MIKA's funny interview on Novafm in Sydney ft. Let it Snow acoustic

Blue Sky

Thanks Marina; all your links are great!♥

Willy Wonka, behave yourself! What is Santa going to say?!!!!!

Great thread! Mika could sing anything I'd love it; his voice is so wonderful to listen when he simply speaks too! I don't care so much about Christmas songs, but Mika's "Let it snow" is the best Christmas song I ever heard!:)

You remember those bottles of thick yellow liquid, they used to advertise?

Warninks Advocaat, it was our version of eggnog. Looked like someone poured a load of beaten eggs into a bottle.

Ha, advocaat is Dutch. (http://www.in-the-spirit-shop.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28&products_id=28&zenid=e29ef03e08c0f5535b02e7e78ce47e86)

It's basically drunk by elderly ladies:wink2:. My grandmother always tried to fed me advocaat when I was a little girl! I hated the taste of it, still do! It looks like vanille-pudding but it is yuckie!

Thanks BS* for the link and Droopsy for the download!

OMG Let it snow!:swoon:

*Every time I read BS instead of thinking Blue Sky I think bull****:teehee:

That is not the first time :mf_rosetinted: This thought has occurred to many. Every time I sign my PMs....

xoxox

BS

:wink2:

Video interview Mika on fashion

http://www.novafm.com.au/Nova969/Video_Mika-on-fashion_4086

While Mika was in town he caught up with Maz and Kerley about his new album.

Oh the 11 day 2 suitcase thing was from September!!

15ry3hx.jpg

That one should get saved and put on the front page on Christmas Day wonka!!

My kids go to school on Christmas Day. Christmas only exists in the shops here:aah:

15ry3hx.jpg

Oh Good Ms. Wonka -- I see the Bishop dropped in on you & gave you a talking to. :teehee::teehee:

I had to tell him - well it slipped out - honest.:roftl:

He's adorable. No matter the quality or cliche-ness, I love Mika's voice anywhere. But yeah, I'd love if he did "Last Christmas". :wub2:

I really like Mika's version of Let It Snow.

I would love it if Mika did a Christams album (next year) as long as he would compose at least 2 new Christmas songs & he check with us about the old standby Christmas songs to be included.

I just love Mika's voice!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

He could sing the telephone book & I would love it.

Ohhhh! I have it BAD!!:roftl::roftl:

Mika-drops-in-to-Nova-99336.jpg

In this pic he's talking to two different radio announcers. So I'm wondering if this one was on the Monday, and there's another interview? (Unless it's already been listed on the Mika in Aus in November thread? Hard to keep track:mf_rosetinted:)

Particularly since this pic is captioned "Mika explains his obsession with chicken breasts" and I didn't hear anything about chicken breasts in the Let It Snow interview.

That one should get saved and put on the front page on Christmas Day wonka!!

:naughty::thumb_yello:

Oh Good Ms. Wonka -- I see the Bishop dropped in on you & gave you a talking to. :teehee::teehee:

I had to tell him - well it slipped out - honest.:roftl:

:sneaky2:

[/b]

First one was a bit harsh, had to xmastize things a bit...:mf_rosetinted:

Ha, advocaat is Dutch. (http://www.in-the-spirit-shop.co.uk/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28&products_id=28&zenid=e29ef03e08c0f5535b02e7e78ce47e86)

It's basically drunk by elderly ladies:wink2:. My grandmother always tried to fed me advocaat when I was a little girl! I hated the taste of it, still do! It looks like vanille-pudding but it is yuckie!

Your granny tried to feed you a liqueur? :blink::naughty:

Egg nog is a bit like a milkshake and you either drink it on its own or add rum.

Oh the 11 day 2 suitcase thing was from September!!

It was June wasn't it?

ah interesting, in german it's called "eierlikör", and leo.org gives me the translation advocaat for it. :wink2: but guess it's a brand name, isn't it? here the most popular one is verpoorten, guess that's also dutch. :naughty: as i said before, i love the aprés-ski-drink hot advocaat with whipped cream, not for old ladies at all, lol! :roftl: but i always quite liked it, got a little sip every year at new year's eve when i was a child, and i loved it! much more than the champagne that the grown-ups in my family drank. :naughty:

This is what we drink in Sweden when it's Christmas!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulled_wine

:wink2:

yeah, as violet said, we have that too... but i prefer feuerzangenbowle, it's quite similar but i prefer the taste and find it funny that it burns: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feuerzangenbowle :bleh:

Thanks for posting and providing the links and the downloads.:thumb_yello:

Let it Snow. Omigod. Sexy. Damn.:mf_lustslow:

This interview is about Mika. I'd be a little annoyed if I was him and they had Robbie Williams on the brain while the interview is supposed to be about me. Geez...

If he releases a Christmas album I'll strangle him:mf_rosetinted:

But I love his version of Let it Snow:wub2:

Then I'ma have to tie you up pre-emptively to prevent your stranglage. Consider yourself overruled! :mf_rosetinted:

don't know about the brits, but i've never tried eggnog... don't think we have it here, we only have advocaat, but my online research tells me that it's not the same as eggnog. and it's not typical for christmas in germany either... but last year on my skiing holiday in italy i've tried "vov", which basically is hot advocaat with whipped cream, and that was soo delicious!

I've tried advocaat! My mother-in-law drinks it. She does something weird with it - I think she mixes it with Sprite. :dunno:

But yeah, eggnog is totally different. Apparently it's consumed in Canada, the US, and Luxembourg. Random!

Oh and random trivia: Starbucks locations here do an eggnog latte in November and December. Yummeh!

i can't imagine him doing an album full of covers, or even just mainly consisting of covers. i just hope he sings 1-2 different xmas songs on the radio every year, so in a few years we can put together our very own mika xmas album.

The problem with radio covers is that they're not the best sound quality. :no:

That's why he needs to do a proper Christmas album, so we can have super high quality versions. :wub2:

15ry3hx.jpg

Aww! I LOVE THAT! Totally gonna talk the other moddies into putting that on our front page on Christmas Day. *saves pic*

He's adorable. No matter the quality or cliche-ness, I love Mika's voice anywhere. But yeah, I'd love if he did "Last Christmas".

Yes, yes, yes! That would be one of my ultimate Mika dream covers! His voice would be SO perfect for Last Christmas. :mf_lustslow:

Done in the style of Darren Hayes' cover:

That would be just... :fangurl:

Thanks for posting and providing the links and the downloads.:thumb_yello:

Let it Snow. Omigod. Sexy. Damn.:mf_lustslow:

This interview is about Mika. I'd be a little annoyed if I was him and they had Robbie Williams on the brain while the interview is supposed to be about me. Geez...

I know, eh? And his indignant cry of "I'm not bait!" Poor thing.

And yes, that lower part of his voice is just delicious. Like Belgian chocolate for your ears. :blush-anim-cl:

And just let it snow:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y5bsic

I must admit:

I love Christmas

I love everything Christmas related

I love the cheesy decorations in the stores that start in october and november already :wub2:

I love Christmas movies and carols

I love the song let it snow, and I love it when Mika sings it!

He really should bring out a Christmas album :wub2:

:wink2: I couldn't agree more! I LOVE love LoVe Christmas and everything that goes with it!! And a Mika Christmas album would be the perfect gift in my stocking!! Haha ;) Can you just hear him sing something beautiful like "O Holy Night" or my favorite- "O Come All Ye Faithful" :biggrin2: