• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm, apparently Pete Townshends has a boat (and maybe a house) there. He and Mika are friendly, maybe he wants to be his neighbour:wink2:

And I bet that while we are speaking of him moving to Eel Pie island he's already bought a property somewhere on the other end of the world:naughty:

Oh isn't he full of surprises?

Didn't he just have his home refurbished?

I know he can be a bad speller - he spelled Eel Pie Island - Eil Pie ilsland.

But shouldn't you have to be able to spell correctly the place you are moving to? :roftl:

If anybody is interested here is a 3 minute vid of a resident talking about the history, especially the music history & the present goings on there:

http://www.videojug.com/film/london-eel-pie-island

It is interesting.

Now we have another Mika Motion to scrutinize.:boxed::boxed:

. . . and his arms will get longer from carrying stuff in . . .

2 wks ago i decided i wanted to live in N london, then last week i decided deff on a house boat, this week its a farm in gloucestershire

9 minutes ago from web

:blink:

:naughty:

I can't even pronounce that last town :aah: But sounds much country to me, maybe Mika will miss the city being surrounded by field..and trees...and cows...and pigs and chicken (oh wait, he likes pigs and chicken :teehee:)

A House boat? Sounds nice but I dunno if Mika really loves boats to live in one. Happily, there's not sharks on the Thames or around :roftl:

And I cannot tell about N London, have no idea but I guess it's urban and has historic places

But the most surprising thing was how different are the options...:naughty: It's like if I was asked which are the things that I like, no one is related to the other :aah:

:blink:

I can't even pronounce that last town :aah: But sounds much country to me, maybe Mika will miss the city being surrounded by field..and trees...and cows...and pigs and chicken (oh wait, he likes pigs and chicken :teehee:)

A House boat? Sounds nice but I dunno if Mika really loves boats to live in one. Happily, there's not sharks on the Thames or around :roftl:

And I cannot tell about N London, have no idea but I guess it's urban and has historic places

But the most surprising thing was how different are the options...:naughty: It's like if I was asked which are the things that I like, no one is related to the other :aah:

It's a county, not a town, but it is a beautiful part of the world.

Be nice if he did decide to live there.:teehee:

Edited by RAK1

Let's Swim to Eel Pie Island

by John Joyce

eel_pie_passport_1963_jja.jpg

http://www.eelpie.org/letsswim.htm

I don't need to swim! I can walk on water like LJ

Come to think of it... I hope Mika isn't LJ's lover who gets drowned, and then turns into a fish and has to spend the rest of his life running away from The Emperor's knife and fork!!

:shocked: I guess you SURE wouldn't mind him loving there? :aah:

"Love in Gloucestershire" :mf_rosetinted: Sounds like a nice title, funny though

(I'm thinking in a Simpsons epidode in which Homer had trouble pronouncing 'Worcestershire' :teehee: We spanish speakers would have the same problem)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/audio.pl?ggglou02=Gloucestershire

Edited by Romis

Freudian slip??:shocked::shocked:

Or is there something you would like to share with the class RAK1?? Hmmmm?:naughty::naughty:

DEFINITELY a Freudian slip:naughty:

Nothing to share, that I'm aware of anyway!

I wouldn't mind him loving there either :das::lmfao:

::thumb_yello: It's a small island, at the hours people doesn't often visit, it's gonna be quiet there for your relax and enjoyment :wink2:

::thumb_yello: It's a small island, at the hours people doesn't often visit, it's gonna be quiet there for your relax and enjoyment :wink2:

No, we were talking about Gloucestershire, after the link I posted about the island earlier, you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise:naughty:

No, we were talking about Gloucestershire, after the link I posted about the island earlier, you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise:naughty:

Isn't there a great University there? I should reconsider studying in the actual London town...if you say it's a small county...I'd get to have a nicer time there...:naughty::das:

Isn't there a great University there? I should reconsider studying in the actual London town...if you say it's a small county...I'd get to have a nicer time there...:naughty::das:

Are there no good unis in your country then?