REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA at Little Noise Sessions in London 18-11-2009

Christine

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's brilliant. I squeed for you when he said that. That's was brilliant. I love him.

Yeah, and then he started talking to me about Bill Nighy and stuff. I had a tiny conversation with Mika. I was so happy haha. (Still am, obviously :blush-anim-cl:)

I'm so glad he liked it :biggrin2:

I know this stinks for Jazzy, really I do, but may I suggest we stop the vendetta against this particular girl? :wags_finger:

So far anyone can upload anything on MS, they approve anything, and there is a lot of spamming, stupid meaningless smiley comments, ridiculous photos and everything, and she is not the only one doing it. It just so happened that her activity was easy to spot, but there are 21000+ people on MS, and we only see the activity which gets on the front page/recent activity. I think Jazzy putting a message on her vids (and anyone else for that matter) is the best thing to do, and if necessary, a request to the people to remove the vids from their profiles. But the whole system is at fault. Anyone can upload youtube videos by posting links. It is more like a "favourite this video" system, rather than a post your own vids to your profile system.

If uploading the videos didn't get people points, if uploading them was simply an act of collecting your favourite videos in one place (much as we can do on YT by creating Playlists) then this issue wouldn't be quite so heated. It doesn't appear she did this with malicious intent.

You know, we can all hide behind out user titles etc.on MFC or MS. The internet is pretty anonymous, but sometimes the people doing these things are people we become good friends with on the forum, or stand next to in a queue, or are the sister or friend of someone we know. It really pays to retain our manners even when they are offending us immensely. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm not up for a vendetta, I'm up for justice. I've taken the formal route and I do appreciate the support from others when it comes to stealing. It IS wrong and as a community it shouldn't be happening, especially not five seconds after the videos have been put on youtube.

Having said that though, I'm sure it will be resolved properly through the official channels, so there needn't be any witch hunts.

I think her general attitude towards it though, having seen that the videos belong to someone else is appalling and perhaps that is the reason people are reacting. She basically has this tough luck attitude that I for one will not tolerate.

(And personally, I don't give a damn if I stand next to her in the queue, though I get your point.)

Yeah, and then he started talking to me about Bill Nighy and stuff. I had a tiny conversation with Mika. I was so happy haha. (Still am, obviously :blush-anim-cl:)

I'm so glad he liked it :biggrin2:

Yeeeah it's so great - it really sticks in your memory doesn't it? I didn't have a conversation, but I had a sentence swap and the memory of him turning around to look at me and smiling when I spoke to him will be an image I keep in my mind til my dying day.

I keep randomly grinning, it's fab.

I knew he'd love it. Bet it makes it worthwhile, carrying it on all the trains and asking your boss if you can have it. :biggrin2:

I know this stinks for Jazzy, really I do, but may I suggest we stop the vendetta against this particular girl? :wags_finger:

So far anyone can upload anything on MS, they approve anything, and there is a lot of spamming, stupid meaningless smiley comments, ridiculous photos and everything, and she is not the only one doing it. It just so happened that her activity was easy to spot, but there are 21000+ people on MS, and we only see the activity which gets on the front page/recent activity. I think Jazzy putting a message on her vids (and anyone else for that matter) is the best thing to do, and if necessary, a request to the people to remove the vids from their profiles. But the whole system is at fault. Anyone can upload youtube videos by posting links. It is more like a "favourite this video" system, rather than a post your own vids to your profile system.

If uploading the videos didn't get people points, if uploading them was simply an act of collecting your favourite videos in one place (much as we can do on YT by creating Playlists) then this issue wouldn't be quite so heated. It doesn't appear she did this with malicious intent.

You know, we can all hide behind out user titles etc.on MFC or MS. The internet is pretty anonymous, but sometimes the people doing these things are people we become good friends with on the forum, or stand next to in a queue, or are the sister or friend of someone we know. It really pays to retain our manners even when they are offending us immensely. :mf_rosetinted:[/quote]

Acctually I agree with that, that's why I only mentioned about permission to use them since I KNEW they were NOT her own.

I also agree that it could be someone we "know" but I find it harder to swallow that they do it unintentionally, I guess it's possible though it just depends on WHO the person is and how puter "with it" they are.

But yes it was a nice idea but the system is terribly flawed since some ppl will stop at nothing and some have more debatable morals than others.

It's a good idea though to put a note on the vids (will they stay on even if someone D/L's them off youtube?) see even I don't know that answer, I also don't know how to watermark a pic, (tho I find watermarks infuriating, I would leave it on the bottom of a pic if that is where the owner put it, but when it's right across the best bit). :sneaky2:

She's now put "Thank you for the video!" (in French, obv) in the description as though this makes it all right. She hasn't even credited me by name and she should be taking them down. I don't get her. She's really trying to get round this isn't she?

Either way, it's not right, it's not acceptable, and hopefully I'll be hearing from MS soon.

I think her general attitude towards it though, having seen that the videos belong to someone else is appalling and perhaps that is the reason people are reacting. She basically has this tough luck attitude that I for one will not tolerate.

That was mainly the reason for my reaction. I get where you're coming from, BS, but the way she was all "i know it's another person's video but I'ma keep it on here anyway" is childish and annoying. If she had credited Jazzy, then there wouldn't be much of a problem.

Yeeeah it's so great - it really sticks in your memory doesn't it? I didn't have a conversation, but I had a sentence swap and the memory of him turning around to look at me and smiling when I spoke to him will be an image I keep in my mind til my dying day.

I keep randomly grinning, it's fab.

I knew he'd love it. Bet it makes it worthwhile, carrying it on all the trains and asking your boss if you can have it. :biggrin2:

I keep grinning too lol. Aww. He has something I gave him :wub2: (Though my mum said "he's probably put it in the bin now, though". Honestly, she's forever the pessimist.)

I told my team leader about it and he couldn't quite get his head round it.

Me: I gave Mika the astroboy poster, he really liked it

Drew: What?

Me: Mika has the astroboy poster.

Drew: Mika?

Me: Yes. He really liked it.

Drew: Really?

Me: yeah! He went "AAAWWW, YEEAAAH!" Then started talking to me about Bill Nighy and how astroboy is his screensaver.

Drew: What, so you're like, actually friends with Mika?

Me: Um, no.

Drew: So the astroboy poster is in the hands of a celebrity?

Me: Yeah.

Drew: That's pretty cool.

:roftl:

That was mainly the reason for my reaction. I get where you're coming from, BS, but the way she was all "i know it's another person's video but I'ma keep it on here anyway" is childish and annoying. If she had credited Jazzy, then there wouldn't be much of a problem.

I keep grinning too lol. Aww. He has something I gave him :wub2: (Though my mum said "he's probably put it in the bin now, though". Honestly, she's forever the pessimist.)

I told my team leader about it and he couldn't quite get his head round it.

Me: I gave Mika the astroboy poster, he really liked it

Drew: What?

Me: Mika has the astroboy poster.

Drew: Mika?

Me: Yes. He really liked it.

Drew: Really?

Me: yeah! He went "AAAWWW, YEEAAAH!" Then started talking to me about Bill Nighy and how astroboy is his screensaver.

Drew: What, so you're like, actually friends with Mika?

Me: Um, no.

Drew: So the astroboy poster is in the hands of a celebrity?

Me: Yeah.

Drew: That's pretty cool.

:roftl:

Yeah, any decent person would take them down as soon as someone has contacted them saying that they are the owner of the videos and they want them to take them down, as I have done. I've told them that I've contacted the official people and she still insists upon keeping them up. I wouldn't be so bothered if she had credited me by name, though I still would have politely asked that she remove them because they are mine and I would want to upload them myself. Her attitude, in my opinion, is disrespectful and immature.

Aaaw I bet it's on his wall. I don't think he'd EVER put that in the bin. You should totally have said yes when your boss asked if you were friends with him though. Hahaha.

I just visited my Favourites at youtube to access By The Time from the Little Noise Sessions.

I love this performance so much & I thought I would watch it again.

Well Hell: During the first couple of seconds there is this alert:

"If you steal my videos, then I pray the camel of misfortune will ALWAYS give you the hump."

Jazzy I swear I was just there to watch it.:shocked::shocked:

I hadn't even contemplated stealing it!!

You are tuff girl!!:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

Yeah, any decent person would take them down as soon as someone has contacted them saying that they are the owner of the videos and they want them to take them down, as I have done. I've told them that I've contacted the official people and she still insists upon keeping them up. I wouldn't be so bothered if she had credited me by name, though I still would have politely asked that she remove them because they are mine and I would want to upload them myself. Her attitude, in my opinion, is disrespectful and immature.

Aaaw I bet it's on his wall. I don't think he'd EVER put that in the bin. You should totally have said yes when your boss asked if you were friends with him though. Hahaha.

Exactly. Argh.

Yes I totally should have "yes" to that question LOL. Ahahaha. How funny.

It's probably not on his wall though, since he had to get to Australia. It's probably propped up against the wall in his hall or something haha.

I just visited my Favourites at youtube to access By The Time from the Little Noise Sessions.

"If you steal my videos, then I pray the camel of misfortune will ALWAYS give you the hump."

You are tuff girl!!:roftl::roftl::roftl::roftl:

My By The Time video has a slight embarrassing moment. When the King's Singers start I do a sharp intake of breath and go "Ooohhhhhh myyyy Gooooood" ahahaha :roftl:

We Are Golden:

"You steal my videos and you won't be getting magic numbers, Krystl2707, you'll be getting my magic boot up your magic arse."

Jazzy! Hahahaha!

:badmood::taz::sniper::starwars::mf_plasmawhore::rocket::gun_bandana::raygun:

:rip_1:

On a more serious note:

Good for you Jazzy!

When the King's Singers start I do a sharp intake of breath and go "Ooohhhhhh myyyy Gooooood" ahahaha :roftl:

And that split second made me :tears: Caz. Never remove it, please. It was such a TOTAL FANGURL reaction, I loved it, I woulda been the same.

You are tuff girl!!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

It's just a general warning. I'm sure the camel of misfortune will always smile upon you. :roftl:

And I'm from Romford, of course I'm a tough girl, that's how they make 'em. :teehee:

Exactly. Argh.

Yes I totally should have "yes" to that question LOL. Ahahaha. How funny.

It's probably not on his wall though, since he had to get to Australia. It's probably propped up against the wall in his hall or something haha.

My By The Time video has a slight embarrassing moment. When the King's Singers start I do a sharp intake of breath and go "Ooohhhhhh myyyy Gooooood" ahahaha :roftl:

He'll put it up soon enough, I bet. If you hadn't have given him it I bet he would have tried to blag one from his local cinema.

Don't worry about the OMG, it just means people realise how amazing it was.

We Are Golden:

"You steal my videos and you won't be getting magic numbers, Krystl2707, you'll be getting my magic boot up your magic arse."

Jazzy! Hahahaha!

:badmoo d::taz::snip er::starwars::mf_plasm awhore::rocket::gun_ban dana::ray gun:

:rip_1:

On a more serious note:

Good for you Jazzy!

Hahaha that was in part inspired by a quote from Die Hard 3, where Gruber is on the phone telling Samuel L Jackson about well laid plans and Samuel L Jackson just turns around and goes 'Well how about you shove your well laid plan up your well laid ass!' and it's possibly one of the greatest underrated film qotes EVER.

Like I said, I ain't gonna take this lying down. She's trying to take baby steps to appease me but still keep as much credit as she possibly can. That's not on. I shouldn't have to ask twice for her to remove them.

Yes, I want her conscious to catch up with her and manifest itself in tears. :biggrin2:

She's well cheeky though. She can kiss my digital ass though if she thinks I'm gonna take that shiz lying down.

Is it bad that I'm ALMOST enjoying this because it's so silly?

I LOVE that phrase!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

It cracked me up:naughty:

I must say that, everyone must realise that if you take something from someone elses site, which you clearly didn't film, it IS stealing!

You can't just claim ignorance, saying you thought it was okay to do, because it's on a public site, if you didn't do the work, you shouldn't pass it off as your own. And if you have permission to use it, you should say were you got it from and who made it.

This person has 14 videos up I hear, are they from LN or from other things?

I LOVE that phrase!:roftl::roftl::roftl:

It cracked me up:naughty:

I must say that, everyone must realise that if you take something from someone elses site, which you clearly didn't film, it IS stealing!

You can't just claim ignorance, saying you thought it was okay to do, because it's on a public site, if you didn't do the work, you shouldn't pass it off as your own. And if you have permission to use it, you should say were you got it from and who made it.

It's my ENTIRE Little Noise collection. I filmed the whole gig and she put everthing up.

On a brighter note though, I just got an email response from a lovely man named Simon (and it looks hilarious next to my essay).

Laura

I’ll resolve this today

EXCELLENT!

It's my ENTIRE Little Noise collection. I filmed the whole gig and she put everthing up.

On a brighter note though, I just got an email response from a lovely man named Simon (and it looks hilarious next to my essay).

Laura

I’ll resolve this today

EXCELLENT!

:thumb_yello: nice one, ooo does this mean ppl are at work on MS....does this mean there might be a small golden announcement the top of next year maybe, or maybe they have to get replies from the emailed winners first (I am presuming here guys) I KNOW NOTHING :mf_rosetinted: I am no keeper of any secrets :teehee: I have not been sworn to secrecy but I am so excited it's going to be the best ever.

Laura

I’ll resolve this today

EXCELLENT!

My God, ALL your vids!!!:shocked:

I'm appalled!:sneaky2:

Oh, we love Simon, whoever he might be:wub2:

:thumb_yello: nice one, ooo does this mean ppl are at work on MS....does this mean there might be a small golden announcement the top of next year maybe, or maybe they have to get replies from the emailed winners first (I am presuming here guys) I KNOW NOTHING :mf_rosetinted: I am no keeper of any secrets :teehee: I have not been sworn to secrecy but I am so excited it's going to be the best ever.

I think it means there's always someone running stuff on there, at least during the day. Stuff needs approving, disapproving and taking down constantly, so I imagine they've got someone handling all that. And someone handling essays from people like me.

My God, ALL your vids!!!:shocked:

I'm appalled!:sneaky2:

Yeah, I was pretty appalled as well. I'm not so fussed about the points, though I'll be flipping well claiming them myself when this is sorted, but about the fact that the videos were taken without asking, posted in order to gain points, weren't credited (and even now she hasn't credit with my name, just said 'thanks for the video' after pressure from people on here, which in turn implies that I gave her permission to post them) and then when asked to take them down by the owner and several others, she downright refuses and is flippant and dismissive. Her attitude just makes me want to PROPERLY take her down because anyone with half a conscience would take them down at the request of the owner, but she's just been rude and can't possibly hope to keep them up.

I hope there's a three strikes and out system, where if she does it again, she's banned and all points are taken away.

And that split second made me :tears: Caz. Never remove it, please. It was such a TOTAL FANGURL reaction, I loved it, I woulda been the same.

Did I really fangurl? Dammit :naughty:

I just wasn't expecting that song to be sung. And it's so beautiful.

Laura

I’ll resolve this today

EXCELLENT!

Brilliant. Oh I love Simon, he's so helpful. Maybe we should make a gift for him and get Mika to pass it on :roftl: *jokes*

Brilliant. Oh I love Simon, he's so helpful. Maybe we should make a gift for him and get Mika to pass it on :roftl: *jokes*

Simon's a DUDE. He's awesome. I want a full report detailing all actions taken, and hopefully he will provide.

I keep checking my emails, hahaha.

Simon's a DUDE. He's awesome. I want a full report detailing all actions taken, and hopefully he will provide.

I keep checking my emails, hahaha.

LOL, I can imagine it being a Bartock moment from the film Anastacia.

"Well, I gave her a HAI-YA! Then a "HOO-WOW!" then a "HYAA!" and then I kicked her, ma'am."

:lmfao:

Laura

I’ll resolve this today

You're funny :biggrin2:; This made me LOL.

And this also made me laugh :roftl:. It's true though, anyone who is willing to help in such a thing is automatically my friend :naughty:. I hate injustice.

Yeah, I was pretty appalled as well. I'm not so fussed about the points, though I'll be flipping well claiming them myself when this is sorted, but about the fact that the videos were taken without asking, posted in order to gain points, weren't credited (and even now she hasn't credit with my name, just said 'thanks for the video' after pressure from people on here, which in turn implies that I gave her permission to post them) and then when asked to take them down by the owner and several others, she downright refuses and is flippant and dismissive. Her attitude just makes me want to PROPERLY take her down because anyone with half a conscience would take them down at the request of the owner, but she's just been rude and can't possibly hope to keep them up.

I hope there's a three strikes and out system, where if she does it again, she's banned and all points are taken away.

The problem with this Mika points system, where people get points for posting stuff, is that it will always be open to abuse. And, because many (or should I even dare say most? :teehee:) people out there are out for their own selfish benefit, these things will ALWAYS happen. For every few respectful people with morals, you get another bunch of selfish pricks who just want to get whatever they can for themselves, and won't think twice about doing so by going against others.

Sadly, this is just the way of the world, and the Mika points system is just a bit utopic IMO in the sense that it's trying to run in a world that can't really acommodate it. This is why I personally think that they shouldn't give points to anyone for posting anything. It would cut out a lot of spam on the site, making administration a lot easier, and stop all these horrible behaviours that only cause friction and problems between fans.

I really don't want to sound negative or cinical, but I think that sometimes reality just hits you on the face and it's impossible to ignore, and this is one of those occasions :wink2:

http://mikasounds.s04.pre.umguk.vvhp.net/profile/view/364354

There is the link again thanks to Sparkly1,

I think since RAK1 has remined us that Krystal2707 stole 14 vids off of Jazzy & others we should leave 14 nasty comments for her.

I have left one & some others have left some.

The MFC Task Force at work!:rm_stormtrooper:

:blowup:

LOL, I can imagine it being a Bartock moment from the film Anastacia.

"Well, I gave her a HAI-YA! Then a "HOO-WOW!" then a "HYAA!" and then I kicked her, ma'am."

:lmfao:

It'd have to be in internet speak though, so it'd be:

"Well first I pwned her, then I LOLd, then I told her to GTFO and I banned her!" :mf_rosetinted:

You're funny :biggrin2:; This made me LOL.

And this also made me laugh :roftl:. It's true though, anyone who is willing to help in such a thing is automatically my friend :naughty:. I hate injustice.

The problem with this Mika points system, where people get points for posting stuff, is that it will always be open to abuse. And, because many (or should I even dare say most? :teehee:) people out there are out for their own selfish benefit, these things will ALWAYS happen. For every few respectful people with morals, you get another bunch of selfish pricks who just want to get whatever they can for themselves, and won't think twice about doing so by going against others.

Sadly, this is just the way of the world, and the Mika points system is just a bit utopic IMO in the sense that it's trying to run in a world that can't really acommodate it. This is why I personally think that they shouldn't give points to anyone for posting anything. It would cut out a lot of spam on the site, making administration a lot easier, and stop all these horrible behaviours that only cause friction and problems between fans.

I really don't want to sound negative or cinical, but I think that sometimes reality just hits you on the face and it's impossible to ignore, and this is one of those occasions :wink2:

I often find displeasure brings out the best in me, comedy wise. :naughty:

Hopefully though, the people who ARE abusing the system will get caught out, as this woman here has, and they will be dealt with. The points system is in its very early days, so once it's been going for a few years, with any luck it'll be the people that use it well who are benefitting most.

I guess the idea behind points for post is to encourage activity and chat, rather than spam, though this is an unfortunate side effect. You get it everywhere though where there are no rewards for it, so I'm not sure the spam would completely stop. Also, if you take out the posting element, then it is just a 'you buy this you get points' system which does become about money, which isn't what it should be about...in an ideal world of course.