• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong ID?:shocked:

Ok, I'll do it slowly.

Tickets are won on facebook or wherever, that's not the point. They are nominal, and when you, Lill, turn up at the venue you'll have to prove that you actually are John Smith, the hairy sixfooter whose photo is on the copy you made of your ID before it was stolen :shocked: and that you picked up your delightful French accent :wub2: through having a scorching affair with a French hot little number :blush-anim-cl: ... if you can do that you should be an actor :roftl: .

Cheers,

Id3

Ok, I'll do it slowly.

Tickets are won on facebook or wherever, that's not the point. They are nominal, and when you, Lill, turn up at the venue you'll have to prove that you actually are John Smith, the hairy sixfooter whose photo is on the copy you made of your ID before it was stolen :shocked: and that you picked up your delightful French accent :wub2: through having a scorching affair with a French hot little number :blush-anim-cl: ... if you can do that you should be an actor :roftl: .

Cheers,

Id3

Thank you for your informations, i am laughing +++ while thinking about what horrible moment it could hav been.

John Smith.:roftl:

Blocked by a mere technicality ? You ARE getting old :shocked: !

Cheers,

Id3

I might be getting less reckless, but really, unless you're willing to donate me free tickets, I can't borrow 2000 pounds....:mf_rosetinted:

Yes, but the whole idea of these gigs are that they are intimate, and the 2007 Mica ICA gig accomodated only 150 people I believe.

Cheers,

Id3

Of course it may be different this year -I mean, bigger audience- but not huge, I think.

Cheers,

Id3

facebook Itunes says they are giving away 150 PAIRS of tickets which=300 people.

I know that Capital Radio were doing a comp for tickets too..wish i found out too late and it was closed! ...so there will be more than the 300 but not that many more I don't think, as that comp was only for a few tickets..but hey what do I know!

The ICA itunes gig you had to wait to get in..not for long as they wouldn't let you...inside in reception tho, which was good as were seats..then take a copy of the email sent to you..they checked you off a list and then had to show ID..driving license,passport, credit card etc then can't remember if you got wristband or hand stamp or was it a laminate? but I remember thinking it was very secure and precise.

Can't say that this will be the same but for those thinking they can skip regulations etc. be careful incase they are as organised as last time and you are told you can't get in as that would be worse than not winning at all.

As for it being unfair....huh? how many gigs and comps happen all over the world. If it was happening in Japan would you still be complaining you couldn't go? come on you are adults FFS!

Everything MIKA does is unfair to someone...he can never win whatever decision he takes..he can't do EVERYTHING and satisfy everyone!

Plus Lillibet and Id3 You guys just had 2 gigs where the UK (LONDON..his Home town!) only had one...so don't be so despondent about the situation. You guys have had more than most of the rest of the world. (ok id3 you couldn't go but not MIKA's fault)

Yeah I WANNA GO MORE THAN ANYTHING! -but have to be realistic -it is a lottery in the end and nobody knows how many people are in it..they don't HAVE to be from the MFC!!!!!

xxx

facebook Itunes says they are giving away 150 PAIRS of tickets which=300 people.

I know that Capital Radio were doing a comp for tickets too..wish i found out too late and it was closed! ...so there will be more than the 300 but not that many more I don't think, as that comp was only for a few tickets..but hey what do I know!

The ICA itunes gig you had to wait to get in..not for long as they wouldn't let you...inside in reception tho, which was good as were seats..then take a copy of the email sent to you..they checked you off a list and then had to show ID..driving license,passport, credit card etc then can't remember if you got wristband or hand stamp or was it a laminate? but I remember thinking it was very secure and precise.

Can't say that this will be the same but for those thinking they can skip regulations etc. be careful incase they are as organised as last time and you are told you can't get in as that would be worse than not winning at all.

As for it being unfair....huh? how many gigs and comps happen all over the world. If it was happening in Japan would you still be complaining you couldn't go? come on you are adults FFS!

Everything MIKA does is unfair to someone...he can never win whatever decision he takes..he can't do EVERYTHING and satisfy everyone!

Plus Lillibet and Id3 You guys just had 2 gigs where the UK (LONDON..his Home town!) only had one...so don't be so despondent about the situation. You guys have had more than most of the rest of the world. (ok id3 you couldn't go but not MIKA's fault)

Yeah I WANNA GO MORE THAN ANYTHING! -but have to be realistic -it is a lottery in the end and nobody knows how many people are in it..they don't HAVE to be from the MFC!!!!!

xxx

Well, ID3 already "boasted" earlier in this thread I think that they had 2 gigs in Paris for 1 London one, so hey, fair is fair, aye :naughty:.

Yeah DL we got a laminated lanyard which had codes for 10 free itunes. I still have mine. Somewhere. :wink2:

Yes, I also still have it somewhere.

Actually, it's coming back to me now, they were really strict in 07. You did have to show ID to prove you were the person who won the tickets.

I was so excited about my first Mika gig that I can't really remember much about that type of detail. I do remember going to reception at the ICA and showing my printout, and them giving me something (I think it was a wristband??).

Then on the way in some guy gave us the card/lanyard thingies.....And then I saw Mika right in front of me in that tiny room and I melted and totally lost the plot :mf_lustslow::wub2:

Thanks guys!

Yup was a laminate and mine turned pink as had a pink feather boa on...so did my neck.

Yeah the credits were for the gig that was on Itunes...so we got it for free...I remember now :thumb_yello: it wasn't on the tv tho...not sure why.

My laminate is tucked away in my momento box :teehee:...stop laughing... it is MY special box full of special and secret things :blush-anim-cl:

xxx

Thanks guys!

Yup was a laminate and mine turned pink as had a pink feather boa on...so did my neck.

Yeah the credits were for the gig that was on Itunes...so we got it for free...I remember now :thumb_yello: it wasn't on the tv tho...not sure why.

My laminate is tucked away in my momento box :teehee:...stop laughing... it is MY special box full of special and secret things :blush-anim-cl:

xxx

Not THAT secret is it now, if you post it on MFC :bleh::lmao:

xxx

Thanks for the details, love :snog: .

I am not despondent about the itunes gig operation, and am not blaming Sire for my failure to go to any of the acoustic tour concerts ; I was just trying to help Lill not find herself in the gutter press as the silly frog who pretended to be John Smith to get admittance to the venue.

Although, come to think of it, it would be such unbelievable publicity for M that he would probably give her free tickets, together with backstage passes and the right to dry him with a towel after the show :fangurl::swoon: for the rest of her life.

Sorry, lousy advice, go for it, girl :thumb_yello: !

Cheers,

Id3

Well, ID3 already "boasted" earlier in this thread I think that they had 2 gigs in Paris for 1 London one, so hey, fair is fair, aye :naughty:.

Yes, I also still have it somewhere.

Look who's talking :floor: ! Some people boast of being decadent and, when it comes to bidding a puny 2000 pounds, pretend they can't afford it :wink2: ...

Cheers,

Id3

Thanks for the details, love :snog: .

I am not despondent about the itunes gig operation, and am not blaming Sire for my failure to go to any of the acoustic tour concerts ; I was just trying to help Lill not find herself in the gutter press as the silly frog who pretended to be John Smith to get admittance to the venue.

Although, come to think of it, it would be such unbelievable publicity for M that he would probably give her free tickets, together with backstage passes and the right to dry him with a towel after the show :fangurl::swoon: for the rest of her life.

Sorry, lousy advice, go for it, girl :thumb_yello: !

Cheers,

Id3

I have just realised I should never have written that post :shocked: : now there are bound to be about 100 female John Smith trying to get admittance to the venue and finding it hard to explain to security why they all are holding a bath towel to their ample bosom :fangurl: ...

Cheers,

Id3