MIKA @ Hammersmith Apollo, London

dcdeb

Of course this idea is really good !!

Everybody prefers enjoy the day, chat in a bar, sightseeing during the morning than spending the whole day queuing.

Like Sara and Rose said, let's manage that all together. We obviously want the same on the french forums :wink2:

Even if I think it'll be complicated and that you can't change some people's behaviour... but if the majority plays the game, why not !

You have time to plan that ! Glad some voices start to express themselves about this problem. I was also surprised to see people talking about arriving times already :blink: even in the French Forum...

I don't go to the London gig because I had a bad memory of the queuing thing the 28th at Brixton. It was my second gig, but the first one as a real fan.... and this time, I don't want to go to a London gig because of that... That's why I choose Glasgow that I wanted to discover too. :naughty:

Hope everything will be ok !

I know it's early to talk about that now but if Rose or anybody else needs someone from the Mikawebsite to talk with about that, don't esitate to PM me :wink2: It coud be nice to see that we can finally work together...:blush-anim-cl:

Wow. Great post Deb :thumb_yello:. Would be perfect if we all could work together. We are all Mika fans after all :original:. Somehow I have this image in my mind now of Mika arriving early at the venue and thinking: WTF, where are my fans :biggrin2:?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course this idea is really good !!

Everybody prefers enjoy the day, chat in a bar, sightseeing during the morning than spending the whole day queuing.

Like Sara and Rose said, let's manage that all together. We obviously want the same on the french forums :wink2:

Even if I think it'll be complicated and that you can't change some people's behaviour... but if the majority plays the game, why not !

Thats great to hear Deb:thumb_yello:

If we manage to organize this we will all enjoy the day even more.

If you stay at this one, just stick with us and you'll get there and back okay:thumb_yello:

With chips:naughty:

Battersea travelodge it is then :thumb_yello:. Does anyone know if a travelodge can be booked from abroad (and does anyone wants to share a room with me)?

I think it is possible:thumb_yello:

Is Shady coming as well or just you?

I am booking a family room at Battersea and would have one space free

I think I have half a space................Rose is only small:naughty:

here I'am again :biggrin2:

People have already pointed out some interesting points on other forums:

- in a general point of view, everybody seems to find that it's a good idea!! and, as deb already mentionned earlier, the fact that this will kind of group people is really welcomed!

- obviously, there are some people who do not want to take part to this and start queuing early in the morning "as we always do". And, these people are, with good reasons according to me, afraid of being judged and badly percieved by others... My point here is that it has to be very clear that we will not force anybody to follow this idea.... moreover, some people are afraid that this will kind of produce bad relationship between people instead of grouping mika's fans together...and here again, i can see what they're afraid of...

- the idea of a lunch together is quite well percieved too... but there are obviously some questions of organisation to resolve! we'll be quite a lot, so we won't be able to go in any restaurant or bar and say "Hi, we'd like a table for 60 people please" :aah:. And maybe, in order to respect everybody's purse, it would be better to think of a drink together instead of a lunch....

- then comes THE big problem: how are we going to organise things when we'll arrive at Hammersmith to start queuing?? I mean, if we all go together, their will necessarily be first and last ones if we start giving numbers then... because people will come all together (and we're all going to be number one :roftl:)...we can not obviously all be at 1st row (depending on how many people will take part to the lunch/drink session :biggrin2:).

- and what will we then do with people who are not part of any forum, and won't be aware of the meeting decided at 12p.m. (or whatever)?

the one thing is that we'll have to maintain the idea of giving numbers to people, because otherwise, at the moment, i can't see how this could work... But, we can not follow the rule of "first to come, first served" if there are already people queuing since the early morning.... Unless we organise things and always have people there to give numbers to the ones arriving...so that they can then be free to do whatever they want and come back later to start queuing, knowing the already have a certain number and a certain chance to be at the front row....(and we will then have to be sure that everybody will respect that...)

To be honest, as thinking of a way to organise this only started yet, it seems quite difficult to find a solution that fits everybody.... but, as I'm an optimistic person :biggrin2:, i'm sure we can find a way to do it!!:thumb_yello:

I've also booked a room at Battersea Travelodge so if anyone needs to share then let me know...Blimey, at this rate we'll take over the whole hotel, LOL!

Does anyone know, will it be okay for us to check-in so late in the evening (after the gig)? Don't want to potentially end up losing my room 'cos they think I'm a 'no-show' so wondering if I should pay the supplement to be able to check in early...? What's everyone else doing?

I booked a room too ... mainly cos' it says it's nearly full .. and well ... it's only £12.00 ... but I booked for 3 people - so I have room if anyone is interested :wink2:

sorry for the ignorance, but where is this place..? :blink:

I've also booked a room at Battersea Travelodge so if anyone needs to share then let me know...Blimey, at this rate we'll take over the whole hotel, LOL!

Does anyone know, will it be okay for us to check-in so late in the evening (after the gig)? Don't want to potentially end up losing my room 'cos they think I'm a 'no-show' so wondering if I should pay the supplement to be able to check in early...? What's everyone else doing?

I think once you've booked in, you can check in whenever, maybe call them let them know, then they'll have it on their computer:thumb_yello:

I think we should have shares in Travelodge by now, it seems to be the MFC hotel:roftl::roftl::roftl:

I'm new, but I'll be going :original: My first Mika gig, and my first gig where I'll be alone!

I'm excited already...

Hey there Jen, as Silver said you definately won't be alone! Please don't be shy, come and introduce yourself on the day. :thumb_yello:

I'm new, but I'll be going :original: My first Mika gig, and my first gig where I'll be alone!

I'm excited already...

Hammersmith in 2008 was my first Mika gig ... I was too shy to speak to anyone as well as I was on my own ... Please do come and say hi to whoever ... as they and we don't bite ... I've learnt this since :wink2:

Everyone's really lovely :thumb_yello:

Just have to swallow your nerves abit :boing:

I'm excited too .... :wub2: