BIOTG video and Jools Holland

babspanky

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG LOL. I actually died at the 'Yabba dabba doo'. I was giggling at your little notes, and then that last one just killed me.

But on a more serious note I think it was worth doing because it gives an idea of the kind of vision you have in your head, and it's more or less what I was thinking. I love the little lamps on the table. :wub2:

OMG LOL. I actually died at the 'Yabba dabba doo'. I was giggling at your little notes, and then that last one just killed me.

But on a more serious note I think it was worth doing because it gives an idea of the kind of vision you have in your head, and it's more or less what I was thinking. I love the little lamps on the table. :wub2:

I was like "well I have to make this video worthwhile SOMEHOW" so I added some geeky humour haha. and at least we're on the same boat lolz.

anyways, i have to go to bed, work tomorrow. boo!

Night night, continue this shizzle tomorrow!

x x x

We will absolutely continue this tomorrow. We've actually taken over this thread, hahaha. I'm gonna count the number of pages.

Geeky humour TOTALLY made it by the way.

Sleep tight! Have a silent night!

xx

PUOTF - Jools Holland 29.09.09.

Thank you! :thumb_yello:

Incredibly amazing :wub2::wub2: I can't stop watching it! On a side note, I really love his dimples when he's grinning while singing :wub2:

Edited by Miro

It's so funny- last night, as I was going to sleep after seeing the vid- I thought that the MFC should do our own video.

And today's there's pages on that!

Maybe not to BIOTG but we should have our own videos!

Like maybe if we're really ambitious we could do video's to all the songs on the album- that'll keep us occupied till the next album comes out.

...or something...

Like, the place would be filled with just random people, but Mika would be in the background but he would be noticeable. There would be a storyline going on with particular characters and if the camera pans and Mika goes out of shot, when the camera moves ANOTHER Mika would be there in different clothes/as a different character. So it's like he's the narrator and/or an outsider looking in on the action.

That's awesome! We should have all the same people in every scene and then they just change - Except for the main character

Edited by Aayame

Well I've just watched the video and read this entire thread. I'm not sure how I feel about the video. I LOVE the hat and the cane. I've a bit of a men in hats fetish though :wub2: I like cowboy hats, top hats bowler hats, firemen hats. I just think it's ultra gorgeous and just well you get the idea. :wub2: I do love his hair though but The hat was super cool.

I'm not a fan of the dancers it's just awkward to me anyway. The biggest problem is I had a firm idea of what the video would be in my head already. I had imagined similar to what has already been mentioned. smoky bar cuts to a man well dressed looking like he should be having the time of his life but being pissy about his lot in life. I also hoping for tap dancers. The bridge between verses where the piano plays I always imagine tap dancers. I imagined cus between the pissy bitchy main character of the song and Mika being his handsome dancy, piano playin' self

I think the idea of creating a mock up to present Mika is a fantastic idea. I just worry that he'd be sad that we weren't as happy with the video. Still it's a mighty tempting idea I think we should still go for it.

Edited by CalicoSkies

I quite like the idea of going through different eras as well. Like the camera could pan round the room and all of a sudden it's the 1940's...then 50's...then 60's, 70's...etc...

and at the end the main man could be watching the stage and Mika's playing the piano. And the guy's thinking "huh?" cos he's sure he's seen Mika before and Mika looks at him...and then you see the man's profile and in one corner of the room you can see Mika standing by the wall in one of the previous outfits, then the camera would pan round the man's face to view the other side and there's another Mika in a different outfit....and the man turns around and there are no Mika's there...do you understand what I'm saying?

Okay, I'm off to work, chat laters...

Yeah, maybe each era lasts for a section of the song - like the first verse up until 'Like lovers' is the 20s, and that bit until the Blame iton the girls bit kicks in is the thirties, the chorus is the 40s etc and we work our way up to present day.

That's a jolly nice idea and lets us play around with all the different styles. And the gold credit card can come in a bit later on so it's historically accurate but still there! :naughty:

It's so funny- last night, as I was going to sleep after seeing the vid- I thought that the MFC should do our own video.

And today's there's pages on that!

Maybe not to BIOTG but we should have our own videos!

Like maybe if we're really ambitious we could do video's to all the songs on the album- that'll keep us occupied till the next album comes out.

...or something...

That's awesome! We should have all the same people in every scene and then they just change - Except for the main character

Join them Aayame!

I can't wait for them to start the new vid & let up on the re-doing of the BIOTG vid.

That might be because I really like BIOTG vid & it will be more interesting to see an original creation.

I still think that the BIOTG vid could garner a Grammy nomination.

I know there are people booing me for that statement. Hahaha!

I also can't wait to see what song you guys choose to make the vid.

Good luck & have fun to all involved.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Edited by Kodes100

Don't know if this video has been posted yet...

Really good HD version of Pick Up Off the Floor!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zlYQNo65dU

Oh, wauw!

I hadn't seen it yet (yes, I know, bad fan :teehee::aah: Have so little time to follow it all :roftl:) and the song is (was?) one of my least favourite songs of the album, but live .. this performance .. He's good! :blush-anim-cl:

I had recorded Jools Holland on Sky Plus to watch today, and it was great. I'm on a poor connection til I get home, but I can't wait to watch that HD clip of Pick Up Off The Floor - I thought his performance of that song was fabulous!

Yeah, maybe each era lasts for a section of the song - like the first verse up until 'Like lovers' is the 20s, and that bit until the Blame iton the girls bit kicks in is the thirties, the chorus is the 40s etc and we work our way up to present day.

That's a jolly nice idea and lets us play around with all the different styles. And the gold credit card can come in a bit later on so it's historically accurate but still there! :naughty:

yes yes yes! I like. This should SO happen!

We are divided on what we think of BIOTG Vid.

But I am sure all of us here want the vid & the song to do well.

It is!

At PerezHilton it was posted very early today & already has been viewed 12,452 times.

That is amazing for Mika at PerezHilton!

Lady GaGa's performances on Saturday Night Live have only managed around 550 views.

Also most of the comments at PerezHilton are really positive when usually for Mika they are not.

Perez reminded me of what I was trying to remember why I thought the vid was familiar.

Perez said, "It's Busby Berkeley meets A Clockwork Orange with Katy Perry meets Feist!"

I relate to the Busby Berkeley meets A Clockwork Orange.

Bravo Mika! Kudos!

It SHOULD happen. Hahaha I mustn't get over excited. Ohhhh I want to do it but we wouldn't be able to get Mika in on it. :sad: Maybe we could try and adapt it so we don't need him and maybe give it a go. That'd be fun.

And loathe is a strong word, Caz, I mean, he DOES look pretty in it, surely that's a redeeming quality?

It SHOULD happen. Hahaha I mustn't get over excited. Ohhhh I want to do it but we wouldn't be able to get Mika in on it. :sad: Maybe we could try and adapt it so we don't need him and maybe give it a go. That'd be fun.

And loathe is a strong word, Caz, I mean, he DOES look pretty in it, surely that's a redeeming quality?

Mika is brilliant in the video, it's just everything else :furious: and I made a post in the BIOTG thread about the dancing. Argh.

It would be nice to have Mika there but I doubt he'll turn up haha. Maybe we can kidnap Aurélien and dye his hair brown :teehee: