Wax statue of Mika in the Grévin Museum

Droopsy

When I see the new wax statue of Madonna in the Musee Grevin...I'm really scared for Mika!!!!!...:yikes:

sssssssp.jpg

i dont think this is that scary.. at least it doesnt look like chucky doll. Ew, I always hate that kind of doll.

and besides, madonna herself has been quite scary these days..she's too muscled, but way too skinny..ew...

No wonder he has his own wax statue, he is a very good musician. Soon he'll have one in Madame Tussauds. :wink2:

He doesn't have one in Madame Tussauds, does he ?

Of course he doesn't. You don't seriously expect Britain to realise how legendary Mika is, do you?

There is one of Amy Winehouse in there though.

Of course he doesn't. You don't seriously expect Britain to realise how legendary Mika is, do you?

There is one of Amy Winehouse in there though.

Well if there are Amy Winehouse and Miley Cyrus statues I think it might be reasonable if our Mika would have one :teehee:

Btw does Lady Gaga have one ?

Well if there are Amy Winehouse and Miley Cyrus statues I think it might be reasonable if our Mika would have one :teehee:

Btw does Lady Gaga have one ?

I think Mika deffinately should have a statue in London. He's a hardworking young man with a triumphant summer of touring behind him. It's not fair that he isn't honoured with a statue.

What he needs is to win Best Live Act and Best Male at the EMAs. Then they would sit up and take notice. I really hope he gets those two noms.

Has it posted ?? :blink:

Franck Dubosc et Mika au musée Grévin

07 Septembre 2010 à 15h45, écrit par Nathib

Comme son pote Michael Youn, le comique Franck Dubosc va avoir droit à son double de cire au célèbre musée Grévin.

Mika devrait lui aussi rapidement rejoindre le clan des privilégiés.

Même les sosies de cire sont sur Purefans News by Adobuzz !

C’est le 20 septembre 2010 que Franck Dubosc fera sa grande entrée au musée Grévin.

Sa statue de cire rejoindra tous les personnages célèbres déjà immortalisés, une vraie consécration pour le comique !

Et visiblement, la fierté est également du côté du musée : "Grand humoriste généreux et proche du cœur des Français, Franck Dubosc est résolument une figure emblématique de la scène artistique française" déclare ainsi l'Académie Grévin.

Selon TVMag, un autre petit nouveau ne devrait pas tarder à rejoindre ses petits camarades. Son nom ? Mika !

http://www.adobuzz.com/news/franck-dubosc-mika-statue-cire-musee-grevin.html

Comme son pote Michael Youn, le comique Franck Dubosc va avoir droit à son double de cire au célèbre musée Grévin.

C’est le 20 septembre 2010 que Franck Dubosc fera sa grande entrée au musée Grévin.

Sa statue de cire rejoindra tous les personnages célèbres déjà immortalisés, une vraie consécration pour le comique !

Et visiblement, la fierté est également du côté du musée : "Grand humoriste généreux et proche du cœur des Français, Franck Dubosc est résolument une figure emblématique de la scène artistique française" déclare ainsi l'Académie Grévin.

Selon TVMag, un autre petit nouveau ne devrait pas tarder à rejoindre ses petits camarades. Son nom ? Mika !

same info:teehee:

they say that Mika should soon be displayed there (wow, that sounds odd:naughty:)

i personally hate wax statues & wax museums ...

they give me the hibby jibbies :teehee:

:teehee:it IS strange! i enjoyed it in New York, but i think you cant help but notice the flaws when its from artists you know well... youre like: awww, it doesnt look that much like him/her:teehee:

i guess its hard to make wax look like a person:roftl:

I was wondering when it would be displayed :thumb_yello:

i personally hate wax statues & wax museums ...

they give me the hibby jibbies :teehee:

:roftl: Same here

what does it say? will mika's wax statue be there from sept 20?

what does it say? will mika's wax statue be there from sept 20?

No, it's the wax statue of a French actor and humor artist named Franck Dubosc which will appear the 20th of September.

The Mika statue will be finish at the end of this year.

http://videos.tf1.fr/infos/jt-off/jt-off-grevin-les-secrets-de-l-illusion-6075953.html :biggrin2:

mikawebsite thank you :wub2::thumb_yello:for this link on twitter we can see the start of construction of the statue of Mika :wink2:

interresting is how they manage to achieve its waxworks hate to see when finished !!

Edited by julia2a

http://videos.tf1.fr/infos/jt-off/jt-off-grevin-les-secrets-de-l-illusion-6075953.html :biggrin2:

mikawebsite thank you :wub2::thumb_yello:for this link on twitter we can see the start of construction of the statue of Mika :wink2:

interresting is how they manage to achieve its waxworks hate to see when finished !!

Ahhh merci beaucoup julia !! c'est dommage qu'ils aient pas voulu nous montrer ou est ce qu'ils en sont dans les travaux , but anyway these wax works looks so real :aah:

Lovely :biggrin2: I can't see the vid, but the pics look great. Does it mean it will be ready by December?

ok, so, at the beggining theyre talking about other characters, how they make alot of pictures, the celebrities must visit the studio once or twice to get the measures and the pictures. And they try to be as true as possible to the real person's image.

Translation from 1:20, where they start talking about Mika

Artist: So, im unmolding, open the mold. It's been made on the head of the sculpture of Mika. So its a mold in elastic. And in this mold, a head made of wax will be poured inside.

*shows other molds*

Artist: Its made from natural bee wax. And thats an example of an unused head made of wax. They're hollow, so the sculptors can the put the eyes inside and the teeth. The wax is a material quite fragile.

Journalist: You have to redo them quite often? You need to repair?

Artist: On the heads, its mostly the ears, because people can touch the statues.

*inside studio (2:04)*

Female Artist: Mika, its our next character. He's going to be ready in December. We cant show him. So yeah, you can see his nice hair. And now, we have to make him come alive with paint. I work with pictures. All the details, beauty spots (is that the right word??), veins... Computer is great cause we can get into details.

Then they talk about other artists, how theyve got doubles of heads cause they sometimes need to repair them, especially the hair. And then Frank Dubosc statue...

And at 3:55 Mika again :teehee:

Artist: For Mika, is it okay for the costume?

other artist: yeah, we recieved stuff, shoes... the size... *she writes "in process". its a team work.. To do the eyes we need the shoes...

and thats it:teehee:

ok, so, at the beggining theyre talking about other characters, how they make alot of pictures, the celebrities must visit the studio once or twice to get the measures and the pictures. And they try to be as true as possible to the real person's image.

Artist: So, im unmolding, open the mold. It's been made on the head of the sculpture of Mika. So its a mold in elastic. And in this mold, a head made of wax will be poured inside.

*shows other molds*

Artist: Its made from natural bee wax. And thats an example of an unused head made of wax. They're hollow, so the sculptors can the put the eyes inside and the teeth. The wax is a material quite fragile.

Artist: On the heads, its mostly the ears, because people can touch the statues.

Female Artist: Mika, its our next character. He's going to be ready in December. We cant show him. So yeah, you can see his nice hair. And now, we have to make him come alive with paint. I work with pictures. All the details, beauty spots (is that the right word??), veins... Computer is great cause we can get into details.

Then they talk about other artists, how theyve got doubles of heads cause they sometimes need to repair them, especially the hair. And then Frank Dubosc statue...

other artist: yeah, we recieved stuff, shoes... the size... *she writes "in process". its a team work.. To do the eyes we need the shoes...

Thankies :thumb_yello:

So we can see his nice hair :das: I'd love to see the clothing he will get :biggrin2:

Thankies :thumb_yello:

So we can see his nice hair :das: I'd love to see the clothing he will get :biggrin2:

me toooooooo, i tried reading what she wrote on the white board under his name.... and all i could read was "clown" so i guess thats not it:roftl::roftl:

I want to have that silicone form of Mika's head...:blink:

*shows other molds*

thank you!! :wub2: Edited by mari62