Mika: "What does Alan McGee know about me?"

marian538

ANGRY MIKA FIRES BACK AT McGEE ; Singer's fury at Brits rant

POP sensation Mika has hit back at music mogul Alan McGee after he criticised the singer's Brit nomination.

In an exclusive interview with the Record, McGee attacked many of those up for gongs, including Sir Paul McCartney and Coldplay, as well as saying the awards should be scrapped.

During his rant, ex-Creation Records boss McGee, who discovered Oasis and Primal Scream, also blurted out: "Mika should have been shot at birth."

Mika is up for a Best Male Solo artist award at the Brits, hosted by Peter Kay in London's Earls Court, on February 16.

Beirut-born Mika, 26, fumed: "What does Alan McGee know about me? "Why would what I do relate to him? And why would what I do deserve an opinion from someone like him? "I make music that comes from the circumstances I have lived with.

"My music is a direct result of the life I have had and continue to have.

"I have always done it from a very organic place that I have been very proud of and without thinking about other people's opinions.

"I am a target for certain types of people to criticise. They feel that it increases the attention and column inches they get.

"I'm not willing to take part in their little game or retaliate in any way except to say that I don't care.

"Let him go off and club with every supermodel in London and rest on the cool laurels that he has laid for himself like prickly thorns. He can keep that life. I'm happy with mine."

Mika, born Michael Holbrook Penniman, stormed the British pop scene in 2007 with his infectious brand of melodic pop.

His debut album, Life In Cartoon Motion, sold six million copies and spawned hits Grace Kelly, Big Girl (You Are Beautiful), Lollipop and Relax, Take It Easy.

Last year's follow-up album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, was also a million-seller.

His rivals for a Brit are Calvin Harris, Dizzee Rascal, Paolo Nutini and Robbie Williams. Mika admitted: "Calvin is brilliant. Paolo is undeniably talented. "Dizzee's had an amazing run and Robbie is establishment now. It's an honour to be nominated with them."

http://www.californiachronicle.com/articles/yb/140703116

This is our boy :mf_rosetinted: !!! :teehee:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:wub2:well said Mika :wub2:

"I'm not willing to take part in their little game or retaliate in any way except to say that I don't care. :thumb_yello:

Well saying "I don't care" is a lie, otherwise he wouldn't have said anything at all. :teehee:

Beirut-born Mika, 26, fumed: "What does Alan McGee know about me? "Why would what I do relate to him? And why would what I do deserve an opinion from someone like him? "I make music that comes from the circumstances I have lived with.

"My music is a direct result of the life I have had and continue to have.

"I have always done it from a very organic place that I have been very proud of and without thinking about other people's opinions.

"I am a target for certain types of people to criticise. They feel that it increases the attention and column inches they get.

"I'm not willing to take part in their little game or retaliate in any way except to say that I don't care.

"Let him go off and club with every supermodel in London and rest on the cool laurels that he has laid for himself like prickly thorns. He can keep that life. I'm happy with mine.

Whoa. FIERCE!! :shocked::clap:

Although I wouldn't even give Alan McGee as much credit as Mika does, suggesting that his criticisms of Mika were based on the kind of music Mika makes. If that were the case, this moron would have had more to say than just "Mika should have been shot." I mean, that's not even an opinion of Mika's music, just babblings from some washed-up has-been. :bleh:

Don't know if he actually said any of that, but I hope he did. :pinkbow:

Go, Mika! :fangurl:

Exactly. Love that! :fangurl:

:shocked::biggrin2::wub2:

If I ever become a zombie, his is the first brain I am going after. (The highest possible compliment among my circle of friends.)

You and me both, sistah. That line was definitely the product of a very edible brain. :roftl:

"I am a target for certain types of people to criticise. They feel that it increases the attention and column inches they get. "

Totally agree that. McGee said all that nonsence just to make people pay attention to him.

Really glad to read Mika's answer to him. t4p:thumb_yello:

Don't know if he actually said any of that, but I hope he did. :pinkbow:

Go, Mika! :fangurl:

It sounds like him...:blush-anim-cl:

I love him for always responding in such an intelligent way and standing up for what he believes in but without hurting anyone.

It sounds like him...:blush-anim-cl:

I love him for always responding in such an intelligent was and standing up for what he believes in but without hurting anyone.

:wub2:

In the words of GaGa...and sometimes I think it's quite true..."He ate my heart and then he ate my brain".

Archived