The Australian Thread: Party Twenty Two

nico_collard

I'm up for that... I might be able to travel over next year in the Easter school hols! :wink2:

I think we should get a proper tour... and not just a proper tour of Oz, but a proper tour of NZ too. He knows that we want that, considering I said we all wanted a proper tour in the petition book.

Honestly, I don't understand why he can't finish touring the world and then go into the studio. And because he lost momentum between LICM and TBWKTM is kinda a weak excuse, considering he would've gotten people interested in him again if Universal did their job and pimped him!

I guess Mika not coming at all is a little better than him deciding to go to a festival, and then cancelling on us. :dunno:

I just hope that people don't get too bitchy if he doesn't come.

People will get bitchy. He'll lose fans here. That especially sucks because we finally got kick ass onto the airwaves in NZ, and i've heard people talking about how 'mika's back.' I've even had several people ask me when hes going to play here, cos they want to see him live.

The thing is, 9 times out of 10 an artist playing live in a country is the clinch factor between wether they do well in that country or not. For example; Rufus Wainwright and Owl City are coming to NZ later this year, and their airplay has been amped up. Paramore played a couple of shows here recently, and the airplay they got was overwhelming. Same story with Lady Gaga the month before that.

:sad:I agree......He hasn't given us and other countries a proper tour yet......Even though he's been to other places so many times already..

And that's been since I've joined this fan club....in 2007.

I would love new music though......

Its completely redic.. especiallywhen you hear people from France etc saying 'he hasn't played here in 3 months.. omgomg when can i see Mika..'

Aw, sorry i'm such a downer, guys :sad:

How has life been treating all of you? I'm super busy with school and my new afterschool job, working at a vets :biggrin2:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People will get bitchy. He'll lose fans here. That especially sucks because we finally got kick ass onto the airwaves in NZ, and i've heard people talking about how 'mika's back.' I've even had several people ask me when hes going to play here, cos they want to see him live.

The thing is, 9 times out of 10 an artist playing live in a country is the clinch factor between wether they do well in that country or not. For example; Rufus Wainwright and Owl City are coming to NZ later this year, and their airplay has been amped up. Paramore played a couple of shows here recently, and the airplay they got was overwhelming. Same story with Lady Gaga the month before that.:

thing is people would rather hear a tour or at least one show here and his ratings would shoot sky high here! and after a tour people will know theyre getting something back from the artist as was the case with gaga!

the way my uni mates see it if gaga can come mika has had bloody long enough since grace kelly to come here even once and so people really are starting to get mad about it and just stop listening!

ok I should go and try and find my wallet that Ive lost and today was pay day so I have no food and im freaking out!

Youre always very welcome :wink2:

:

Can I crash on your couch? :das:

I'm up for that... I might be able to travel over next year in the Easter school hols! :wink2:

Hmmm NZ people whats Easter school hols weather like?

I'm down to holidaying on school holidays myself with my after school care job. They do holiday care, but we don't have to do it.

And what is there to do in NZ? Start planning our holiday for us :wink2: kthnxbai.

Some of us have been bitchy all along :fisch:

Also -I hate winter. And someone keeps leaving the front door open :sneaky2:

And now its frame has slipped/swelled again so it doesn't close properly - which would only have happened because it wasn't shut properly in the first place (It doesn't have the room to swell if its kept closed, or to move) - which means dad gets to fix it again, and we get to hear him grumping about it again :naughty:

:sad:I agree......He hasn't given us and other countries a proper tour yet......Even though he's been to other places so many times already..

And that's been since I've joined this fan club....in 2007.

I would love new music though......

One country immediately springs to mind :fisch:

The thing is, 9 times out of 10 an artist playing live in a country is the clinch factor between wether they do well in that country or not. For example; Rufus Wainwright and Owl City are coming to NZ later this year, and their airplay has been amped up. Paramore played a couple of shows here recently, and the airplay they got was overwhelming. Same story with Lady Gaga the month before that.

Its completely redic.. especiallywhen you hear people from France etc saying 'he hasn't played here in 3 months.. omgomg when can i see Mika..'

Aw, sorry i'm such a downer, guys :sad:

How has life been treating all of you? I'm super busy with school and my new afterschool job, working at a vets :biggrin2:

I get that people in general will get bitchy, it's more that I'm concerned that people will get bitchy on here, and others will say that we need to get over it... sort of like they were when we bitched that Mika was shunning us in 2008... But you are completely right... I remember how Mika was everywhere in 2007 when he first came, we couldn't get enough of him!

I've been pretty busy running around trying to figure out what's wrong with the internet and figuring out what I'm supposed to do with a laptop that a kid broke...

thing is people would rather hear a tour or at least one show here and his ratings would shoot sky high here! and after a tour people will know theyre getting something back from the artist as was the case with gaga!

the way my uni mates see it if gaga can come mika has had bloody long enough since grace kelly to come here even once and so people really are starting to get mad about it and just stop listening!

ok I should go and try and find my wallet that Ive lost and today was pay day so I have no food and im freaking out!

Absolutely. Mika has had plenty of time. The way I see it, Mika should've come here fairly soon after the promo concert and done a proper tour, cause then he would've been fresh in people's minds. The longer he waits, the harder it is to get people interested, and then he'll just have to do another promo concert just to get people interested...

One country immediately springs to mind :fisch:

I get that people in general will get bitchy, it's more that I'm concerned that people will get bitchy on here, and others will say that we need to get over it... sort of like they were when we bitched that Mika was shunning us in 2008... But you are completely right... I remember how Mika was everywhere in 2007 when he first came, we couldn't get enough of him!

I've been pretty busy running around trying to figure out what's wrong with the internet and figuring out what I'm supposed to do with a laptop that a kid broke...

Absolutely. Mika has had plenty of time. The way I see it, Mika should've come here fairly soon after the promo concert and done a proper tour, cause then he would've been fresh in people's minds. The longer he waits, the harder it is to get people interested, and then he'll just have to do another promo concert just to get people interested...

and in case of the kiwi land hes yet to do a promo concert!

nz would be happy enough to be one night stood like you guys were 2 years ago!

Im having a test of faith right now, im beginning to think the big mans picking on me for ****s and giggles!

lets see now, I fail my paper by half a %, I had contractors and inspections during studybreak, a fire alarm at 7am, my fridge cooked all my food, my phone broke, lost my wallet, almost got run over oh and BTW my replacement phone broke too! I seriously feel like going to bed and never waking up!

my friends on facebook are all like stop being so negative and things will get better soon!

I bloody hope so its supposed to be my birthday in 2 weeks and Im not likely to be able to do much of anything with no eftpos, no ID, no bus pass and no phone :blink: WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

[/rant]

and in case of the kiwi land hes yet to do a promo concert!

nz would be happy enough to be one night stood like you guys were 2 years ago!

Im having a test of faith right now, im beginning to think the big mans picking on me for ****s and giggles!

lets see now, I fail my paper by half a %, I had contractors and inspections during studybreak, a fire alarm at 7am, my fridge cooked all my food, my phone broke, lost my wallet, almost got run over oh and BTW my replacement phone broke too! I seriously feel like going to bed and never waking up!

my friends on facebook are all like stop being so negative and things will get better soon!

I bloody hope so its supposed to be my birthday in 2 weeks and Im not likely to be able to do much of anything with no eftpos, no ID, no bus pass and no phone :blink: WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

[/rant]

If he one night stands you guys, I'm so gonna be there!

You poor bugger... it's not your time, is it... hope it all gets better for you soon! :huglove:

On a slightly related note (not really, but it is about a gig)... I'm going to see Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam at Rod Laver Arena on Friday!!

I'm so excited for it. :biggrin2:

'citin! Hope you have a good time! :thumb_yello:

And guess what i got today?

I got the Asia tour edition of TBWKTM ft. the To-Fu doll, and Shout it Out by Hanson ft. the Tay Sex Change DVD :lmfao: (aka Tays Exchange DVD... it says taysexchange as the name of the DVD when I put it in my computer :teehee:)

Okay, time for bed now! :teehee:

I think Universal have done a really abysmal job. There was the debacle of whether BIOTG or Rain was to be the second single - with the result that neither got supported; and the complete failure to capitalise on the Kick Ass single :sneaky2: No advertising, no radio play ..... what are these people paid for?

On the other hand, this is Mika we are talking about - he'll probably tell the next journalist something completely different :naughty:

Personally, I'm not too surprised that we didn't end up with a proper tour. He couldn't even sell out one gig here so why would he commit to multiple gigs at potentially half filled venues. But to be fair, even though there was a pretty good amount of publicity through print media and TV ads for TBWKTM, not once did I read or hear anywhere about the Sydney gig. If I hadn't stumbled across the MFC I'd still be none the wiser, so it's really not surprising that it wasn't sold out.

Radio support for TBWKTM has been very poor, at least on the 3 or 4 stations that we regularly listen too. I do often hear tracks from LICM but this at 3am when I'm at work!!

We've just resigned ourselves that there's no gig for a while and that's OK. We'll save our pennies and maybe see an extra gig if he does eventually do a major tour. No sweat. A new album would be cool :thumb_yello:

Silver is so right about taking anything Mika says with a grain of salt. He's a self publicist. He's not going to say, wow, mediocre Sydney sales, probably wont be back here for a looong time....!

Anyway, on the home front, all is cool. Except Bossie Flossie the 3 year old who fractured a bone in her foot. Poor little tyke is having surgery and then weeks of plaster to rectify it. She's looking forward to colouring in the plaster with rainbows, unicorns, fairies and mermaids. Oh to be three again!!

Take care guys

Personally, I'm not too surprised that we didn't end up with a proper tour. He couldn't even sell out one gig here so why would he commit to multiple gigs at potentially half filled venues. But to be fair, even though there was a pretty good amount of publicity through print media and TV ads for TBWKTM, not once did I read or hear anywhere about the Sydney gig. If I hadn't stumbled across the MFC I'd still be none the wiser, so it's really not surprising that it wasn't sold out.

Radio support for TBWKTM has been very poor, at least on the 3 or 4 stations that we regularly listen too. I do often hear tracks from LICM but this at 3am when I'm at work!!

We've just resigned ourselves that there's no gig for a while and that's OK. We'll save our pennies and maybe see an extra gig if he does eventually do a major tour. No sweat. A new album would be cool :thumb_yello:

Silver is so right about taking anything Mika says with a grain of salt. He's a self publicist. He's not going to say, wow, mediocre Sydney sales, probably wont be back here for a looong time....!

Anyway, on the home front, all is cool. Except Bossie Flossie the 3 year old who fractured a bone in her foot. Poor little tyke is having surgery and then weeks of plaster to rectify it. She's looking forward to colouring in the plaster with rainbows, unicorns, fairies and mermaids. Oh to be three again!!

Take care guys

Excatly my thoughts. Someone's not doing their job properly. Whether it's his agent or universal or australian medias. I truly believe Mika is the last one to have a say where he is having his next concert (knowing him as we do, to be told what to wear or eat :teehee:). I am very sad but I love him too much to be upset with him:wub2:. And I am very excited to hear his new songs soon. I just hope that he gets the success he deserves :wink2:

Take care guys

The thing is, Mika has a lot of fans here (I know of at least 3 in my part of the woods)... and we've got at least 70 Aussies on here (including those who aren't on the Mikamite list)... I'm not saying he has to do Rod Laver arena, be I think he can fill a venue the size of the Enmore (which is 5000 people I think)... The longer he waits, the less likely people will pay any attention to him.

I read and heard about it a lot closer to the concert (like, up to a week beforehand)...

I wouldn't know if Mika is played on the radio in Orange, I don't bother listening to it cause they play absolute crap!

I'm starting to think that he only came here cause he was sick of us whinging about him shunning us.

Poor flossie... how'd she fracture a bone in her foot?

I thought the gig was sold out in the end. I think it was slow to sell out, and wasn't done until the last few days, but I'm pretty sure that one of us who had spare tickets were able to sell them

So'd I. I'm sure I heard somewhere that they'd managed to sell it out.

Aussies are slow movers me thinks.

Excatly my thoughts. Someone's not doing their job properly. Whether it's his agent or universal or australian medias. I truly believe Mika is the last one to have a say where he is having his next concert (knowing him as we do, to be told what to wear or eat :teehee:). I am very sad but I love him too much to be upset with him:wub2:. And I am very excited to hear his new songs soon. I just hope that he gets the success he deserves :wink2:

Oh, I'm sure he is too, but I think he has a chance to voice his opinion on where he goes... if he didn't, he'd be only touring the UK, France and South Korea (cause apparently that's where he does the best, record sales wise).

I would prefer a concert, but I guess new music would be okay... I'm not quite sick of TBWKTM yet!

Take care guys

*sigh* poor thing!

having said that YAY for drawing on casts! I did that with all of mine (there were a fair few) and I also insisted on the glow in the dark fiberglass one every time cos I was obsessed with it! :naughty:

in other news, I said it was 2 weeks till my birthday until I looked at the calander and omfg its 1 week from today!

I was a whole week out! :boxed:

on a happier note I got accepted for prefered dog ownership today! im a prefered owner! YAY

*sigh* poor thing!

having said that YAY for drawing on casts! I did that with all of mine (there were a fair few) and I also insisted on the glow in the dark fiberglass one every time cos I was obsessed with it! :naughty:

in other news, I said it was 2 weeks till my birthday until I looked at the calander and omfg its 1 week from today!

on a happier note I got accepted for prefered dog ownership today! im a prefered owner! YAY

Glow in the dark fiberglass???? I almost wanna break my arm so i can get that! :teehee:

Holy cow!

Yay for you being a preferred dog owner! So, what exactly does that mean?

Oh, I'm sure he is too, but I think he has a chance to voice his opinion on where he goes... if he didn't, he'd be only touring the UK, France and South Korea (cause apparently that's where he does the best, record sales wise).

:no: Not even the UK - France, Belgium and South Korea :dunno:

Glow in the dark fiberglass???? I almost wanna break my arm so i can get that! :teehee:

Holy cow!

Yay for you being a preferred dog owner! So, what exactly does that mean?

I know right! I thought it was positively fabulous! (even though during the day its this yellow colour like those little glow-in-the-dark stick on stars you get!)

preferred dog owner pretty much means I get a discount on registration each year because I am officially a responsible dog owner.

Animal controll inspects and checks that the place he lives is clean and big enough for exercise and fenced and he has food and water etc

all common sence really!

oh and they checked their reccords to see if he had been impounded. he has a perfect reccord since hes been with us!

I read his papers today, the results of the inspection...hes 6 and a half! :blink:

*sigh* poor thing!

I know I'm a good cat owner .. first week i got her desexed and microchipped and she went into heat the day before the appointment lol

these people make online people ive met seem normal (whatever that means)

Lol are most of us considered online or IRL friends now that we met you.

I'd rather him come :shrug: but i guess thats just me being selfish.

The thing is, if he comes and I am not able to go, I would be more upset than if he just stays away for now.

I just hope that people don't get too bitchy if he doesn't come.

I could never feel bitchy toward him, plenty of other people to blame, convince myself its not his fault. Its just that he stood right there on that stage and said he was coming this year, I trusted him, feeling hurt not bitchy. PMSL so silly really.

Take care guys

Oh no that is going to be hard, get well soon Bossie Flossie.

:no: Not even the UK - France, Belgium and South Korea :dunno:

I knew i got one wrong....

I know right! I thought it was positively fabulous! (even though during the day its this yellow colour like those little glow-in-the-dark stick on stars you get!)

preferred dog owner pretty much means I get a discount on registration each year because I am officially a responsible dog owner.

Animal controll inspects and checks that the place he lives is clean and big enough for exercise and fenced and he has food and water etc

all common sence really!

oh and they checked their reccords to see if he had been impounded. he has a perfect reccord since hes been with us!

I read his papers today, the results of the inspection...hes 6 and a half! :blink:

Ooooh cool! That's such a good idea!

I know I'm a good cat owner .. first week i got her desexed and microchipped and she went into heat the day before the appointment lol

ouch!

Lol are most of us considered online or IRL friends now that we met you.

Hmm good point...both I guess!

I mean the people I atract IRL and the people I call friends are actually usually a lot different from eachother. the people who find me and latch on to me mostly creap me out!:thumb_yello:

you guys on the other hand dont creap me out much...unless you start to stalk me like marcu then Ill start to wonder!

Ooooh cool! That's such a good idea!

I thought so, considering I get at least $20 off my dog registration!

Oh and MICI I'm sorry to hear about your little girl's foot. I hope she doesn't drive you mad :wink2:

Too late!!... She's doing well. Just missing out on a few things like ballet. The challenge is entertaining her while waiting waiting waiting to see Dr's. Trust me, it's not nearly as entertaining as waiting in the queue for a Mika gig!

Poor flossie... how'd she fracture a bone in her foot?

By being positively TOO bouncy...

Yay you!! Did you find your wallet?

you guys on the other hand dont creap me out much...unless you start to stalk me like marcu then Ill start to wonder!

I thought so, considering I get at least $20 off my dog registration!

So what... we creep you out a little bit? :blink::teehee:

Off topic I know but :naughty:

funny-pictures-cat-has-an-iphone.jpg

:lmfao::thumb_yello:

Too late!!... She's doing well. Just missing out on a few things like ballet. The challenge is entertaining her while waiting waiting waiting to see Dr's. Trust me, it's not nearly as entertaining as waiting in the queue for a Mika gig!

Awwww, poor bugger!

Waiting in line for Mika is very entertaining! :teehee:

Oh, while I think of it... I'm thinking I might just send the David book to someone in Europe, so make sure you check the Breakfast club thread for the date...

Archived