Next Single - 'Blame It On The Girls' - Out February 15th

mari62

Strictly Come Dancing is the one with the celebrities in it. I think SYTYCD is just normal people. They could still be interesting people though.

I've watched a couple of episodes of So You Think You Can Dance and I prefer it than Strictly Come Dancing...

So You Think You Can Dance is full of people who are already amazing dancers and do a number of dance styles (I know Strictly Come Dancing do salsa, foxtrot, jive and all that, but SYTYCD is more about contemporary and jazz and...well, there's more variety) and I prefer watching people perform amazing dances rather than a bunch of (z or not) celebrities.

Here's my favourite dance to my favourite song (Gravity by Sara Bareilles) from SYTYCD...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS3qNcEBCv0

It's beautiful.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was that crappy video, people, I'm telling you :lmfao: That would put anyone off :aah:. He should really listen to me :mf_rosetinted:.

Well being American and living in America, it's pretty easy to expect what music the majority of people will like, and unfortunately, I had a feeling BIOTG was never going to be successful here. It's too good for people to appreciate. :thumbdown:

I just can't understand why that song didn't have more of a chance over here. :boxed:

Because it's not a piece of sh*t. :naughty:

The only music that's successful here seems to be pure crap, with auto-tuned vocals and tasteless lyrics.

That is quite true, do a few of those small gig-showcasey thingies that he's done elsewhere :naughty:. If we got to go to some of those, I'd run around the streets putting posters up and chatting people up for him :biggrin2:. I'm cheap that way (as he should already know after the Toronto stint :roftl:).

I must admit that I do like the Rain video though, and think that it's quite good.

Well, I hate to say it:boxed:, and I got a bit slated for being critical in its day, but I really find that the video was very poorly made and just doesn't do the song (or Mika's talent) any justice :dunno:

Now that I have to admit, Big Girl was the worst of them all :boxed:, what a disaster zone

I'm with you there for the promo.

I joked with Andy when LICM was out, that I would pimp my van for promo, but this time I'd be happy too, if it helps in any way!

The only music that's successful here seems to be pure crap, with auto-tuned vocals and tasteless lyrics.

Sadly it's getting that way here too, either that or bland pop, that they do on X Factor!

There's just no imagination in music anymore, except with Mika or bands like Muse, MGMT, Flaming Lips. These artists who aren't afraid to play around with music, and stretch the boundaries, which makes music exciting, and using artistic images to accentuate it.

This is why I love them, and listen to them.

I notice Coldplay have started to use more artistic images to accompany their music, which I liked already, but now can get my teeth into more. Just get Snow Patrol on it now and we'll be laughing!

Yay! I was wondering when he would make this single, I thought for sure it would be sooner than rain. Like the cover art.

You know what's cool about Mika's covers? You can put them all together and they work together.

I didn't read the previous posts, so sorry if people have already put comments about this...

Did you notice the symbols in the background? There are gender symbols (male/female) ... but also a question mark.

I like it! That's quite interesting and ambiguous, and reminds me of "why do we have to be put in categories?"

Did you notice the symbols in the background? There are gender symbols (male/female) ... but also a question mark.

I like it! That's quite interesting and ambiguous, and reminds me of "why do we have to be put in categories?"

I haven't noticed that until now as I rarely pay attention to visual details, but otherwise I have already noticed it ...in general... :teehee:

Well being American and living in America, it's pretty easy to expect what music the majority of people will like, and unfortunately, I had a feeling BIOTG was never going to be successful here. It's too good for people to appreciate. :thumbdown:

I'd say it's too different from what is currently being played over there. It seems to me that in the US they only play artists that "fit in" with the trend.

Lady Gaga is an exception since her tunes are very 80s, mixed with 70s disco and even 90s big electronic sound occasionally - but she is all over the place because of the shock tactics she uses.

If we lived in the 90s, I'd say I See You would be HUGE in the US.. but we do not live in the 90s... trends are different now. You'd need Jay-Z for a hit record :sad:

Sadly it's getting that way here too, either that or bland pop, that they do on X Factor!

There's just no imagination in music anymore, except with Mika or bands like Muse, MGMT, Flaming Lips. These artists who aren't afraid to play around with music, and stretch the boundaries, which makes music exciting, and using artistic images to accentuate it.

*agrees*

I'd say it's too different from what is currently being played over there. It seems to me that in the US they only play artists that "fit in" with the trend.

Lady Gaga is an exception since her tunes are very 80s, mixed with 70s disco and even 90s big electronic sound occasionally - but she is all over the place because of the shock tactics she uses.

If we lived in the 90s, I'd say I See You would be HUGE in the US.. but we do not live in the 90s... trends are different now. You'd need Jay-Z for a hit record :sad:

*agrees*

I dunno, it was big on itunes and people seemed to of liked it when I played the song. But, sadly, your probably right.

My Mom loves I See You (Well, so do I, but anyway...) and she says if they played it on the radio it would be a big hit. :naughty:

I didn't read the previous posts, so sorry if people have already put comments about this...

Yeah it's also in the album cover on one of the pages. I noticed it on the day it came out lol, I was trying to point it out to Rose in the Paul O'Grady Show audience xD

You'd need Jay-Z for a hit record :sad:

Or Timbaland. :sneaky2:

You know, last night I watched an awards show we have here called the People's Choice Awards -- the general public actually gets to vote on who wins.

Nominees for favorite (note - not BEST, but FAVORITE) male artist were: Eminem, Keith Urban and Tim McGraw (country music singers), Jason Mraz and John Mayer. Keith Urban won. Huh? I'm clearly out of step with the rest of the "people" because to me Keith Urban is best-known as Nicole Kidman's husband. Is it possible that he is really America's FAVORITE male singer? I wouldn't know one of his tunes if it hit me. :naughty: (The women's category was no better - winner was Taylor Swift, who is adorable, but really? FAVORITE female?)

One encouraging note, though: The show used a song by the group Temposhark as its background music. Temposhark is the group Luke Juby played with for a time after he left Mika's band, and they are one of my faves -- love that they got some nice exposure in the US. :thumb_yello:

Anyhow, back on topic: about this next single. Why are they waiting a month and a half to release it? The video is made, the tour *starts* in February. Wouldn't it make sense to release it sooner, so that if it is just happens to become a hit it, it will generate buzz and build more interest and attract more people to the shows? Guess I just don't understand the music business. :dunno:

Anyhow, back on topic: about this next single. Why are they waiting a month and a half to release it? The video is made, the tour *starts* in February. Wouldn't it make sense to release it sooner, so that if it is just happens to become a hit it, it will generate buzz and build more interest and attract more people to the shows? Guess I just don't understand the music business. :dunno:

I've also been wondering about that. usually when a tour starts, that's the right time to release a single. But then...in the music world there are no certainties. I used to work for a record company in 2001-2002 and it's a bizarre world. :boxed:

Deb, this IS Mika's management we're talking about :roftl:

Yeah it's also in the album cover on one of the pages. I noticed it on the day it came out lol, I was trying to point it out to Rose in the Paul O'Grady Show audience xD

Thanks Caroline! I'll look at the album cover right now!

I dunno, it was big on itunes and people seemed to of liked it when I played the song. But, sadly, your probably right.

My Mom loves I See You (Well, so do I, but anyway...) and she says if they played it on the radio it would be a big hit. :naughty:

I think I SEE YOU would be a hit, but I'm in my fifties so what do I know?

But what I SEE YOU really would do is prove that Mika isn't just 'the guy with the falsetto voice who does pop songs'. That's what a lot of people think and I would love for them to realise there is much more to Mika than just the disco-type pop songs, even though I love those songs as well.

You know, last night I watched an awards show we have here called the People's Choice Awards -- the general public actually gets to vote on who wins.

Nominees for favorite (note - not BEST, but FAVORITE) male artist were: Eminem, Keith Urban and Tim McGraw (country music singers), Jason Mraz and John Mayer. Keith Urban won. Huh? I'm clearly out of step with the rest of the "people" because to me Keith Urban is best-known as Nicole Kidman's husband. Is it possible that he is really America's FAVORITE male singer? I wouldn't know one of his tunes if it hit me. :naughty: (The women's category was no better - winner was Taylor Swift, who is adorable, but really? FAVORITE female?)

One encouraging note, though: The show used a song by the group Temposhark as its background music. Temposhark is the group Luke Juby played with for a time after he left Mika's band, and they are one of my faves -- love that they got some nice exposure in the US. :thumb_yello:

Well Country music's huge, isn't it? I've been listening to a Country music show an America-crazy presenter at our station set up, and he said Taylor Swift sold INCREDIBLY well...she won quite some awards too. I have worldwidealbums here anyway, and looking at that, Keith Urban did REALLY well too. And Defying Gravity sure is a good album, though within Country music I prefer Jason Aldean :teehee::naughty:

As for the bolded bit - wow, that's cool :biggrin2::thumb_yello:

And well, no idea :aah: MFC should totally replace his management :mf_rosetinted:

Can't wait to be a radio presenter, hoping to understand a bit more of the biz :naughty:

Anyhow, back on topic: about this next single. Why are they waiting a month and a half to release it? The video is made, the tour *starts* in February. Wouldn't it make sense to release it sooner, so that if it is just

happens to become a hit it, it will generate buzz and build more interest and attract more people to the shows? Guess I just don't understand the music business. :dunno:

And Rob from Temposhark is SO lovely :wub2:

Archived