REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA at Little Noise Sessions in London 18-11-2009

Christine

I prefer the 'acoustic' type of gigs but I do wish he one day experiences playing in front of some 80 000 people who are there just for him...

And when that happens I want to be there, too:blush-anim-cl:

Wasn't 55000 quite enough then? :naughty:

Jimmy

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1., I wasn't there

2., I would like it to happen in the UK... I guess that would essentially have a different atmopshere that I'd prefer:blush-anim-cl:

actually yes I'd like it to happen in the UK too.

LIKE ROYAL ALBERT HALL? MIKA ARE YOU READING THIS?

1., I wasn't there

2., I would like it to happen in the UK... I guess that would essentially have a different atmopshere that I'd prefer:blush-anim-cl:

Interesting. I wonder if it ever will.

Why do you think the atmosphere will be different?

I prefer the 'acoustic' type of gigs but I do wish he one day experiences playing in front of some 80 000 people who are there just for him...

And when that happens I want to be there, too:blush-anim-cl:

Wasn't 55000 quite enough then? :naughty:

Jimmy

Where I was sat, they seemed to be there cos there wasn't much on telly

Interesting. I wonder if it ever will.

Why do you think the atmosphere will be different?

:dunno:

because I am an anglomaniac... (:teehee:)

and because my idea is that 80 000 people should sing back the songs to him... (In a non English speaking country only fans would sing..)

I basically want HIM to experience it. It must be pretty uplifting and ecstatic :pinkbow:

Is it wrong for me to admit that I like the smaller Mika events than the large gigs? :teehee:

I've been saying that for years :aah:

I actually like some variety and to see some medium sized venues (3,000-4,000) because it's a higher energy show.

But I don't need to see another arena/stadium gig of any artist ever. With the exception of U2 where Bono spent the entire concert next to me on a catwalk 13 rows into the audience, I've never seen a great one in all my 25 years of gig going, even from the front row. They're just inherently crap.

Ditto. The quality of the singing is just never good enough-The artists are too worried about putting on a show, and keeping everyone happy, which can't happen. It just goes with the nature of the stadium gig. I'd rather watch the DVD at home for that, tbh.

maybe, but I really like tiny things, because of the intimacy. Like Jools Holland. And the pub. And Little Noise.

:aah: Caz my girl, the pub thing wasn't a gig :roftl:.

But I'm totally with you on prefering the tiny things though, I much rather have those.

As for energy, the Bloomsbury Ballroom gig for example was very high energy, despite the stage being the tiniest that I've ever seen Mika on, and the gig being so small. I guess that it depends on many things, and only one of them is how many people there are in the audience. IT is of course easier to get the energy if there are more bodies there, but sometimes it happens with less of them.

I'm spoiled already I'm afraid.

So am I :teehee:. Big time.

To me as well....:thumb_yello:

Even though I wasn't there in LA, it was one of the few performances that was still enjoyable on YT...:blush-anim-cl:(I have 3 different recordings of it :bow:thanks to the fans who recorded it from front row and put them up on YT )

In general, I think he tends to 'hurry' with it and not keeping the stops and pauses that are necessary in my opinion... However, at the Union Chapel he applied the right tempo changes:thumb_yello:

I keep thinking it was partly because the atmosphere was most suitable (ie.like it was some sort of classical music concert) and also because he did not have to worry about messing it up on the piano / celesta.....:naughty:

That's exactly how I feel about Toy Boy. And I don't like the album version because I find it a bit too hurried, and like he's singing it without emotion.

I have honestly enjoyed them all. I LOVE the small initimate venues. Even way back..............at TBA........although it was open air it was a tiny stage........it was a great gig. I really enjoyed PDP.......but I think it was very different down at the front than for those of you up in the Gods. In Bologna...............an arena, I was sat quite high up at the back..............and enjoyed 'looking down'.

To be honest.................I will take whatever I can get:naughty:

I know it wasn't a gig :roftl: I'm pretty sure I said I prefer "tiny things", rather than "tiny gigs" :teehee:

You prefer tiny things eh? :mf_rosetinted:

But yeah even though I wasnt at any Mika gig, I was at one of those big gigs, it was a festival or something, i cant even remember who played, and i didint feel it almost...then couple of months ago I went on Smokie gig, im not a fan but i quite like them, small one, in hotel my mum works at and I had amazing fun! :wub2:

(+ the next day mum was working and she bumped into one of the members and she didint realize who he was till 5 mins later, when she thought about it :sneaky2: :rolls_eyes:)

I think it may be his story about Blue Eyes. Yeah, he says he started writing that song when he was on the train going to Angel (which is about two stops away from where the venue was) and there was a woman sitting on the train crying. She got up and left her newspaper behind and Mika decided that it was a really nice image and he was going to steal it. :aah:

Then he said how he hopes she's all right, and then said she might have been there that night if she lives around that area. :thumb_yello:

Oh god how poor is my English! Thank you! Because all I've heard is Angel:(

will go and watch it again

I have honestly enjoyed them all. I LOVE the small initimate venues. Even way back..............at TBA........although it was open air it was a tiny stage........it was a great gig. I really enjoyed PDP.......but I think it was very different down at the front than for those of you up in the Gods. In Bologna...............an arena, I was sat quite high up at the back..............and enjoyed 'looking down'.

To be honest.................I will take whatever I can get:naughty:

I'm with you :naughty: My poor husband just asked how is it possible that every gigs is so special :aah:

Seriously speaking, if I can choose I take a small acoustic gig at a pretty venue any day. The smaller the better. But it's a fabulous experience to see a proper and full gig at medium size venue. There is so many details and thinking behind his shows, I love it! And as Suzie said, if there will be a huge concert and 80 000 people singing along his songs I definitely want to be there, just to see that smile on his face :wub2: I hate huge concerts, but would love to him experience it.

I especially love churches, Over My Shoulder is so beautiful in a church :wub2:

Oh god how poor is my English! Thank you! Because all I've heard is Angel:(

will go and watch it again

It's quite difficult to make out on video because it's a bit echo-ey. I only know because I heard it first hand, I'd probably have trouble if I hadn't been there.

It's quite difficult to make out on video because it's a bit echo-ey. I only know because I heard it first hand, I'd probably have trouble if I hadn't been there.

thats why i added subtitles on mine lol

I especially like my "tumbleweed"

I'm with you :naughty: My poor husband just asked how is it possible that every gigs is so special :aah:

Seriously speaking, if I can choose I take a small acoustic gig at a pretty venue any day. The smaller the better. But it's a fabulous experience to see a proper and full gig at medium size venue. There is so many details and thinking behind his shows, I love it! And as Suzie said, if there will be a huge concert and 80 000 people singing along his songs I definitely want to be there, just to see that smile on his face :wub2: I hate huge concerts, but would love to him experience it.

I especially love churches, Over My Shoulder is so beautiful in a church :wub2:

Yep................This was my first one in a church............and it was just amazing.

I am sure that you managed to tell Mr Tiibet that they are ALL special:naughty:

Hahaha was that on the vlog or on an actual video?

Right here daaahhhling:

EDIT: I love the bit where Mika sings "No...but you said I could, said I could just oooonnnee niiiggght" because instead of going "No...", he goes "NOOOOOOOO.." :roftl::roftl:

Edited by CazGirl

Right here daaahhhling:

EDIT: I love the bit where Mika sings "No...but you said I could, said I could just oooonnnee niiiggght" because instead of going "No...", he goes "NOOOOOOOO.." :roftl::roftl:

Ah I must have missed that bit when I was watching - I was flicking through twitter because I'm female and thus am fab at multi tasking. Though clearly not fab enough.

KA DUM.

Ah I must have missed that bit when I was watching - I was flicking through twitter because I'm female and thus am fab at multi tasking. Though clearly not fab enough.

KA DUM.

I love those moments though where Mika has no idea what to say. It's an awkward moment but a cute and funny one :roftl:

KA DUM.

LOLZZZZ your tumbleweed was so great. Love it!!

I really LOL'd at your sweaty fingers subtitle on the WAG bit. Twas amusing!

Yeah, I love it when he talks himself into a corner. On stage. In front of loads of people. It's brilliant. And the way he looks dead sheepishly at the KS as though he's saying 'I'm a professional, I swear!'

I've been trying to learn BTT on piano. But without the sheet music. Properly need the piano book to be released NOW.

LOLZZZZ your tumbleweed was so great. Love it!!

I really LOL'd at your sweaty fingers subtitle on the WAG bit. Twas amusing!

Yeah, I love it when he talks himself into a corner. On stage. In front of loads of people. It's brilliant. And the way he looks dead sheepishly at the KS as though he's saying 'I'm a professional, I swear!'

I've been trying to learn BTT on piano. But without the sheet music. Properly need the piano book to be released NOW.

LOL I didn't know you played piano.

Ah Mika is so cute, the way he feels he has to explain things. "sweaty fingers" being an example :roftl:

LOL I didn't know you played piano.

Ah Mika is so cute, the way he feels he has to explain things. "sweaty fingers" being an example :roftl:

Yeah, for about 10 years now, though I gave up for a few years inbetween and don't really do well in exams because I practice Mika more than I practice Mozart. I failed my Grade 3 recently, but I learnt Blue Eyes! Swings and roundabouts I feel.

I suppose he feels he needs to justify his f*** ups to his audience so they don't think he's rubbish. :roftl:

I'm uploading my videos under MY account now. They've gone from Krystl2707's but I don't know whether that's because of pressure from others or because Simon has removed them. I've emailed him asking him what happened and told him I expect any magic numbers she earned from posting them to be removed as well.

I'm uploading my videos under MY account now. They've gone from Krystl2707's but I don't know whether that's because of pressure from others or because Simon has removed them. I've emailed him asking him what happened and told him I expect any magic numbers she earned from posting them to be removed as well.

lol yaaayyy that they're gone, and LOL at the last line :roftl: