MIKA @ Hammersmith Apollo, London

dcdeb

WOW that actually looks epic. What did the owners think?

The barman was a star, when he realised why we where there, he just kept putting Mika videos on all night.:naughty:

And it was a bonus when Martin came in and had a drink with us, he was funny.:roftl:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The barman was a star, when he realised why we where there, he just kept putting Mika videos on all night.:naughty:

And it was a bonus when Martin came in and had a drink with us, he was funny.:roftl:

Aww that's so nice. I was SO close to swapping tickets with my friend who was going to the Tuesday gig but only didn't because I had a driving test on the Wednesday. You can imagine how glad I was that I went on the Sunday.

I ACTUALLY would have murdered him.

I didn't see him for about a year and one of the first things he asked me was 'so, you seen Mika lately?' and it was exactly one month since Sadler's Wells. :roftl: He was jealous cos he knew nothing about it.

dont go that we gave eveyone the hump :blink:

:naughty:

Yes - I saw the discussion. We could agree amongst ourselves not to queue early - but I know there will some non-MFCers who will be there early - and deep down everyone wants to be in the front row so others will weaken .....

Yes - I saw the discussion. We could agree amongst ourselves not to queue early - but I know there will some non-MFCers who will be there early - and deep down everyone wants to be in the front row so others will weaken .....

got it in one :thumb_yello: its just life :blink:

Well ,bar 38 wasn't exactly a lot calmer than that......:naughty:

OMG the big girl one, damn, how drunk was i?! :shocked::lmao:

too bad that they're closing at 11 pm... maybe we can rent the bar for a private party after 11 pm? :das: but i'd also be up for a meeting there on saturday night - if it closes at 11 pm, it won't be a problem with the queuing. :bleh:

and about the queuing, i also really hate getting up early for it, and i hate the cold. i love queuing with MFCers, tbh if i could sleep in and it was nice+warm weather, i might even prefer it to a seated gig where everyone will turn up only when the doors open. but having to arrive early in the morning and standing all day in the freezing cold to get a front row spot is just mad, i agree with that. the problem with all your plans is, that it's not just MFCers who are going. there are other forums, and they will do their own thing. if it was just MFC, i'd definitely be up for a "don't arrive before a certain time"-agreement. but you won't get the others to do it, and that's why i don't think it would work. :dunno:

but i certainly won't arrive there at 6 am or even spend the night there - if that was necessary to get a front row spot, that wouldn't be worth it for me!

Well ,bar 38 wasn't exactly a lot calmer than that......:naughty:

Ah sweet memories!:wub2:

It was the first time I met all lovely MFCers!:blush-anim-cl:

When Jemma and Caz suddenly appeared in their big girls costumes and danced around it was a true highlight of the evening!:wub2:

OMG the big girl one, damn, how drunk was i?! :shocked::lmao:

too bad that they're closing at 11 pm... maybe we can rent the bar for a private party after 11 pm? :das: but i'd also be up for a meeting there on saturday night - if it closes at 11 pm, it won't be a problem with the queuing. :bleh:

and about the queuing, i also really hate getting up early for it, and i hate the cold. i love queuing with MFCers, tbh if i could sleep in and it was nice+warm weather, i might even prefer it to a seated gig where everyone will turn up only when the doors open. but having to arrive early in the morning and standing all day in the freezing cold to get a front row spot is just mad, i agree with that. the problem with all your plans is, that it's not just MFCers who are going. there are other forums, and they will do their own thing. if it was just MFC, i'd definitely be up for a "don't arrive before a certain time"-agreement. but you won't get the others to do it, and that's why i don't think it would work. :dunno:

but i certainly won't arrive there at 6 am or even spend the night there - if that was necessary to get a front row spot, that wouldn't be worth it for me!

This is what I was thinking, that there would be some who wouldn't go along with it and insist on doing the ridiculous early queueing.

I've got my ticket, YYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! Having ummed and aaahed about whether to go for seated or standing for a nano-second (I thought it rather civilised being able to rock up at 6.30pm and have an allocated seat at Sadlers) I decided almost immediately to go for standing this time round.

I seemed to spend most of the gig at Sadlers standing and dancing anyway (with my kids constantly telling me to sit down as I was embarassing them, LOL - this time I'm going alone so I can be as fangurly as I like!!) and I could see all the MFC'ers at the front standing and dancing and having a blast so it was a no-brainer this time round to go for standing at Hammersmith. Thing is, I'm so short, if I don't get to the front I won't see a bloody thing!! I loved being at the front at Latitude - it was awesome!!!

I'm also really looking forward to meeting you guys! :biggrin2:

I'm a bit dissapointed.

I bought a ticket on Wednesday through mikasounds.

I was wondering if there were any seated tickets on the general sale.

As tickemaster was "forbidden" at work yesterday, I went on gigsandtours and seetickets and there were no seated tickets.

A friend of mine who would like to come to the gig texted me this morning and asked me to buy her a ticket.

I went to ticketmaster and at my surprise there are selling seated tickets. I bought two tickets for my friend and me but we are Row V :-(

Do you know why only website is selling seated tickets?

I'm a bit dissapointed.

I bought a ticket on Wednesday through mikasounds.

I was wondering if there were any seated tickets on the general sale.

As tickemaster was "forbidden" at work yesterday, I went on gigsandtours and seetickets and there were no seated tickets.

A friend of mine who would like to come to the gig texted me this morning and asked me to buy her a ticket.

I went to ticketmaster and at my surprise there are selling seated tickets. I bought two tickets for my friend and me but we are Row V :-(

Do you know why only website is selling seated tickets?

same here: bought a tick on MS - didn't know there were seated tickets either

yesterday I managed to get a row B, but i bought just one ticket for me i'm not sitting next to my sister

why don't they sell them on MS a well?

or at least why don't they say there are also seated places?

This is what I was thinking, that there would be some who wouldn't go along with it and insist on doing the ridiculous early queueing.

I've only quickly had a look at the general debate about people coming too early and freezing the entire day waiting for the doors to open!! And I have to say that I totally agree with the theory saying that coming too early is quite stupid.... mainly because "normal" people will never do that...so we just find ourselves, we Mika fans, competiting with each others in order to get a front row place...wich is kind of a nonsense...

Anyway, I have to admit that I've only queued once, at the itunes gig this summer, and that I've found it lovely because I met so many people there...but it was in the summer, and the weather was really nice!! It was not that difficult to stay outside chatting with each other (and sunburning as far as I'm concerned :biggrin2:).

Nevertheless, I do find the idea of a decided time for coming quite good!!

As I'm part of the "Mika France" forum too, I'll tell people there not to come too early and to respect the meeting time which will be decided, if there is one! (and even lock them in their hotel room if it's necessary :roftl:).

As for other french forums, like the Mikawebsite for instance, I can contact them to explain them the idea and try to convince them to respect this too! (unless anybody from this forum reads this and can explain the idea on their forum, which will be a better issue for sure!)

I can't ensure you that everybody will respect that, but I can still try as hard as I can to convince them!!!

I Thing is, I'm so short, if I don't get to the front I won't see a bloody thing!! I loved being at the front at Latitude - it was awesome!!!

I'm short as well, being only 5". I'm like, an inch smaller than Cherisse lol :naughty:

Looking forward to meeting you too! :biggrin2:

I've only quickly had a look at the general debate about people coming too early and freezing the entire day waiting for the doors to open!! And I have to say that I totally agree with the theory saying that coming too early is quite stupid.... mainly because "normal" people will never do that...so we just find ourselves, we Mika fans, competiting with each others in order to get a front row place...wich is kind of a nonsense...

Anyway, I have to admit that I've only queued once, at the itunes gig this summer, and that I've found it lovely because I met so many people there...but it was in the summer, and the weather was really nice!! It was not that difficult to stay outside chatting with each other (and sunburning as far as I'm concerned :biggrin2:).

Nevertheless, I do find the idea of a decided time for coming quite good!!

As I'm part of the "Mika France" forum too, I'll tell people there not to come too early and to respect the meeting time which will be decided, if there is one! (and even lock them in their hotel room if it's necessary :roftl:).

As for other french forums, like the Mikawebsite for instance, I can contact them to explain them the idea and try to convince them to respect this too! (unless anybody from this forum reads this and can explain the idea on their forum, which will be a better issue for sure!)

I can't ensure you that everybody will respect that, but I can still try as hard as I can to convince them!!!

I love you:wub2:

Do what you can, it will make things so much easier if we start the queueing at say, 2pm.

That way we can all meet up for lunch at say 12pm and hav a nice relaxing afternoon.

I've got my ticket, YYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! Having ummed and aaahed about whether to go for seated or standing for a nano-second (I thought it rather civilised being able to rock up at 6.30pm and have an allocated seat at Sadlers) I decided almost immediately to go for standing this time round.

I seemed to spend most of the gig at Sadlers standing and dancing anyway (with my kids constantly telling me to sit down as I was embarassing them, LOL - this time I'm going alone so I can be as fangurly as I like!!) and I could see all the MFC'ers at the front standing and dancing and having a blast so it was a no-brainer this time round to go for standing at Hammersmith. Thing is, I'm so short, if I don't get to the front I won't see a bloody thing!! I loved being at the front at Latitude - it was awesome!!!

You went to Latitude too?

Did you meet him after?

I too am one of the shorties, so try to make sure I get as close to the front as I can. It's hard if you get stuck amongst all the tall people:shocked:

Do what you can, it will make things so much easier if we start the queueing at say, 2pm.

That way we can all meet up for lunch at say 12pm and hav a nice relaxing afternoon.

I love your enthousiasm :biggrin2:

I'll spread the word on the french forums!! It's a lovely idea to meet up for lunch!!! I'm totally in!! I'll do my best!

(but is it sure that everybody in here will do the same?? it's not that I don't trust you, just that i don't won't people to hate me if we come for lunch and find out that we're the last to arrive... I guess you can see my point here... :blink:). Anyway, we still have lots of time to organize this 'til february don't we :biggrin2:?

I love your enthousiasm :biggrin2:

I'll spread the word on the french forums!! It's a lovely idea to meet up for lunch!!! I'm totally in!! I'll do my best!

(but is it sure that everybody in here will do the same?? it's not that I don't trust you, just that i don't won't people to hate me if we come for lunch and find out that we're the last to arrive... I guess you can see my point here... :blink:). Anyway, we still have lots of time to organize this 'til february don't we :biggrin2:?

I think a lot of people here would prefer not to queue early, the Sadlers Wells show proved that, we were all so relaxed and it made for a much better evening.

Like you say, we have a few months to plan, so if we all get together and come to an agreement we can have a fun day, before the gig.:thumb_yello:

oh, jolly good idea!! another MFC lunch, like milano! :yay: esp. if the MFC party is set for sat. when I haven't arrived in london yet.. :sneaky2:

pls, smt on sunday too.. :blush-anim-cl:

oh, jolly good idea!! another MFC lunch, like milano! :yay: esp. if the MFC party is set for sat. when I haven't arrived in london yet.. :sneaky2:

pls, smt on sunday too.. :blush-anim-cl:

The problem with Sunday after the gig, is most bars will be shut, by the time Mika comes out and does whatever. So I don't know what we could do, tbh.

I completely agree with all of you that that reducing the queue (especially because it'll be February :naughty:) would be great!

I think it's really hard to organize something like this..but I'd be totally up for it!! :thumb_yello:

I don't think it's that hard to organise, just people having the common sense to not go so early.

And there's lots of places round Hammersmith to have lunch, little cafes and pubs and bars that do lunches. There's even the Kings Mall (where I park every time I go to London) that has a food court.

The problem with Sunday after the gig, is most bars will be shut, by the time Mika comes out and does whatever. So I don't know what we could do, tbh.

I'm arriving midday sunday, so if I am on time, I'll defo join the lunch. :thumb_yello:

as for the party on sunday eve, I'll just go back to my hotel then.. :tears: (still up for thr lift if you have the van in reach BTW.. :biggrin2::teehee:).

I'm arriving midday sunday, so if I am on time, I'll defo join the lunch. :thumb_yello:

as for the party on sunday eve, I'll just go back to my hotel then.. :tears: (still up for thr lift if you have the van in reach BTW.. :biggrin2::teehee:).

Your chariot will be there:thumb_yello: