Mika puts his foot in it

dcdeb

(This isn't really news to us, but the fact that that's covered in the mirror

now is interesting. I think it was just an excuse to plug the new

single :wink2: Not that that's a bad thing!)

By Gavin Martin on Nov 13, 09 12:00 AM in Music

His determination to give his recently-released second album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, a high-energy promotion has suffered a setback. Lebanese-born, French and English-raised oddball Mika currently has his leg in a brace after tearing two tendons in his foot.

"It was at the biggest gig we'd ever done in LA," says the 26-year-old. "I got everyone to go down on the floor and said, 'On the count of three, jump!'. And, of course, the only fool that got hurt was me. I was in so much pain I went offstage and vomited. But I have a history of these things - I think it's normal for anyone that does this."

Following the all-conquering poptastic success of Life In Cartoon Motion, reaction to the follow-up has been mixed, but Mika's used to being loved and loathed in equal measure.

For now though, he's looking forward to getting the brace off his leg and having a celebration. So what is a Mika party like?

"It involves drinking, cutting your own hair and," he says, "waking up in the back of a Vauxhall Astra with four random people." Ouch!

New single Rain is out on Monday.

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/the-ticket/2009/11/mika-puts-his-foot-in-it.html

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"It involves drinking, cutting your own hair and," he says, "waking up in the back of a Vauxhall Astra with four random people." Ouch!

New single Rain is out on Monday.

If the single release date info is as serious as the answer to what party is we can take the 23rd for granted...:teehee:

Sounds like a nice party. Next MFC party he's invited and we'll get drunk on champagne together. Not sure if we all will fit into an Astra through:roftl:

He's welcome to squeeze into the back of my van if he wants:roftl::roftl::roftl:

For now though, he's looking forward to getting the brace off his leg and having a celebration. So what is a Mika party like?

I like Mika's idea of a good party!

Everybody "Mika Party!":snog::drink_nl::drinks_wine::hair::snog::drunk_sing::exclamation::clap:

"It involves drinking, cutting your own hair and," he says, "waking up in the back of a Vauxhall Astra with four random people."

Mwahaha. "I wasn't even drunk when I did it!" Sure Mika. Surrre. :mf_rosetinted:

And, waking up in the back of a Vauxhall Astra with four random people? Sounds like my kind of party! :aah:

I was in so much pain I went offstage and vomited. But I have a history of these things - I think it's normal for anyone that does this."

Awww!!! I don't like to see Mika not feeling well! I just wanna give him a big hug (and foot massage :naughty:) until he's healed!!! :biggrin2:

I knew he was drunk when he cut his hair. He's such a liar. :lmfao:

But .. but .. he said he wasn't .. :tears:

He spontaneously said he wasn't ..

No idea why he thought he had to say that though :aah::roftl:

does that guy get a buzz out of telling porkies lol bet he was even worse as a kid :naughty:

Ah you know he was a proper fibber when he was little.

"Yes mum, of course I've tidied my room, look!" Then he opens the door and it's spotless. And then the wardrobe explodes and ten tonnes of rubbish flies out and covers the place. :roftl:

But .. but .. he said he wasn't .. :tears:

He spontaneously said he wasn't ..

No idea why he thought he had to say that though :aah::roftl:

Because he believes we still see him as that innocent boy singing about wanting to be like Grace Kelly:mf_rosetinted: