BIOTG video and Jools Holland

babspanky

ONE QUESTION: who directed it? :teehee:

An Irish director called Meiert Avis. He's done videos for a wide range of artists including U2, Avril Lavigne and Bruce Springsteen.

Edited by Blossom

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of had this idea in my head that it would be more of a narrative (and I let the idea run away with me a bit) so that Mika would be kind of haunting this guy and lip syncing along the way. Sort of like when the guy's fixing his hair in the morning Mika appears in the mirror behind him but then the guy turns around and Mika's not there, Mika serves him in a restaurant etc etc and eventually this guy just goes insane because everywhere he goes, Mika's there.

I had an idea similar to that! In my head the intro wouldn't be him speaking about the whole thing, but it actually happening, and Mika kind of... Harassing (for lack of a better word :teehee:) this pretty boy, and him trying to run away, but Mika was just following him. Sounds weird, doesn't it?

I have tons of video ideas, I just can't make them, y'know? Right now I have ideas for: Toyboy, Good Gone Girl and Loverboy.

Maybe I could try to make something, like an animation... Hm...

ah thank you so much for putting it on youtube!

I can't say I really love it though..

I mean, mika looks amaaazing ofcourse :mf_lustslow:

but I just wish there was a bit more of a story in it..

and the dancers don't really dance very uhm whats the word?

synchronized? not all at the same time..

agreed...

do you know I recived your package yesterday and I bloody love it?! :mf_lustslow::wub2::aah: )

Ok...Just arrived, Just seen it here's what I think:

I ADORE the first part until the walls fly. :wub2:

Then...it all gets very Clockwork Orange like (sadly for a short while)...and the girls remind me of Calvin Hariss's videos...

I don't like what his hair looks like...he moves in slow-motion...I love his trousers...

all in all...I think it could've been better! :huh:

Im not the only one who noticed the hair! :pbjt:

i dunno why idont like it... no clue- it bugs me! (that I dont know, not the clip) :aah:

I had an idea similar to that! In my head the intro wouldn't be him speaking about the whole thing, but it actually happening, and Mika kind of... Harassing (for lack of a better word :teehee:) this pretty boy, and him trying to run away, but Mika was just following him. Sounds weird, doesn't it?

I have tons of video ideas, I just can't make them, y'know? Right now I have ideas for: Toyboy, Good Gone Girl and Loverboy.

I'd like to see what you come up with. :wink2:

An Irish director called Meiert Avis. He's done videos for a wide range of artists including U2, Avril Lavigne and Bruce Springsteen.

Oh Thanks! I googled him and noticed he has done "Greatest Day" of Take That which in my opinion was the most monotonuous clip of TT and especially as a first one for their new album was a thumbs-down really. And judging by his other works it's not Mika who was moving in slo-motion tho....it's basically this guy's way of making music videos...

Im not the only one who noticed the hair! :pbjt:

i dunno why idont like it... no clue- it bugs me! (that I dont know, not the clip) :aah:

How could I not! It's the thing I love best about him! Phisically I mean! :teehee:

But not in this clip! :huh:

Ok...am I THE ONLY one who doesn't like the clip? :blink: I just don't I mean...after WAG's dinamism...comes this all so static thing...because it's a jumpy song...

Hope he won't get us to make our own BIOTG vids for a comp! :mf_rosetinted:

First I want to say I like that video. I like the beginning and the screenparts a lot more than the parts with the dancers. But I miss something and don´t know what it is to get the WOW - effect ( do you know what I mean?).

How could I not! It's the thing I love best about him! Phisically I mean! :teehee:

Ok...am I THE ONLY one who doesn't like the clip? :blink: I just don't I mean...after WAG's dinamism...comes this all so static thing...because it's a jumpy song...

yep- his hair looked rediciulous... :naughty:

no, not the only one- something about that dosnt do the song/ Mika justice... I dunno...

I was hoping for a clip with a story base, like some have suggested- Mika huanting someone, or some random hot dude sitting at a bar..

I dunno- abit more story like... :dunno:

Oh Thanks! I googled him and noticed he has done "Greatest Day" of Take That which in my opinion was the most monotonuous clip of TT and especially as a first one for their new album was a thumbs-down really. And judging by his other works it's not Mika who was moving in slo-motion tho....it's basically this guy's way of making music videos...

No, you're not:wink2:

Thanks for uploading it to youtube :flowers2:

To be honest, I like this one much, much better than the WAG video.

That's my opinion too. I really like this one, it's so simple. I absolutely LOVE the intro part, and I love watching his dancing. His outfit and the piano and all pastel colored things look so good together, and I like the background too, there's a lovely old-fashioned feeling. I'm not so sure about dancers or those ribbons (what are they??) but I try to ignore them :naughty: I need to watch it a few more times!

You should definitely have a go at animation, even if you've never done it before the more practice you get the better you'll be at it. It'd be really cool to see what you come up with. :D

I kind of had this idea in my head that it would be more of a narrative (and I let the idea run away with me a bit) so that Mika would be kind of haunting this guy and lip syncing along the way. Sort of like when the guy's fixing his hair in the morning Mika appears in the mirror behind him but then the guy turns around and Mika's not there, Mika serves him in a restaurant etc etc and eventually this guy just goes insane because everywhere he goes, Mika's there.

Jazzy & Fangirl I think you both should write to Mika for future vids.

You two have some really good ideas.

Jazzy do NOT tell Mika about your "bare feet in shoes" & "socks in sandals" theories. Hahaha!:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

Jazzy & Fangirl I think you both should write to Mika for future vids.

You two have some really good ideas.

Jazzy do NOT tell Mika about your "bare feet in shoes" & "socks in sandals" theories. Hahaha!:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

If I'm directing his videos the boy's gonna wear socks with his shoes whether he likes it or not. Unless, of course, they're sandals, flip flops or another type of shoe where barefoot is either expected or acceptable.

I swear, if he ever wears converse with bare feet I will send him an outraged tweet, converse get RUINED by bare feet.

Oh God, it's really become a 'thing' with me hasn't it?

Maybe Fangirl and I should collaborate - I studied Media production for two years and we had a music video unit, together we'll be able to make the best video in the history of videos EVER.

And Mika will stay in shot and NOT wander out.

Did anyone notice during Pick up of the Floor on Jools last night that there was a point where you could see Shakira setting up in the background? And I haven't got a problem with it because you could tell she was making the effort not to disturb anything by the way she was moving and stuff, but I don't think it should have been in shot, I thought that was poor camera scripting.

Perhaps I'm just being picky though, but it does kind of catch your attention and her moving in the background is a distraction.

What you call slow motion is maybe normal for some:blush-anim-cl:....:naughty:

I love the long camera shots, I can watch him and have time to take it all in! I can see the scene behind and around him!

This what I think makes this video unusual compared to others!

Thanks for uploading it to youtube :flowers2:

To be honest, I like this one much, much better than the WAG video.

Yeah, it's more classy....you can watch without feeling like a Peeping Tom!:biggrin2:

I couldn't really take WAG seriously until I heard Mika's own thoughts behind it, I wonder what his thoughts are behind this one?:wub2:

If I'm directing his videos the boy's gonna wear socks with his shoes whether he likes it or not. Unless, of course, they're sandals, flip flops or another type of shoe where barefoot is either expected or acceptable.

I swear, if he ever wears converse with bare feet I will send him an outraged tweet, converse get RUINED by bare feet.

Oh God, it's really become a 'thing' with me hasn't it?

Maybe Fangirl and I should collaborate - I studied Media production for two years and we had a music video unit, together we'll be able to make the best video in the history of videos EVER.

And Mika will stay in shot and NOT wander out.

Did anyone notice during Pick up of the Floor on Jools last night that there was a point where you could see Shakira setting up in the background? And I haven't got a problem with it because you could tell she was making the effort not to disturb anything by the way she was moving and stuff, but I don't think it should have been in shot, I thought that was poor camera scripting.

Perhaps I'm just being picky though, but it does kind of catch your attention and her moving in the background is a distraction.

he should totally make an unofficial BIOTG clip, all produced and made by MFC... actors, director, script writer- everything by MFC, with both your ideas... :naughty:

now there's an idea to suggest!

I call camera woman! :mf_rosetinted: (I love photography, and dont worry- he wont go out of my shots... :naughty: )

where?:blink:

What...what....what about me??? :tears:

I LIVE for directing him a video!!!

he should totally make an unofficial BIOTG clip, all produced and made by MFC... actors, director, script writer- everything by MFC, with both your ideas... :naughty:

:

I'm IN!!! :biggrin2:

It's great that I'm not the only one who doesn't like it!

Can I just say that I've gotten in my PJs and noticed they're pink and grey...:roftl: (with a huge Snoopy on the front)

:teehee:

now there's an idea to suggest!

I call camera woman! :mf_rosetinted: (I love photography, and dont worry- he wont go out of my shots... :naughty: )

where?:blink:

Yay! I hate doing camera work, I had to film our entire Waking up in Vegas video (in Southend, LOL! some people will know where this is, but we were totally pretending it was Vegas) and it was massively cold and I didn't enjoy it. And I hate going through all the white balance, exposure, focus pulling etc etc so that's great that you want that job. (She says as though it'll happen).

But I think he totally SHOULD do that. Maybe we should all tweet him, as to borrow him for a day and we can make a better video than the one that his record company probably paid a shiny (and wasted) penny for.

Oh and it's at some point in PUTOF just over his shoulder.

What...what....what about me??? :tears:

I LIVE for directing him a video!!!

I'm IN!!! :biggrin2:

It's great that I'm not the only one who doesn't like it!

Can I just say that I've gotten in my PJs and noticed they're pink and grey...:roftl: (with a huge Snoopy on the front)

:teehee:

We can co-direct! In fact we should just have a big meeting around a massive table and draw up a story board so everyone gets their input and it's all great and MFC-ified.

Baaaah I had this total vision and then he comes out with that...:( I don't *dislike* it, but...bah. I like his moves and I like how the camera follows him but it just feels a bit slapdash.

as i said before, it's not that bad in the real video. on youtube the sides are cut off. :wink2:

Yeah but I watched it in widescreen on channel 4.

It's one bit, he just moves out of shot and the camera doesn't follow and it looks BAD.

We can co-direct! In fact we should just have a big meeting around a massive table and draw up a story board so everyone gets their input and it's all great and MFC-ified.

I agree! Let's say....29th of March 2010 in Vienna? :mf_rosetinted::lol3:

I would like to be the shrink or something (he'll need it if he'll work with MFC!)...or the make-up girl! :biggrin2::wink2: