Next Single - 'Blame It On The Girls' - Out February 15th

mari62

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeh ... tis true , in fact I think all the promos did too .. I need to check .. ekkkkkkkk

<lady ga ga tickets are selling for a fortune over here .. Mika not so :boxed:>

don't knock it - we are poor Mika fans and we need lots of tickets to feed our addiction :mf_rosetinted:

don't knock it - we are poor Mika fans and we need lots of tickets to feed our addiction :mf_rosetinted:

I mean for fans yes , still seeing the man in smaller venus is fabby , I would of put a lot of money Mika being up to the bigger arenas by now .. seems hes taken a step back almost .. sigh :boxed:

The publicity surrounding ga ga in the tabloid press is incredible here

The rain promo they compared Mika to Lady ga ga as well...

:blink:

It is actually not a comparison but a quote by Lady Gaga, saying Mika's album is brilliant...:shocked:.. To me it is even more shocking because in my opinion the only type of 'review quotes' that should be used to promote a piece of work should come from a source that is more credible than the one they are reviewing (or plugging :teehee:)

I mean, I like Lady Gaga's music and the moment she entered the scene I said she was very talented (it is actually documented on MFC), but this one sounds as if Robbie Williams had ever been quoted saying the new George Michael album was brilliant and all this for a promotional purpuse within the industry...:blink:.. It looks like an upside down world to me.

I mean, I like Lady Gaga's music and the moment she entered the scene I said she was very talented (it is actually documented on MFC), but this one sounds as if Robbie Williams had ever been quoted saying the new George Michael album was brilliant and all this for a promotional purpuse within the industry...:blink:.. It looks like an upside down world to me.

That is truly bizarre if they are using it to promote within the industry. :blink:

:blink:

It is actually not a comparison but a quote by Lady Gaga, saying Mika's album is brilliant...:shocked:.. To me it is even more shocking because in my opinion the only type of 'review quotes' that should be used to promote a piece of work should come from a source that is more credible than the one they are reviewing (or plugging :teehee:)

Yes, I totally agree. That's just the wrong premise, as I can see. She is another artist, and yes, she is very talented and I like her voice and music a lot (although the person irritates the crap out of me :aah:) , but I don't think that it's right or wise to use that sort of "recommendation".

Yes, I totally agree. That's just the wrong premise, as I can see. She is another artist, and yes, she is very talented and I like her voice and music a lot (although the person irritates the crap out of me :aah:) , but I don't think that it's right or wise to use that sort of "recommendation".

It's just a PR tactic. Gaga is the "It" girl right now, a phenomenon in terms of commercial viability and media prominence. So Mika's PR team is taking advantage of the Gaga phenomenon and quoting her as a means of leveraging her sudden uber-stardom in a way that sprinkles some glory onto Mika.

Regardless of who came out first and all that, Gaga is the bigger star by far - virtually a household name. Mika, sadly, is not, hence why they'd go this route. :dunno:

It's just a PR tactic. Gaga is the "It" girl right now, a phenomenon in terms of commercial viability and media prominence. So Mika's PR team is taking advantage of the Gaga phenomenon and quoting her as a means of leveraging her sudden uber-stardom in a way that sprinkles some glory onto Mika.

Regardless of who came out first and all that, Gaga is the bigger star by far - virtually a household name. Mika, sadly, is not, hence why they'd go this route. :dunno:

:sneaky2: I know, and me no likey :sneaky2:

I just don't see why people keep mentioning them in the same breath or the same sentence. They are two separate artists doing two separate things as far as I'm concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just watched BIOTG video for the first time on VH1.:woot_jump:

This time they were pretty expeditive and efficiant:naughty:

Conciedering the recent discussion on that topic,I must say that it looks far

better on telly (on big screen) than on You Tube or MS.

Mika's stunning, there's some depth which has been achievied with the black and white screens, and the girls dancing don't look so amateurish. Now I have quite different impression about it.:wub2::biggrin2:

GO MIKA :thumb_yello:

Mika's stunning, there's some depth which has been achievied with the black and white screens, and the girls dancing don't look so amateurish. Now I have quite different impression about it.:wub2::biggrin2:

Cool! I wonder when the Belgian music channels will have the clip in rotation.

Yeah, sure, now I'm waiting it to appear as a brand new on MTV Adria.:teehee:So'll he be in TOP 20 again!!!!:thumb_yello:

Rain is still in rather heavy rotation on some radio channels here. And I noticed that it was on #4 in the clip top 40 two weeks ago...I think on Jim.

It'll be great to have a new vid conquering the screens. :biggrin2:

I'm sorry to say, but every time I watch it, I find it worse and worse. I just can't get over how ugly and amateurish and horrid it is :blink:. It's a shame.

Cool! I wonder when the Belgian music channels will have the clip in rotation.

I really hope for Mika's sake that they don't show that video a lot in the UK. I doubt that it will do him any favours.

Rain is still in rather heavy rotation on some radio channels here. And I noticed that it was on #4 in the clip top 40 two weeks ago...I think on Jim.

It'll be great to have a new vid conquering the screens. :biggrin2:

I don't listen that much radio, but Rain was in the top 20 video charts 2 months and half and I've been watching it every day about 2 times on telly.

Yeah, agreed. I've always loved BIOTG song. :thumb_yello:

I'm sorry to say, but every time I watch it, I find it worse and worse. I just can't get over how ugly and amateurish and horrid it is :blink:. It's a shame.

I really hope for Mika's sake that they don't show that video a lot in the UK. I doubt that it will do him any favours.

Well, I've shared your opinion about that video completely. But this time I've been focused only on Mika's moves and some other parts of it, including the song itself of course. So it turned that I've liked it more. :dunno:

Does anyone know if there is going to be an actual physical CD of the single to buy in the UK - or is it only available to download?

Just puzzled as the release date is 9 days away but there's no sign of it on the HMV website yet :dunno:

Archived