The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

Here is the apron I made for Mum. It sort of doesn't sit right so I am hoping to convince her to let me make a different style top for it, she insisted on a heart shape...

IMG_5561.jpg

And here is the Japanese theme apron I made for my next door neighbour...

IMG_5546.jpg

how do you get a cat to stop climbing up the curtains? shes currently trying to get behind the vanishan blinds...FAIL!

as for the karaoke, it sounded better at the time!

I so wasnt used to the heat and then that room was just as bad as stepping off an air conditioned plane into 42degree heat! it was fun though! and everyone who had said they wouldnt sing still did...or at least pretended to!

I hope i wasnt that bad at singing...i couldnt hear myself (or my phone going off due to protective parents):mf_rosetinted:

can a hot water cilinder boil?

My cat is into everything, I shut it in the laundry so that I can get some sleep. Does it have a cary crate you can shut it in - the breeder I got Jasper from had little mini litter boxes in the carry crates, just any old plastic container would do (with drinking water in there as well of course)

Karaoke was fun, the hostel was pretty scary though.

My hot water sounds like it does.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ffs moviing with cat is bloody annoying! shes totally freaked out like "wtf dude, youve kidnapped me!"

how do you get a cat to stop climbing up the curtains? shes currently trying to get behind the vanishan blinds...FAIL!

Put butter on her paws to stop her freaking out. I've heard that helps, and will be trying it out on my cats when we move later in the year.

As for climbing the curtains, squirt her with a spray bottle set to stream every time she does it. Tis how I dicipline my kitties. =P

Or, you could clip her claws if she'll let you. She won't be able to climb it without them. I did both my cats' claws today. If she objects, wrap her in a towel. You can use ordinary nail clippers.=]

Here is the apron I made for Mum. It sort of doesn't sit right so I am hoping to convince her to let me make a different style top for it, she insisted on a heart shape...

IMG_5561.jpg

And here is the Japanese theme apron I made for my next door neighbour...

IMG_5546.jpg

My cat is into everything, I shut it in the laundry so that I can get some sleep. Does it have a cary crate you can shut it in - the breeder I got Jasper from had little mini litter boxes in the carry crates, just any old plastic container would do (with drinking water in there as well of course)

Karaoke was fun, the hostel was pretty scary though.

My hot water sounds like it does.

Nice aprons! I cant even sew a straight line!

neko (the cat) just running around the house trying to find a way out so she can escape back to mums old place! she seems to think we've kidnapped her or something haha! running around the house meowing like "hello? help? where am I? im confused?"

I swear it sounds like shes going "noooo" "noooo" "noooo"

the box she came in was a cardboard pet-taxi and cheeky girl managed to make a hole in it already!

ill have to lock her in the bathroom!

hostel was funny! smelt like someone died in the lift and I walked in on a black guy doing his teath in the unisex disabled toilet upstairs...he chased me down the stairs toothbrush in mouth going "sorry...so sorry" haha:aah:

Nice aprons

Butter on the cat will help. Though not sure if it calms it down though it will sit down and clean itself - we always did it because myth has it that doing to so will mean it cleans off the scent of the old house or something and so is less likely to go back there. Also keep it indoors for a few days.

Thought I'd mention that it's going to be 43 degrees here tomorrow. Far too hot, even for beaching. I think I might run away to the movies or the library or hang out in a shopping centre - somewhere with air con, until its cool enough to hit the beach :naughty:

Nice aprons

Butter on the cat will help. Though not sure if it calms it down though it will sit down and clean itself - we always did it because myth has it that doing to so will mean it cleans off the scent of the old house or something and so is less likely to go back there. Also keep it indoors for a few days.

Thought I'd mention that it's going to be 43 degrees here tomorrow. Far too hot, even for beaching. I think I might run away to the movies or the library or hang out in a shopping centre - somewhere with air con, until its cool enough to hit the beach :naughty:

shhh...haha I started paying music (TBWKTM) and shes fallen asleep (finally) in the doorway! I dont want to move or ill wake her up and it will start up again!

my mums going back to the old place to get some soil from there but it might be a better idea to get soil from outside here...its not that different, its pretty much right round the corner from where she lived before!

43? im back to being a typical new zealand wuss and complaining about 25 degrees!

25 is nothing compared to the wall of 42 I hit when I stepped off the plane in sydney almost 2 months ago!!

I remember i was second at the front near you, but then these buggers were all pushin in front of me.......BASTARDS lol My mum was so getting angry at these 2 blonde chicks who kept pushin her almost over lolol!

yer i remember

my mum was pissed too i told her just to do it to them twice as hard

I think that's why the hostel lift was so stinky, it had been so hot and even when it was cool outside, and no air was making it in there.

I think its going to be 36 degrees C here today.

I had a Mika dream last night...

I was at a concert it was nothing to do with Mika and I was slightly bored actually. (I found out last week that my cousin's band has just signed up to support Ace Frehley from Kiss on his Australian tour, and they are playing at the Enmore this February - this is my Cousin's band... http://www.myspace.com/thebandlust)

Without warning Mika's music came on, and everyone thought it was just a recording, but then we looked up and Mika was coming down in a parachute from the sky (the building suddenly didn't have a roof) and he was zooming round and round in swirls, with 100s of helium ballons trailing behind. He was singing the whole time.

It was a lot longer but that is the general gist of it. I woke up very happy :biggrin2:

I remember i was second at the front near you, but then these buggers were all pushin in front of me.......BASTARDS lol My mum was so getting angry at these 2 blonde chicks who kept pushin her almost over lolol!

I hope it wasnt me who was pushing infront of you...i was being pushed forward by people behind me and I was stuck behind some 6ft tall dude! and then I spotted fellow MFCERS and I wasnt lost in the crowd anymore...life was complete!

and they wernt even part of MFC we need to stop people from stealling our spots that we waited a long time for

that wasnt me then...Im an mfcer!

i still felt kinda bad ending up at the front, it was great though cos It meant I was found! being lost in the crowd and not being able to see is the worst feeling, especially since people were pushing and shoving and I knew the mfc were somewhere in that crowd! all I actually intended on doing was catching up with yall mfcers!

I think being backstage and on stage with Mika is better than front row, but that's just mee :teehee:

Yes, I'm bragging again...

Indeed watching from sidestage was best and the view from behind wasnt that bad either! :das:

I think that's why the hostel lift was so stinky, it had been so hot and even when it was cool outside, and no air was making it in there.

I was at a concert it was nothing to do with Mika and I was slightly bored actually. (I found out last week that my cousin's band has just signed up to support Ace Frehley from Kiss on his Australian tour, and they are playing at the Enmore this February - this is my Cousin's band... http://www.myspace.com/thebandlust)

Without warning Mika's music came on, and everyone thought it was just a recording, but then we looked up and Mika was coming down in a parachute from the sky (the building suddenly didn't have a roof) and he was zooming round and round in swirls, with 100s of helium ballons trailing behind. He was singing the whole time.

It was a lot longer but that is the general gist of it. I woke up very happy :biggrin2:

well then...dont we just have the best dreams!

I had the reoccuring dream ive had since I was a kid of a house with white walls but there are revolving compartments in the wall to put photos and furnature and stuff so when your family comes to visit you turn them arround and its as if theyve been there all along! :blink:...Im a freak!

I take it you won't stay in a hostel with me next time??

I meant to quote the aprons. Cute. Are people paying you for these or what?

Nice dream lol!

well then...dont we just have the best dreams!

I had the reoccuring dream ive had since I was a kid of a house with white walls but there are revolving compartments in the wall to put photos and furnature and stuff so when your family comes to visit you turn them arround and its as if theyve been there all along! :blink:...Im a freak!

I like that idea. It sort of reminds me a little bit of the apartment in Fifth Element.

SoA, karaoke in Melboure WITH AIRCON sounds good.

Hi everyone :bye:

How's it going? Just thought I'd drop you a line to say hi.

I've actually been abandoned by my mother for the week because her boyfriend said "Come to Auckland for the week" yesterday so she booked tickets for today but my Granddad goes to work every day and my mother and her boyfriend get back on Friday.

BUT because of that, my mother and her friend Jess took pity on me so I asked my mother to see if she could find any Mika singles or the TBWKTM delux edition (which BTW was promised to me for Christmas!) and she said she would.

Her friend Jess brought me over Phantom of the Opera, Interview with the Vampire, Courpse Bride, Van Helsing, Cold Mountain, the Golden Compass and Cats all on DVD and she's going to stay the night with me (as Granddad goes into hospital tomorrow morning) tomorrow night so I'm not by myself and the next day I'm going with her and her little nephew to see "Avatar"

So it really COULD be worse :roftl:

that wasnt me then...Im an mfcer!

i still felt kinda bad ending up at the front, it was great though cos It meant I was found! being lost in the crowd and not being able to see is the worst feeling, especially since people were pushing and shoving and I knew the mfc were somewhere in that crowd! all I actually intended on doing was catching up with yall mfcers!

yer i know dont worry

i wish i wasnt so shy to talk to all you guys i saw you all in a big group and got kind of scaerd

but next time ill come and face my fears and say hi

:shocked: i didnt know you were the rep for new zealand that so cool:wub2:

mika dreams are the best mine are very weird like in one dream mika asked me at a shop if i could give him a lift so we drove all around austrlia

i never drop him at his stop we just had a big holiday together and everyone was so jelouse:wub2:

i wish that really happend:wub2:

I've actually been abandoned by my mother for the week because her boyfriend said "Come to Auckland for the week" yesterday so she booked tickets for today but my Granddad goes to work every day and my mother and her boyfriend get back on Friday.

BUT because of that, my mother and her friend Jess took pity on me so I asked my mother to see if she could find any Mika singles or the TBWKTM delux edition (which BTW was promised to me for Christmas!) and she said she would.

Her friend Jess brought me over Phantom of the Opera, Interview with the Vampire, Courpse Bride, Van Helsing, Cold Mountain, the Golden Compass and Cats all on DVD and she's going to stay the night with me (as Granddad goes into hospital tomorrow morning) tomorrow night so I'm not by myself and the next day I'm going with her and her little nephew to see "Avatar"

hii wow you sound happy :biggrin2:

i saw avitar its the best make sure you see it in 3D its really cool in 3D:wink2:

...well then...dont we just have the best dreams!

That is a good idea! Something to keep in mind if I ever build a house from scratch. Low ones would be cool so that you could have all your bits out, then they disappear into the wall if you have people with kids visiting.

I take it you won't stay in a hostel with me next time??

I meant to quote the aprons. Cute. Are people paying you for these or what?

Nice dream lol!

It sounds very tempting, like childbirth, you forget the horror so quickly that you can be easily convinced to go back for more.

No, the aprons are free, made for the love of it. (also I have mountains of material I need to use up)

Imagine if Mika decided to skip Australia and go straight to NZ, we could all fly over and sleep on Rosina's couch. (hopefully she will clean the buttery cat footprints off first)

seeing as im new, i need a couple of updates on things... when there's a mika concert, do us mikamites do anything pre- or post- show? like a group party of mikamites or something? its something i GOTTA be involved in, wouldnt miss a mikamites party for the world... :biggrin2:

We did have a get together at a karaoke place in Sydney the night before the concert. Something similar will be arranged when he comes back, but I would like to get a few ideas now so we can decide on what we want to do before the concert get announced. They'll be some sort of get together in each city we go to.

In November, there were a lot of us staying in at a hostel together in Sydney, cos a lot of us had to travel. That was fun. And we went out for karaoke the night before the gig. Apart from being incredibly hot in the room we were in, it was heaps of fun. I'd love to do the karaoke thing again, but we'd possibly need a bigger room:teehee:

We can't get a bigger room, that's as big as it gets.

And that hostel had a death trap for an elevator!

Or one with air con.

If people come to a Melbourne gig, I know the perfect place - and it has air con :naughty: (and light up tambourines which I love). And English instructions for the remote :teehee:

Thats if there ever is a Melbourne gig

Sweeeeeeet! We'll have to go there next time!

and they wernt even part of MFC we need to stop people from stealling our spots that we waited a long time for

We can't do much about that, except look out for our fellow MFCers and push back at people pushing us...

Hopefully it doesn't end up like the Kooks last year with being pushed from three directions! :shocked:

Indeed watching from sidestage was best and the view from behind wasnt that bad either! :das:

the view from the back was awesome! Too bad I can't remember too much about it!

You know what? I hardly watched Martin while I was on stage... I was too busy watching Jimmy and Mika.. and the crowd of course!

Could be... Hope your Granddad is okay...

yer i know dont worry

i wish i wasnt so shy to talk to all you guys i saw you all in a big group and got kind of scaerd

Trus me, they're not scary at all!

You'll defo have to come up and talk to the others.

It sounds very tempting, like childbirth, you forget the horror so quickly that you can be easily convinced to go back for more.

Imagine if Mika decided to skip Australia and go straight to NZ, we could all fly over and sleep on Rosina's couch. (hopefully she will clean the buttery cat footprints off first)

:lmfao:

I bagsed one couch cushion ages ago... and I'll have to make a visit to Khayla too! :das:

Imagine the Aussie migration to NZ if he did... it would be awesome! *is glad she has a passport*

You know, I still wish I could've made it to NYC for the Le Poisson Rouge gig... :tears: Though it wouldn't have been good if I got sick there...

We did have a get together at a karaoke place in Sydney the night before the concert. Something similar will be arranged when he comes back, but I would like to get a few ideas now so we can decide on what we want to do before the concert get announced. They'll be some sort of get together in each city we go to.

im not sure if i would be abel to go the night befor the gig if its on a friday or saturday then mabey

ill have to see when he is comeing and ill be olny going to the sydney gig

because i have school on

hopefuly it will be in the july school holidays:wub2:

yer i know dont worry

:shocked: i didnt know you were the rep for new zealand that so cool:wub2:

mika dreams are the best mine are very weird like in one dream mika asked me at a shop if i could give him a lift so we drove all around austrlia

i never drop him at his stop we just had a big holiday together and everyone was so jelouse:wub2:

i wish that really happend:wub2:

yep New zealand rep at your service!

It was even on the back of my shirt at the gig due to a minor screanprinting error!

you should have come said hi! we dont bite! I flew over from new zealand having never met any of the others! Im usually crazy shy but what can i say...MFCers are AWESOMETASTIC! in a kind of mobish crazy kinda way!

mika skip australia and come straight to nz eh...so when's this happening?

buttery footprints at the mothers house...I just come here to bum the free internet all the time (and visit maa of course!):wink2:

we'll def all have to go crash khayla's place! my town is total bogantown (drink burbon out of jam jars and light couches on fire for fun-aka student city!)

even a kiwi band wont come here cos last time they did...some bastards broke into their van and stole ALL their instruments! :sneaky2:

I got my passport BECAUSE of a mika concert...how sad is that!

The last time i had a passport before that when I was 6yo! it expired 11 years ago! It was awesome thought cos the new new zealand ones have RFID so I skipped the verification cue at sydney airport customs!

Archived