may never know anyway.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shocked::shocked:

I simply adore all the photos and this is one of the more decent articles i read about Mika in a long time.

Thank you so much for posting and sharing. :wub2:

I read "decadent" instead of "decent"...:roftl:

Yes, as the article says, he is strange. But isn't that true for all of us? We just try to hide our weirdness behind masks of normalness (is that a word?)

That's one of the things that's allways attracted me from Mika: he not only not hides his strangeness but revels on it.

(I'm sorry, I feel like I've made up a lot of words, but bear with me, english is not my first language:roftl:)

Yes, as the article says, he is strange. But isn't that true for all of us? We just try to hide our weirdness behind masks of normalness (is that a word?)

That's one of the things that's allways attracted me from Mika: he not only not hides his strangeness but revels on it.

(I'm sorry, I feel like I've made up a lot of words, but bear with me, english is not my first language:roftl:)

:shocked: So right...

Yep, and he likes being strange. And he's not afraid of showing he is strange!He quite appreciates it in a way, I think.

Haha that happens to me a lot.. Don't worry:roftl:

I really think that someone with his background couldn't be different. There's a lot of happiness but also a lot of sadness. What I personally think is that Mika is still dealing with this things and with a freudian help it would be easy:wink2:.

people, sorry for my english. I'm trying the best :biggrin2:.

Edited by Vélez Patti

I really think that someone with his background couldn't be different. There's a lot of happiness but also a lot of sadness. What I personally think is that Mika is still dealing with this things and without a freudian help it would be easy:wink2:.

people, sorry for my english. I'm trying the best :biggrin2:.

No, I get you...:biggrin2:

Why couldn't he be different?

I agree with you on this but, I don't Know if it was only my impression, I think he reveals a lot in this interview. At least I tryed read between the lines. Maybe that was the reason I felt some sadness.

You took the words right out of my mouth. You're so right!

Thanks so much for taking the time to scan and post this! :wub2:

Cool article. :biggrin2:

(Am I the only one who doesn't think Mika's strange? :teehee:)

I think he's strange but strange in a good way... Like he's individual and particular. Does that make sense?:aah:

I don't find him strange, just interesting.

He kind of opened up a whole new world for me, that completely fascinates me. And made me realise stuff about myself that I hadn't thought about before.

So if that's strange, then I'm proud to be in that world.

I think he's strange but strange in a good way... Like he's individual and particular. Does that make sense?:aah:

Don't worry, it makes perfect sense. :biggrin2:

I get what you mean, but isn't everybody unique in their own way? ('Strange is just a very weird concept to me. It's about as easy to define as 'normal' is. Does that make sense? :roftl:)

I don't find him strange, just interesting.

He kind of opened up a whole new world for me, that completely fascinates me. And made me realise stuff about myself that I hadn't thought about before.

So if that's strange, then I'm proud to be in that world.

I completely agree with you. :biggrin2:

Don't worry, it makes perfect sense. :biggrin2:

I get what you mean, but isn't everybody unique in their own way? ('Strange is just a very weird concept to me. It's about as easy to define as 'normal' is. Does that make sense? :roftl:)

I completely agree with you. :biggrin2:

I'm glad:aah:

Yep.. But most times people don't like being unique in their own way, I dunno:aah:

It makes sense!

I'm glad:aah:

Yep.. But most times people don't like being unique in their own way, I dunno:aah:

It makes sense!

That's true, I guess most people prefer to be 'normal' and to fit in. Mika's uniqueness is just a bit more obvious, I guess. :biggrin2:

yes u make sense....... i really love it its 1 of my favs that ive read on mika and the pics r lovely. wow some new pics 2 look at. i got 2 copys hehehe ive put it away with the rest of my mika things and ive got so much now. so so so looking forward 2 sep 4 new songs 2. god well done mika u lil sexbomb. i like mika being diffrent. thats what makes him and the looks and songs and the eyes and the hair and.... well everythink!!!!!!!!!! :teehee::tongue2:

That's true, I guess most people prefer to be 'normal' and to fit in. Mika's uniqueness is just a bit more obvious, I guess. :biggrin2:

Yeah, and thank god for that!:naughty::teehee:

yes u make sense....... i really love it its 1 of my favs that ive read on mika and the pics r lovely. wow some new pics 2 look at. i got 2 copys hehehe ive put it away with the rest of my mika things and ive got so much now. so so so looking forward 2 sep 4 new songs 2. god well done mika u lil sexbomb. i like mika being diffrent. thats what makes him and the looks and songs and the eyes and the hair and.... well everythink!!!!!!!!!! :teehee::tongue2:

Yep they're nice aren't they:wub2:

Can't wait either!

Thanks for all the nice comments - but it's hubby Kev to thank - not me! He knows I'd have been giving him :puppy_eyes: if he hadn't so kindly scanned these in today lol :roftl:

I love the fact that MIKA is 'unique', it makes him all the more interesting. Echoing you guys, the interview was totally enthralling and of course LOVING these new pics.

The contents list of the magazine made me smile "Mika Penniman lives in a world of his own" Bless !! :roll1: