• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok my top three at the moment are:

pick up off the floor

loverboy

rain:wub2:

Maybe it's 'cause Blue Eyes is old news compared to most other songs? :blink:

we've known blue eyes since april so of course people are mostly excited for the songs they havent listened to before.

How the hell are we supposed to choose?

Dr John, I See You, Blue Eyes, Good Gone Girl, Touches You, Pick up the floor are my favourite haha. And I love the others too!

I'll go for Dr John. Something special about it :boing:

I have only listened to the album three times so far so it's still early days to name a favourite, and anyway it is so difficult because of the variety of styles!

But at the moment, my fave is Touches You.

After a few more listens I might try and vote in this poll, though it'll be hard to choose.

Yeah, poor Blue Eyes.

Maybe it's 'cause Blue Eyes is old news compared to most other songs? :blink:

we've known blue eyes since april so of course people are mostly excited for the songs they havent listened to before.

yes, it must be the reason... :emot-sad:

and that should explain how only 2 votes went to Toy Boy despite how ecstatic we were about it in April..:blush-anim-cl: Truth is, however, that it is the live version that brings the best out of that song...

I voted for Pick Up Off The Floor, but I think it is I See You that should be the 4th single..

Now I've heard the album I came belting in to vote for Loverboy- but it isn't in the list. Now I'm undecided between Rain, Touches YOu, By the Time, and .... oh lots of them! Except funnily enolugh the two leaders- one foot boy and pick up

i was wonderig why cant we vote for loverboy. lady jane is a bonus track too but we can still vote for it.

Yeh this my bad soorryyyyy , loverboy wasnt part of the listing I saw as it was a "bonus track" ... but in fact its part of the CD

Hmmmm dont think can fix now .. hmmmmmm

<thinks and wakes up>

it's ok. it's not an official poll or anything. the important thing is that we talk about which songs we like the most and as i can see most of us cant pick only one song as their favorite.

Now I've heard the album I came belting in to vote for Loverboy- but it isn't in the list. Now I'm undecided between Rain, Touches YOu, By the Time, and .... oh lots of them! Except funnily enolugh the two leaders- one foot boy and pick up

Lover Boy has really really surprised me. I loathed the demo. But now I just can't hear it without singing along and really getting into it.

Mika and Greg (and Jerry Hey) have done such wonders with that song. The arrangement is quirky and slightly odd but something about the cadence of it and the whole feel of it is irresistible now. It has been the biggest shock of all on the album, for me, and although it's not an official track I think it is the PERFECT closer for the album. After the gorgeous but downbeat PUOTF it rounds off the album in much the same way as the big rousing 'singalong' song does in a musical. That is just genius and I think it should be the official last track on all versions.

Yeh this my bad soorryyyyy , loverboy wasnt part of the listing I saw as it was a "bonus track" ... but in fact its part of the CD

Hmmmm dont think can fix now .. hmmmmmm

<thinks and wakes up>

I think you can, by putting Loverboy instead of Lady Jane - obviously noone is ever going to vote for that one, anyway :cool:

(PS: I mean it's not THAT bad but doubt it would be anyone's favourite, really)

I think you can, by putting Loverboy instead of Lady Jane - obviously noone is ever going to vote for that one, anyway :cool:

(PS: I mean it's not THAT bad but doubt it would be anyone's favourite, really)

Yeh Im trying to do that sunshine , not sure you can edit a poll when its up .. Im on it

<be gentle with me>:naughty:

Lover Boy has really really surprised me. I loathed the demo. But now I just can't hear it without singing along and really getting into it.

Same with me. I couldn't even listen to that demo - hated it so much for different reasons (:sneaky2:)

But the recorded version is different and even the melody has been fixed at the part that used to drive me nuts.

However, perhaps it was always Mika's idea to turn it into this music-hall type of song with ragtime piano ...

well, he definitely chose the right people to work with on that song.:thumb_yello: I love it.:mf_lustslow:

That is just genius and I think it should be the official last track on all versions.

I think it is no coincidence it was replaced with another song on US editions... (you know the story, Walmart wouldn’t sell it...etc :wink2: )

Edited by suzie

It's hard to say yet, but I really love RAIN actually! :thumb_yello:

..but I love the album!!!..and I'm glad Lover Boy is there cause I've always liked the demo...

I love what he says before "Blame it on the Girls"

I DONT KNOW! ITS SOOO GOOOD!

Definately my favourite song is "Pick up off the Floor" for the sadness, the story and how it's something different - Much like Blue eyes - and I think eh has had a similar "Thing" with LICM with "Over my Shoulder" (I find them similar) because they're both slower and quite different than the other songs.

And let's not forgeth how beautiful it is! I love his falsetto-crooning :wub2: