Next Single - 'Blame It On The Girls' - Out February 15th

mari62

Belgian radio station MNM chose Blame It On The Girls as 'Big Hit'

:yay:

http://www.mnm.be/muziek/bighit/

Met zijn vorige hits 'We Are Golden' en 'Rain kon Mika ons overtuigen met zijn muziek en werd hij toen al 2x bekroond met een Big Hit. 3 op een rij want ook 'Blame It On The Girls' van Mika is Big Hit!

Dit moest Charlie Chaplin nog meemaken. Mika smukt zijn clip op met zijn favoriete attributen, een wandelstok en een bolhoed. Bovendien komen er nog wat fijne vrouwen uit het decor. Mika bracht deze single in een aantal landen uit voor 'Rain'. Echt veel wijzer is de pief er wellicht niet van geworden. Zwaar geflopt in Amerika maar nummer 1 in Japan. Daar moeten we wel bijzeggen dat ze Mika in de States nauwelijks beter kennen dan een plaatselijk kampioen in het hamburger vreten. In Europa ligt zijn status eerder in de buurt van een God. Ben er zeker van dat wij dichter bij onze Japanse vrienden eindigen, dan bij die Amerikanen. OK.

With his previous hits, WAG and Rain, Mika could convince us with his music and he was awarded a 'big hit' twice. Three times in a row, cause BIOTG is a Big Hit as well!

Charlie Chaplin should have seen this. Mika uses his favourite attributes, a walking-stick and a bowler hat. In addition, some fine women walk in the decor. Mika released this single before Rain in a couple of countries. But the boss didnt get a lot wiser by doing so. Big failure in America, but number 1 in Japan. We should mention though that the americans know Mika hardly better than a local champion hot dog eating. In Europe, his status is closer to that of a God. I am sure that we'll end closer to our Japanese friends than to the Americans. OK.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big failure in America, but number 1 in Japan. We should mention though that the americans know Mika hardly better than a local champion hot dog eating. In Europe, his status is closer to that of a God. I am sure that we'll end closer to our Japanese friends than to the Americans. OK.[/b]

And not a champion donut eating? :wink2:

Does anyone know if there is going to be an actual physical CD of the single to buy in the UK - or is it only available to download?

Just puzzled as the release date is 9 days away but there's no sign of it on the HMV website yet :dunno:

Jules, but there OUGHT to be a physical single in the shops, according to Mikasounds...

HEY MFCers!

I know the single got a UK release today, but I'm doing a BIG PUSH to have Mika played on the radio down here today. I've called in many times before, only to be rudely rejected, but this time I'm calling on the MFC army. If you could help me out, I would be foreverly greatful!

HERE'S THE BREAKDOWN:

PHONE LINE:

(1-512) 390 - 1967

TWITTER(S):

@967kissfm

@Cruz967

EMAIL:

cruz@967kissfm.com

Go MFC army! :bow:

Request BLAME IT ON THE GIRLS!

Here's the link if you want to listen in:

http://www.967kissfm.com/main.html

Click the "Listen LIVE" button in the top left.

Does anyone know if there is going to be an actual physical CD of the single to buy in the UK - or is it only available to download?

Just puzzled as the release date is 9 days away but there's no sign of it on the HMV website yet :dunno:

Jules, but there OUGHT to be a physical single in the shops, according to Mikasounds...

Well, I wasn't able to pre-order the CD anywhere :blink:

Might check out the various websites to see if it is available now :sneaky2:

Well, I wasn't able to pre-order the CD anywhere :blink:

Might check out the various websites to see if it is available now :sneaky2:

Our local cd-shops doesn't sell singles anymore, due to falling-salesfigures due to downloading:thumdown:

Quote Mikasounds:

if you want to get your paws on a physical copy then head to your nearest recordstore

unquote...

I find it really sad that 'record' shops aren't selling CD singles anymore - well almost...

Kev went to our local HMV today (the only shop we have left that sells singles) to pick up BIOTG, but it was nowhere to be found. He asked at the counter only to be told it wasn't even on their system :boxed: They did however have about 200 copies of the pile of sick that is the Jedward single! It's no wonder the UK charts are is such a state if that's the only sort of tat they're pushing in the stores :mad3:

Is it so wrong or old-fashioned to want to hold a physical single in my hands and stroke it lovingly? I cherish my vinyl collection and enjoy collecting MIKA's CD singles (or should that be enjoyed) I know I can download it - but it's just not the same :tears::crybaby:

Quote Mikasounds:

if you want to get your paws on a physical copy then head to your nearest recordstore

unquote...

I find it really sad that 'record' shops aren't selling CD singles anymore - well almost...

Kev went to our local HMV today (the only shop we have left that sells singles) to pick up BIOTG, but it was nowhere to be found. He asked at the counter only to be told it wasn't even on their system :boxed: They did however have about 200 copies of the pile of sick that is the Jedward single! It's no wonder the UK charts are is such a state if that's the only sort of tat they're pushing in the stores :mad3:

Is it so wrong or old-fashioned to want to hold a physical single in my hands and stroke it lovingly? I cherish my vinyl collection and enjoy collecting MIKA's CD singles (or should that be enjoyed) I know I can download it - but it's just not the same :tears::crybaby:

We were discussing the very same thing on the TBWKTM thread. I can't find a single shop or website selling the physical CD single :aah:

We were discussing the very same thing on the TBWKTM thread. I can't find a single shop or website selling the physical CD single :aah:

Ahhh Silver - remember when Woolies in Reading sold singles - those were the days :wink2:

If you find anywhere that sells BIOTG please let me know :puppy_eyes:

I know I can download it - but it's just not the same :tears::crybaby:

I totally agree with you!

I think Mikasounds team is really, REALLY doing their job unprofesionally. There have been like at least a dozen of flaws in their job. I mean, they didn't even put Rain single to buy in their shop!! Not to mention the tickets dispatch and their merchandise quality, with which some customers have had really bad experiences.

I can't find a single shop or website selling the physical CD single :aah:

I don't think there has ever been a shop that sold physical CD singles here in Serbia at all(or this area anyway) :thumbdown:

Quote Mikasounds:

unquote...

You're absolutely right!

I will try a cd-store in a city when I go shopping next saturday.

I know it's annoying for those who really want a copy of the physical CD single if they can't find one in the shops, but to be honest I think it's something people are going to have to get used to because like it or not,the days of the CD single are numbered.

I always used to love buying 12-inch vinyl singles back in the 80s, you felt like you were really getting something for your money, especially because almost always there was a 'proper' B-side (not just a crappy remix) and sometimes it would be almost an EP, with a third or fourth song on it. Those were the days when I considered it worthwhile getting the singles, and of course in those days there was no other option, no downloading or anything.

These days, personally, I never buy CD singles. To me they aren't worth the hassle, and just feel obsolete. I am happy to download the digital single/EP whatever, to help sales and to show my support for Mika (or whoever). I appreciate that many people still love to own a physical copy though..each to his/her own.

Is it just Mika's singles that are difficult to get hold of in the shops, though?? I suspect not. I think it's probably true for a lot of artists' stuff nowadays, because like it or not, CD singles are being phased out :dunno:

Our local cd-shops doesn't sell singles anymore, due to falling-salesfigures due to downloading:thumdown:

Does anyone know by any change at which musicchannel I have the biggest change to record the video for Blame it on my DVD?

I'm currently recording MTV Brandnew.

I've seen the vid on MTV Brandnew this week :thumb_yello:

(de nacht van dinsdag op woensdag)

I've seen the vid on MTV Brandnew this week :thumb_yello:

(de nacht van dinsdag op woensdag)

MTV Adria plays him a couple of times per day (BIOTG) and he's No1 on Top20 List:thumb_yello:

http://http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21776

(Somebody should add this on his Wikipedia btw)

Please keep voting, we need to keep him as #1:thumb_yello:

Archived