MIKA @ Hammersmith Apollo, London

dcdeb

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, I know that usually it's a bit awkward....but looking at works map seems all the main area is without tube service...

And I hate bus....I don't understand them at all :sneaky2: poor me....seems to be A LOT more complicated than I thought :boxed:

I don't understand the buses either, I'd much rather stick to the underground :blush-anim-cl:

yes, I know that usually it's a bit awkward....but looking at works map seems all the main area is without tube service...

And I hate bus....I don't understand them at all :sneaky2: poor me....seems to be A LOT more complicated than I thought :boxed:

where are you travelling from?

The buses are quite cool these days - they have announcements for each stop so you know where to get off :thumb_yello:

And you can plan buses on the TFL website

http://www.journeyplanner.org/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

It's best to have alternative options planned :thumb_yello:

where are you travelling from?

The buses are quite cool these days - they have announcements for each stop so you know where to get off :thumb_yello:

And you can plan buses on the TFL website

http://www.journeyplanner.org/user/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en

It's best to have alternative options planned :thumb_yello:

I come from Italy and my hotel is near Victoria too.

I thought to visit some place during 27th afternoon (covent garden, harrods, and more...) with the tube because I already used it and it's absolutely great! I've always avoided buses because once I had a bad experience :aah: And I usually don't understand them very well....but I will follow your tip, I'm going to plan my routes to help myself a bit :thumb_yello:

but I'll do a mess for sure...LOL

I know, no language barriers but I still don't understand them :aah:

gosh...Nerys...that scares me even more!how am I suppose to be able to survive with my BIG language barrier???

I will end in the country...I'm sure!LOL!

I thought to visit some place during 27th afternoon (covent garden, harrods, and more...) with the tube because I already used it and it's absolutely great! I've always avoided buses because once I had a bad experience :aah: And I usually don't understand them very well....but I will follow your tip, I'm going to plan my routes to help myself a bit :thumb_yello:

gosh...Nerys...that scares me even more!how am I suppose to be able to survive with my BIG language barrier???

Don't be scared, it's just me :naughty: I just find the underground a lot easier, here too, even if I know which bus to take & where I need to get off. I blame growing up in the country!! :naughty:

The District Line from Victoria to Hammersmith should be fine :thumb_yello: make sure you get the Ealing or Richmond branch - or you can take the Wimbledon District line to South Kensington and get the Piccadilly Line from there to Hammersmith

Edited by Naectegale

The District Line from Victoria to Hammersmith should be fine :thumb_yello: make sure you get the Ealing or Richmond branch - or you can take the Wimbledon District line to South Kensington and get the Piccadilly Line from there to Hammersmith

Can I ask you one more thing?

I'm looking to the works map on London tube and this is the area I'm interested in.

If I understand correctly only those coloured areas will NOT work, right?The word "undisrupted confused" me!Does it mean that ONLY those lines have problems?The other ones are normal as usual?

If yes....well...I think I can use the tube.

tubec.jpg

Don't be scared, it's just me :naughty: I just find the underground a lot easier, here too, even if I know which bus to take & where I need to get off. I blame growing up in the country!! :naughty:

I'm like you!

I've spent 1 month in New York and I always used the metro only...never been on a bus!!!

http://www.visitlondon.com/travel/getting_around/taxis

Info on taxis - note only black cabs can be hailed in the street, other minicabs must be pre-booked. There is advice on getting approprate booking numbers via text on the website

DO NOT get into an unlicensed minicab which stops in the street - they are not insured, will rip you off and are not safe for ladies.

Can I ask you one more thing?

I'm looking to the works map on London tube and this is the area I'm interested in.

If I understand correctly only those coloured areas will NOT work, right?The word "undisrupted confused" me!Does it mean that ONLY those lines have problems?The other ones are normal as usual?

If yes....well...I think I can use the tube.

tubec.jpg

Yes - the tubes in grey will be running as normal - the coloured sections are the disrupted lines :thumb_yello:

Hammersmith Bridge will be closed to traffic that weekend, so if you come by car, you will need to use alternative routes.

i hope mika manages to get to his own concert. :teehee:

so they're still not finished with all those works on the underground system? pfft. :sneaky2: well, i'll just sort it out for me when i arrive at heathrow, there are always ways to get where you want, it just might take a bit longer. :bleh: or might even be faster. iirc, the last time i could take the heathrow express for the price of an underground ticket, because the underground didn't run. :biggrin2:

any idea how to get from Heathrow to Hammersmith on Sat if they are workin on the underground system?

they'll have all sorts of information and people to help you at the airport, if the underground line there doesn't run. :wink2: like i said, last time we could use the heathrow express for the price of an underground ticket - don't remember which station that went to, but surely you can get on from there with the tube.