Mika: "What does Alan McGee know about me?"

marian538

This guy's just having a rant I guess, a bit like I do sometimes - get me on Justin Timberlake etc etc, I mean I bet he's not a bad guy personally, but I can still do a good rant on him based on what I think of his music. :naughty:

Hmm, maybe I could be making some money out of this ranting.....mwhahaha I will soon be very, very rich.

Oh gosh we'd be millionaires! :lmfao:

You know I used to have a good rant about JT once in awhile but I saw him live and he's quite talented. He plays the piano and can sit down and do a good acoustic song like Mika or GaGa.

I don't know much about him on a personal level but he also seems like a nice guy who doesn't slag people off in public, etc.

Yeah I don't get that AT all. Youtube people are just odd creatures in general. They like being negative.

I've noticed that just about every video that has a lot of commentary eventually degenerates into an argument about how ignorant/stupid/self-absorbed Americans are. It could be a video about experimenting with beer or about music or politics...doesn't matter. Whatever the topic it always ends up in a pro/anti-American slanging match. :dunno:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Mika said these things - good for Mika!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

The arse took it personal - that is his only mistake - a big one mind you.

I don't agree with Alan's criticisms - but - the perosnal attack demonstrates what kind of lowlife this arse really is.

The rest is just more press for Mika & his music.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Kudos Mika!!

Kodes!:shocked: Two arses in one post!

To me the headline about being shot at birth says everything I needed to know about this guy's article.

He's just using cheap shot shock tactics in the hope people will read his rubbish.

And we are all biting. :naughty:

I mean, apart from Enigma, how many of us knew who this guy was before this?

Yes I couldn't give a toss what anyone has to say about Mika either. I guess if you're him though this kind of thing puts you in a position where you have to respond. It's got to be a right pain in the ass to be trying to build a career and you've got some loudmouth with a large audience saying stuff like that.

I think that Mika would have been easily accepted in the 1980s and not have these "flamboyant" and "camp" labels attached to his name all the time. Everyone was flamboyant and camp by today's standards. Even the metalheads had long dyed hair, wore skin tight leather chaps, tons of makeup and jewellery, etc.

I don't know why society seems to have regressed since then and decided that this kind of showmanship is something to be criticized so harshly and held up as a reason to attack people's character and musical skills. :dunno:

I never understood the whole grunge and Britpop movement. Just medicore and unoriginal music from a bunch of average looking guys who look and sound like they should be pumping petrol for a living, not rock stars.

Ditto. Well, I was following the great artists and groups back in the 1970s who were much more "flamboyant" and openly androgyneous than these from the 1980s. No one considered them gay at that time, but from the perspective of our age you get quite another image. We were listening to their music and were fascinated exclusively for that reason. But still, Mika is far less flamboyant than Bowie from his early phase IMO.:wink2:

I've noticed that just about every video that has a lot of commentary eventually degenerates into an argument about how ignorant/stupid/self-absorbed Americans are. It could be a video about experimenting with beer or about music or politics...doesn't matter. Whatever the topic it always ends up in a pro/anti-American slanging match. :dunno:

Yeah, unfortunately, the ones who shout the loudest are the representatives of their country, and particularly with Americans the loudest ones are also the least educated ones, so it reflects badly on the country as a whole.

You get SO many racists on youtube as well, it's ridiculous. I would have thought we were past that but apparently not. :blink:

Yeah, unfortunately, the ones who shout the loudest are the representatives of their country, and particularly with Americans the loudest ones are also the least educated ones, so it reflects badly on the country as a whole.

You get SO many racists on youtube as well, it's ridiculous. I would have thought we were past that but apparently not. :blink:

The racism is maybe the most serious and dangereous problem in people's perception of Mika. I've seen these kinds of comments many times and was deeply surprised how such behaviour has been tolerated at all.:boxed:

The racism is maybe the most serious and dangereous problem in people's perception of Mika. I've seen these kinds of comments many times and was deeply surprised how such behaviour has been tolerated at all.:boxed:

To be honest I was talking about youtube in general as opposed to Mika. I don't often see racist comments about them, but I suppose I probably don't youtube enough/read enough comments to see them.

You'll literally get people calling people all sorts of things that you literally can't say in public without getting lynched, but of course, cos it's the internet everyone suddenly thinks they can be a big man and try it.

To be honest I was talking about youtube in general as opposed to Mika. I don't often see racist comments about them, but I suppose I probably don't youtube enough/read enough comments to see them.

Yeah I can't say I have ever noticed anything racist written about Mika. :blink: But maybe I didn't look in the right places.

Yeah I can't say I have ever noticed anything racist written about Mika. :blink: But maybe I didn't look in the right places.

I can imagine there are some severely ignorant people who might dish out the race insults. I'm yet to see any though.

Mika is a well cheeky sod though, coming over to our country, winning our Brit awards, paying our taxes, eating our food, and it's not just any food, it's M&S food! What a f***ing liberty!!!! (To quote Nan Taylor, as I have a few times this week!)

Kodes!:shocked: Two arses in one post!

To me the headline about being shot at birth says everything I needed to know about this guy's article.

He's just using cheap shot shock tactics in the hope people will read his rubbish.

And we are all biting. :naughty:

I mean, apart from Enigma, how many of us knew who this guy was before this?

"Two arses in one post" - Repetition for emphasis!:roftl::roftl:

Right on Babs!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

ha, very good reaction mika! :thumb_yello: i guess the article is a bit misleading though regarding the reason why he said those things... tbh, i don't think he called up the newspaper to tell them his opinion - he said he doesn't care, so why would he bother? i think it's rather the newspaper asking him for a statement on this, and yeah, surely he was happy to give it. but to say he "shoots back" and is "fuming" is very likely just made up by the newspaper, and not mika going "i want everyone to know what i think of this stupid guy!". imo. :wink2:

You'll literally get people calling people all sorts of things that you literally can't say in public without getting lynched, but of course, cos it's the internet everyone suddenly thinks they can be a big man and try it.

Well, such comments have often appeared on You Tube mostly in 2007 and 2008, and on some American websites together with horrible homophobic comments and unhuman reactions which are of the same sort as this from Mr McGee. And many of them were deleted after that. I quite rememeber that was sooo desperate about them. But he gets racist comments on his Twitter too, someone posted about that here on MFC.

Well, such comments have often appeared on You Tube mostly in 2007 and 2008, and on some American websites together with horrible homophobic comments and unhuman reactions which are of the same sort as this from Mr McGee. And many of them were deleted after that. I quite rememeber that was sooo desperate about them. But he gets racist comments on his Twitter too, someone posted about that here on MFC.

Yeah I knew about the Twitter one cos he said about it on the radio. Tbh, I wouldn't worry about them too much, it's disgusting and ignorant, but so what if he's half Lebanese? I think people are just jealous cos he gets a lovely tan in the summer and has all that thick gorgeous hair.

Yeah I knew about the Twitter one cos he said about it on the radio. Tbh, I wouldn't worry about them too much, it's disgusting and ignorant, but so what if he's half Lebanese? I think people are just jealous cos he gets a lovely tan in the summer and has all that thick gorgeous hair.

Agreed with you, but especially mixed with the disgusting homophobic insults and dissmising him as an artist in generall, it may sound over the edge IMO.

Personally I love he's half Lebanese, they're among most gorgeous people in the world.:wub2:

Agreed with you, but especially mixed with the disgusting homophobic insults and dissmising him as an artist in generall, it may sound over the edge IMO.

Personally I love he's half Lebanese, they're among most gorgeous people in the world.:wub2:

Yeah, try not to let it bother you too much - the ignorant will never be swayed because they enjoy being ignorant. They like to think that life is simple and they watch simple things on tv and do simple jobs for simple money and they die simple deaths. Then nobody bothers to go to their simple funeral. Nothing that can be done really.

This, however, is a different situation because it is the opinion of someone who is considered to be a valid contributor by whatever magazine/newspaper the article was originally published in. He's not. In case you hadn't realised already. :wink2:

I think you are right - I suspect the paper rang him up expecting to get an angry reaction, and instead they got a Mika shrug. I think he may even have giggled a bit. They forgot to change the title of the article to match Mika's response :biggrin2:

Yes, I wonder if, rather than Mika reading the MFC, it's not someone from *the paper* who reads MFC... and then decided to put the question to Mika to see if they could get the same reaction out of Mika that Mika's fans had.

:blink:

Yes I know we're biased but I really find it difficult to imagine anyone who has had a one-on-one conversation with Mika could possibly dislike him on a personal level. Mika makes out like he shuns other pop stars and celebrities in general but it seems to me he picks up friends everywhere he goes, young and old, more and less famous than he is, from all creative areas.

And since he ALWAYS conducts himself with this kind of grace in public no matter how rude people are to him I can't believe he's got much of a reputation for being a jerk in the industry. He really never does anything to warrant these kinds of attacks.

I totally agree with that. How many times have people come away from interviewing him and then said what a nice chap he is? Like Chris Moyles, for example. And as you say, he seems to collect devoted friends along the way, like Es Devlin, Louboutin, Imogen Heap, etc. It really does seem like a "to know him is to love him" kind of thing. :wub2:

Archived