REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA at Little Noise Sessions in London 18-11-2009

Christine

I keep watching the vids from The Little Noise Sessions!

I am loving the videos, interviews, photos & radio Mika is doing during his short stay in Australia - but - I can't help watching these vids over & over.

Any Other World still gives me chills.

I am too embarrassed to say how many times I have viewed it.:wub2::wub2:

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed someone's nicked a couple of Sara's videos now .... do they never learn ... or ask .... :aah:

Glad you got yours removed Jazzy :thumb_yello:

Is it the same person?

I got mine on, as soon as Jazzy said hers got "borrowed". What is it with these people, can they not do their own videos?

Is it the same person?

I got mine on, as soon as Jazzy said hers got "borrowed". What is it with these people, can they not do their own videos?

No ... it's someone different ... http://www.mikasounds.com/profile/videos/371398

She's only nicked two though ... I put all mine on my profile as well after Jazzy's got nicked ... I've never put videos on it before ... mainly cos' I'm not that bothered about Mika Points etc etc .... :aah: But didn't want anyone nicking mine :biggrin2:

No ... it's someone different ... http://www.mikasounds.com/profile/videos/371398

She's only nicked two though ... I put all mine on my profile as well after Jazzy's got nicked ... I've never put videos on it before ... mainly cos' I'm not that bothered about Mika Points etc etc .... :aah: But didn't want anyone nicking mine :biggrin2:

Mine were the first vids I've ever done, so I'm darned if someones gonna nick them!

It's funny, had no problem getting them on there, but posting pictures, forget it!

Keeps telling me they're too big!

Mine were the first vids I've ever done, so I'm darned if someones gonna nick them!

It's funny, had no problem getting them on there, but posting pictures, forget it!

OMG tell me about it. I had to resize mine via photobucket, takes a fookin' age. I only just uploaded the pub pictures on there a few days ago because i was too lazy to do it in September :rofl:

Did someone say they'd put LN vids on megupload or somewhere? Sorry, should have bookmarked it, but didn't- can anyone point me to it? I can't make Real Player download for some reason. (Alternatively, if someone told me how to make RP work again...) Thanks. Sorry to be a pain but these are all so good!

OMG tell me about it. I had to resize mine via photobucket, takes a fookin' age. I only just uploaded the pub pictures on there a few days ago because i was too lazy to do it in September :rofl:

Hadn't thought of going to photobucket to resize, might do that tomorrow.:thumb_yello:

Did someone say they'd put LN vids on megupload or somewhere? Sorry, should have bookmarked it, but didn't- can anyone point me to it? I can't make Real Player download for some reason. (Alternatively, if someone told me how to make RP work again...) Thanks. Sorry to be a pain but these are all so good!

try re-d/l real player, that is what my mate did and it worked for her. :thumb_yello:

This blog from the King's Singers website might have already been posted on this thread but becasue there is also some news on the broadcast it's better posted again:

20 / 11 / 2009 - London concert with Mika

Two nights ago we sang at Union Chapel at a concert put together by BBC Radio 1 DJ, Jo Whiley, in aid of the learning disability charity, Mencap. The invitation to perform came directly from the singer songwriter, Mika, and over a period of months Phil has been working on arrangements of eight Mika songs - some from his last album 'Life in Cartoon Motion' and some from the new album 'We are Golden'.

This was an extraordinary meeting of musicians. Mika's talent is prodigious, not only as a singer and performer, but also as a songwriter. When we went for rehearsals in Putney on the day before the concert, we realised just how fabulous Mika's band is too - a bunch of top class musos and lovely people with it.

The concert in London's Union Chapel was part of Mencap's 'Little Noise Sessions" which have been filmed by Channel 4 for broadcast in December. It is anticipated that one of the songs we sang with Mika - 'Rain' - will be within the programme.

The evening was incredible fun and as soon as we have the official footage and photographs we will share them on this site, YouTube and beyond. There is already a huge amount of video footage from personal hand held cameras and mobiles on the web. For now, though, we share just a couple of shots taken at the rehearsal and show. More soon.

Source: http://www.kingssingers.com/news.php?nid=139

Well, thanks for the heads up, Laurel :thumb_yello:. I had no idea so I just went there and posted all mine on my profile, and we'll see if they get approved. If they don't, I will request that they remove them from their prof.

What a pain in the arse that this points sytem is. I wish they just wouldn't give points for posting stuff, I really do :blink:. It seems so much work for what it is.

Well, thanks for the heads up, Laurel :thumb_yello:. I had no idea so I just went there and posted all mine on my profile, and we'll see if they get approved. If they don't, I will request that they remove them from their prof.

What a pain in the arse that this points sytem is. I wish they just wouldn't give points for posting stuff, I really do :blink:. It seems so much work for what it is.

yes it's a good job I noticed this was going on and alerted Jazzy cos really we should ALL be more alert about it I guess, it's more just the cheek of someone claiming your stuff as theirs, (is this what breach of copyright feels a bit like I wonder).

yes it's a good job I noticed this was going on and alerted Jazzy cos really we should ALL be more alert about it I guess, it's more just the cheek of someone claiming your stuff as theirs, (is this what breach of copyright feels a bit like I wonder).

Probably similar enough I guess :teehee:

Jazzy posted them here SoSi:

Okay, here's a zip file with all the videos (avi format - slightly reduced quality but nothing near 4.65 GB) and mp3s taken straight off the video - you get his chat, the applause, Jo's intro before he comes on stage etc. Unfortunately, my conversion software crashed when I tried to do it from the original vids and only worked when I took the mp3s off the avi so the quality isn't perfect, but it's something. If anyone else wants to have a go at making some decent mp3s from my videos then you're absolutely welcome to, just make sure you let me know/credit appropriately if you're posting elsewhere on the net.

Anyway, here's the link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ACY8VBP7

Oh and do us a favour, don't steal them and claim them as your own in an attempt to get a couple of hundred Mika points. It makes you very lame indeed. :aah:

lol yaaayyy that they're gone, and LOL at the last line :roftl:

Well I do, she shouldn't be rewarded for someone else's work, and I'm a chick who knows how to hold a grudge, mark my words. I still haven't forgiven Alicia Payne for digging her fingernails into my hands during story time so I got told off when I turned around and told her to stop. :sneaky2:

Is it the same person?

They're just after the points, it's ridiculous. I can't believe these people are adults and are stealing videos for 20 points, it's not even like it's a HUGE number, but I guess if you steal enough then it adds up.

ARGH tell me about it. I tried uploading my photos from Sadler's Wells today - gave up when they told me they were too big, saved all my ones from Bloomsbury from photobucket because the originals are big, and after 20 minutes I managed to get 3 up. I think it may be my internet connection in halls too, because it's all shared, but even so, it's massively lame.

It's a good thing you told me cos I rarely go on MS, only when I've got an actual reason to, I never go just for browsing. I totally wouldn't have noticed.

This must be what Mika feels like every time someone downloads an illegal copy of his album. :sad:

ha ha htey can't be nicked anymore since she put her own little "stamp" on them :naughty:

My stamps are fiiiiiiitttt. :mf_rosetinted:

This blog from the King's Singers website might have already been posted on this thread but becasue there is also some news on the broadcast it's better posted again:

20 / 11 / 2009 - London concert with Mika

Two nights ago we sang at Union Chapel at a concert put together by BBC Radio 1 DJ, Jo Whiley, in aid of the learning disability charity, Mencap. The invitation to perform came directly from the singer songwriter, Mika, and over a period of months Phil has been working on arrangements of eight Mika songs - some from his last album 'Life in Cartoon Motion' and some from the new album 'We are Golden'.

This was an extraordinary meeting of musicians. Mika's talent is prodigious, not only as a singer and performer, but also as a songwriter. When we went for rehearsals in Putney on the day before the concert, we realised just how fabulous Mika's band is too - a bunch of top class musos and lovely people with it.

The concert in London's Union Chapel was part of Mencap's 'Little Noise Sessions" which have been filmed by Channel 4 for broadcast in December. It is anticipated that one of the songs we sang with Mika - 'Rain' - will be within the programme.

The evening was incredible fun and as soon as we have the official footage and photographs we will share them on this site, YouTube and beyond. There is already a huge amount of video footage from personal hand held cameras and mobiles on the web. For now, though, we share just a couple of shots taken at the rehearsal and show. More soon.

Source: http://www.kingssingers.com/news.php?nid=139

Oh thank you for this information!:thumb_yello: I really hope we will be able to watch it one way or the other!

With a professional sound recording....:wub2::blush-anim-cl:

hello this is probably out of the loop now but have had problems logging in. I'm so glad i went i got in no problems and ended up in the middle row about 9th row from the front fabulous view and mika sung like an angle (very good looking one:mf_lustslow:). I enjoyed the support acts as well, it was a shame paloma couldn't do her turn but i would recommend anyone to go.

I saw some people with MFC rossettes as well. It was strange seeing Donal McIntyre as he normally reports serious things like football hooligans but good to see him get up and dance like everyone else. :biggrin2:

Not long to hammersmith now :wink2:

:aah: I'm so late and everything has been said already (or I suppose so) that all I can really add is that I feel very lucky for the opportunity to attend this gig. Thanks to Sara, who kindly offered to take care of the tickets.

I enjoyed everything, even the queueing (which I did again although I actually had planned not to do - must be due to the great company :wub2:) It was such a great pleasure to meet some of you again and others for the very first time.

Finally got to meet the famous Bab, and oh my God, how she exceeded my expectations :wub2: It took me quite some time to realize Danika's not Jenny, but I think I will remember that now for the next time :naughty:. Caz, sorry for crashing your vlog, I was so excited to finally meet you for real that I didn't realize you were actually reporting :teehee:

Some Kensington Gardens impressions just for you:

pb190155.jpgpb190150.jpg

Suzie, I'm glad we got to share that select gig experience. You should be so right about the King's singers, but I already suspected that. The box still makes me laugh :roftl:

Allegra, as always I enjoyed every single minute in your presence, can't think of many things as entertaining as that.

Blue Eyes and Jester, you're so lovely. I'm proud I got to meet the artist in person :wub2:

Sara, you're priceless. But you know that. :huglove:

I expected that gig to be special. It turned out to be an understatement. It was so fantastic, oh my God. The sound in the building was really soo good! The support act (Alex Gardner, if I'm not mistaken) really benefitted from that, too. Seems like Union Chapel is the right place to do justice to great voices.

Talking of voices, Mika's voice was really in top shape, so powerful and clear. Wow.

What a fantastic choice to have the King's Singers perform with him. I would never have thought I'd enjoy this so much. After having heard GK so many times live I didn't think it was material for a surprise. Little did I know. Such a great arrangement. Over my shoulder and By the Time were like made for this night solely. So good.

It was fantastic to see how they enjoyed themselves up there. I guess it was not the response they usually get and it showed. :naughty:

I wish the set had not been so short.

And just to complain a little: Seems like I'm doomed. I never get Relax or Pick up at the gigs I attend. Is it the acoustic thing? Or the churches? Mika? :sneaky2:

Oh, and I realized that Mika was not really going for eye contact, which I think is unusual. Some of the King's Singers did this a lot, and the support act, too, so maybe that's why I specifically noticed that Mika didn't really connect. Maybe the distance to the die hard section was the reason for that - due to lots of non-used press space in the front.

But yeah, it surely was a night to remember.

Edited by violet_sky