REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA at Little Noise Sessions in London 18-11-2009

Christine

They've always changed. My mum was so keen on them in the 60's.

Thanks for the link - I had found it but it wasn't in my multi quote. I stayed off a day from here, hoping that someone would have done it when i came back. And you did.

Look.

For you.

:flowers2::flowers2::flowers2::flowers2::flowers2:

Ah okay, thought I'd post it in case you missed it - it's a fair few pages back.

You're very welcome. :biggrin2:

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We heard it in rehearsals in Toronto and iMMa sounded amazing doing Imogen's part. It was even written on the setlist and we assumed they would do it on the North American tour but Mika must have changed his mind and replaced it with Pick Up Off The Floor at the last minute.

:aah: You heard By The Time first ... :aah: Me hates you .... you've heard everything :tears::aah:

Not really :naughty:

:biggrin2:

God I wish it was February already :wub2:

:aah: You heard By The Time first ... :aah: Me hates you .... you've heard everything :tears::aah:

Not really :naughty:

:biggrin2:

God I wish it was February already :wub2:

I heard everything first, even Holy Johnny. :teehee:

I'm just teasing...you got WAG and Dr. John at iTunes didn't you? He'd already done Rain and Pick Up Off The Floor before I saw them as well.

Anyway you will not be disappointed in February. I think I See You is my favourite live song now. :wub2: His singing is as beautiful as with Lady Jane but I think the audience can relate more to the song and it fits in well with the rest of the set.

Better get on it! Don't wanna be stopped by passport control!

OMG I'm exciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiited. :aah:

gah I'm not, got all sorts going on before I have to think about freezing to the bone for hours on end probably catching swine flu and stuff, maybe I should quit all this malarki and take up knitting bun scarfs our something, at least I could keep warm. :naughty:

gah I'm not, got all sorts going on before I have to think about freezing to the bone for hours on end probably catching swine flu and stuff, maybe I should quit all this malarki and take up knitting bun scarfs our something, at least I could keep warm. :naughty:

I'd love to see you knitting in the queue. That'd be the best thing EVA.

Doesn't everyone?

I actually like some variety and to see some medium sized venues (3,000-4,000) because it's a higher energy show.

But I don't need to see another arena/stadium gig of any artist ever. With the exception of U2 where Bono spent the entire concert next to me on a catwalk 13 rows into the audience, I've never seen a great one in all my 25 years of gig going, even from the front row. They're just inherently crap.

maybe, but I really like tiny things, because of the intimacy. Like Jools Holland. And the pub. And Little Noise.

Smaller venue the better for me! Union Chapel is perfect, I tweeted Mika asking him to please do another gig there at some point!

I actually like some variety and to see some medium sized venues (3,000-4,000) because it's a higher energy show.

But I don't need to see another arena/stadium gig of any artist ever. With the exception of U2 where Bono spent the entire concert next to me on a catwalk 13 rows into the audience, I've never seen a great one in all my 25 years of gig going, even from the front row. They're just inherently crap.

I enjoyed seeing Scissor Sisters and Basement Jaxx at Wembley Arena, got great positions.

The Scissor Sisters one we were near the front, and under their familes!

And MJ at MK and Leeds was out of this world!

I like the smaller gigs best - Bloomsbury Ballroom, Little Noise, anything like that is fab, though of course I don't mind the bigger gigs, because there are plenty of them.

I suppose if we got too many tiny gigs we'd end up getting spoiled and medium sized gigs would feel really massive and we wouldn't enjoy them as much, whereas the tiny ones are a nice treat every now and then.

I like the smaller gigs best - Bloomsbury Ballroom, Little Noise, anything like that is fab, though of course I don't mind the bigger gigs, because there are plenty of them.

I suppose if we got too many tiny gigs we'd end up getting spoiled and medium sized gigs would feel really massive and we wouldn't enjoy them as much, whereas the tiny ones are a nice treat every now and then.

Yep, I agree with that, small ones every now and again, sounds lovely!:thumb_yello:

I have to agree about Toy Boy; To me, it was the best performance of it since he did it at the secret LA gig in The Roxy :wub2:.

To me as well....:thumb_yello:

Even though I wasn't there in LA, it was one of the few performances that was still enjoyable on YT...:blush-anim-cl:(I have 3 different recordings of it :bow:thanks to the fans who recorded it from front row and put them up on YT )

In general, I think he tends to 'hurry' with it and not keeping the stops and pauses that are necessary in my opinion... However, at the Union Chapel he applied the right tempo changes:thumb_yello:

I keep thinking it was partly because the atmosphere was most suitable (ie.like it was some sort of classical music concert) and also because he did not have to worry about messing it up on the piano / celesta.....:naughty:

I enjoyed seeing Scissor Sisters and Basement Jaxx at Wembley Arena, got great positions.

The Scissor Sisters one we were near the front, and under their familes!

And MJ at MK and Leeds was out of this world!

I still haven't been to a regular gig- I'm looking forward to Feb. I've done the extremes- PDP and the accoustic ones

Bruce Springsteen was great in a stadium- I wasn't even near the front- the whole place was just so into it- Which wasn't the case at PDP.