The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps the royal variety show can help??

:thumb_yello:

The thing is that it is not the Royal Variety show that needs to promote 'Rain' but 'Rain' should promote the album. :cool:

I actually hope he is singing something else from TBWKTM tonight.

I hope so too! I hope he sings 'I see You' or 'Pick Up'!

Well, actually, it's confirmed, he will sing 'Rain' it was written on the online blog... here: http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/CustomPages/CustomPage.aspx?pageID=80822

I was hoping he will do pick up too, that would be good for that event, but what do I know... :naughty:

it's also written, he won't be opening the show. Liar. :mf_rosetinted:

I am beginning to think that the only thing consistent about the sales of TBWKTM is "confusion." :shocked::shocked:

I am confused!

:roftl:

I think there are huge differences from country to country. :wink2:

E.g. I expect people will mainly download in my country, more than buy the album. Either officially or through illegal downloads. I've asked my students: they have all downloaded the album. They like Rain, they have the pirate download, they will never admit they love Mika. It's a mad world. :dunno:

Of course, I will punish them with very low marks. :mf_rosetinted:

E.g. I expect people will mainly download in my country, more than buy the album. Either officially or through illegal downloads. I've asked my students: they have all downloaded the album. They like Rain, they have the pirate download, they will never admit they love Mika. It's a mad world. :dunno:

That is very interesting laura.

Don't punish them too harshly :roftl::roftl: popularity is popularity.

This is a new world.:shocked::shocked:

That's funny !! Since the new album came out, i noticed something similar !! More and more of my friends are sort of "closeted Mika fans" :naughty:

I mean : most of them laugh at me when i say i love his music. Then, when i say " i'm going to see him in concert, who wants to come ?", quite a few of them actually come, and enjoy themselves big time... but when these same people talk about Mika "in public", later on, they're like " oh i went because Sarah wanted to go and i didn't want to let her go all by herself !!" :naughty:

Same thing for the new album. They all pretend not to know it and not to care, but when i play the songs, they sing along and know the lyrics !! :biggrin2:

i'm almost certain that all these people secretely (and illegally ) downloaded songs and will never openly admit it !! :wags_finger:

That's sad, because it completely messes with the sales figures and gives the impression that TBWKTM isn't a big hit, which i think is totally untrue...

Mika's Rain single isn't even in the Top 100 singles now :( I hoped it would go up from 72 ... not disappear completely .... :aah:

I...really don't know what went wrong :eek: I'm still trying to understand...

HOW COME that he "accomplished" even worse 'success' with "Rain" than with WAG?????????????

Sorry but I'm just pissed.:boxed: AND confuzzled!

I...really don't know what went wrong :eek: I'm still trying to understand...

HOW COME that he "accomplished" even worse 'success' with "Rain" than with WAG?????????????

Sorry but I'm just pissed.:boxed: AND confuzzled!

In hindsight, WAG did well and was a top 5 hit! My son had this to say about Rain...

"It's too repetitive in the chorus and he sings the chorus too high. When he sings it live he strains to get the notes sometimes. It's not so different from some of his other stuff he's already done. He should release Touches You or One Foot Boy, because they are different."

My husband said this...

"He should release I See You! He sings it really well."

Down two places from 43 to 45 this week in the UK.

I hope the Christmas market means extra sales as IMO it's so deserved.

I love TBWKTM, but what the hell do I know.

I'm not English so I don't know if what I'm gonna write is right, but if I understand well from here http://www.theofficialcharts.com/top40_albums.php TBWKTM is 59 in the UK and not 45 anymore. Anyone tell me if I'm wrong (I'd rather be wrong than knowing he's lost 14 positions)

TBWKTM is definitely no 59.

There is always this confusion every week, because although Radio One play the new chart on a Sunday, the Official Chart Company - who actually compile the chart - don't get round to updating their own website until late Monday moning. If the record at the top hasn't changed, you may not realise you are looking at last's week's chart.

Once they didn't update it until the Wednesday. You'd think they'd like to get their own website updated quickly :dunno: