MIKA @ Hammersmith Apollo, London

dcdeb

He'll use his silver umbrella as a shield. OMG I took one of my cards out of my purse today and a bunch of confetti fell out - how ridiculous is that?

And I totally agree about the limo thing, maybe we should roll out the red carpet as well and be sipping champagne as we waltz in. :aah:

Oh I love it! And totally snub the Mika crew :aah: and be all like "we're only here for the Champers daaarrhhhling"

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we can convince people to ditch the early queueing for the sake of comedy? Maybe we SHOULD hide out in Starbucks until well after he's arrived.

Maybe practical jokes on Mika are the solution to all problems. :naughty:

I was gonna suggest Bar38, but I think that's the first place he'd look!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I was gonna suggest Bar38, but I think that's the first place he'd look!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I don't care where we go as long as there are chairs and heating.

And actually, Starbuck's hot chocolate is a bit ropey. :shun:

We should totally take over an entire coffe shop/pub/other kind of refreshment establishment.

We should totally take over an entire coffe shop/pub/other kind of refreshment establishment.

We could easily do it with the numbers.

The last time we took over Bar38, was one of the best nights of my life, it rocked.:thumb_yello:

We could easily do it with the numbers.

The last time we took over Bar38, was one of the best nights of my life, it rocked.:thumb_yello:

Yeah, I think it's definitely something to consider because gigs take a LOT out of you and if you're driving back straight after you need to be careful and you need to have energy for the gig to enjoy it as much as possible.

And especially as it's in February when the weather's not so good.

If we can get everyone to agree to it then that'd be excellent, and then when we head over, number 1 starts queueing behind the crazies who have been out all night or since 6am.

Mika needs to do a UK tour in the summer. FFS! I hate the cold :(

That's what I'm waiting for!:mf_rosetinted:

But on the other hand, waiting for the bus to Stanstead the night in June after Sadler's Wells, when we had missed the train, it was really cold and rainy, I have never been so cold in the middle od summer even in my own country!:blink:

yeah, and have all the Mika music going on inside, and Mika will come in ane be like "hey! Party at Hammersmith! With me! *jazz hands*" and we'll all be like "actually, we're having a party HERE. Go do your gig, we'll be here, come join us later!"

yeah, and have all the Mika music going on inside, and Mika will come in ane be like "hey! Party at Hammersmith! With me! *jazz hands*" and we'll all be like "actually, we're having a party HERE. Go do your gig, we'll be here, come join us later!"

LOL How quickly d'you think we'll be thrown out if in the middle of the day we turn a coffe shop into...well, if it ended up being like the Ground Floor Bar did when WAG was released.

People would actually cross over the other side of the road!

The thing with Hammersmith Apollo is that wherever you stand you actually get a good view because the floor is sloped. I don't know if I dare say this as I think you all want to be in the front row. But if anybody is not wanting to queue for hours and not wanting to be right at the front, then I know from past experience that you can turn up at doors open time (ish) and still get a decent position and have a good time. I have this position in the middle of the room that I think is the optimum position on the sloped floor (as I've never been able to queue early).

Anyway, I've got seats this time! Not usually my thing, but thought I'd treat the children. Will be standing at Brighton (where you really do need to be near the front to see!)

LOL How quickly d'you think we'll be thrown out if in the middle of the day we turn a coffe shop into...well, if it ended up being like the Ground Floor Bar did when WAG was released.

People would actually cross over the other side of the road!

Well ,bar 38 wasn't exactly a lot calmer than that......:naughty:

Well ,bar 38 wasn't exactly a lot calmer than that......:naughty:

You look like you were having a great time....:thumb_yello:

:groovy:

I was thinking where I was but then I remembered I was at home reading notification mail that the gig I was about to fly out to would be cancelled...:boxed:

:naughty: