MIKA @ Hammersmith Apollo, London

dcdeb

I've been supposedly sleeping for the last 2 hours!

Poor father... Never give me unlimited internet access... And coffee. But the coffee was my idea.

I keep have the same dream about this!

Basically, I arrive at the Apollo and there's two lines. One has no one in it, and the other one has about ten people in it.

I was just staring at these two lines, not knowing the difference, until someone tapped me on the shoulder. She said that the one line was for MFCers who wanted to meet Mika, and the other one was for peeps who just wanted to get in early.

I didn't know which one to join, but that girl kinda pulled me into her line. I just stared at her, and she asked me what my username was. I told her, and she went all happy (:blink: why? I dunno...) and said (Get ready...)

"Emma? Hey! Nice to meet you! I'm Jazzy, or if you want, Laura!"

And it's always then when I wake up!

I have weird dreams... :blink:

But anywho! :biggrin2:

Hmm not sure that was Hammersmith you were dreaming about....

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been supposedly sleeping for the last 2 hours!

Poor father... Never give me unlimited internet access... And coffee. But the coffee was my idea.

I keep have the same dream about this!

Basically, I arrive at the Apollo and there's two lines. One has no one in it, and the other one has about ten people in it.

I was just staring at these two lines, not knowing the difference, until someone tapped me on the shoulder. She said that the one line was for MFCers who wanted to meet Mika, and the other one was for peeps who just wanted to get in early.

I didn't know which one to join, but that girl kinda pulled me into her line. I just stared at her, and she asked me what my username was. I told her, and she went all happy (:blink: why? I dunno...) and said (Get ready...)

"Emma? Hey! Nice to meet you! I'm Jazzy, or if you want, Laura!"

And it's always then when I wake up!

I have weird dreams... :blink:

But anywho! :biggrin2:

Emma! Girls of your age shouldn't be drinking, even if it is a Saturday night! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

That's actually so ridiculous. LOL.

Emma! Girls of your age shouldn't be drinking, even if it is a Saturday night! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

That's actually so ridiculous. LOL.

I can't help it! Coffee is soo GOOOOD... Oh, now look what you've done! It's past 1AM and I want COFFEE. Gr... :sneaky2:

Nah, just joking! :roftl:

Well, I'm probably not going to sleep now!

G'night peeps! :bye:

I can't help it! Coffee is soo GOOOOD... Oh, now look what you've done! It's past 1AM and I want COFFEE. Gr... :sneaky2:

Nah, just joking! :roftl:

Well, I'm probably not going to sleep now!

G'night peeps! :bye:

Are you sure it was JUST coffee?

Sleep tight, have a silent night!

:biggrin2:

BTW I just had an email from gigsandtours and they have another date as well as this one for Hammersmith for 1st March 2010. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. They are £27.50 with the booking fee plus £4.80 for transaction fee!

Idk if this is exclusive to gigsandtours. I'll try and find out but there you have it.

BTW I just had an email from gigsandtours and they have another date as well as this one for Hammersmith for 1st March 2010. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. They are £27.50 with the booking fee plus £4.80 for transaction fee!

Idk if this is exclusive to gigsandtours. I'll try and find out but there you have it.

Got a thread for this already.:thumb_yello:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20468

I dunno if thats a good or a bad thing, I just have bad memories of some London gigs now (scarred for life) :sneaky2::wink2:

I know what Sparkly means.

The London gigs can be notorious for him legging it rather than sticking around too long, and everyone battling for his attention before he goes. This is why I'm glad the last ones at Bristol. Should be pretty civilised there.

I don't think that this is what Sparkly meant, Rose :naughty:. I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that she was talking about how rowdy and unfriendly and sometimes even plain nasty the crowd can get, with hundreds of people trying to fight for the good spots :roftl:

I don't think that this is what Sparkly meant, Rose :naughty:. I may be wrong, but I get the feeling that she was talking about how rowdy and unfriendly and sometimes even plain nasty the crowd can get, with hundreds of people trying to fight for the good spots :roftl:

Ah, I understand:thumb_yello:

Yes, it can be a bit stressful down the front. Had a few shunts in the past, worst being at Bloomsbury. And it can be worse if some have been on the ale for most of the night, which concerns me for this one, as it's Sunday. Some people will have a few drinkies before hand, and may get a bit rowdy. Guess all we can do is weather the storm:sneaky2:

Yes, it can be a bit stressful down the front. Had a few shunts in the past, worst being at Bloomsbury. And it can be worse if some have been on the ale for most of the night, which concerns me for this one, as it's Sunday. Some people will have a few drinkies before hand, and may get a bit rowdy. Guess all we can do is weather the storm:sneaky2:

Not necessarily, many people may have work at 9 o'clock the next morning, so drinks would probably be avoided. No one wants to face the Monday morning blues with a hangover as well.

Hopefully we can stick it out, and anyone who tries any funny business will get told where to go.

OMG, should I be scared? I'm only little, am I going to get trampled to death in the stampede, LOL :shocked:? (Actually, I may be small but I sure can be fierce when I need to be!! :wink2:)

so, what about the idea of "organizing" smthg for the queuing (CF a few pages before this one :wink2:). Is it still actual or do we forget this idea?? (I know it's really really early, but I'm curious and need to give some "news" about it on the french forums :aah:so that people can see we're really trying to figure this out :biggrin2:)

I think everyone's still up for it but we haven't started working out the details yet because it's still a good 4 months away.

Shall we all agree on a general time which Nanou can pass on? That way it's done and dusted and people making arrangements can make them based on the time we decide.

OMG, should I be scared? I'm only little, am I going to get trampled to death in the stampede, LOL :shocked:? (Actually, I may be small but I sure can be fierce when I need to be!! :wink2:)

You and me both:wink2:

so, what about the idea of "organizing" smthg for the queuing (CF a few pages before this one :wink2:). Is it still actual or do we forget this idea?? (I know it's really really early, but I'm curious and need to give some "news" about it on the french forums :aah:so that people can see we're really trying to figure this out :biggrin2:)

Yes we must start thinking about working something out for a system.

I know we've got plenty of time to do it, but I have the impression that it won't be that easy to find a good way to organize this :blink:... don't you?? :teehee:

Yes, I've been thinking, this is on a Sunday, so some people may get there early, who aren't with any of the fan clubs.

It might be a good idea to be there for 1pm, just to see if anyone else is there. If not go to Starbucks til 2pm, and then we all go over together.

well... according to what I've heard so far, it's not that easy.... because people want to be sure not to be the last ones if we all arrive at the same time....

how are we going to "organize" the queue if we all come at the same time???

And moreover, even some people from each different fan clubs are going to come very early to the venue, and they do not want to be judged as "the bad ones" or the "stupid ones", because it's their right to come early and spend the all day waiting outside the venue! do you see what I mean?

I'm totally up for this! but I'm afraid of seeing this ending in a big fight between people coming at 1pm and people coming earlier if everybody wants to reach the front rows inside....:mf_rosetinted:

so, if we find a solution to avoid that, it'll be really welcomed!!!

EDIT: i'm up to bed, but I'll be back tomorrow with fresh ideas!

Edited by Nanou

well... according to what I've heard so far, it's not that easy.... because people want to be sure not to be the last ones if we all arrive at the same time....

how are we going to "organize" the queue if we all come at the same time???

And moreover, even some people from each different fan clubs are going to come very early to the venue, and they do not want to be judged as "the bad ones" or the "stupid ones", because it's their right to want to come early and spend the all day waiting outside the venue! do you see what I mean?

I'm totally up for this! but I'm afraid of seeing this ending in a big fight between people coming at 1pm and people coming earlier if everybody wants to reach the front rows inside....:mf_rosetinted:

so, if we find a solution to avoid that, it'll be really welcomed!!!

Like you say, it is their right to get there whatever time they want, but also, why not get there later, so they can have a relaxing morning, where it will no doubt be a lot warmer in a cafe somewhere nearby.

This is the problem, some think it's their right to be at the front of the queue, and no one should question it and accept it. But if we all thought like that, we'll be back to the nonsense queueing we've had before. And this is what we're trying to avoid.

If we're sensible about it, we should have a good day, it's just when some want to ignore the good sense, that it gets silly.

I totally agree with that!

But we still have to "convince" them that they won't "miss smthg" if they come later....and I don't think we'll be able to get everybody to come at 1pm...

as it is a "1st try", people will still have a doubt about it working or not, and they will come early just to be sure not to miss anything or find themself n°50in the queue... and, at the moment, I can't see how we're going to avoid that... :blink:

except if we have people "relaying" outside to explain to people arriving that their won't be any number given in the queue before 1 or 2 pm and that they're free to do whatever the want in the morning.... or smthg like this... but still: who has the right to organize the queue and who hasn't?? we'll probably end up with differents queue depending on when people arrived at the venue and that won't change anything...

Could you assign people to hand out numbers for an hour at a time. So get somebody to turn up at 11am with the queue numbers. Anybody already in the queue gets given a number and told to come back at 2pm, then continue handing out the numbers as people arrive. People can then go off and do what they want and come back at 2pm (if not back by 2.30pm though they would lose their place). So you'd need somebody to do 11 - 12, then 12 - 1 and 1 - 2

Could you assign people to hand out numbers for an hour at a time. So get somebody to turn up at 11am with the queue numbers. Anybody already in the queue gets given a number and told to come back at 2pm, then continue handing out the numbers as people arrive. People can then go off and do what they want and come back at 2pm (if not back by 2.30pm though they would lose their place). So you'd need somebody to do 11 - 12, then 12 - 1 and 1 - 2

you know, the problem is that people not part of MFC will not accept this system, so if they decide to queue from 1pm, there is no way you can persude them to move back as there were already people there at 11am..

:cool:

:naughty: When I suggested agreeing on something, I didn't really have any expectations that it would work. It's just a case of too many people wanting the same thing, and that is just not manageable, unless EVERYONE there (which is impossible) agrees on a system where queue order numbers are allocated based on something.

Even everyone getting there together at a certain time is not going to work, because, as someone mentioned (was it Nanou?), how do we then assign numbers? Everyone (logically) wants the lower numnbers in a queue and if there are 40 people bunched up in one group that gets there at the same time, who is number 1 and who is nr 40? And what is this decision based on?

Experience tells me that, even though many claim that they don't mind which spot they are in, when it REALLY comes to it nobody wants to be the higher number (heck, I don't), and that this is where the problems and bitching and fighting start.

So yes, IMO this is an issue that has no resolution. The only "solution" is a lower concentration of hardcore fans at a GA gig, which is clearly not happening here. This is why it always baffles me that so many people always want to go to the London gigs. These are (again, in my experience) always by far the worst of the lot, because the amount of crap that surrounds them is just unbelievable.

Anyway, I'm not trying to discourage anyone from trying to sort this out or organise it, but just saying that I don't think that it will work and that people will just do whatever they want to do, as usual. And to be honest, unless there was an established "official" system to allocate queuing spots, like for example the order in which people bought the tickets or something like that, this queuing situation will be unavoidable. Which obviously sucks, especially in February.

And on top of this, from the last Hammersmith gig I recall that there were a few doors opening at the same time, and it didn't really make a huge difference what order people were in the queue, in the sense that getting in first didn't automatically guarantee the best spot in the venue. It's all down to pot luck and the circumstances on the day, which is why I really wish that in "hotspots" like London for example Mika would do allocated seating venues like he did in the summer, to avoid all this crap. And this is why I got myself a seat for the March 1st gig :biggrin2:. I won't need to do any 'fighting' and it will be a stress free experience. Work during the day is stressful enough :naughty:.