jam session in jamel club,paris 10 november 2009!

FOUCHONNERET

Here a review about yesterday's party.(I don't count that as a GIG! It was just an awesome Houseparty (120 guests from who the biggest part were MFCers) with a great live-band.

The only spectacular thing about the trip was, that when my train just crossed the France border, a huge Mikaposter came in sight. Too badly, I can't tell exactly what they were advertising for, at least they used the album's cover as background.

At 11:15 Mariposa and I arrived at Le Comedy Club, being number 10 and 11. That location had a big advance: there weren't any connections between the rooms, for so to speak, roomchanging or something, so the band had to cross us everytime. Mika also came out for 2/3 times (only for a really short time though)

In the mean time, there was a confusion about who was or wasn't on the list and where, because it seemed that there were differend lists from differend sides. And somehow, no one seemed to remember my name. But Jonathan arranged it very well and was very cooperative with all the fans. Later, when we went inside, ca. 20 people were in front of us, even when we were 10 and 11. One of them wasn't even on any list, but Jonathan just did as he crossed something on his list, and let her in. From there, really a great compliment to the arranger, it really was a FANevent.

Well.. during queing, a lot of rumours went around about the creation of the room and about the garderobe and camerause. Finally, we had to give EVERYTHING off in the garderobe, but the securities weren't that strickt.

The room really was magnificent, it just looked like a livingroom, even with chandeliers and all... Really just stylish. Mika also said at the beginning of the gig, that it would look like his own livingroom.

With the rest of his speaking I had unfortunately the problem that Mika spoke french mostly and I can't deal with that language at all. It wouldn't be such a big problem, because I placed myself behind Mariposa to explain some questions or something, but sadly the arranger had some idea's of his own to harmonise the room. So the people were rearranged by colour, age, gender and hight. (great, and for that I was queing for 8 hours!) and then I was just too far away from Mariposa and Jonny and was all on my own in the big French world. So I just did what all the others were doing, laughing when they did, just to stay unnoticed. At the end I was placed more in the center of the stage and were 2 rows placed between us, but not that way that we were further back, but more pressed to one another. In the beginning it really was so that I couldn't take my hands out of my pockets.

Mika's dressingroom was just across the room at the next floor, and we could see through the window how he was watching us. He was really stalking us.

Another thing that was pretty embarrassing whas that he sang the french version of Grace Kelly, so I couldn’t sing along. I guess that Mika’s first attention was to play the same setlist as in Baden-Baden, but he must have noticed that all that jumping around wasn’t that good, so he decided to do a small acoustic gig with a lot of improvisation. (BUT STILL AWESOME!!) and he played a bit more as was planned, just because the crowd was so enthousiastic. I never was at a Mikagig where the atmosphere was just as great was as here, amazing!

The stage could best be seen as the one in (Bayern3 gig) Munich, only a bit higher and in total a bit bigger, but not so well set. Martin f.e. was sitting behind some speakers and couldn’t been seen for a few people because of that. But the stagepicture, what is standard for that club, I guess, was perfect for that location. What was great too, that he brought Ida and iMMA both. Ida is such a perfectionist! Great! But she has a little tick, she twitches with her left eye, everytime Mika doesn’t hit a perfect tone (just look at that) and that happens, well… just as we all know actually, not really rarely. Nevertheless I have to say, it was the most beautiful Happy Ending that I’ve ever heard/seen, really, really beautiful. Just can’t describe it.

In his improvisation he sadly dropped Lollipop. But further he shined (not in the right order) with:

Grace Kelly (French)

Stuck in the Middle (oh, how I love the live-versions)

Love Today

Big Girl

Blame it on the Girls

Lady Jane

Happy Ending

Blue Eyes

Billy Brown (a version I didn’t hear before, but really great)

Rain

We are Golden

Relax (almost the indentic version as in Sadler’s Wells, I mean, no piano, but therefor slowly escalating, starting with snapping. These version is also worth to see)

When he introduced his band, Cherisse became so much applause, really not normal, she got more than the whole band and Mika together, it was just so nice how much she liked it, she also got up and walked at the front of the stage and Mika acted like a prima donna. It really wasn’t a gig, but a party!

Occasionally two strange types (I guess they were comics from the club) came on and did something funny in French. I just tried not to attract attention. Sometime they kidnapped Mika and.. and.. and… *yawn*

The whole thing will be broadcasted on Orange ?Music? TV. Meanwhile there is a thought about broadcast it on another channel too and very allegedly the gig will be set free to download for the people who were there.

After the gig, I was mostly waiting for Ida, because I didn’t count on it that Mika would come out with his injured foot and because Ida was simply great this evening. Another thing that was really fascinating was that everyone just run off to the band when they came out, but when Ida came out, no one was interested, and when I asked her for her autograph she became really emotional. That was really beautiful. Because the only thing I have without an autograph, was the Parc de Princes DVD, so I gave her that and she told me that no one ever asked her for her autograph, only when she just walked along and then without giving feedback or something and that she just thought that was so nice and she didn’t know how and where to sign on the DVD. I told her that she could sign it where and how she ever wanted and if she felt like it, she could cross out Mika. Then I thanked her especially for my all times favorite song (Happy Ending) and forgot to ask for a picture AGAIN! I always just remember that when the people are already gone. But it was really nice to talk to the other voice from my absolute favorite song finally, that already saved my night. I didn’t want to have a Mikaautograph anymore.

Mika just came out for 3 min. or so. I guess it was because of the flashes from thousands of cameras. In stead of making arrangements for taking pictures or something. Therefor he didn’t get to the end of the queue, but okay, I already had my Ida autograph <3

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here a review about yesterday's party.(I don't count that as a GIG! It was just an awesome Houseparty (120 guests from who the biggest part were MFCers) with a great live-band.

The only spectacular thing about the trip was, that when my train just crossed the France border, a huge Mikaposter came in sight. Too badly, I can't tell exactly what they were advertising for, at least they used the album's cover as background.

At 11:15 Mariposa and I arrived at Le Comedy Club, being number 10 and 11. That location had a big advance: there weren't any connections between the rooms, for so to speak, roomchanging or something, so the band had to cross us everytime. Mika also came out for 2/3 times (only for a really short time though)

In the mean time, there was a confusion about who was or wasn't on the list and where, because it seemed that there were differend lists from differend sides. And somehow, no one seemed to remember my name. But Jonathan arranged it very well and was very cooperative with all the fans. Later, when we went inside, ca. 20 people were in front of us, even when we were 10 and 11. One of them wasn't even on any list, but Jonathan just did as he crossed something on his list, and let her in. From there, really a great compliment to the arranger, it really was a FANevent.

Well.. during queing, a lot of rumours went around about the creation of the room and about the garderobe and camerause. Finally, we had to give EVERYTHING off in the garderobe, but the securities weren't that strickt.

The room really was magnificent, it just looked like a livingroom, even with chandeliers and all... Really just stylish. Mika also said at the beginning of the gig, that it would look like his own livingroom.

With the rest of his speaking I had unfortunately the problem that Mika spoke french mostly and I can't deal with that language at all. It wouldn't be such a big problem, because I placed myself behind Mariposa to explain some questions or something, but sadly the arranger had some idea's of his own to harmonise the room. So the people were rearranged by colour, age, gender and hight. (great, and for that I was queing for 8 hours!) and then I was just too far away from Mariposa and Jonny and was all on my own in the big French world. So I just did what all the others were doing, laughing when they did, just to stay unnoticed. At the end I was placed more in the center of the stage and were 2 rows placed between us, but not that way that we were further back, but more pressed to one another. In the beginning it really was so that I couldn't take my hands out of my pockets.

Mika's dressingroom was just across the room at the next floor, and we could see through the window how he was watching us. He was really stalking us.

Another thing that was pretty embarrassing whas that he sang the french version of Grace Kelly, so I couldn’t sing along. I guess that Mika’s first attention was to play the same setlist as in Baden-Baden, but he must have noticed that all that jumping around wasn’t that good, so he decided to do a small acoustic gig with a lot of improvisation. (BUT STILL AWESOME!!) and he played a bit more as was planned, just because the crowd was so enthousiastic. I never was at a Mikagig where the atmosphere was just as great was as here, amazing!

The stage could best be seen as the one in (Bayern3 gig) Munich, only a bit higher and in total a bit bigger, but not so well set. Martin f.e. was sitting behind some speakers and couldn’t been seen for a few people because of that. But the stagepicture, what is standard for that club, I guess, was perfect for that location. What was great too, that he brought Ida and iMMA both. Ida is such a perfectionist! Great! But she has a little tick, she twitches with her left eye, everytime Mika doesn’t hit a perfect tone (just look at that) and that happens, well… just as we all know actually, not really rarely. Nevertheless I have to say, it was the most beautiful Happy Ending that I’ve ever heard/seen, really, really beautiful. Just can’t describe it.

In his improvisation he sadly dropped Lollipop. But further he shined (not in the right order) with:

Grace Kelly (French)

Love Today

Big Girl

Blame it on the Girls

Lady Jane

Happy Ending

Blue Eyes

Rain

We are Golden

Relax (almost the indentic version as in Sadler’s Wells, I mean, no piano, but therefor slowly escalating, starting with snapping. These version is also worth to see)

When he introduced his band, Cherisse became so much applause, really not normal, she got more than the whole band and Mika together, it was just so nice how much she liked it, she also got up and walked at the front of the stage and Mika acted like a prima donna. It really wasn’t a gig, but a party!

Occasionally two strange types (I guess they were comics from the club) came on and did something funny in French. I just tried not to attract attention. Sometime they kidnapped Mika and.. and.. and… *yawn*

The whole thing will be broadcasted on Orange ?Music? TV. Meanwhile there is a thought about broadcast it on another channel too and very allegedly the gig will be set free to download for the people who were there.

After the gig, I was mostly waiting for Ida, because I didn’t count on it that Mika would come out with his injured foot and because Ida was simply great this evening. Another thing that was really fascinating was that everyone just run off to the band when they came out, but when Ida came out, no one was interested, and when I asked her for her autograph she became really emotional. That was really beautiful. Because the only thing I have without an autograph, was the Parc de Princes DVD, so I gave her that and she told me that no one ever asked her for her autograph, only when she just walked along and then without giving feedback or something and that she just thought that was so nice and she didn’t know how and where to sign on the DVD. I told her that she could sign it where and how she ever wanted and if she felt like it, she could cross out Mika. Then I thanked her especially for my all times favorite song (Happy Ending) and forgot to ask for a picture AGAIN! I always just remember that when the people are already gone. But it was really nice to talk to the other voice from my absolute favorite song finally, that already saved my night. I didn’t want to have a Mikaautograph anymore.

Mika just came out for 3 min. or so. I guess it was because of the flashes from thousands of cameras. In stead of making arrangements for taking pictures or something. Therefor he didn’t get to the end of the queue, but okay, I already had my Ida autograph <3

Love your report, and shame you got seperated from Marposa, I'd have been like you and laughed with everyone else, not knowing what I was laughing at:naughty:

I love your story with Ida, and that she was happy that you wanted her autograph. I'd love to meet her, she has such an amazing voice.

The Cherisse story is so funny, I don't think in her wildest dreams she thought she'd be this popular, and I think it really has taken Mika by surprise too. But she's such a lovely person, how could anyone not adore her? I hope Mika doesn't get any silly ideas now!

Grace Kelly (French)

Love Today

Big Girl

Blame it on the Girls

Lady Jane

Happy Ending

Blue Eyes

Rain

We are Golden

Totally agree with you when you said it was a party and a fan event ! I felt the same :wub2:

And sorry to hear the second part, I didn't know they rearranged the audience... I remember I was really close from you. I was in the middle, with a red top and there was Kate between us.

Hello everyone, sorry for my english, I wanted to greet and thank the company for all girls and boys with whom I shared this wonderful concert ....pics here

IMG_6561.jpg

IMG_6566.jpg

IMG_6567.jpg

IMG_6568.jpg

IMG_6569.jpg

IMG_6571.jpg

IMG_6572.jpg

IMG_6573.jpg

un bacio a tutti

Ciao !!! grazie per le tue foto ! :wink2:

Hello everyone, sorry for my english, I wanted to greet and thank the company for all girls and boys with whom I shared this wonderful concert ....pics here

IMG_6561.jpg

IMG_6566.jpg

IMG_6567.jpg

IMG_6568.jpg

IMG_6569.jpg

IMG_6571.jpg

IMG_6572.jpg

IMG_6573.jpg

un bacio a tutti

Great pics :wub2: Thank you so much for posting!! :thumb_yello:

And thanks everyone for reports!! :wub2:

Ok, so many reports so maybe it's useless to do mine, but well... :naughty:

So there was an amazing mood in that venue. The crowd was so happy to be there and wanted to party with Mika and the band, so they felt that and felt really at ease, without any pression or anything. Mika spoke a lot ! :naughty: and said that they're gonna make an acoustic set because of his foot.

They made improvisations at the end of the songs. There was a real connection with us... We could see they had a lot of fun !

For the Cherisse story : he wanted to introduce his band and when it came to Cherisse, he said something like " and her" like he didn't wanted to tell her name, so all the crowd tol "Cherisse, Cherisse, Cherisse" and she was so surprised ! so was Mika :naughty: and he said that she was getting too famous !

So we waited for him after the show, and I was lucky enough to speak with him a couple of minutes (well, maybe barely one :naughty: ) about the France 2 JT and questions from the audience, so I told him one of these questions was mine and sorry if I bothered him to ask about his injury whereas they had a deal with France 2 not to show it on tv ! ) at the beginning, he didn't understand, that's why he said "What ?... Sorry ?...." so I explained again and when he get it he told "yessssssssss " !

well I had my funny moment ! :naughty:

and thanks for the vids, we can see that !

Just dropping by to say a few words (before getting some sleep)...

Best decision ever I went to this very amazing and intimate gig! :wub2:

Loved every second of it. "Lady Jane2 was just perfect! So was "Happy ending" with Ida! Still on a height (after more then 39 hours without sleep)...I never manage to sleep after a great gig. Too much adrenaline :aah:

The atmosphere and energy in the club was probably one of the best I've experienced at a Mika gig so far. People were dancing, singing along, jumping, cheering for Mika & his band etc. non-stop :wub2:

And they thoroughly seemed to be enjoying it...

THANK YOU, lillibet for making this possible!

I'll leave you with this for today. http://twitpic.com/p4saf

Full report to follow tomorrow night...[/color][/font][/b]

Grace Kelly (French)

Love Today

Big Girl

Blame it on the Girls

Lady Jane

Happy Ending

Blue Eyes

Rain

We are Golden

loved reading all of your reports:wub2: t4p

IMG_6567.jpg

IMG_6571.jpg

un bacio a tutti

fantastic pics:wub2: grazie mille

Thanks for your reports and pictures, everything has been said...

That was a very very special gig, I have loved it ! It was a real opportunity to see MIKA in such a tiny crowd !

Unfortunately, we have no pics and no videos from the gig...

Here are some pics I've taken after (same as yours Lyli21 :wink2: and biggirl69 :wink2:) (sorry I've put my name on it because some people on Mikasounds have stolen some of my pics to put them in their personal albums :sneaky2:)

mikacomedyclub0251.jpg

mikacomedyclub0241.jpg

mikacomedyclub0171.jpg

mikacomedyclub0161.jpg

My favourite one :

mikacomedyclub0221.jpg

I still can't realise how lucky i've been to be there!!! And it was such a pleasure to meet new mika fans and see some other again!!!! :mf_lustslow:

here are some pictures I've made (to tell the little story related to those pics, I've managed to erase them all of my camera while in the train to come back home...:doh: don't ask me how... but my brilliant father took his "perfect photo saver" guide and found them back :roftl:....)

so here they are:

Mika%20-%20Jam%20session%2C%20Paris%2010%20nov.%2009%20005.jpg

Mika%20-%20Jam%20session%2C%20Paris%2010%20nov.%2009%20008.jpg

Mika%20-%20Jam%20session%2C%20Paris%2010%20nov.%2009%20007.jpg

Mika%20-%20Jam%20session%2C%20Paris%2010%20nov.%2009%20010.jpg

Mika%20-%20Jam%20session%2C%20Paris%2010%20nov.%2009%20009.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi! Mika's jam session will be on French TV on January 7th and online on January 9th! Great news; I can't wait! :)

http://musique.orange.fr/

Jam Sessions du Comedy Club vous souhaite une très bonne fin d'année !! Pour info, nous commencerons très bien l'année 2010 avec la diffusion de la Jam de Mika à partir du 7 Janvier en TV et le 9 sur le web.... ;-)

Hi! Mika's jam session will be on French TV on January 7th and online on January 9th! Great news; I can't wait! :)

Jam Sessions du Comedy Club vous souhaite une très bonne fin d'année !! Pour info, nous commencerons très bien l'année 2010 avec la diffusion de la Jam de Mika à partir du 7 Janvier en TV et le 9 sur le web.... ;-)

Yes!!!! Can't wait!!!!! :groupwave:

great news!!! cant wait to watch it!!