REPORTS - Mika @ Peter Live show 18-12-2009, Brussels

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AWWWWWW!!!!

The video of Mika and Randy the Rat! It was seriously something cutest I've ever seen in a while :wub2: I watched it 6 times in a row :teehee:

I love Mika's acting and Randy is VERY sweet! He's a great dancer and singer:roftl:

And of course,I love how Mika sang "I Want To Break Free"! It would be amazing if he did the cover of the whole song! :biggrin2: Rock singing style really suits him,I think he should try to sing more that way. His voice really sounds powerful.

As for the "Under Pressure" bass line, I noticed it too, but it sounded so GOOD!! The combination of those two songs is great. I think Mika had to use it because he had no actual bass in there, and IWTBF in original has some really strong bass sequences.

:fangurl:

At the beginning what song he plays? :blink:

I know it but I don't know the title :aah:

i think it's something by bach or beethoven? someone mentioned it in another thread, because it's also what mika played as the intro for SITM:

i think it's something by bach or beethoven? someone mentioned it in another thread, because it's also what mika played as the intro for SITM:

Yeah, it's Bach's Invention No.4 in Dm....I think.

Thanks so much Mellody and FmBm! :flowers2: Now I'll try to play it :teehee:

Oh God!! Thanks :bow:

Wow this show was a lot better prepared then the shows I saw last weeks (Especialy the show at 'Lieve Paul': the presenter didn't know anything about Mika: as a Dutchy I felt ashamed).

Liked the interview and the music performances a lot! Loved the Mika speaking Dutch part: "...What should I do with that, that's totally useless. Good evening Antwerp... De koetsier koetspoets de koetspoets met koets poets poets !" Whaha really funny! :wub2:

Edit: When the rat started the 'baseline' I was thinking of Vanilla Ice with Ice ice baby. But indeed that's the 'baseline' from Queens Under pressure!

Edited by ~Wicky~

After waiting for days to get on the laptop, finally saw this, and it's very funny, especially the bit with Randy:naughty:

Liked the lady teaching him Dutch, and she has good taste in drummers too! :thumb_yello:

After waiting for days to get on the laptop, finally saw this, and it's very funny, especially the bit with Randy:naughty:

Liked the lady teaching him Dutch, and she has good taste in drummers too! :thumb_yello:

i knew you would love the rat! oh and mika too :roftl:

I love Roos Van Acker, have such a girl crush on her :teehee: She has the best voice in flemish showbizz for sure:wub2:

Oh man, it was great seeing it again on tv.

1) Mika looks freakin' fantastic with a giant flower on his hat. He should totally rock that look every night of the European tour.

2) OMG. I never got the whole Freddie comparison really, but man, can that Mika boy ever SING! On the line "I want to break free" his voice sounds all breathy, then when he gets into the "break free from your lies, you're so self-satisfied" bit, there was power behind his voice that we don't often hear in his own material. And I just can't get enough of his lower register. When we hear him singing in it, I can't help but think of dark chocolate fondue. Mika's low voice = chocolate fondue for our ears. :blush-anim-cl:

3) I love Mika's expression when talking to Randy. There's a couple moments where it looks like he's trying overly hard to deadpan, to not break character and start gigging. :roftl: Although his expression during some of it reminded me of that old "I'm wearing stolen jewelry" clip.

4) That tongue-twister was hilarious! And how Mika got all into it, determined to get it right. I love his language skills. :wub2:

5) Great audience, especially during WAG! Y'know, of all the Mika gigs I've been to, the Belgian crowd at the Ancienne Belgique show are still my favourite. People in that corner of the world know how to party! They were more into that WAG performance, it seemed, than people at some of Mika's actual shows. Sorry, Seattle. :naughty: