"TOUCHES YOU" thread

Blue Sky

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the songs on the albums tend to be like political factions. I keep changing my alliances:teehee:

I know what you mean:wink2:..

It was same with me about LICM as well. I just couldn't choose a favourite and I kept changing my mind about which one I appreciate more on a weekly or even daily basis. In a way, it is still happening, depending on a live version of a song I might hear at a gig.....:blush-anim-cl:

But it is a good thing that most of us would agree there is no 'weak' song on the album. There are songs some of us might not like so much, but basically, almost all could pass as a single.

And that is very very promising if we think about the possible reception of the album by the general public:thumb_yello:

It was same with me about LICM as well. I just couldn't choose a favourite and I kept changing my mind about which one I appreciate more on a weekly or even daily basis. In a way, it is still happening, depending on a live version of a song I might hear at a gig.....:blush-anim-cl:

I still do that. :roftl:

Someone will ask me my favourite song on LICM and I'll say "Ring Ri-no, wait-Any Other Wor-but, wait, I love Relax, then again there's My Interpr--- I DUNNO! :lmfao:

I have a quuestion that i can't find the answer to here or that it has been mentioned here:

Towards the end at 2:32 minutes through the song is Mika singing

"It isn't a perfect love

What are we guilty of

What am I suppose to do

Can't seem to leave you alone"

etc etc

Then he sings it again.

has anybody else picked up on this.

I don't see it in the lyrics on page one of this thread.

Thanks.

But it is a good thing that most of us would agree there is no 'weak' song on the album. There are songs some of us might not like so much, but basically, almost all could pass as a single.

And that is very very promising if we think about the possible reception of the album by the general public:thumb_yello:

I still do that. :roftl:

Someone will ask me my favourite song on LICM and I'll say "Ring Ri-no, wait-Any Other Wor-but, wait, I love Relax, then again there's My Interpr--- I DUNNO! :lmfao:

I totally agree with the both of you.

I just heardf the new album today so everytime i play a different song that is my favourite until I hear the next song.

But you guys made me realize that i still "sort of" do that with Life In Cartoon Motion."

On both albums - to me - there are no weak songs.

They are all great!

I suppose I am just a bias Mika Fan!

:aah::aah: finally I have the album in my hands !!!!!! :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow: Touches You exceeds my expectations !!!

edit : Be Jealous ! :mf_rosetinted::teehee:

edit 2 : Luuuuuuuv the little booklet XD i'm so excited I might hit anyone XD

Edited by cubitus

I will be your father figure

Put your tiny hand in mine

I will be your preacher teacher

Anything you have in mind

I will be your father figure

I have had enough of crime

I will be the one who loves you

Until the end of time

I wanna be your brother, wanna be your father too

Never make you run for cover even if they want us to

I wanna be your sister, wanna be your mother too

I wanna be wanna be

Whatever else that touches you

I couldn't resist putting these two exerpts together! What do you guys think?

I adore both the songs! And even the melody is quite similar, but obviously Touches You has a totally different vibe.

:aah: Ok, just changed my mind. I definitely liked it before but I listened to it again a minute ago and fell in love!!!

It's not my fav, cause I don't have one. I've favourited every song I've listened to tonight which I think is all of them.

But I definitely love it more than I did yesterday :boing:

And I agree Kasia, I definitely see the reseblence. I did the first time I heard the clip which is why I think I liked it so much :teehee:

I couldn't resist putting these two exerpts together! What do you guys think?

you should research the whole GM portfolio and add bits from other songs, like this one

"I'm not your father

I'm not your brother

Talk to your sister

I am a lover

C-c-c-c-come on"

:bleh:

or:

"It could be the price of love

Could the price of hate

What am I guilty of

Why do you make me wait"

:naughty:

If you compare these songs on a semantical basis, you do find many other similarities because many GM lyrics focus on such topic :teehee: and he uses similar language.

Musically Touches You also evokes George Michael, but I really wouldn't fingerpoint on any particular song.

It's like Rain has the Neil Tennant type of 'rap' insert in it and everything about that insert reminds you of the PSB. However, it is most definitely not a copy of any of their songs or spoken inserts...

I just call it homage and a nice try:biggrin2:

Edited by suzie

you should research the whole GM portfolio and add bits from other songs, like this one

"I'm not your father

I'm not your brother

Talk to your sister

I am a lover

C-c-c-c-come on"

:bleh:

or:

"It could be the price of love

Could the price of hate

What am I guilty of

Why do you make me wait"

... and you will find words like undercover...etc in his other songs, too:wink2:

If you compare these songs on a semantical basis, you do find many other similarities because many GM lyrics focus on such topic :teehee: and he uses similar language.

Musically Touches You also evokes George Michael, but I really wouldn't fingerpoint on any particular song.

It's like Rain has the Neil Tennant type of 'rap' insert in it and everything about that insert reminds you of the PSB. However, it is most definitely not a copy of any of their songs or spoken inserts...

I just call it homage and a nice try:biggrin2:

Oh, yes, I didn't think of I Want Your Sex at first but now I see the resemblance too:thumb_yello:. To me Touches You is genius in a sense that it's very difficult to write a song which in NOT plagiarism but evokes songs by other artists immediately!

Ah, Touches You, or as I now call it, The Song That Will Be The Death Of Me!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Not since Love Today, has a song been such a danger to me, and the general public, while I'm driving.:naughty:

It's so insanely catchy, my backside will NOT stay in the seat of my van, and I find my hands leaving the steering wheel, with alarming regularity!:teehee:

I wonder if other drivers think I'm having some kind of fit!!!:roftl:

I think I may have to start skipping it while driving, but can't bring myself to do it.:wub2:

Ah, Touches You, or as I now call it, The Song That Will Be The Death Of Me!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Not since Love Today, has a song been such a danger to me, and the general public, while I'm driving.:naughty:

It's so insanely catchy, my backside will NOT stay in the seat of my van, and I find my hands leaving the steering wheel, with alarming regularity!:teehee:

I think I may have to start skipping it while driving, but can't bring myself to do it.:wub2:

You know, if you had an accident, I don't think this would be an adequate defense:roftl:

Rose: I'm so sorry Officer, I just couldn't help ploughing down that post box. Touches Me was playing!

And when your hands leave the steering wheel is that when you clap hands for: "you walk away...HEY!"????:blink: