MIKA @ Hammersmith Apollo, London

dcdeb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are making "improvements" ready for 2012. Unfortunately it has been ****ing up everyone's weekends since 2009

:aah: Like Blackfriars. That's not opening till next year and I think that's been closed since last year.

Hmm...I've just looked at my tube map because im staying at the battersea travelodge. The station nearest my hotel is Clapham Junction, so in order to get there I need to get the district line at Hammersmith, go to west Brompton and get the overground, right? Does anyone know how long that will take? It will take me about 10minutes walking from Clapham Junction to my hotel...

I went to victoria - eventually ... take train from there ... it's only about 10 mins if that ... :)

Twas easy apart from the fact that nothing tubewise is going from Liverpool Street - very limited service on the Central line. Taxi queues are really bad too ... just letting you know ... I waited over 40 mins for a cab at Liverpool Street :aah:

:huglove:

but seriously, look on the tube map! clapham doesn't go to victoria...http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/standard-tube-map.pdf

Thats cos it is a proper train not "overground" or underground like the ones from liverpool street that go to essex

Thats cos it is a proper train not "overground" or underground like the ones from liverpool street that go to essex

I'm so confused. I need to go to Victoria via district line and get on a proper train? :blink: how long would that take me, and how long would the tube take me?

Me and Monie are already at the venue ... there is no queue ... We can't leave now though as there seems to be no tube or much of it .... least we'll have good spots .... someone is gonna bring us a heater later :wink2:

:teehee:

Laurel - it is tomorrow, isn't it? :shocked:That's what my ticket says :thumb_yello:

Laurel - it is tomorrow, isn't it? :shocked:That's what my ticket says :thumb_yello:

Yes ... it's ok ... We've bought a tent now ... we're sorted ... I'm number one in the queue ... I'm number one in the queue :boing:

Yes ... it's ok ... We've bought a tent now ... we're sorted ... I'm number one in the queue ... I'm number one in the queue :boing:

Wohooooo!!! I was going to get there lateish tomorrow, but I figured that, as I'm already a bit sick, I may as well just go the whole hog and join you guys. Just got a sleeping bag from Argos and will be there in a couple of hours. Save me a spot!!!!

This is gonna be fun :biggrin2:

Wohooooo!!! I was going to get there lateish tomorrow, but I figured that, as I'm already a bit sick, I may as well just go the whole hog and join you guys. Just got a sleeping bag from Argos and will be there in a couple of hours. Save me a spot!!!!

This is gonna be fun :biggrin2:

Save me one too! :teehee:

can someone PLEASE explain this whole train from victoria to clapham junction please? Or buses?

Why are you staying in Clapham Junction anyway? Wouldn't you be halfway home by the time you get to CJ after the gig? :naughty:

You take a Southwest train from CJ to Victoria.

http://www.southwesttrains.co.uk/

can someone PLEASE explain this whole train from victoria to clapham junction please? Or buses?

It's very easy. There are many trains that go from victoria to clapham junction all the time, and it takes only a few minutes. Just get your travelcard/ticket as usual and once you're in victoria, look at the boards for trains stopping at Clapham. I very often see them go from platforms 9, 10 and 11 but I'm sure that they go from plenty more.

It's very easy. There are many trains that go from victoria to clapham junction all the time, and it takes only a few minutes. Just get your travelcard/ticket as usual and once you're in victoria, look at the boards for trains stopping at Clapham. I very often see them go from platforms 9, 10 and 11 but I'm sure that they go from plenty more.

okay thanks Sara!

On a different topic..:

What's the congestion charge?

How much is the carpark opposite the venue?

What time does the carpark shut?

okay thanks Sara!

On a different topic..:

What's the congestion charge?

How much is the carpark opposite the venue?

What time does the carpark shut?

Congestion charge is £8 a day for cars, Monday - Friday from 6am-6pm (or thereabouts).

Can't help you with the others, but Rose always parks in the King's Mall car park.