TV: Mika on ELLEN (Ellen Degeneres Show) (22 Oct 2009)

dcdeb

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all... here's my flickr account to see the pictures of us before/after the gig. No camera inside, so no Mika pictures :thumbdown: : http://www.flickr.com/photos/32172634@N05/

100_3012.jpg

Great pic!! I'm so pleased to hear you all got in!!! :thumb_yello: Ellen is great, so happy to see Mika there. So it will be on television tonight? I hope it will be on youtube, can't wait to see it!

Great pic!! I'm so pleased to hear you all got in!!! :thumb_yello: Ellen is great, so happy to see Mika there. So it will be on television tonight? I hope it will be on youtube, can't wait to see it!

:biggrin2: it will be on tomorrow...

oh its going to be here in the US on thursday :)

It'll be on tomorrow, Thursday, at 4pm Pacific Time. :wink2:

On Thursday???

Omg, it's not Friday today??? :roftl::roftl::roftl: It's Thursday for me and Wednesday for you... I SO need more coffee :biggrin2:

OK. So I left for Burbank at like 12:45 and got Warner Brothers Studios a little bit after Nono, Sivan and Mellody got there (I think?). We all were waiting in this big waiting area in the parking structure. There were tons of other people there but they all had tickets, so we were just clinging to hope that perhaps we'd be able to get in!

I got there with just an expectation of maybe seeing Mika when he drove out, but then the mods were AMAZING and somehow we got 4 VIP tickets for the show!! It was quite a happy moment :naughty: We asked a page if we could sit on the side of the audience where Mika would perform and she said yes :thumb_yello:

So after we got in the studio, we ended up sitting third row up on the left side (where the musical guest goes). The show seemed to fly by, first David Spade and then John C Reilly and there was a young girl who got interviewed too. While the last interview was going on, Nono and I could see a little bit of the people setting up for Mika's performance, it was cool :teehee:

Then it was Mika time, and he was so much fun and so smiley and had some awesome dance moves. He's just so darn cute :naughty: He sang BIOTG, starting at the piano like he usually does and then dancing around. All four of us had our arms up, dancing and singing the whole time so I hope we caught his attention and he could see us. We definitely cheered loudly whenever they mentioned him and before/during/after his performance :naughty: Then it was all over in a flash!

We figured out where the guests leave and we stood on the side of the road for a little bit, waiting for him. Then we saw the black SUV and it looked like Allison (sp?) in the front seat, and I saw her point at us and say something to someone in the backseat. So Mika's car stopped and he rolled down the window and there was Mama P, Yasmine, and Mika. They all had such big smiles and looked so happy to see us! We all shouted thank you thank you thank you for the tickets, and Mellody asked if Mika was going to have a Twitter party tomorrow night. Mika said he's busy tomorrow night so he can't :sad: I asked him about the dress code for Friday and he asked us to choose either 1950's or Space themed. I think we chose space themed but then later we were like wtf are we gonna wear??? :naughty: We talked about some other things I think but I can't really remember.... it was hard to hear him.

Anyway, Mika was adorable and SO nice for stopping the car and talking to us. We all went out to eat afterwards and we can't wait til Friday :biggrin2: And THANK YOU to the Deb for the tickets!!! :huglove:

OMG thanks for sharing!!! :thumb_yello:

and Allison is always so sweet and nice to MFC, she's awesome!!!!

My stomach was churning while reading your reports.

SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL!!!! How amazing. I would have looooooooooved to be there. :wub2::aah:

We would have loved you to be there too :wub2:

God, I'm so scared to watch it tomorrow. I hope I'm not caught trying to dance :aah:

Firstly, I would like to give a huge thank you to Deb and team Mika (and anyone else who may have been involved) for getting us in. You guys are amazing :wub2:

So Sivan got me out of school and we arrived at the studio at around 1:20pm. It was very confusing to find!

Then we basically just waited around because we still didn't know whether we would get in or not. Then a girl who worked on team Ellen came over to us and asked us what we were waiting for so she said she'd call Allison (I assume that's who she called) and voila -- we all got in! And not only did we get in, but we got VIP tickets too! We asked the girl if we could be seated by the performance area and she said yes, so we were seated three rows from the front. Not bad.

The reason I was most afraid to be part of the Ellen audience is because they make everyone dace, and I can't dance to save my life :aah:

So please don't laugh if you see my failed attempt at dancing tomorrow on TV.

It got annoying after a while because during every commercial break they would make us stand up and dance, but I guess it helped me learn some new skills :teehee:

The guests were pretty funny, so it wasn't totally boring.

Then she announced Mika, and they made the whole audience stand (:pinkbow:) and he sang BIOTG. The crowd seemed to like it, and MFC were trying to stand out so Mika would know he had some supporters in the audience, but I'm not sure if he saw. Sadly, Ellen did not interview him afterward.

As we were leaving, we were handed goodie bags with a necklace (i think) in them and everyone got Mika's new album too :punk:

During the show, they filmed David Spade leaving and we noticed where it was, so on the way out we waited in that area in hopes of seeing Mika, but they made us move across the driveway for some reason. :rolls_eyes:

After 15-30 minutes, we saw someone from the Mika team walking by, but we were too shy to ask anything, so we just continued waiting. When I received Mika's tweet I figured he had left, but then we saw a black SUV pull up, and in the backseat were Mika, Yasmine, and Mama P. They rolled down the window and talked to us for a little, but we could barely make out what they were saying because they were some feet away. Anyways, we thanked them for the tickets and asked them if there was a dress code for Friday, but Mika was just like "I don't know....it can be either spacey or something from the 1950s" and I think we chose spacey. Mellody asked about there being a twitter party on Thursday but he said he was busy. Then they left.

After that we went to an Italian restaurant and that was pretty much it :lol3:

side note: For the performance, he wore white pants, and a blue, military-inspired jacket...I don't think I'd seen him where it before.

If you have any questions, let me know :naughty:

And again, thank you very much Deb! :huglove::bow::flowers2:

thank you, Nono! :huglove:

MIKA & ELLEN = 2 FAV PEOPLE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4hSg6PnJ38&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6

. . . if you haven't heard MIKA, you'll want to see him on today's show. He's from London, and after his first album he was compared with Freddie Mercury, Elton John and Prince. He just released his second album, "The Boy Who Knew Too Much," and will perform his hit

"Blame It on the Girls" for me.

Edited by A. Clay

Haha, you must come to oakland with us! we want you there!:biggrin2:

(i meant that in a totally non creepy way btw)

lol....u sure? u might regret it after i come...sometimes when im super tired i start talking and wont stop.... :roftl:

Firstly, I would like to give a huge thank you to Deb and team Mika (and anyone else who may have been involved) for getting us in. You guys are amazing

Then we basically just waited around because we still didn't know whether we would get in or not. Then a girl who worked on team Ellen came over to us and asked us what we were waiting for so she said she'd call Allison (I assume that's who she called) and voila -- we all got in! And not only did we get in, but we got VIP tickets too! We asked the girl if we could be seated by the performance area and she said yes, so we were seated three rows from the front. Not bad.

The guests were pretty funny, so it wasn't totally boring.

Then she announced Mika, and they made the whole audience stand (:pinkbow:) and he sang BIOTG. The crowd seemed to like it, and MFC were trying to stand out so Mika would know he had some supporters in the audience, but I'm not sure if he saw. Sadly, Ellen did not interview him afterward.

As we were leaving, we were handed goodie bags with a necklace (i think) in them and everyone got Mika's new album too :punk:

When I received Mika's tweet I figured he had left, but then we saw a black SUV pull up, and in the backseat were Mika, Yasmine, and Mama P. They rolled down the window and talked to us for a little, but we could barely make out what they were saying because they were some feet away. Anyways, we thanked them for the tickets and asked them if there was a dress code for Friday, but Mika was just like "I don't know....it can be either spacey or something from the 1950s" and I think we chose spacey. Mellody asked about there being a twitter party on Thursday but he said he was busy. Then they left.

And again, thank you very much Deb! :huglove::bow::flowers2:

I am SO glad everything worked out! And everyone got Mika's album too! Woohoo!

Hi Caz, remember me? Katita of Brazil. A super kiss for you, for Bab, Sara and all the MFC I met on my trip to London on 21-09, was unforgettable and amazing and really the best day of my life.:roftl:

When I saw the videos on Youtube of the program Jools Holland I quickly recognize you there in the audience, you were beautiful and the presentation of Mika was spectacular, as always. What you wrote makes sense, think so too, he really loves his fans, and we love him, he is a unique artist and incredible.:mf_lustslow:

Kisses in your heart, I hope meet you soon in a new show in London and then here in my country, I want to see you here!:thumb_yello::naughty::thumb_yello:

Katita:wink2:

Yes I remember you!! Hello to you too! Hugs! :huglove:

anyone recording the show tomorrow, so those of us without a tv / without us tv can watch it? :biggrin2: i'd love to know if they actually show us on tv, they didn't really film us much, filmed more in the middle of the crowd... maybe during the mika performance, didn't look at the cameras during that, so don't know... :naughty: