Second single - "The Girls"

Blue Sky

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

btw did my ears deceive me or did Mika rap a bit in the bridge part of Rain at the iTunes thing? :naughty: Rap in a talky Pet Shop Boys kind of way, I mean. :naughty: That kind of rapping I could just about forgive on a Mika song.

If your ears deceived you than mine deceived me too lol :naughty:

I dont think I can convince my mom to buy both the deluxe normal UK whatever edition AND the Japanese one, and I guess she thinks buying a Japanese one is nonsense, so I'll probably only buy the deluxe normal UK whatever edition.:naughty:

Not surprised--This one seems to be done in more of a style that U.S. audiences like. From the 30 second preview--that is. I don't particularly like it, because it seems like he's changed his style to cater to U.S. audiences, but we'll just have to wait until the full song comes out.

Ahh, Doesn't surprise me, I was thinking "Blame it on the Girls" would be the first single anyway.

I can't wait to see what he does in the video for it!!

This is off topic, but are albums by English speaking artists usually promoted using English or Katakana?

I would think English ( w/ katakana super script) would prove more popular, but I gather I'm wrong.

Edited by Daisuke

Ahh, Doesn't surprise me, I was thinking "Blame it on the Girls" would be the first single anyway.

From the iTunes snippet, I'm a little worried about this one. I'm worried that it's going to sound too synthed. :aah:

But, that said, it sounds like it might be a good single to crack the American market... I suppose we'll see!

I was very strong with LICM and only bought the UK version

Though come to think, I bought it 3 times!

So maybe I should splash out- are there lots of versions?

Well with LiCM, the US version had Erase on it and the Japanese version had Your Sympathy, so it makes collectors like me go a bit crazy and buy all of them...:teehee:

You only need to look at my discography pic in my profile to see how crazy i went.:blush-anim-cl:

From the iTunes snippet, I'm a little worried about this one. I'm worried that it's going to sound too synthed. :aah:

But, that said, it sounds like it might be a good single to crack the American market... I suppose we'll see!

yeah.. i loved the live BBC radio 2 version, but seriously.. the itunes snippet scares me.. like mikas voice has gone all flat, and hes singing in monotone..

The Japanese edition of TBWKTM comes out on September 16th. I will be rushing to buy it the night before (on inside information) and then I will be able to let you know what other goodies(if any) come with the JP edition of the album.:thumb_yello:

thanks! i'm sure there will be more goodies with the JP edition!

• 4 weeks later...
Well with LiCM, the US version had Erase on it and the Japanese version had Your Sympathy, so it makes collectors like me go a bit crazy and buy all of them...:teehee:

You only need to look at my discography pic in my profile to see how crazy i went.:blush-anim-cl:

I've ordered the Japanese Boy Who, and the Japanese LICM with it- so I can listen to Your Sympathy. But it's a new edition that has Erase on too otherwise I might have bought the US version as well- there's have been quite a few discussions of them recently that I can't join in

Hopefully they won't be affected by the UK postal strike

I've ordered the Japanese Boy Who, and the Japanese LICM with it- so I can listen to Your Sympathy. But it's a new edition that has Erase on too otherwise I might have bought the US version as well- there's have been quite a few discussions of them recently that I can't join in

Hopefully they won't be affected by the UK postal strike

In fact the Japanese edition had Erase on it from the start. The original JP edition had stickers, but no longer...although you can correct me if you get stickers with yours.

The problem with the Japanese edition was it came outreally late (in June 2007), so it meant everyone had already heard Erase as the bonus track on the US edition.

It is also nice for us that we get our Boy Who Knew next Tuesday. So you might find you have yours from Japan before you get your UK one!

New Mika song leaked ‘Blame It On The Girls’

You can hear it here-

http://earsucker.com/2009/09/11/new-mika-song-leaked-blame-it-on-the-girls/

2 Comments:

racinghorse83 1 day ago

it was not leaked! universal confirmed it was posted with permission ;D

I prefer this over WAG! The intro is very funny, very put on.

Its classic really. Will do well, i’m sure : )

seesa 7 hours ago

this is brilliant. love it!

And from PEREZ-"NEW MIKA!"

http://perezhilton.com/2009-09-10-new-mika-3

Edited by A. Clay