REPORTS - Mika @ Peter Live show 18-12-2009, Brussels

lollipop_monkey

Okay, it seems people are back fom the Peter Live show and are eager to tell us about it! :biggrin2:

Interview + performance:

[YOUTUBE]p8gKp7NpghQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]egPSeghF9LE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2zIO_QQ16FI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]aPKr4ov9fhk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]jwp6gx6GCfk[/YOUTUBE]

=============================

Part 4 with Randy the Rat with English subtitles:

:uk::uk: Randy the Rat Video @Peter live (2009-12-25)

FuzwPzdn6Ms

Transcription thanks to Laura, timing and merging by DerMoment1608

Edited by mari62
adding links to interview + performance

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was AWESOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (excuse my usage of capital letters:mf_rosetinted:)

So where to start really... I'm just gonna tell my day.

So it started with radio contact... As some of you know, there were 4 tickets by team Mika for this event, and luckily I was one of them. I'll let the others tell you their story..This was amazing. It was a small studio, and there were these... like a tribune, you know? Well you can see it in the pics obviously :roftl: And I sat on his right side, with martin on the right from me :teehee: It felt like a livingroom gig (okay, just 3 songs but it was enough :wub2:)... with an extra bonus interview, I was happy I understood 90% of it since it was in French. :naughty: Loved it during commercials and songs that he was soundchecking just in front of us.. And he didn't intend to do BIOTG but was gonna try it anyways. So during the testing he started clapping, and of course we started clapping as well, but the rest of the audience was a bit wrong with the rhythm, and he was looking down the row, and then he looked at me, saw I did it correctly and smiled at me :wub2: I also asked him if we could sing along during the performance (we had no idea), but he didn't know either... So we kept quiet...

Then the m&g, I brought him a whole bag of belgian chocolates, unfortunately there was this mug with chocolate in it and it got broken :( So I was like apologizing, saying sorry sorry, but he didn't care, he seemed very happy with it. Immediately took the bag, started looking at it and in it :aah: Said it was really really nice of me, thanked me and then he gives you this look, some of you know what I mean, this happy thank you look :wub2:

I asked him to sign my piano book, I'm happy I finally had the chance to let him sign it. I never wanted to take it with me to gigs since it's so big... Anyways, so he asked my name, and I had the same thing happening to me what always happens... I spell my name... And I spell the 'i' like the flemish i... what is actually the 'e' in english... this has happened before, it was a total deja vu moment, so now I've got my name written the same way like before, oh well it's tradition :roftl:

dsc0163125.jpg

Edited by Droopsy

Part 2: Peter Live

Then... We knew Peter Live was going to be recorded tonight... We knew for a while that he would do that show but the question was when.. It was a total secret and mystery.. We found out this week that it was today and knew for sure when he said during the radio contact interview that he would do some television tonight AND because Martin was wearing a EEN wristband (the tv channel).

We had tried to get tickets another way, but that didn't work since Robbie Williams was doing this show tonight as well... So you can imagine everything was overbooked with huge reservelists already.. So we decided to ask John... You never know... He was again so sweet and when we asked if it was possible, he directly said: "Everything's possible". He was going to ring us back very soon... And it worked out... He put 4 of us on the guestlist... He said we were golden... Litterally what he said. :teehee: JOHN, YOU ARE A STAR, all he did for us today... He's one of the kindest people I have ever met, for real... I told him one of the boxes of chocolate I gave to Mika was for him and he said he'd make sure he would get those, looked very enthusiastic about that :teehee: I wished him happy holidays and he the same for me. I was so happy. I'm a big fan of the show, I always wanted to go once, and now Mika was in it as well... It went like this: First we had the real live show, that was recorded and aired at the same time. This was the show with Robbie Williams. We had VIP wristbands so we got a spot behind the bar, behind the celebrities and some of the interviews. Robbie Williams was standing next to us... on a little platform to go on... Surreal...

The show was fantastic as ever. They just said some extra special guest was going to be there and that's why the show would last an hour longer. They didn't say who in the beginning, it was a surprise and they said it would be aired next week on christmas day. We had to leave the studio for half an hour, went back to our bar but decided we had to be in front of the stage for mika... So we went in with people with the regular wristbands and it was amazing... We were standing front row, and could see the interview perfectly as well.

Martin came up first, and recognised us from before of course :aah: And then Mika... When he came on, the audience went nuts already and he looked overwhelmed, one of the first things he said was: "Wow, you're the most awake crowd I've had since weeks." First he talked a bit to the audience (that wasn't recorded) and was still soundchecking. Then the performance... some people in the audience got a colorful umbrella. It was like a surprise for mika, that at a certain point during rain, everyone had to get the umbrella up in the air and spin it around without poking someone's eye out :roftl:

Of course they told us to give it our all for mika since the episode of next week will be the very last one. They said we had to freak out so much that we wouldn't be able to stand up for the next 3 days :teehee: So we did... He had recognized us when he came on as well, so whenever he wasn't singing in the camera he always looked our way... It was fantastic... You saw he was Soooo happy, he looked radiant. The applause was immense and kept on going :teehee: (remember, almost NOBODY knew Mika was gonna be there! Everyone was there to see robbie williams and they had the chance to leave after... but most people stayed especially for Mika and LOVED it).

The interview was very funny, but I'll probably not say anything until it's aired... Oh yes, I can say Peter gave him the beer he tweeted about :roftl: And then it was WAG... WAG will be the very last song and very ending of the entire show... So we had to give it even more than before, not that they had to tell us that... We were so happy already... And that was really something... the crowd went nuts, there were fireworks on stage! And to top it off, it started raining gold confetti :wub2:

dsc016332.jpg

After the recording was over he said we were the best crowd he has had in a very long time. Everyone kept on going MIKA MIKA MIKA... super...

We waited for him afterwards but he had taken another exit.. The security was immense because Robbie was there so it wasn't that easy to figure out... There were gates and cops so... We did take a group-pic with Martin and Cherisse tho... They said they enjoyed the show very much as well and that we did great. Then we saw John again but he started talking to us this time: "Ohhh you lot!" :roftl: LOL He asked if we enjoyed and of course we said we absolutely loved it and thanked him again and again and he said it was an awesome show idd and then he said "it was golden" :roftl: Then he wished us happy holidays again and said: "see you next year", so we said we hope so, and he replied he was sure of it.

That's it :teehee: I think... So much happened...

Edited by Droopsy

thanx for the report! :biggrin2: about how many ppl was that show at the tv thing? and what language was that in, also french? or can i hope to understand a bit of the interview when it's aired next week? :teehee:

edit: oh, and how many songs did he play? a full show?

------------------

65948.png

3. "Ever fancied getting a present from overseas?"

Edited by Droopsy

thanx for the report! :biggrin2: about how many ppl was that show at the tv thing? and what language was that in, also french? or can i hope to understand a bit of the interview when it's aired next week? :teehee:

Yes! It will air on friday (christmas :wub2:) at 20.40 pm at EEN (belgian/flemish channel). The 'funny man' on stage said there was about 600 people in the studio :thumb_yello: Yes funny man on stage... You know what I mean, the entertainer to prep the crowd and make jokes and stuff, loved that guy :roftl:

The studio is just like a venue actually, to give you an idea, here's a video from a performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPx6AzAEeLg

edit: oh, and how many songs did he play? a full show?

Oh, and no, it's in Flemish (dutch) and the artists normally just do one song, two at most, Mika did 2 :) WAG and rain, all in all Mika's part was about 40 minutes I think, soundchecking and recording and talking and everything. But we had been there from 19.00 until 0.00 with the first show that was live... Wow, my entire day was Mika... :shocked:

:yay:

I'm so glad to hear this wonderful report! John is a STAR!

Thanks so much, Droopsy! I'm so happy for you! :wub2:

I know, John is amazing... And thanks again for arranging for us to get in at radio contact. It went smoothly, they had our names, asked for ID and gave us our wristbands:thumb_yello:

Yes! It will air on friday (christmas :wub2:) at 20.40 pm at EEN (belgian/flemish channel). The 'funny man' on stage said there was about 600 people in the studio :thumb_yello: Yes funny man on stage... You know what I mean, the entertainer to prep the crowd and make jokes and stuff, loved that guy :roftl:

The studio is just like a venue actually, to give you an idea, here's a video from a performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPx6AzAEeLg

600 ppl! :shocked: and they all enjoyed his performance! :wub2: no wonder mika was amazed, that's certainly a difference to the 100-200ppl gigs with only 2 rows of MFCers he's been doing recently. :naughty: we gave our best in hanover, but 9 fans can't replace a whole crowd, no matter how hard they try. :naughty:

the tour next year will be such a difference to those mini gigs... but still just as fab i'm sure, in its own way. :wub2:

Oh, and no, it's in Flemish (dutch)

ah good, so i guess he spoke english then, and we'll be able to understand him. :teehee::biggrin2:

ah good, so i guess he spoke english then, and we'll be able to understand him. :teehee::biggrin2:

Exactly! Tho he spoke dutch... but I'm not gonna say another word before Peter van de veire himself comes hunting me down:aah:

Oh, here are clips of this live show already :teehee:

http://www.een.be/programmas/peter-live/herbekijk-de-hoogtepunten-9

(no Mika yet of course, but they will appear on the site very shortly after it aired! :))

Edited by Droopsy

FABULOUS report Droopsy! The show sounds amazing, and isn't John just the SWEETEST!!!:wub2:

Mika is so funny, he has had good crowds pretty much everywhere he goes, and every time he says "Oh you are the best I ever had" or "the best crowd in weeks"

(He probably was happy they were not chatting while he played, not treating him like a c0cktail band.:mf_rosetinted:)

It was AWESOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (excuse my usage of capital letters:mf_rosetinted:)

So where to start really... I'm just gonna tell my day.

So it started with radio contact... As some of you know, there were 4 tickets by team Mika for this event, and luckily I was one of them. I'll let the others tell you their story..This was amazing. It was a small studio, and there were these... like a tribune, you know? Well you can see it in the pics obviously :roftl: And I sat on his right side, with martin on the right from me :teehee: It felt like a livingroom gig (okay, just 3 songs but it was enough :wub2:)... with an extra bonus interview, I was happy I understood 90% of it since it was in French. :naughty: Loved it during commercials and songs that he was soundchecking just in front of us.. And he didn't intend to do BIOTG but was gonna try it anyways. So during the testing he started clapping, and of course we started clapping as well, but the rest of the audience was a bit wrong with the rhythm, and he was looking down the row, and then he looked at me, saw I did it correctly and smiled at me :wub2: I also asked him if we could sing along during the performance (we had no idea), but he didn't know either... So we kept quiet...

Then the m&g, I brought him a whole bag of belgian chocolates, unfortunately there was this mug with chocolate in it and it got broken :( So I was like apologizing, saying sorry sorry, but he didn't care, he seemed very happy with it. Immediately took the bag, started looking at it and in it :aah: Said it was really really nice of me, thanked me and then he gives you this look, some of you know what I mean, this happy thank you look :wub2:

I asked him to sign my piano book, I'm happy I finally had the chance to let him sign it. I never wanted to take it with me to gigs since it's so big... Anyways, so he asked my name, and I had the same thing happening to me what always happens... I spell my name... And I spell the 'i' like the flemish i... what is actually the 'e' in english... this has happened before, it was a total deja vu moment, so now I've got my name written the same way like before, oh well it's tradition :roftl:

dsc0163125.jpg

Lovely report!! I know what you mean about the happy thank you look:wub2:

FABULOUS report Droopsy! The show sounds amazing, and isn't John just the SWEETEST!!!:wub2:

Mika is so funny, he has had good crowds pretty much everywhere he goes, and every time he says "Oh you are the best I ever had" or "the best crowd in weeks"

(He probably was happy they were not chatting while he played, not treating him like a c0cktail band.:mf_rosetinted:)

Exactly, I was at the Q-showcase as well, and you couldn't compare them ... The vibe was totally different.

And here is my report (I hope don't stop in the middle because I just want to think^^)

For me it was quite an adventure! I'll start with the radio-contact performance.. It was 1h in the afternoon when my mum ringed me: "Mika is in Belgium! He's doing an interview in brussels, you should go! Maybe you can get in." Wow, what a surprise (since I didn't had the time to check mfc for a week). I go to school in Brussels, so I took the bus to the studio. But I didn't have a ticket! Soooooo I wasn't allowed to get in really=D But the mfc'ers helped me and supported me. Even Marleen went to ask in her beautiful french if I could sit on her knees so I wouldn't take an extra seat^^ And then we saw John and I asked him immediatly whether he coudl help me. He said "yaeh, no problem" and he told a lady with blond hair that I had to get in. Then the security guy let ereyone with whristband in and said that I and another girl should wait. then, 5minutes later, he came to say that we couldn't go in! I tolk him that I talked to John and that it was ok, but he didn't believe me! He wasn't friendly and I was angry of course. I have never talked so quickly and good in french! and then.. he told me that I had to get out! He threw me out! Luckely a min later, he said I could come in. THANK YOU JOHN! and THANK the MFC'ERS!

I was so happy because I waited there 3hours! I sat next to Droopsy and next to Martin, who was eating all the time Cote d'Or chocolate ^^ The room was really cosy, and when mika was behind his piano, he was really close to us and he looked at us, knowing we're from the mfc.

He took his time for the m&g. I could go on the picture with him, but he drew a weeping eye, a heart, 'to jolien' (without any mistakes!) and his name^^ and then the not-so-friendly security guy told us that we had to leave.

And now I have to go to Ghent and go shopping ^^

I hope I can finish my report this evening

bye