Mika in Los Angeles, CA at Palladium Hollywood

lollipop_monkey

I was thinking the same thing...he mentions California....

And I've picked out a black and white outfit if we go with the whole black and white theme for this gig.

-sparkly jacket

-black leggings

-black tank

-white suspenders

-black bowler hat

and maybe this poofy white skirt i have...still debating on the whole skirt idea.

Are we officially gonna go with the black and white theme?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm i dont think i have anything cool just nlack and white..... :blink:

what u guys think if i get a wig? lmao.... but i was thinking black with some red stripes....or maybe goldish :teehee:

what u guys think if i get a wig? lmao.... but i was thinking black with some red stripes....or maybe goldish :teehee:

I just used old items from my closet and put them together in a new way.:aah: I'm sure you have something....but it's not official if we're theming it or not.

If not, I have this AMAZING gold skirt I bought just for the concerts...I was gonna wear it both nights, but I can use it for oakland if i'm gonna go black and white for this one.

But I like the wig idea. I mean why not, right?:naughty:

how about black with white/silver stripes, like addams family? :biggrin2: then you'd have the black+white thing, not matter what you wear. :bleh:

a wig could get a bit hot though...

and lollipopgirl (i'm getting confused as there are 2 of you with such similar usernames, lol! :naughty:), colourful for oakland sounds perfect, i have something extremely colourful for there too! :biggrin2:

how about black with white/silver stripes, like addams family? :biggrin2: then you'd have the black+white thing, not matter what you wear. :bleh:

a wig could get a bit hot though...

and lollipopgirl (i'm getting confused as there are 2 of you with such similar usernames, lol! :naughty:), colourful for oakland sounds perfect, i have something extremely colourful for there too! :biggrin2:

yeah i was thinking it could get hot too... damn.... yeah better i wont do that than... im TOO hot without a wig at these concerts....

OK then...I'll wear my black and white outfit for LA and my colorful one for oakland.

Hahaha, yes it's getting quite confusing. My real name is Taylor...so, if you want to use that instead...:biggrin2:

Does anyone know how long before each gig they deliver the special posters/VIP passes/etc to the lucky winners for each show? I think some who won for the gigs in Canada and Boston got theirs a few days before their gigs, but am not sure how long before. Anyone know? It'd be really exciting if some of us MFCers win for the LA gig. :roftl:

if i borrowed some of your makeup glue, would that be cool? i'll pay you for it. it's just too late for me to order some of my own:blink:

would be ok for me, but problem is, you'd need the remover as well, and i won't take that with me to the gig. i wouldn't use it without the remover, lol! :bleh: BUT i saw that in this area here (near the venue) there are several costume shops that offer this stuff, so you can get it there. :wink2: and it's even a lot cheaper than the one i bought, pfft, if i had known that! :sneaky2:

arrived in LA this afternoon and really love it so far. ok the hostel is not perfect, but the location is, right in the middle of hollywood, a few metres from walk of fame and several costume shops that sell the most amazing stuff! might get a black+white feather boa there, i love those and theyre only 10$... guess i shouldn't though, it's so warm here that i'll curse having a feather boa around my shoulders on the gig night! :naughty: but they're so pretty and fluffy... :wub2:

they even have a lollipop girl costume - doesn't look anything like mika's lollipop girls (except for the petticoat + blonde hair), but it's called lollipop girl and i found it quite funny! :bleh:

and they also have glow in the dark and blacklight makeup, so we can plan a shopping trip before the gig, lol! :naughty: no moon+stars stickers though, guess i'll have to find a toy shop for those. though i realized that all this glow in the dark stuff is more yellow than white, so maybe something white would be better? hmm... :blink:

would be ok for me, but problem is, you'd need the remover as well, and i won't take that with me to the gig. i wouldn't use it without the remover, lol! :bleh: BUT i saw that in this area here (near the venue) there are several costume shops that offer this stuff, so you can get it there. :wink2: and it's even a lot cheaper than the one i bought, pfft, if i had known that! :sneaky2:

arrived in LA this afternoon and really love it so far. ok the hostel is not perfect, but the location is, right in the middle of hollywood, a few metres from walk of fame and several costume shops that sell the most amazing stuff! might get a black+white feather boa there, i love those and theyre only 10$... guess i shouldn't though, it's so warm here that i'll curse having a feather boa around my shoulders on the gig night! :naughty: but they're so pretty and fluffy... :wub2:

they even have a lollipop girl costume - doesn't look anything like mika's lollipop girls (except for the petticoat + blonde hair), but it's called lollipop girl and i found it quite funny! :bleh:

and they also have glow in the dark and blacklight makeup, so we can plan a shopping trip before the gig, lol! :naughty: no moon+stars stickers though, guess i'll have to find a toy shop for those. though i realized that all this glow in the dark stuff is more yellow than white, so maybe something white would be better? hmm... :blink:

welcome!! :)

Aww you're in my city? :fangurl:

Hope you like it, though it's a little too hot for my taste :sneaky2:

i love the summer temperatures. :wub2: although here in the hostel the air is quite stuffy, i might even miss the air conditioning. or maybe not, at least it's possible to open the windows here, really missed that in vegas. :bleh:

i love the summer temperatures. :wub2: although here in the hostel the air is quite stuffy, i might even miss the air conditioning. or maybe not, at least it's possible to open the windows here, really missed that in vegas. :bleh:

it was actually pretty hot today.... 3 days ago it was raining no stop

good luck yop! hope u get them and see u soon!

i sent an email to sandbag and they said they haven't received the tix yet so they can't despatch them... i asked them to change my order so i can collect mine at the box office the day of the show and they accepted so it's alright :)

and good to know the weather is in a warm phase, i'm arriving on monday...

Edited by Yoppappop

Oh awesome...yeah, we'll just have a mini shopping trip before the gig. :biggrin2:And blacklight makeup? Awesome. Definitely need some of that. That would be better than glow in the dark...white would be better, it would stand out more, and that is definitely the point.

I'm glad you like in the area...it's a bit warm, yes...I'm not a fan of the heat.:blink:

but the blacklight makeup isn't white either, it's neon colours.

yop, if you wanna meet up in LA, let me know. :wink2: i haven't planned for sure yet what i'll be doing, but guess i'll go to universal studios and/or disneyland on one of these days.

but the blacklight makeup isn't white either, it's neon colours.

yop, if you wanna meet up in LA, let me know. :wink2: i haven't planned for sure yet what i'll be doing, but guess i'll go to universal studios and/or disneyland on one of these days.

ooh i have a year pass for disneyland... Hmmm i need to use it! lol

but the only days i can use it are fridays and wednesday.... =P

ooh i have a year pass for disneyland... Hmmm i need to use it! lol

but the only days i can use it are fridays and wednesday.... =P

well, then this week isn't a good idea, as wednesday it's ellen and friday mika gig. :bleh: i'll go on tuesday, though still haven't decided whether i'll do disneyland or universal studios... can't do both, too expensive... would love to do disneyland, but it's 2hrs away (vs 20 mins universal) and 40$ more than universal. difficult decision.

been to the palladium today, it's only about a 10mins walk from where i am. there was a show tonight, ppl were queuing for it at the side entrance. interesting... so looks like we have to be careful on friday about where we start queuing / watch the other entrance as well, just in case.

well, then this week isn't a good idea, as wednesday it's ellen and friday mika gig. :bleh: i'll go on tuesday, though still haven't decided whether i'll do disneyland or universal studios... can't do both, too expensive... would love to do disneyland, but it's 2hrs away (vs 20 mins universal) and 40$ more than universal. difficult decision.

been to the palladium today, it's only about a 10mins walk from where i am. there was a show tonight, ppl were queuing for it at the side entrance. interesting... so looks like we have to be careful on friday about where we start queuing / watch the other entrance as well, just in case.

universal studios is really fun, i've never been to disneyland. shocking, i know...but universal is definitely a good time.

OK, good to know. Is it a nice venue from what you saw? We'll be on top of which entrance to be queuing in front of...nothing to worry about.:biggrin2:

yeah palladium you queuing on the side of it.... where the coffee bean is... u saw it right!

the venue is ok... not my fave at all... seen keane there...the stage is kinda big so a lot of room for people at the front row.. (at the keane show we were squased cause everyone tried to be front :( ) i just cross fingers that the sound will be good this time... (not like when i saw keane)

yeah palladium you queuing on the side of it.... where the coffee bean is... u saw it right!

the venue is ok... not my fave at all... seen keane there...the stage is kinda big so a lot of room for people at the front row.. (at the keane show we were squased cause everyone tried to be front :( ) i just cross fingers that the sound will be good this time... (not like when i saw keane)

Ooh near a coffee bean? Definitely gonna need some of that coffee!:naughty:

Alright, well I guess the stage being pretty big is a good thing...the being squished thing, not so good. Hopefully people wn't try to squish us.:blink: and that the sound will be better.

Ooh, next to a Coffee Bean! Yayness!

I really hope the sound is good. It was quite crappy in Montreal, and it really took away from the whole gig experience. :sneaky2: