Mika in Los Angeles, CA at Palladium Hollywood

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can't believe i'm really going to LA. :wub2: i dreamt of visiting this city for about 18 years, and now i'm finally going AND will see mika there! :woot_jump:

will already arrive on oct 16, so if anyone who lives in the area wants to meet up & show me a bit of the city and/or the nightlife, let me know. :wink2: i'm travelling on my own, which is ok for the usual sightseeing, but i'd be happy to meet some new people already before the mika gigs. :original:

can't believe i'm really going to LA. :wub2: i dreamt of visiting this city for about 18 years, and now i'm finally going AND will see mika there! :woot_jump:

will already arrive on oct 16, so if anyone who lives in the area wants to meet up & show me a bit of the city and/or the nightlife, let me know. :wink2: i'm travelling on my own, which is ok for the usual sightseeing, but i'd be happy to meet some new people already before the mika gigs. :original:

Yay! :boing:

I hope you like it :naughty:

Yay! :boing:

I hope you like it :naughty:

well, my friend, who has travelled the whole world, already told me that LA wasn't really what she expected and that she liked san diego better. :bleh: but i'm still sure that i'll like it - maybe not enough to come back there again and again (though, who knows... :naughty:), but it will definitely be new and exciting for me. :biggrin2:

btw, i forgot, if anyone has a spare ticket for this show (or for oakland), please let me know. :wink2: would be easier for me to buy it from someone who's also there instead of ordering it on the web.

well, my friend, who has travelled the whole world, already told me that LA wasn't really what she expected and that she liked san diego better. :bleh: but i'm still sure that i'll like it - maybe not enough to come back there again and again (though, who knows... :naughty:), but it will definitely be new and exciting for me. :biggrin2:

I think Mana prefers San Diego as well. :naughty:

I like LA because it's a convenient place to live, especially for concerts :groovy:

Cool! Can't wait to meet you!!! :biggrin2::wink2:

btw, i forgot, if anyone has a spare ticket for this show (or for oakland), please let me know. :wink2: would be easier for me to buy it from someone who's also there instead of ordering it on the web.

I think Mana prefers San Diego as well. :naughty:

I like LA because it's a convenient place to live, especially for concerts :groovy:

It depends. San Diego is very suburban, very mellow, a lot slower-paced. LA is a lot more hectic, a lot more gritty, and a lot more glitzy. LA tries SO HARD to be glamorous, and some times it succeeds, and sometimes it's just icky. But that's party of its charm. :naughty:

Mika's absolutely, totally right on the mark when he says LA is a city for making movies and making music. There's a sense in LA from the moment you step off the plane that you're in a city where things happen. I love that about LA. There's a zillion people bustling around, some of the quirkiest people I've ever seen, and they've all got a story and an agenda.

Oh, and the shopping and restaurants in LA are fantastic. :mf_lustslow:

So yeah, LA is where you go when you're young and living life in the fast lane; San Diego is where you go when you've got a spouse and a couple kids and want a peaceful vacation on the beach, building sand castles and watching Shamu at Sea World. :teehee:

Be prepared, though, mellody; I went to southern California for the first time in March 2007, and I got totally, utterly addicted. Santa Monica, one of LA's beachy areas, is probably in my top three favourite places in the world. This upcoming trip will be my eighth trip to LA since March 2007. :blush-anim-cl:

Be prepared, though, mellody; I went to southern California for the first time in March 2007, and I got totally, utterly addicted. Santa Monica, one of LA's beachy areas, is probably in my top three favourite places in the world. This upcoming trip will be my eighth trip to LA since March 2007. :blush-anim-cl:

*rubs hands together like a mad scientist* Hehehehe, that's just our plan to make you move here so that you're closer to us :das::teehee:

Mana, one day, you must come down to my area. I am very convinced that you will fall in love with it also. They are quite seriously the most beautiful beaches. And Laguna Beach is such a cute, quaint town that still has nightlife (and day-life too).

Maybe once I'm older, and if you guys save up money, I can rent you and Andrew a cottage by the beach in Laguna Beach :naughty:

All of MFC should come down... or at least, the Californians haha.

Once I have my own place, you all must come down! :bleh:

There's a sense in LA from the moment you step off the plane that you're in a city where things happen. I love that about LA. There's a zillion people bustling around, some of the quirkiest people I've ever seen, and they've all got a story and an agenda.

Oh, and the shopping and restaurants in LA are fantastic. :mf_lustslow:

Somehow I missed all evidence of this when I was there. All I saw was a rundown Toronto suburb circa 1985 :teehee:

*rubs hands together like a mad scientist* Hehehehe, that's just our plan to make you move here so that you're closer to us :das::teehee:

Mana, one day, you must come down to my area. I am very convinced that you will fall in love with it also. They are quite seriously the most beautiful beaches. And Laguna Beach is such a cute, quaint town that still has nightlife (and day-life too).

Maybe once I'm older, and if you guys save up money, I can rent you and Andrew a cottage by the beach in Laguna Beach :naughty:

I had supper not far from there in July - in Newport Beach. In fact, Andrew almost got a job in Newport Beach. Now that would have been awesome. :wub2:

I would love to live there. We could be beach buddies. :surfing:

Somehow I missed all evidence of this when I was there. All I saw was a rundown Toronto suburb circa 1985 :teehee:

Go there eight times and see more than an airport hotel, and the pavement outside the Roxy. Then maybe you'll understand. :naughty:

Go there eight times and see more than an airport hotel, and the pavement outside the Roxy. Then maybe you'll understand. :naughty:

I thought it was supposed to happen the moment I stepped off the plane? :dunno:

:teehee:

I did see an ice cream truck in Beverly Hills and a beach in Santa Monica. But, er, it still looks like a Toronto suburb.

I thought it was supposed to happen the moment I stepped off the plane? :dunno:

Oh yeah. That's right. :teehee:

But you've got to FEEL it. Free your mind! Embrace the Los Angeles vibe!! :rasta:

:mf_rosetinted:

I did see an ice cream truck in Beverly Hills and a beach in Santa Monica. But, er, it still looks like a Toronto suburb.

You've got this sort of thing in Toronto? Prove it. :naughty:

s_santa-monica-beach.jpg

ds_hb_3.jpg

You've got this sort of thing in Toronto? Prove it. :naughty:

Well for the water/beach scene...

This is about 15 mins from my high school:

2873429474_7b300efbff.jpg

This is about 15 mins from my downtown condo:

800px-Beach_volleyball_at_Ashbridges_Bay_%281%29.jpg

This is the pier outside the Mika venue in Toronto (which is what we mean by middle of nowhere for washrooms and food :naughty:):

3367758399_45908fdc42.jpg

I'm not sure what that other pic is about? Fake chinese buildings? We've got tons of those for sure. Palm trees? No. Shopping and crowds, yes.

yonge.jpg

you think you could bring me a little bit of sand from some of those beautiful beaches? :biggrin2: not much, maybe as much as 2 pieces of sugar from each... but i collect sand from beaches all over the world, and if you're saying that yours are so beautiful, i'd love to see/have a little bit of it! :bleh:

you live closer to it than me though. this addiction would be too expensive for me, can't afford it in addition to my mika addiction. :naughty:

I'm not sure what that other pic is about? Fake chinese buildings? We've got tons of those for sure. Palm trees? No. Shopping and crowds, yes.

ok, although i actually like your pix more than mana's, i'd still choose LA over toronto: i want palm trees! :bleh:

ok, although i actually like your pix more than mana's, i'd still choose LA over toronto: i want palm trees! :bleh:

Oh I don't recommend anyone come to Toronto because it's bland and boring. My point is that LA is just more of the same! :naughty:

EDIT - Not saying this about California in general, just about LA in particular.

does anyone not from LA know where you're gonna be staying ?

Congrats Sunshine :)

Thanks!!!

You know what. I have just bought the album, and after We are Golden and BIOTG, I have changed my mind. I have to see this man again.

:swoon:

What was I thinking? :loco:

haha I knew you would come back to your senses! :naughty:

NOT YAY!! but yay for WHY u r not coming ;)

lol I understood :wink2:

woot woot, hope you have a great time!!!

Well for the water/beach scene...

This is about 15 mins from my high school:

2873429474_7b300efbff.jpg

The catch is that's gotta be summer. My LA beachy pic could have been taken in January when Toronto is burried under 3,063 cm of snow. :teehee:

This is the pier outside the Mika venue in Toronto (which is what we mean by middle of nowhere for washrooms and food :naughty:):

3367758399_45908fdc42.jpg

Okay, you've got me there. I need to bring a proper camera to Toronto. Maybe stash it in someone's car during the show. That's so pretty. :swoon:

BUT it has palm trees! :shun::naughty: i love palm trees! :wub2:

You sound like me! The first time I ever saw one, I gave it a big 'ol hug. The other passengers leaving San Diego's airport looked at me funny. :naughty:

Well you won't be disappointed then!

How are you getting to Oakland?

still working on that... :naughty: well, by plane is the answer, but still have to decide which one, as if i'm taking an early one i have to make sure that i get there in time from wherever i'm staying (which i'm also not sure about yet).

You sound like me! The first time I ever saw one, I gave it a big 'ol hug. The other passengers leaving San Diego's airport looked at me funny. :naughty:

don't remember the first time i saw one, but every time i see one, i behave like a child that sees a christmas tree - like "oooh, look, how fluffy-tufty this palm tree looks!" :naughty: (well i don't say fluffy-tufty, but the german word "puschelig", which means something like that, couldn't find a better translation for it. :bleh:).

so i hope for you guys that i already got used to all the palm trees in LA after a week and won't want to admire each of them when we meet for the mika gigs. :roftl:

don't remember the first time i saw one, but every time i see one, i behave like a child that sees a christmas tree - like "oooh, look, how fluffy-tufty this palm tree looks!" :naughty: (well i don't say fluffy-tufty, but the german word "puschelig", which means something like that, couldn't find a better translation for it. :bleh:).

so i hope for you guys that i already got used to all the palm trees in LA after a week and won't want to admire each of them when we meet for the mika gigs. :roftl:

:lmfao:

Of course you like palm trees! 'Cause they're kinda fluffy! :doh:

"Puschelig" - I like that. You're gonna have to teach me how to pronounce that. :teehee:

And don't worry, I'll be right there admiring the palm trees, too.

These ones are my favourite. I like them better than the super tall, skinny ones:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3101/3162678137_7a34d71cd0.jpg

The catch is that's gotta be summer. My LA beachy pic could have been taken in January when Toronto is burried under 3,063 cm of snow. :teehee:

But then you have to spend the nasty forest-firey stinking hot summer in the air conditioning. It's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. As long as Mika's doing his gigs in early October and not January like last time it's all good. :naughty:

Okay, you've got me there. I need to bring a proper camera to Toronto. Maybe stash it in someone's car during the show. That's so pretty. :swoon:

We could swing by there another night or maybe hit the islands on Sunday or something which is a lot nicer than hanging around outside a club in the docks. The harbour is sheltered by a set of islands and you can get some nice cityscape shots from there.

Mellody I'll PM you about the LA > SFO flight.

you think you could bring me a little bit of sand from some of those beautiful beaches? :biggrin2: not much, maybe as much as 2 pieces of sugar from each... but i collect sand from beaches all over the world, and if you're saying that yours are so beautiful, i'd love to see/have a little bit of it! :bleh:

Haha alrighty! I'd love to :wink2: That's really cool that you collect sand. Its like taking parts of the world with you haha.