Next Single - 'Blame It On The Girls' - Out February 15th

mari62

He should release a ballad and I hope he picks this one in spring or so :teehee:

yes, it should be "I See You" but it should ideally come out with as part of a movie soundtrack... I haven't given up hope on this yet.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I also think that he should do I See You. Still not convinced that if he released Touches You, as much as I love it, he wouldn't get slated for "copying George Michael" :sneaky2:, you know how people are.

Agree with you on that, sadly :(

To be honest, I don't know what happened with BIOTG in the US -- I really

thought it had potential to be a hit. Maybe that was just wishful

thinking on my part. :dunno:

I know I thought it was coming out in the US:blink:

It was that crappy video, people, I'm telling you :lmfao: That would put anyone off :aah:. He should really listen to me :mf_rosetinted:.

It was that crappy video, people, I'm telling you :lmfao: That would put anyone off :aah:. He should really listen to me :mf_rosetinted:.

I agree Sari- I think the last 2 video's have been quite frankly crap by Mika standards. He also needs to pull his finger out and do some promotion in this country for once.

whinge over :biggrin2:

He also needs to pull his finger out and do some promotion in this country for once.

I think singing on "Dancing With the Stars" will be a good way of promoting the single in the UK.

In Hungary they even danced to Lollipop once (it was sang live by another singer, of course, sitting in the background..)

It was that crappy video, people, I'm telling you :lmfao: That would put anyone off :aah:.

But so was Big Girl, yet it was a huge hit - it is still being played on the radio and is used in tv programmes...etc.

I agree Sari- I think the last 2 video's have been quite frankly crap by Mika standards. He also needs to pull his finger out and do some promotion in this country for once.

That is quite true, do a few of those small gig-showcasey thingies that he's done elsewhere :naughty:. If we got to go to some of those, I'd run around the streets putting posters up and chatting people up for him :biggrin2:. I'm cheap that way (as he should already know after the Toronto stint :roftl:).

I must admit that I do like the Rain video though, and think that it's quite good.

That's so true:roftl:

Well, I hate to say it:boxed:, and I got a bit slated for being critical in its day, but I really find that the video was very poorly made and just doesn't do the song (or Mika's talent) any justice :dunno:

But so was Big Girl, yet it was a huge hit - it is still being played on the radio and is used in tv programmes...etc.

Now that I have to admit, Big Girl was the worst of them all :boxed:, what a disaster zone

I think singing on "Dancing With the Stars" will be a good way of promoting the single in the UK.

In Hungary they even danced to Lollipop once (it was sang live by another singer, of course, sitting in the background..)

I'm hoping the show gets great ratings (it's called So You Think You Can Dance btw) and if all the contestants dance to it, that should help the single.

But then again, I had hopes for Rain when he performed it at RAH, and at the RVP, but it was not to be.

I'm hoping the show gets great ratings (it's called So You Think You Can Dance btw) and if all the contestants dance to it, that should help the single.

Oh, yes, Dancing with the Stars is the name of the programme in the US, I think. Here it is called Saturday Night Fever :biggrin2: - they are all based on the the same licence.

Oh, yes, Dancing with the Stars is the name of the programme in the US, I think. Here it is called Saturday Night Fever :biggrin2: - they are all based on the the same licence.

There are a lot of dancing shows on atm. My son's a dance teacher and he's got a lot more students recently with the advent of Diversity etc.

So You Think You Can Dance has Arlene Phillips and Nigel Lythgoe as judges. Both influencial people that will be exposed to the Mika magic on the night he sings on the show.

Well, I hate to say it:boxed:, and I got a bit slated for being critical in its day, but I really find that the video was very poorly made and just doesn't do the song (or Mika's talent) any justice :dunno:

I don't think the video was a factor, TBH, because, well, I don't know who even SAW the video over here! The ONLY place I've seen it on US TV is on the LOGO network, which is the GLBT network here -- I've not seen it on VH1 or MTV or any other more mainstream program. The song just didn't get any airplay here -- I never heard it once on any US radio station, commercial or satellite. The only time I heard it on American airwaves at all was when Mika performed on David Letterman and Ellen -- and that's because I was seeking it out. I just can't understand why that song didn't have more of a chance over here. :boxed:

Believe it or not, Suzie -- we have both Dancing with the Stars AND So You Think You Can Dance. Mika appeared on the latter a few years ago here, as well. :thumb_yello:

Believe it or not, Suzie -- we have both Dancing with the Stars AND So You Think You Can Dance. Mika appeared on the latter a few years ago here, as well. :thumb_yello:

Thank you for clarifying it..:thumb_yello: Yes, I imagine dance shows are probably even more popular than the music talent shows in the US ..

I hardly ever watch them but I remember in the UK Save the Last Dance for Me is the last song they dance to. And I think I must have remembered the name DWTS because of Heather Mills's appearance on it. It was all over the media...

So, in case there will be some really interesting or notorious personalities in the UK show, Mika will get millions tuned in to watch the show.

Thank you for clarifying it..:thumb_yello: Yes, I imagine dance shows are probably even more popular than the music talent shows in the US ..

I hardly ever watch them but I remember in the UK Save the Last Dance for Me is the last song they dance to. And I think I must have remembered the name DWTS because of Heather Mills's appearance on it. It was all over the media...

So, in case there will be some really interesting or notorious personalities in the UK show, Mika will get millions tuned in to watch the show.

Strictly Come Dancing is the one with the celebrities in it. I think SYTYCD is just normal people. They could still be interesting people though.

Strictly Come Dancing is the one with the celebrities in it. I think SYTYCD is just normal people. They could still be interesting people though.

:shocked:

really? I really thought they were Z-list celebs..:blink:

(I would never watch such show under normal circumstances. I only ever watched 2-3 episodes I think - when I happened to spend a Saturday night in a hotel room in the UK /NL /BE over the last couple of years.. :teehee:)

:shocked:

really? I really thought they were Z-list celebs..:blink:

(I would never watch such show under normal circumstances. I only ever watched 2-3 episodes I think - when I happened to spend a Saturday night in a hotel room in the UK /NL /BE over the last couple of years.. :teehee:)

Well I don't know any of them. http://www.bbc.co.uk/soyouthinkyoucandance/aps/contestants.shtml

Also Arlene Phillips (one of the judges) was on TV last week saying that it was very hard to narrow the contestants down to the number they needed for the show. So there already has been a selection process.

Archived